Fucking Thrash!!! - 74%

UltraBoris, December 8th, 2002

Yes, this is probably their thrashiest album... more original material to be found here, even though some of the stuff appeared before on the live album. We've got more thrash metal riffs than speed here, as opposed to the previous album which had a huge Motorhead influence. It's still here, just not quite as huge. What we have here is a more New York thrash sound... think of Feel the Fire, especially with the general riff work and also some of the melodies.

Highlights... Russian Vodka is a fucking great title track. A real barrel of fun. Then, "K.K.K." is a bit on the funny side thanks to the mispronounciation, but the riffs are VERY VERY SERIOUS. "The Vampire's Tank" and "Fifteen Men on the Dead Man's Trunk" are nice, especially the latter, which is Running Wild at 240 bpm. "Crazy House" too, and then we have the absolute winner on here, "The Call of the Shadows" which will cause you to fucking headbang, and if you're not, then you are dead.

Check out the mp3s - link to the official site is available somewhere around here. Total fucking thrash mayhem - if you like old Overkill, you'll like this one.