Agony and Pain screams to get Scared - 100%

Verminswallower, August 13th, 2011

Abruptum's EP is one and only. A really raw and noisy recording which shows a good and evil black metal. 2 instrumental songs that shows pure raw noise and 1 song that is gonna get you scared to death.

First track "De Profundis Mors Vas Cousumet" starts with a keyboard intro, making it seems really innocent, until the guitars starts to sound, an then comes the most terrifying demon scream I have ever heard in a song (if you wanna start listening black metal, do not start listening to this, or you're gonna shit your pants with the scream). Then starts the dark singing, to show another scream, more clear but more painful. The combination of the slow drums with the screams creates an ambient of pure torture, getting back again to the singing, and once more comes a demon scream which seem to be saying "SATAN!" over and over again, to say it once more and turn the scream into an agonic scream, and then the keyboards starts again. When they end, the guitars and drums starts to sound again, along with a bell and the dark voice singing again, to show the last agonic scream of the song and end it with keyboards. The following tracks "Dödsapparaten" and "Massdöd" are almost 11 minutes of good and raw instrumental black metal.

Now, here is the question that has bothered all of those who hear Abruptum: Do the really tortured themselves during the recordings to make those terrible screams? I don't know. If they really tortured to make those screams, I don't wanna know what they used to do it. And most people think the same, for those screams are very hard to do if you're not in pain or being tortured.

Despite the horrible raw sound of the tracks and the traumatic screams, I recomend this band to everyone who likes a good and old black metal, and I warn you again: If you're afraid of ghosts and monsters, you're gonna shit your pants with every scream.