Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Shienar
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:07 am 

I submitted Al Namrood and I received a rejection letter. In the letter it stated, "Either there is a lack of information, or this band has no apparent discography. Please see rule #7. If this band has indeed released anything and you can show us proof, you can resubmit it again." with the myspace blog link saying it hasn't been released.

Here is my proof: I purchased the album from Shaytan Productions 1 month ago, received it today, and my copy is 139/1000

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:21 am 

Shienar wrote:
I submitted Al Namrood and I received a rejection letter. In the letter it stated, "Either there is a lack of information, or this band has no apparent discography. Please see rule #7. If this band has indeed released anything and you can show us proof, you can resubmit it again." with the myspace blog link saying it hasn't been released.

Here is my proof: I purchased the album from Shaytan Productions 1 month ago, received it today, and my copy is 139/1000

The is no proof, you can say what you want here. The album was reported as not being released yet.

You have to show a visible proof, a scan of the whole cd.

SitraAhra
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:27 am 

Well this guy tells the truth,but as in many cases here he missed to add link to Record Label or another source (There's some info on DISCOGs) :

http://www.myspace.com/shaytanproductions

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:31 am 

Thorr wrote:
TheGrimWombat wrote:
Thorr wrote:
Thanks for never addressing my question fags.

This is surely a good way to get a positive response. :roll:

It may have just been overlooked, this board does not revolve around you.

I don't know what your question was, but this sort of response will get you nowhere.

I asked the question three times....and since this is the correct thread, I assumed it would have been answered.

Still, you dare to be insultive?? The band in question is not metal enough. Whaever it it, it is closer to grindcore than death metal or similar.
To compare it with Pelican will not help you, that band is quite bordeline itself.
And as for side project, Tortuga is a small indie label with no distribution in stone shops worldwide.
You have no right to get response to every question, do you recognize, that we may not have the will to discuss those drone, post-hardcore, whaever bands, which were already judged and blacklisted, especially when you bring nothing new to the discussion.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:55 am 

Hello, is there any special reason why the band Teen Cthulhu is not added? They have kind off a large disco and they sound acceptable thrashcore with some black metal influences http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PthLpUuVyrM some videos, http://www.myspace.com/teencthulhuhluhtcneet unofficial MySpace

Disco:
Teen Cthulhu "Simple Elegance" CD (Rock and Roleplay)
Teen Cthulhu s/t 7" (Thin the Herd)
Teen Cthulhu "Ride the Blade" CD (Rage of Achilles)
Teen Cthulhu "Ride the Blade" LP (Life is Abuse)
Split 10" with Akimbo(Rock and Roleplay)
Split 7" with Hollywood Mike Miranda (Crashrawk)
Split 7" with Iron Lung "tentacled breathing" (RNRP)
Split 7" with Wormwood (picture disc) (Accident Prone)
Split cdep with Cream Abdul Barbar (Hyperrealist)

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:21 am 

GraveWish wrote:
Hello, is there any special reason why the band Teen Cthulhu is not added? They have kind off a large disco and they sound acceptable thrashcore with some black metal influences http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PthLpUuVyrM some videos, http://www.myspace.com/teencthulhuhluhtcneet unofficial MySpace

Disco:
Teen Cthulhu "Simple Elegance" CD (Rock and Roleplay)
Teen Cthulhu s/t 7" (Thin the Herd)
Teen Cthulhu "Ride the Blade" CD (Rage of Achilles)
Teen Cthulhu "Ride the Blade" LP (Life is Abuse)
Split 10" with Akimbo(Rock and Roleplay)
Split 7" with Hollywood Mike Miranda (Crashrawk)
Split 7" with Iron Lung "tentacled breathing" (RNRP)
Split 7" with Wormwood (picture disc) (Accident Prone)
Split cdep with Cream Abdul Barbar (Hyperrealist)

It was because the music, more experimental hardcore than metal.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:53 am 

I have a strange situation to discuss. How can "Merveille Magique" got accepted and "Celestia Le Ciel" got rejected? Both bands have the same members and the music sounds the same. Somtime they release album under Merveille Magique's name the other time under Celestia Le Ciel's name and sometime they release combination songs under Merveille Magique & Celestia Le Ciel (both names).

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:15 am 

GraveWish wrote:
I have a strange situation to discuss how can Merveille Magique be accepted and Celestia Le Ciel got rejected? Both bands have the same members and the music is the same. Somtimes they release album under Merveille Magique name the other time under Celestia Le Ciel name and sometimes they releases albums under Merveille Magique & Celestia Le Ciel (both names)

The songs on Celestia Le Ciel myspace did not seem to contain guitar, or it was buried beneath the other instruments.
The live clip shows, that they use guitar, so it could be a muddy production too.

If you have more guitar sounding songs by the second band, present them in your submission.

GraveWish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:28 am 

The band has 2 members 1 vocals/bass and the other is the guitarist also both bands have the same 2 members and for sure there is a guitarist I don't have other songs although the video is enough to prove that the guitarist exist

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:32 am 

GraveWish wrote:
The band has 2 members 1 vocals/bass and the other is the guitarist also both bands have the same 2 members and for sure there is a guitarist I don't have other songs although the video is enough to prove that the guitarist exist

Yes, most probably they would belong, similar problem as with some ambient ispired black metal, where the guitars buried under keyboard walls.

SpeedF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:41 pm 

Piotr_Bojka wrote:
SpeedF wrote:
is this band acceptable?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =202547015

they have recorded 3 songs, one available on a world-wide product (Warcraft 3 soundtrack)

the band members are Blizzard Entertainment employees, for example the singer is the Art Director for Blizzard

their musical style is thrash/ power/heavy metal

Warcraft 3 soundtrack is a V/A
not acceptable release...

They also appeared, in a live concert, on the bonus DVD for a World of Warcraft game. Although V/A also, this is a release with worldwide distribution. isnt that one of the most important factors in determining if a band is acceptable on the archives, asides from bands being metal?

BlackFlag
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:53 pm 

SpeedF wrote:
Although V/A also, this is a release with worldwide distribution. isnt that one of the most important factors in determining if a band is acceptable on the archives, asides from bands being metal?

Only for non-metal side projects.

5+ bands V/A releases are not allowed in MA under any circumstance.

SpeedF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:10 pm 

BlackFlag wrote:
SpeedF wrote:
Although V/A also, this is a release with worldwide distribution. isnt that one of the most important factors in determining if a band is acceptable on the archives, asides from bands being metal?

Only for non-metal side projects.

5+ bands V/A releases are not allowed in MA under any circumstance.

Alright, i understand. Perhaps they will release a cd some day.

On an unrelated note, I think Rebel Meets Rebel has worldwide distro, and they are non-metal. But they are a side project of Dimebag's. So why are they not on here? Hell, Burton C Bell's post-punk side project is on the archives, but not Dimebag's? i dont get it

shaytan_productions
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:25 pm 

Greetings,

thank you to Shienar for attempting to add us to metal-archives along with our band

the CD was delayed in release by a month (June 1 to July 1).

We have shipped all pre-orders out first thing which is why you received the CD before it made it anywhere else.

The CD should begin appearing in worldwide distros soon. Reviews should come in shortly as all promo material was mailed just yesterday.

Cheers,
Shaytan Productions

Shienar
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:42 pm 

ahh, possibly it was rejected because I forgot other countries use day/month/year rather than month/day/year so the info is incorrect in the release date section.

Durandal1717
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 pm 

I'm curious, where does a 5-way split become a V/A? There are several 5-way splits, such as Scandinavian Metal Attack or The Ultimate Revenge 2. Are these because of historical importance or the number of songs or...?

By the way, what's the word on Broken Bones's thrash period?

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:55 pm 

Durandal1717 wrote:
I'm curious, where does a 5-way split become a V/A? There are several 5-way splits, such as Scandinavian Metal Attack or The Ultimate Revenge 2. Are these because of historical importance or the number of songs or...?

MORE than 5 bands = V/A Compilation

Up to 5 bands = 5-way splits

In_hora_mortis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:28 pm 

Hello. Why was rejected Gothmorg from Peru...?
The band released a demo in may '08 (limited to 50 copies distributed through B.Wolf ([email protected]).
The proyect played black metal/ambient with electric guitar, drums, bass and keyboards.

BlackFlag
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:46 pm 

SpeedF wrote:
On an unrelated note, I think Rebel Meets Rebel has worldwide distro, and they are non-metal. But they are a side project of Dimebag's. So why are they not on here? Hell, Burton C Bell's post-punk side project is on the archives, but not Dimebag's? i dont get it

I know the project existed back in 2000, when it was originally a side project of Pantera, but the debut came out in 2006, three years after Pantera split. It's not considered a side project because at that time the main band was split up, as it was Damageplan too.

Last edited by BlackFlag on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackFlag
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:53 pm 

In_hora_mortis wrote:
Hello. Why was rejected Gothmorg from Peru...?
The band released a demo in may '08 (limited to 50 copies distributed through B.Wolf ([email protected]).
The proyect played black metal/ambient with electric guitar, drums, bass and keyboards.

http://www.myspace.com/gothmorg

It is uncertain how much of the demo is metal or ambient. In the MySpace player he has a full ambient track and a black metal one with a long ambient interlude in the middle.

If you can prove most of the demo is metal, resubmit.

SpeedF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:41 pm 

BlackFlag wrote:
SpeedF wrote:

I know the project existed back in 2000, when it was originally a side project of Pantera, but the debut came out in 2006, three years after Pantera split. It's not considered a side project because at that time the main band was split up, as it was Damageplan too.

would they be acceptable as a posthumous side-project? even though the debut came out after both of Dimebag's bands split up, the material was recorded well before that,
From wikipedia:
"music was written and recorded by the band when the musicians had time aside from their other projects, including Pantera's world tour supporting Reinventing the Steel."

Whackooyzero
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:39 am 

I have a very stupid question.
I was curious if the new BFMV release would be considered metal with the Scream Aim Fire etc.

If not I don't care I'm not really a fan or anything but I'm curious.

BlackFlag
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:01 am 

SpeedF wrote:
BlackFlag wrote:
SpeedF wrote:

would they be acceptable as a posthumous side-project? even though the debut came out after both of Dimebag's bands split up, the material was recorded well before that,
From wikipedia:
"music was written and recorded by the band when the musicians had time aside from their other projects, including Pantera's world tour supporting Reinventing the Steel."

I don't think so. Release date is what counts here.

DaddyZeus67
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:49 am 

How is that possible that this website has not offered place for the Dutch goregrind masters Last Days Of Humanity? I mean come on they're the heaviest and fastest music on earth!

Even Intestinal Disgorge is here and they're a noisegrind band! Since when have metal-archives accepted noisegrind??

Listen to these Last Days Of Humanity songs and explain me how come they aren't metal enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epHGWflNsQ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBAB7gqHIlM

:p

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:52 am 

DaddyZeus67 wrote:
How is that possible that this website has not offered place for the Dutch goregrind masters Last Days Of Humanity? I mean come on they're the heaviest and fastest music on earth!

Even Intestinal Disgorge is here and they're a noisegrind band! Since when have metal-archives accepted noisegrind??

Listen to these Last Days Of Humanity songs and explain me how come they aren't metal enough:

Grindcore, not metal. Case closed.
The band was discussed about a million times here.
The bands are judged individually, so why unrelated band was accepted does not matter at all. It could be a mistake too.
Intestinal Disgorge were accepted as a side project of metal musician back then, apparently.

DaddyZeus67
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:57 am 

Witcher wrote:
DaddyZeus67 wrote:

The bands are judged individually, so why unrelated band was accepted does not matter at all. It could be a mistake too.

Grindcore isn't metal?
This site includes hundreds of fucking grindcore bands
And even the rules say that grindcore is accepted if it's close enough to death metal

Please...you're a moderator for god sakes...you should have known that...

...but the question remains: How come those songs aren't metal??

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:02 pm 

DaddyZeus67 wrote:
Witcher wrote:
DaddyZeus67 wrote:

Grindcore isn't metal?
And even the rules say that grindcore is accepted if it's close enough to death metal

Grindcore, only if it is close to death metal. So they have to be close to death metal to be accepted. Only death/grind and related should be acceptable. Pseudo-genre tags like goregrind do not interest us at all.

How come the band is not metal ? So that little grindcore fanboys have something to wonder about.

Remember, we are not obliged to convince you about anything. You got your reply, now cut it off.
Grindcore was never metal, it has evolved from hardcore punk and only part of the scene has gained death metal influences with time.

MMisantropo
Magnificient Degluter of Yummy Ants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:14 pm 

LDOH: no discernible riffs, just a distorted mess hidden behind the worst snare drum sound since St. Anger. Not metal at all.

BFMV: nope.

DaddyZeus67
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:18 pm 

Witcher wrote:
DaddyZeus67 wrote:
Witcher wrote:
DaddyZeus67 wrote:

Grindcore isn't metal?

Grindcore, only if it is close to death metal. So they have to be close to death metal to be accepted. Only death/grind and related should be acceptable. Pseudo-genre tags like goregrind do not interest us at all.

How come the band is not metal ? So that little grindcore fanboys have something to wonder about.

Remember, we are not obliged to convince you about anything. You got your reply, now cut it off.
Grindcore was never metal, it has evolved from hardcore punk and only part of the secene has gained death metal influences with time.

No no no this topic isn't settled yet
This website includes lots of more grindcore than just deathgrind. Yes there is goregrind bands accepted on here. Want me to list some? Cliteater, Regurgitate, Lymphatic Phlegm, Haemorrhage, Ahumado Granujo, Exhumed.....

And as far as the grindcore subject goes it was evolved from CRUST PUNK not hardcore punk. There is a difference between those genres

And no offense but that "reply" I got for my LDOH topic didn't clear up anything :(

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:24 pm 

DaddyZeus67 wrote:
Witcher wrote:
DaddyZeus67 wrote:
Witcher wrote:
DaddyZeus67 wrote:

Grindcore isn't metal?

Grindcore was never metal, it has evolved from hardcore punk and only part of the secene has gained death metal influences with time.

This website includes lots of more grindcore than just deathgrind. Yes there is goregrind bands accepted on here. Want me to list some? Cliteater, Regurgitate, Lymphatic Phlegm, Haemorrhage, Ahumado Granujo, Exhumed.....

And as far as the grindcore subject goes it was evolved from CRUST PUNK not hardcore punk. There is a difference between those genres

And no offense but that "reply" I got for my LDOH topic didn't clear up anything :(

All grindcore bands that are here are close to death metal, or side projects. Those goregrind tags do not interest us at all, what matters is the band's sound.
Exhumed are an exemplary example of death metal based grindcore.

As for grindcore, I am glad that you agree that it was not metal genre.
Crust punk is a variation of hardcore punk and not the subject of debate.

As for Last Days of Humanity, read MMIsanthropo's reply. They are just noise and blastbeats, which does not constitute metal at all.

DaddyZeus67
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:31 pm 

Witcher wrote:
DaddyZeus67 wrote:
Witcher wrote:
DaddyZeus67 wrote:
Witcher wrote:
DaddyZeus67 wrote:

Grindcore isn't metal?

All grindcore bands that are here are close to death metal, or side projects. Those goregrind tags do not interest us at all, what matters is the band's sound.
Exhumed are an exemplary example of death metal based grindcore.

As for grindcore, I am glad that you agree that it was not metal genre.
Crust punk is a variation of hardcore punk and not the subject of debate.

As for Last Days of Humanity, read MMIsanthropo's reply. They are just noise and blastbeats, which does not constitute metal at all.

Ok then now this seems to be pretty clear

Grindcore has become pretty much a genre of its own according to all its variants we have (deathgrind, noisegrind, goregrind, pornogrind....)

But part of it does unarguably pass as metal. Napalm Death, anyone?

Alright I'll read MMIsanthropo's reply and see how correct it is

DaddyZeus67
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:36 pm 

MMisantropo wrote:
LDOH: no discernible riffs, just a distorted mess hidden behind the worst snare drum sound since St. Anger. Not metal at all.

BFMV: nope.

Alright I get it now :)
It's because of their "riffing" lol

And that reference to 'Tallica's St.Anger got me laugh my ass off!
Thanks!!

GmT_Curwen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:11 pm 

Hi there,
I sent like a week (or maybe more) ago the black/viking metal band Griekståg, and I would like to know why it hasn't been accepted. I didn't receive any rejection mail (checked on the spam box already). Thanks.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:40 pm 

GmT_Curwen wrote:
Hi there,
I sent like a week (or maybe more) ago the black/viking metal band Griekståg, and I would like to know why it hasn't been accepted. I didn't receive any rejection mail (checked on the spam box already). Thanks.

Nobody will remember anymore.

You have to allow the notification in your profile to receive e-mails.
The e-mails wre also not working last week.

The bands ger mostly rejected for not being metal or not haveing any discography/proof of discography.

GmT_Curwen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:50 pm 

I had already checked the option that lets me receive the mails, and the band has a discography (I didn't upload the covers of the albums because of the weight), and like I said, it's black/viking metal, no metalcore/numetal/punk stuff.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:26 pm 

GmT_Curwen wrote:
I had already checked the option that lets me receive the mails, and the band has a discography (I didn't upload the covers of the albums because of the weight), and like I said, it's black/viking metal, no metalcore/numetal/punk stuff.

You have to provide songsamples and proofs that the albums were released in physical form.
There are no hits on the band on google.

Your word is not enough, like you should know from the guidelines.

GmT_Curwen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:53 pm 

Oh, didn't know there wasn't anything on google (never checked 'cause I have the discs), I'll uload a song when I can, thanks for your time.

Whackooyzero
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:37 am 

So your saying Witcher that if the song has no guitar it is not metal? If the band doesn't use a guitarist it isn't metal? Is that the case?

I think that metal is a feeling and no one instrument creates it.

But hey it's cool.

Whackooyzero
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 am 

Also, why was Sleepytime Gorilla Museum rejected? I know they are very experimental and clever, utilizing strange instruments and crazy compositions but you can't tell me that "Helpless Corpses Enactment" and The Donkey Headed Adversary Of Humanity opens the Discussion are not at least death metal influenced.

They aren't the most metal band out there but their pretty crazy.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:49 am 

Whackooyzero wrote:
Also, why was Sleepytime Gorilla Museum rejected? I know they are very experimental and clever, utilizing strange instruments and crazy compositions but you can't tell me that "Helpless Corpses Enactment" and The Donkey Headed Adversary Of Humanity opens the Discussion are not at least death metal influenced.

They aren't the most metal band out there but their pretty crazy.

Influence does not equate to a subject being that which inspires it. Just rule of thumb, any sort of popular band like that not being on the archives is for a reason; they won't be accepted 99% of the time.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 208  Next