Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Muloc7253
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:26 pm 

Am I the only one that doesn't understand why they're here? What's so metal about them? Surely everyone else just hears Merzbow type noise with some background wailing...can someone clear this up for me? Makes no sense.

Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:16 pm 

I agree, not metal. But, there is a thread for these inquisitions :)

Strange Death Metal

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:18 pm 

Muloc7253 wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't understand why they're here? What's so metal about them? Surely everyone else just hears Merzbow type noise with some background wailing...can someone clear this up for me? Makes no sense.

Most probably a mistake, they were questioned several times. We will see tomorrow, they will most likely go, unless someone will be able to prove of which band they are exactly side project of and not only rumours as - established Belgian BM musicians are behind this project etc.
Not metal at all, indeed.

Edit:, yes, the music has nothing to do with metal.
http://www.myspace.com/audio_terrrorist

Deleted and blacklisted.

Carver
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:56 pm 

That's not so important but for clarification is there any specific reason for removing "Xardas is although known for his work with Stalaggh" from Kafan MA's page?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:59 pm 

Carver wrote:
That's not so important but for clarification is there any specific reason for removing "Xardas is although known for his work with Stalaggh" from Kafan MA's page?

I have not removed it, but he did only remixes for them, so it was unprecise in every case.

Muloc7253
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:16 pm 

Oh, sorry for posting this in the wrong place by the way, but I figured since they were a well known band it would provoke a bit of discussion...which it didn't.

ReigningChaos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:17 pm 

They should not have been deleted. Projekt Terror is a metal album. Granted, it's borderline, but it's more metal than anything else, and they belong on this site. :nono:

Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:41 pm 

ReigningChaos wrote:
They should not have been deleted. Projekt Terror is a metal album. Granted, it's borderline, but it's more metal than anything else, and they belong on this site. :nono:

Wrong, it's not metal at all.

Strange Death Metal

aramisdeathmetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:55 pm 

lol but their story is VERY metal

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:00 am 

ReigningChaos wrote:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =120028283

My hairdryer makes sounds which are more metal than this.
Should I record them, make up a cool story, that those are actually distorted sounds of a victim of some secret satanic ascrificial ritua l and release it on myspace to critical acclaim of kvlt kiddies worldwide.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =120028283
One review:
Project Nihil is the first track and like Project Terrror this is near 35 minutes in length, this track has no sort of structure and no usual instruments are present [guitars, drums etc.] Here and there you can hear some dungeon like sounds as if the vocalist is trapped; ready for death, but thats about as normal as this recording is... This track really is a nightmare coming from your speakers; the noise element here is very strong and this is the main point of this track, the foreground if you prefer. Somehow this merges into nothing when combined with the other distortions going on and if in the right mind frame the over-volumed noise simply disapears and all you can hear is the screams, have to focus in quite a bit for this to happen though. Project Terror starts off similar to Project Nihil in the sense that the noise element here is very strong, again the vocals are very deep down in the mix but are more present than ever before. This time alot more hissy and distortions can be heard and the track allthough no rythm or tune is obviously going on it feels almost like a faster track; as if things are changing quicker... Within this track the feeling of schizofrenia isn't near, but is present, who knows what the layered screams are telling you to do without you even knowing, what messages are hidden in the darkest depths of this song whilst you are trying to focus in and listen the way it should be done. The 3rd track is nothing like the above tracks, this time its a 5 minute journey without the noise, just layer upon layer which have been distorted, twisted, put backwards, slowed, fasten etc. etc. I can even here some sort of Bass present behind the vocals, this is by no means a structured usual song of course; but I think this is about as normal as Stalaggh will ever get... the best vocals are found in this track also. This CD is not a Black Metal release...

Another one:
Nihilistik Terrror is a massive, mind frying, soul shattering, freaked out, slab of droning, fuzzy, buzzy, whitenoise brutality, not black metal, not even metal really, more a sort of industrial noisescape, most definitely black, and bleak and harsh, but these are not songs, they are slow shifting sonic fields of squealing shrieking distortion, grinding ear shredding ambience, crunchy and gritty and NOISY!
----

This is not borderline, this is not even music but an industrial soundscape.

Mallcore is million times closer to real metal than this.

You obviously need more listening experince with REAL METAL.
A song needs certain type of songwriting, structure and instrumentation to be considered metal. None of it is present here.

This is the final straw for me, please, LOCK the thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.