Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
pingu53
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:27 pm
Posts: 316
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:54 pm 
 

Well i'd like to hear peoples opionions on wether they think anythings gonna happen, something in my mind just kinda knows somethings gonna happen...

Top
 Profile  
Kruel
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 3426
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:57 pm 
 

Not a good idea for a topic. It's not even this year, or the next, but 4years later. How the hell are we supposed to guess things?
_________________
Quote:
So, Manes > Samael?
Quote:
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Top
 Profile  
Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:31 pm
Posts: 2641
Location: U.S.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:58 pm 
 

Well let's see....the Olympics will be that year; it will be the end of our next presiden't first term; February will have 29 days...
_________________
In pale light I wander on

Top
 Profile  
pingu53
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:27 pm
Posts: 316
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:59 pm 
 

Kruel wrote:
Not a good idea for a topic. It's not even this year, or the next, but 4years later. How the hell are we supposed to guess things?


http://survive2012.com/

read it

Top
 Profile  
Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:31 pm
Posts: 2641
Location: U.S.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:01 pm 
 

pingu53 wrote:
http://survive2012.com/

read it

Oh right, forgot about doomsday.
_________________
In pale light I wander on

Top
 Profile  
pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 313
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:11 pm 
 

A time traveler told me on a message board that Jacksonville and Washington DC would be bombed in 2012. Then there will be a great American civil war, which will end in an intense World War III.

He didn't mean to tell me that though, he just needed a few pieces to an IBM computer or something from the seventies.


Edit: This article basically says that the Mayans put a lot of significance on the end date of their calendars, which is December 2012. It doesn't really mean that they thought the world was going to end. The sun will be aligned with the center of the galaxy for the first time in 26,000 years, apparently.
_________________
Death before a living hell.

Top
 Profile  
mpawluk
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 59
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:23 pm 
 

Kruel wrote:
Not a good idea for a topic. It's not even this year, or the next, but 4years later. How the hell are we supposed to guess things?

Well, the Mayans guessed thousands of years back. I think he meant to list the ways it might end.
_________________
Gaahl wrote:
Seeing ugly people puts me in a terrible mood.

Top
 Profile  
Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:40 pm
Posts: 2903
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:24 pm 
 

From what I've understood, the year is just when the Mayan calender ended, and had no other significant importance.
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/atrophyhouston

Strange Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
Ibex_Ichor
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:02 pm
Posts: 424
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:24 pm 
 

Haha, my best friend has joked around with me about America being long overdo for another civil war. Not to mention the whole "end of the world" scenario getting a bad rap. It's always looked at with a negative point of view it seems.

Top
 Profile  
Kruel
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 3426
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:32 pm 
 

Ok, what's the scientific evidence for the world ending in 2012? Are we supposed to believe in an ancient Mayan prophecy?
_________________
Quote:
So, Manes > Samael?
Quote:
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Top
 Profile  
Cruciphage
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:41 am
Posts: 612
Location: Standing right behind you
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:33 pm 
 

In 2012, I will be 33 years old which is how old Jesus was when he was crucified.

My birthday is March 3 (3/3).

Mary Magdalene, The Holy Grail, supposedly fled to France to escape persecution. Here she possibly gave birth to the offspring of Jesus.

I have French ancestry.

In the autumn of 1997, before I'd even thought of any of this, I had myself convinced for 15 minutes that I was the second coming of Jesus.

What does all this mean?

Absolutely nothing.

Top
 Profile  
pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:34 pm
Posts: 313
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:33 pm 
 

Kruel wrote:
Ok, what's the scientific evidence for the world ending in 2012? Are we supposed to believe in an ancient Mayan prophecy?


Only if you want to put some more money into the wallets of crack-pot doomsday theorists by buying their book to learn how to save yourself from the end of the world.

Thorgrim_Honkronte wrote:
From what I've understood, the year is just when the Mayan calender ended, and had no other significant importance.

What I read, a few years ago or so when someone first told me about it, they did see it with some importance. It had something to do with their mythology involving the "sacred tree" or whatever that was the center of the galaxy where their gods were born. I don't really remember that well. I'd go look for more information, but so much of it is probably full of crazy doomsday sites that it wouldn't be worth it anyway.

Like that survive2012 site, for example:

Quote:
Future chapters will look into:

* Global Grids
* Evolution
* Unicorns
* Space Threats
* Carbon Dating
* Myths
* Doomsday Scenarios
* How and where to survive
_________________
Death before a living hell.

Top
 Profile  
Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:06 pm
Posts: 3766
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:37 pm 
 

Cruciphage wrote:
In 2012, I will be 33 years old which is how old Jesus was when he was crucified.

My birthday is March 3 (3/3).

Mary Magdalene, The Holy Grail, supposedly fled to France to escape persecution. Here she possibly gave birth to the offspring of Jesus.

I have French ancestry.

In the autumn of 1997, before I'd even thought of any of this, I had myself convinced for 15 minutes that I was the second coming of Jesus.

What does all this mean?

EVERYTHING!


Welcome back, messiah!

:bow:
_________________
and we are born
from the same womb
and hewn from
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Top
 Profile  
swineeyedlamb
Boiling in the Hourglass

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:49 pm
Posts: 650
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:11 pm 
 

If this isn't a lame joke, the OP is fru-fru on a level surpassing PumpkinFlyFree. And if it is a joke it's exactly the sort of thing that's not meant for this new subforum.

Could it be possible for locked topics to be invisible here? Not deleted, but removed from the clutter. That of course is going on the pessimistic assumption that this will soon be filled with unworthy threads.

Top
 Profile  
Kruel
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 3426
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:13 pm 
 

Nahsil wrote:
Cruciphage wrote:
In 2012, I will be 33 years old which is how old Jesus was when he was crucified.

My birthday is March 3 (3/3).

Mary Magdalene, The Holy Grail, supposedly fled to France to escape persecution. Here she possibly gave birth to the offspring of Jesus.

I have French ancestry.

In the autumn of 1997, before I'd even thought of any of this, I had myself convinced for 15 minutes that I was the second coming of Jesus.

What does all this mean?

EVERYTHING!


Welcome back, messiah!

:bow:

:lol: Does that mean I actually get the opportunity to crucify Jesus Christ in the name of our almighty Lord Satan?


Well, back on the subject, so this has no scientific evidence, right? Now, I don't think this thread even belongs on the Symposium.
_________________
Quote:
So, Manes > Samael?
Quote:
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Top
 Profile  
Cjk10000
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:20 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:14 pm 
 

Has anyone thought they were probably going to do the months after it, but ended up dying instead and just happened to stop there?
I mean, they could have written it to 3000 AD, and then got wiped out or something... and people would pinpoint that as the doomsday.
_________________
Lacking signature is lacking.

Top
 Profile  
Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:40 pm
Posts: 2903
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:14 pm 
 

swineeyedlamb wrote:
If this isn't a lame joke, the OP is fru-fru on a level surpassing PumpkinFlyFree. And if it is a joke it's exactly the sort of thing that's not meant for this new subforum.

Could it be possible for locked topics to be invisible here? Not deleted, but removed from the clutter. That of course is going on the pessimistic assumption that this will soon be filled with unworthy threads.



I think some legitimate discussion of the prophecies of apocalypse from the Mayans can be held, but the manner in which this topic was presented is very crass, given the section it's posted in.
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/atrophyhouston

Strange Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
Kurtemba
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:08 pm
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:44 pm 
 

I believe that the Mayans just decided to stop doing the calender at that exact date. I have a book of Calenders and it stops at 2048. Does it means that the world ends at 2048?? I don't think so.

Well, that's just my opinion. I'm open to other opinions.

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:48 pm 
 

If these heart-eating savages were so smart, how come they got their shit wrecked by the Spaniards?
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
Pathological_Frolic
Butterfly Sister Rosemary

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:57 pm
Posts: 406
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:50 pm 
 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
If these heart-eating savages were so smart, how come they got their shit wrecked by the Spaniards?

Swords, cannons, guns, disease (Biggest killer there)...Typical stuff of genocide.
_________________
Agonizer wrote:
My views may be extreme, and you may not agree with them. That's your perogative. At least I'm a cum dumpster.

Top
 Profile  
Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:06 pm
Posts: 3766
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:50 pm 
 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
If these heart-eating savages were so smart, how come they got their shit wrecked by the Spaniards?


Because they trusted the Spaniards. The stuff Path mentions is the how, that's the why.

And they were smart.
_________________
and we are born
from the same womb
and hewn from
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:52 pm 
 

I have no doubt that they were fairly smart in some areas, but I don't think we should trust them on the whole doomsday issue. They weren't the most scientific of tribes.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:06 pm
Posts: 3766
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:53 pm 
 

No, I don't think anyone is suggesting that...
_________________
and we are born
from the same womb
and hewn from
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Top
 Profile  
Pathological_Frolic
Butterfly Sister Rosemary

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:57 pm
Posts: 406
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:55 pm 
 

The fact that they were devastated by a culture that had superior weapons of warfare does nothing to discredit their suggestion, but rather the fact that this supposition was most likely the result of superstition.
_________________
Agonizer wrote:
My views may be extreme, and you may not agree with them. That's your perogative. At least I'm a cum dumpster.

Top
 Profile  
Kruel
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 3426
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:02 am 
 

The Spanish were smarter than Mayans in some areas, and Mayans in others, though probably not in calculating the year of Doomsday.
_________________
Quote:
So, Manes > Samael?
Quote:
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Top
 Profile  
Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 2563
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:30 am 
 

Kruel wrote:
Not a good idea for a topic. It's not even this year, or the next, but 4years later. How the hell are we supposed to guess things?



Not a good idea for a topic?? This has been my most common subject matter over the years!


The Mayans predicted it, the Bible Code predicts it, the internet bot predicts it--and by "it," I mean the end-times that are to occur December 21, 2012.


By which, I mean, I've often touted myself as the savior of humanity in the aftermath in which will be a new ruling goverment system sorta like a Democracy, but better, which I shall dub a "Meganocracy" (the details of which I have not fully determined). Eugenics will be of primary concern as will be a "sterilization" of "past problems" with nuclear weapons used to "clense" various parts of the earth.

Yeah, I know, it's been a while, but some of the older members (Throgrim, Alexanderthegreat, etc) may recall my ramblings.


I personally "don't believe" in the end-times predictions, but find the coincidences in the predictions to be extremely interesting, and I remain hopeful. Yes, you read right, "hopeful" that the world will be destroyed and allowed to start anew.
_________________
Check out Opinionhated from Amazon-Kindle

Top
 Profile  
RegularK
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 740
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:32 am 
 

In the year 2385, at 3:15 PM on a fourth Saturday of the year, Jesus him self will come down and party with us.

Why should I believe the world will end in 2012? Cause some ancient civilization said so?

Top
 Profile  
Kurtemba
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:08 pm
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:33 am 
 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
I personally "don't believe" in the end-times predictions, but find the coincidences in the predictions to be extremely interesting, and I remain hopeful. Yes, you read right, "hopeful" that the world will be destroyed and allowed to start anew.


There is a red Indian prophecy about 2012 too but the prophecy says the world won't be renewed this time.

I don't believe it but it sounds interesting though.

Top
 Profile  
Kruel
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 3426
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:38 am 
 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Kruel wrote:
Not a good idea for a topic. It's not even this year, or the next, but 4years later. How the hell are we supposed to guess things?



Not a good idea for a topic?? This has been my most common subject matter over the years!


The Mayans predicted it, the Bible Code predicts it, the internet bot predicts it--and by "it," I mean the end-times that are to occur December 21, 2012.


By which, I mean, I've often touted myself as the savior of humanity in the aftermath in which will be a new ruling goverment system sorta like a Democracy, but better, which I shall dub a "Meganocracy" (the details of which I have not fully determined). Eugenics will be of primary concern as will be a "sterilization" of "past problems" with nuclear weapons used to "clense" various parts of the earth.

Yeah, I know, it's been a while, but some of the older members (Throgrim, Alexanderthegreat, etc) may recall my ramblings.


I personally "don't believe" in the end-times predictions, but find the coincidences in the predictions to be extremely interesting, and I remain hopeful. Yes, you read right, "hopeful" that the world will be destroyed and allowed to start anew.


If we are to discuss about "why did all these people predict it that way?" it might be a worthy discussion, but since there is no evidence about the hypothesis, it's a waste of time to discuss whether or not Doomsday is really going to be that day. Wait, the matter of the existence of God is very similar; no evidence, and we still discuss those things... probably because religion has been so successful in propagating its argument that we can't just dismiss the idea of God as "utter dumbfuckery" as we do to this Doomsday whatever thing.
_________________
Quote:
So, Manes > Samael?
Quote:
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Top
 Profile  
Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 2563
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:41 am 
 

Kruel wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:
Kruel wrote:
Not a good idea for a topic. It's not even this year, or the next, but 4years later. How the hell are we supposed to guess things?



Not a good idea for a topic?? This has been my most common subject matter over the years!


The Mayans predicted it, the Bible Code predicts it, the internet bot predicts it--and by "it," I mean the end-times that are to occur December 21, 2012.


By which, I mean, I've often touted myself as the savior of humanity in the aftermath in which will be a new ruling goverment system sorta like a Democracy, but better, which I shall dub a "Meganocracy" (the details of which I have not fully determined). Eugenics will be of primary concern as will be a "sterilization" of "past problems" with nuclear weapons used to "clense" various parts of the earth.

Yeah, I know, it's been a while, but some of the older members (Throgrim, Alexanderthegreat, etc) may recall my ramblings.


I personally "don't believe" in the end-times predictions, but find the coincidences in the predictions to be extremely interesting, and I remain hopeful. Yes, you read right, "hopeful" that the world will be destroyed and allowed to start anew.


If we are to discuss about "why did all these people predict it that way?" it might be a worthy discussion, but since there is no evidence about the hypothesis, it's a waste of time to discuss whether or not Doomsday is really going to be that day. Wait, the matter of the existence of God is very similar; no evidence, and we still discuss those things... probably because religion has been so successful in propagating its argument that we can't just dismiss the idea of God as "utter dumbfuckery" as we do to this Doomsday whatever thing.


There's a major difference between doomsday and God. One way or another, doomsday will eventually exist.
_________________
Check out Opinionhated from Amazon-Kindle

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 10757
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:41 am 
 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
The Mayans predicted it, the Bible Code predicts it, the internet bot predicts it--and by "it," I mean the end-times that are to occur December 21, 2012.


Why this exact date? So on December 20, 2012, everything will be normal as it is, then the next day, everything will be destroyed? I highly doubt that. If the world is going to be destroyed on that exact date, then it must be a process of several things leading up to that date.

Besides, someone said that the world won't be renewed this time. What happened the last times?
_________________
On cocaine, ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I never did it and you did. I'm automatically better and a better judge of intelligence.
My collection

Top
 Profile  
Kruel
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 3426
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:45 am 
 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Kruel wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:
Kruel wrote:
Not a good idea for a topic. It's not even this year, or the next, but 4years later. How the hell are we supposed to guess things?



Not a good idea for a topic?? This has been my most common subject matter over the years!


The Mayans predicted it, the Bible Code predicts it, the internet bot predicts it--and by "it," I mean the end-times that are to occur December 21, 2012.


By which, I mean, I've often touted myself as the savior of humanity in the aftermath in which will be a new ruling goverment system sorta like a Democracy, but better, which I shall dub a "Meganocracy" (the details of which I have not fully determined). Eugenics will be of primary concern as will be a "sterilization" of "past problems" with nuclear weapons used to "clense" various parts of the earth.

Yeah, I know, it's been a while, but some of the older members (Throgrim, Alexanderthegreat, etc) may recall my ramblings.


I personally "don't believe" in the end-times predictions, but find the coincidences in the predictions to be extremely interesting, and I remain hopeful. Yes, you read right, "hopeful" that the world will be destroyed and allowed to start anew.


If we are to discuss about "why did all these people predict it that way?" it might be a worthy discussion, but since there is no evidence about the hypothesis, it's a waste of time to discuss whether or not Doomsday is really going to be that day. Wait, the matter of the existence of God is very similar; no evidence, and we still discuss those things... probably because religion has been so successful in propagating its argument that we can't just dismiss the idea of God as "utter dumbfuckery" as we do to this Doomsday whatever thing.


There's a major difference between doomsday and God. One way or another, doomsday will eventually exist.

Depends on what you mean by Doomsday. Yes, Earth will explode within a several billion years, but we don't know exactly about the Universe. I've heard of a theory that says it will stop expanding and start to shrink back to a tiny spot, though(it's the only one I've heard about the ending of the Universe, and I can't recall any evidence supporting it).
_________________
Quote:
So, Manes > Samael?
Quote:
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Top
 Profile  
Kurtemba
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:08 pm
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:45 am 
 

MikeyC wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:
The Mayans predicted it, the Bible Code predicts it, the internet bot predicts it--and by "it," I mean the end-times that are to occur December 21, 2012.


Why this exact date? So on December 20, 2012, everything will be normal as it is, then the next day, everything will be destroyed? I highly doubt that. If the world is going to be destroyed on that exact date, then it must be a process of several things leading up to that date.

Besides, someone said that the world won't be renewed this time. What happened the last times?


It's a red Indian prophecy. The world has been renewed 9 times and this one will be the last. I remember watching that on the History Channel.

Top
 Profile  
Kruel
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 3426
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:46 am 
 

MikeyC wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:
The Mayans predicted it, the Bible Code predicts it, the internet bot predicts it--and by "it," I mean the end-times that are to occur December 21, 2012.


Why this exact date? So on December 20, 2012, everything will be normal as it is, then the next day, everything will be destroyed? I highly doubt that. If the world is going to be destroyed on that exact date, then it must be a process of several things leading up to that date.

Besides, someone said that the world won't be renewed this time. What happened the last times?

You're taking it way more seriously than it deserves.
_________________
Quote:
So, Manes > Samael?
Quote:
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Top
 Profile  
Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:40 pm
Posts: 2903
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:47 am 
 

Ideally the discussion of this thread should remain specifically on the topic of the Mayan (and I suppose "the Bible code" too) prediction of end of the world.
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/atrophyhouston

Strange Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
Kruel
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 3426
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:50 am 
 

Thorgrim_Honkronte wrote:
Ideally the discussion of this thread should remain specifically on the topic of the Mayan (and I suppose "the Bible code" too) prediction of end of the world.

I disagree. Ideally, we may turn this into something more worthwhile than a discussion about predictions without any evidence that bears no more meaning than my prediction that Deicide's next album is going to suck.
_________________
Quote:
So, Manes > Samael?
Quote:
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Top
 Profile  
Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:33 pm
Posts: 2563
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:50 am 
 

Kurtemba wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:
The Mayans predicted it, the Bible Code predicts it, the internet bot predicts it--and by "it," I mean the end-times that are to occur December 21, 2012.


Why this exact date? So on December 20, 2012, everything will be normal as it is, then the next day, everything will be destroyed? I highly doubt that. If the world is going to be destroyed on that exact date, then it must be a process of several things leading up to that date.

Besides, someone said that the world won't be renewed this time. What happened the last times?


It's a red Indian prophecy. The world has been renewed 9 times and this one will be the last. I remember watching that on the History Channel.


Are you sure that when you say "red indians" that you don't mean "Mayans?" Because that sounds an awful lot like the ancient Mayans.
_________________
Check out Opinionhated from Amazon-Kindle

Top
 Profile  
Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:40 pm
Posts: 2903
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:51 am 
 

Kruel wrote:
Thorgrim_Honkronte wrote:
Ideally the discussion of this thread should remain specifically on the topic of the Mayan (and I suppose "the Bible code" too) prediction of end of the world.

I disagree. Ideally, we may turn this into something more worthwhile than a discussion about predictions without any evidence that bears no more meaning than my prediction that Deicide's next album is going to suck.


Nevermind that it is stated in the code of conduct to stay on topic... :P
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/atrophyhouston

Strange Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
Kruel
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 pm
Posts: 3426
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:53 am 
 

Thorgrim_Honkronte wrote:
Kruel wrote:
Thorgrim_Honkronte wrote:
Ideally the discussion of this thread should remain specifically on the topic of the Mayan (and I suppose "the Bible code" too) prediction of end of the world.

I disagree. Ideally, we may turn this into something more worthwhile than a discussion about predictions without any evidence that bears no more meaning than my prediction that Deicide's next album is going to suck.


Nevermind that it is stated in the code of conduct to stay on topic... :P

Well, yeah, actually the ideal situation would be the thread getting locked.
_________________
Quote:
So, Manes > Samael?
Quote:
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 10757
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:59 am 
 

Kurtemba wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
Why this exact date? So on December 20, 2012, everything will be normal as it is, then the next day, everything will be destroyed? I highly doubt that. If the world is going to be destroyed on that exact date, then it must be a process of several things leading up to that date.

Besides, someone said that the world won't be renewed this time. What happened the last times?


It's a red Indian prophecy. The world has been renewed 9 times and this one will be the last. I remember watching that on the History Channel.


Hmm, okay. What happened the last 9 times it was renewed? :)

Kruel wrote:
You're taking it way more seriously than it deserves.


Probably. :lol:
_________________
On cocaine, ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I never did it and you did. I'm automatically better and a better judge of intelligence.
My collection

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cthulhu_Fhtagn, SwampSlimer and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group