Some great riffs on here - 70%

UltraBoris, August 21st, 2002

This is almost the best Korrozia album (see Russian Vodka for the excellent followup) - most of the songs here are pretty decent, and there are a few really great thrashers here, in the vein of Laaz Rockit "Annihilation Principle" meets Carnivore.

As can be the case with many albums, the best songs are clustered around the beginning of the album, and it gets steadily worse.

"AIDS" starts the album. Fucking thrash everywhere! Very cool memorable chorus, and even though I have no fucking clue what the lyrics are, I still remember them! "Heroin" is more of the same - this is really great stuff at this point.

"Viking With His Sword in a Storm" is a bit weaker, but still pretty decent. Then, "Motorocker" (Megadeth, take notes!) This is more a Motorhead-styled song, thus the Carnivore references - thrash, with some speed metal bits.

"Black Terror" is also pretty decent, though not quite as good as the first two songs. "Phantom" and "Abaddon" also decent, though they do descend into repeating the chorus a few times without the riffs underneath to maintain cohesion - just kinda turns into punkish yelling at times. "Lucifer" is live (I have no idea when it was recorded), and is originally from their 1985 EP - quite damn good, actually. More Motorhead than anything else.

"The Seventh Gate of Hell" - skip it, I've never quite found out the purpose to this. Some weird groans and really bad disco beats. Yep. It's pretty hideous.

So overall, what we have here is half of "Annihilation Principle" and half a Motorhead album - some things are stronger than others on here, overall the whole thing is pretty decent. Except the last song.