Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Svartalf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29 am 

BeforeGod wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
Actually, I do have a question for you, which might add something to the discussion: WHY was it that out of an well-reasoned, and well-written post, in the middle of an awesome thread, that that was the thing you decided to latch onto (aside from vehemently defending fascists against charges of racism, or racists against charges of fascism; I can't figure out which :lol:)? Hmmmm? Why do you suppose that would be?

Vehemently? Not really. I'm just not a fan of genocide; nor am I a fan of good little sonderkommandos such as yourself.

WTF that means... I mean, I know what the word means, I just have no idea how it applies to me--are you sure you know what it means?

Barnolde
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:48 pm 

www.prohibitioncosts.org

What a fucking waste of money.

Osmium
The Hateful Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:56 pm 

BeforeGod wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
I'm married to a Muslim Asian

Why?

I assume the whole personality thing is a hit. Believe it or not, but I doubt that he simply decided to use his marriage, one of the most important life decisions of his life, on pleasing the PC crowd.

~Guest 3496
Exterminator 666 Does Not Answer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:20 pm 

Svartalf wrote:
BeforeGod wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
Actually, I do have a question for you, which might add something to the discussion: WHY was it that out of an well-reasoned, and well-written post, in the middle of an awesome thread, that that was the thing you decided to latch onto (aside from vehemently defending fascists against charges of racism, or racists against charges of fascism; I can't figure out which :lol:)? Hmmmm? Why do you suppose that would be?

Vehemently? Not really. I'm just not a fan of genocide; nor am I a fan of good little sonderkommandos such as yourself.

WTF that means... I mean, I know what the word means, I just have no idea how it applies to me--are you sure you know what it means?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonderkommando

BeforeGod has a permanent hard-on for the Third Reich, so I'm sure he knows.

~Guest 19003
Boiling in the Hourglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:02 pm 

no post

Last edited by ~Guest 19003 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svartalf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:39 pm 

PhantomOTO wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
BeforeGod wrote:
Svartalf wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonderkommando

BeforeGod has a permanent hard-on for the Third Reich, so I'm sure he knows.

That much is obvious, but I don't even get the context of the "insult"--is he saying I'm a self-hating Jew or something? If so, very, very wrong on both counts--anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a self aggrandizing WASP... :lol:

~Guest 19003
Boiling in the Hourglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:10 pm 

no post

Last edited by ~Guest 19003 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeforeGod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:36 pm 

Svartalf wrote:
BeforeGod wrote:
Svartalf wrote:

Yes I know what it means, and I believe that it's a reasonably apt metaphor: they took a fairly active part in the destruction of their race for some temporary material gain, you take part in the destruction of yours for "class" reasons. Sure we're not talking about the exact same situation here, but that's poetic license for you.

If anything you're worse: at least they had guns to their heads...

EDIT: Beaten to it...

greysnow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:57 pm 

Oh man.

If you let people marry who they want to marry, happiness is served. If you don't let them marry for race reasons, only hatred is served. Fuck "racial purity". There is absolutely no imaginable reason for it except fear and loathing of something which is just a little different from what one is accustomed to.

Svartalf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:00 pm 

BeforeGod wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
BeforeGod wrote:
Svartalf wrote:

Yes I know what it means, and I believe that it's a reasonably apt metaphor: they took a fairly active part in the destruction of their race for some temporary material gain, you take part in the destruction of yours for "class" reasons. Sure we're not talking about the exact same situation here, but that's poetic license for you.

If anything you're worse: at least they had guns to their heads...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's pretty rich... full of yourself much?

Nobody elected you the "purity police," and speaking as someone who is almost certainly "whiter" than you, nobody asked you to champion "my race," either. If my time on this planet has taught me anything about "white supremacists," you are probably a sexually abused, physically ugly, socially isolated, lower-class misfit with no future and no life, who pretends to be some sort of progressive in public but hides behind the anonymity of the internet to express cowardly and misguided views that would have you ostracized by anyone you spoke them to.

Why is it that white supremacists are always the least "supreme" among us?

Has anyone seen a Rahowa's Witness who wasn't an ugly white trash loser? When you put your white hood on, you can kid yourself it's because you want the freedom to express your garbage without fear of reprisal, but no doubt it's really because you're afraid of being laughed at for being so ugly. I hope your parents, in whose house you no doubt still live, are properly ashamed of having raised such a useless waste of protoplasm.

Just FYI, I really only pretended not to understand what you meant so that you would come out and state your odious, filthy dogma for everyone to see and not hide behind archaic terminology in a foreign language to leave ambiguity for the casual observer.

If you're so concerned about the future of "my race," why not turn off the computer and do something constructive with your time, like ridding Ottawa of the Untermensch? You can start with Somali drivers who lurch out in front of me without warning and then drive 20 kph, or maybe a few Hull scumbags... :)

"Race traitor." This'll give me something to laugh about for WEEKS. I'll think of you next time I'm out impregnating negresses... ;)

Mods, I realize this may be borderline for Symposium, but he asked for it.

Kicker_of_Elves
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:53 pm 

:ugh:

Osmium
The Hateful Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:26 pm 

BeforeGod wrote:

It's an apt metaphor when you ignore the means, pretend that actions suffered by individuals on an individual level are meaningless, and place all value whatsoever solely on race while ignoring other factors entirely. Which is to say, it's a shitty metaphor since it equates the morally questionable yet rationally understandable actions of sonderkommandos with the totally personal reasons for which one initiates a romantic relationship. The former is morally contentious because it's a question of utility vs. duty: it is morally reprehensible to assist in the genocide of any group, let alone your own. As far as I'm aware, though, they mostly assisted with the disposal of corpses, and did not actually kill anyone. It is also questionable whether they were volunteers, and there were a few uprisings. Their choice, in either case, was either death, disease, and poor living conditions, or slightly better living conditions and relative safety. Their behavior was rational and it is difficult to find moral fault with that since they were between two really shitty outcomes. The true blame here, of course, lies with the Nazis who operated and authorized the camps.

Anyway, should an educated individual who is presumably high on the socioeconomic ladder be expected to refrain from interacting with other such individuals, regardless of where they come from? If those interactions become investments, such as friendship, should they be avoided? What if they morph into a romantic bond? It appears absurd to want to limit one's opportunities in this area to some obscure collectivist notion which is embraced largely by extremists anyway. BeforeGod, when considering any new information, you always seem to view it solely through a racial lens. You also complain of material gains as if that were something detestable. When you live a relatively comfortable life in the first world in the 21st century, it's easy to berate others for their "spiritual" or "racial" failings, but people in shittier situations (see: concentration camps) do not possess that liberty.

Svartalf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:34 pm 

Osmium wrote:
BeforeGod wrote:

It's an apt metaphor when you ignore the means, pretend that actions suffered by individuals on an individual level are meaningless, and place all value whatsoever solely on race while ignoring other factors entirely. Which is to say, it's a shitty metaphor since it equates the morally questionable yet rationally understandable actions of sonderkommandos with the totally personal reasons for which one initiates a romantic relationship. The former is morally contentious because it's a question of utility vs. duty: it is morally reprehensible to assist in the genocide of any group, let alone your own. As far as I'm aware, though, they mostly assisted with the disposal of corpses, and did not actually kill anyone. It is also questionable whether they were volunteers, and there were a few uprisings. Their choice, in either case, was either death, disease, and poor living conditions, or slightly better living conditions and relative safety. Their behavior was rational and it is difficult to find moral fault with that since they were between two really shitty outcomes. The true blame here, of course, lies with the Nazis who operated and authorized the camps.

Anyway, should an educated individual who is presumably high on the socioeconomic ladder be expected to refrain from interacting with other such individuals, regardless of where they come from? If those interactions become investments, such as friendship, should they be avoided? What if they morph into a romantic bond? It appears absurd to want to limit one's opportunities in this area to some obscure collectivist notion which is embraced largely by extremists anyway. BeforeGod, when considering any new information, you always seem to view it solely through a racial lens. You also complain of material gains as if that were something detestable. When you live a relatively comfortable life in the first world in the 21st century, it's easy to berate others for their "spiritual" or "racial" failings, but people in shittier situations (see: concentration camps) do not possess that liberty.

Incredibly eloquently put.

This is what I meant; but frankly, given that I was the target of this retarded slur, I articulated it a lot more belligerently. I mean, the guy likened me to a murderous traitor, a cog in the worst mass-murder machine in history, but worse, for what? Marrying a really attractive, smart Asian woman, which, given the comments I see people make all of the time on this forum, about 95% of other other posters would probably want to do as well.

I've heard a lot of hateful bullshit in my life, but that is seriously the most vile thing you can say about anyone. I hope my post doesn't derail this great topic, which kind of went Tavern-ish almost from the start. Maybe somebody could move it.

~Guest 19003
Boiling in the Hourglass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:41 pm 

no post

Last edited by ~Guest 19003 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svartalf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:23 pm 

swineeyedlamb wrote:
Osmium wrote:

By possible way of explanation, he lives in a city that is both post-racial and highly racially segregated; culture and ethnicity vie for identity more than anywhere I've ever lived. There are Chinese whose ancestors built the railroads, and who speak Canadian English indistinguishably from any white man, and Chinese who don't know a word besides their own language; they often breed freely with whites. There are Chinese fresh off the boats, who know not a word of English, and sneer at the thought of a Chinese woman and a white man (such is as it usually works out, in fact).

This all may seem like trivia, but I could easily see a white kid there (a predominantly-Chinese suburb of Vancouver) developing an identity based on the rejection of frankly bizarre Chinese values.

I know a ton of people from Vancouver; he's the first person I have ever encountered who uses Holocaust-based slurs against people he doesn't know for marrying someone of another ethnicity, who he also doesn't know (and who isn't Chinese).

I have a shit-ton of Chinese neighbors, all from the PRC, and they drive me batshit a lot of the time, too, but mainly due to their smug attitudes about political issues (like Tibet: "it paht of Chiner!!!!"), and general xenophobia/insularity/non-integration.

There really isn't a good excuse for expressing such hateful attitudes, and if he's your friend you might want to tell him so.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:44 pm 

Svartalf wrote:
I hope my post doesn't derail this great topic, which kind of went Tavern-ish almost from the start. Maybe somebody could move it.

Don't worry, no one with half a brain will blame you for your reaction at being compared to participants in a genocide for marrying the woman you love. Except only perhaps to say that you shouldn't have fallen for such an obvious troll, but then, this IS BeforeGod, and he probably wasn't trolling. :scratch: Which makes him a total waste of oxygen, really.

BeforeGod - you have been warned before to stop bringing race into topics here it was not relevant (I can't help but wonder if einvolk jinxed it on purpose). Now that's bad enough, but the behaviour shown in this thread is... I don't know if it's more retarded than insulting, but it's certainly both, at least. This is your final warning on the matter. Ignore it and you'll have to join your beloved Morny off at Stormfront or wherever it is that extremist douches go these days.

Cjk10000
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:01 am 

NonEsDignus wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
vondskapens_makt wrote:
To an extent it is racial, though I would also place some blame on the media and the amount of ghetto culture it broadcasts every day. If you're going to glorify a culture that advocates absolutely no respect, intelligence, lack of morals or ethics, and violence then what do you expect?

I do think that while the system in the US may well be stacked against Blacks in some ways, I absolutely do NOT believe that the abnormally large numbers of incarcerated Blacks by comparison to their percentage of the population has anything to do with anything other than the fact that Blacks commit a disproportionately large number of crimes.

Does it have to do with the popularity of the "thug" lifestyle? Maybe, but I sure as hell didn't impose that on them, and neither did anyone else. Black America needs to listen to well-meaning members of its community like Bill Cosby and clean its act up--glorifying stupidity, violence, ignorance, and letting your ass hang out in public because you think it looks cool, all under the motto of "keepin' it real," whatever that even means... with apologies to Dr. Phil: "How's that workin' out for ya?"

As for the "respect" issue--the "thug" lifestyle is doubly ridiculous in that it demands unearned respect from strangers. How many times have you heard some dude say you've disrespected him, because you said excuse me when he was standing in your way. Courtesy is owed, respect is earned, and until Black America figures that out, there are two things that will come of it: one, Blacks who are minding their own business and existing honestly within society will continue to be targeted for looking like the bad guys, and two: there will really be no-one to blame for it but the Blacks who choose to act in an anti-social manner, commit crimes, target other members of their race who achieve in school as "acting white," or glorify and emulate crime and violence.

I lived in NYC for five years, and there's one thing I can tell you for sure--I only ONCE heard a white person say "Nigger," and she was a clearly demented street person; on the other hand, leaving the fact that I heard Black people say it all the time entirely aside, I heard hateful, ignorant, obnoxious crap about, or directed toward, white people by Blacks all the time. That's "keepin' it real."

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Every time I have tried to express this to anybody I have been called a racist.

I really hate when people try to be politically correct in front of a group like you said... and try and backfire it on you. Similar to "You said nigger, you are a racist, you should be killed like a nazi"...etc. If they truly believe it, I don't have a problem with it, it is just the people who do it to try and look morally correct that irritate me.
People like that think white pride = racism, yet they listen to rap all day and turn a blind eye to idiots like "Akon" who I've personally witnessed him doing dry-sex techniques to a woman on stage.

~Guest 19003
Boiling in the Hourglass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:08 am 

no post

Last edited by ~Guest 19003 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deucalion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:07 pm 

Some of the laws are pretty stupid. I've seen/heard of people arrested for stupid things.

To relieve the jails, you should first abolish some of the inane laws.

Svartalf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:03 pm 

Deucalion wrote:
Some of the laws are pretty stupid. I've seen/heard of people arrested for stupid things.

To relieve the jails, you should first abolish some of the inane laws.

Ending prohibition of psychoactive substances, for example, accompanied by even harsher penalties for being a douchebag while on them: "sure you can use crystal meth, but if you then rape someone while on it, you're gone." It would at the very least clear out simple possession and distribution inmates from the system and make sure that people think twice about whether or not drugs are a good idea. Simply making them all illegal just makes people want to try them.

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:30 pm 

It just goes to show how hypocritical and counterproductive many Americans are. It's sad, really. We used to be viewed as a land of paradise. People used to come here to escape oppression. This is just another reason why I'm happy to be American, where I am myself free of poverty and deadly epidemics, but I am not particularly proud of it.

caspian wrote:
mercyfulsatyr: easily the most humble man on the board.

My reviews.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2