Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:07 pm 

This is something that will never be clear to me. You MA mods allow ridiculous drone and ambient side projects but you dont allow important bands like BLUE CHEER, but oh! you DO have bands like pentagram and black sabbath, but you dont have blue cheer??? HAHA This makes no sense! I thought this was a Metal Archives website. Can anyone with the right mind out there do something about this outrageous incompetence !

metalhead3876
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:11 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... blue+cheer

Muloc7253
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:16 pm 

I'd guess it's cos they have some metal moments, but not enough to outweigh all their hard rock. Granted, I still think they were the first band to have bits of heavy metal in their songs.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:18 pm 

Replying with a link of a locked topic, very useful!!!!! This proves a good point, the friendly MA mods dont give a crap about Blue Cheer. Thanks to blue cheer we have metal, enough said. (and blue cheer is heavier than usa's doom pentagram, blue cheer is doom metal, believe it or not)

Muloc7253
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:20 pm 

Aoc wrote:
Replying with a link of a locked topic, very useful!!!!! This proves a good point, the friendly MA mods dont give a crap about Blue Cheer. Thanks to blue cheer we have metal, enough said. (and blue cheer is heavier than usa's doom pentagram, blue cheer is doom metal, believe it or not)

They have legit reasons, it's not cos they "don't give a crap". They've been discussed to death in the past.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:22 pm 

too much talk and no action, typical. I can submit the band today but I just dont want to waste my time if it gets refused. LEGIT REASONS?

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:23 pm 

While the case may have been disputed to death this particular statement makes me go LOL:

Quote:
blue cheer is heavier than usa's doom pentagram

Have you ever heard a Pentagram album? The only Blue Cheer release that can hope to compare is "Vincebus Ereptum" and that by a long shot.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:25 pm 

I own all pentagram albums and singles. Blue Cheer is heavier. Make sure you dont go LOL too much and spend more time listening to Blue Cheer. Pentagram are a Blue Cheer ripoff, starting with the vocals hehe. Pay more attention

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:30 pm 

Aoc wrote:
I own all pentagram albums and singles. Blue Cheer is heavier. Make sure you dont go LOL too much and spend more time listening to Blue Cheer. Pentagram are a Blue Cheer ripoff, starting with the vocals hehe. Pay more attention

I rest my case. I will not argue with you for the sake of argument. I listened to most Blue Cheer albums - does not even come close to the type of riffing Pentagram uses.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:32 pm 

then you should listen again, it is never too late to realize you have no clue what youre saying. Give it another chance. Start with early Blue Cheer

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:34 pm 

Aoc wrote:
then you should listen again, it is never too late to realize you have no clue what youre saying. Give it another chance. Start with early Blue Cheer

Listened to all of their recorded output. Sure - the similiarities are there but Pentagram went really in diffrent way on their albums. More doom metal riffing etc. But as I said - I do not want to argue this - believe what you believe and let me believe what I believe.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:36 pm 

do me a favor and compare the blue cheer track BABYLON from the live in japan album with the pentagram track LAZY LADY. Now tell me, no similarities? and this is a live blue cheer track, honestly tell me, which sounds heavier? but be honest!! ;)

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:39 pm 

Aoc wrote:
do me a favor and compare the blue cheer track BABYLON from the live in japan album with the pentagram track LAZY LADY. Now tell me, no similarities? and this is a live blue cheer track, honestly tell me, which sounds heavier? but be honest!! ;)

I said I do not want to dispute this case and I will not. Let me be.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:45 pm 

HA! Fine, close your eyes then. That is the "not give a crap" attitude I mean

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:49 pm 

Aoc wrote:
HA! Fine, close your eyes then. That is the "not give a crap" attitude I mean

This the last time I am posting this. I believe that Pentagram were doom metal while Blue Cheer were not. You can have a diffrent set of beliefs but don't impose your on mine please. I am not in the mood to dispute this so leave me be.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:55 pm 

Fair enough

Holocauster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:06 pm 

I like Blue Cheer and even agree that they belong on this website but man, your a total douche.

NeglectedField
Onwards to Camulodunum!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:08 pm 

Aoc wrote:
This is something that will never be clear to me. You MA mods allow ridiculous drone and ambient side projects but you dont allow important bands like BLUE CHEER, but oh! you DO have bands like pentagram and black sabbath, but you dont have blue cheer??? HAHA This makes no sense! I thought this was a Metal Archives website. Can anyone with the right mind out there do something about this outrageous incompetence !

You might want to be more polite than this. Anyway, it's disputed as to whether Blue Cheer are the fathers of metal, though it is agreed they were influential.

The world won't cave in on itself if Blue Cheer doesn't get submitted, don't worry.

ManillaRoad
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:09 pm 

Uriah Heep was more important to metal than Blue Cheer.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:09 pm 

Aoc wrote:
it is never too late to realize you have no clue what youre saying.

Maybe you should take some of your own advice.

Seriously though do you really think a one man army from a rather insignificant member such as yourself is going to convince the mods by just claiming they are metal and throwing insults at the mods without any solid reasoning is actually going to do the trick? Your just making an ass of yourself and by throwing insults at them will just make you sound like a prick and it will be difficult for people to take you seriously.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

Last edited by Visionary on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm 

eeh yea, sorry about the stupid attitude but its just unvearable! The biggest internet heavy music database in the world does not have blue cheer on it, its just diturbing

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:11 pm 

Visionary wrote:
Aoc wrote:

Seriously though do you really think a one man army from a rather insignificant member such as yourself is going to convince the mods by just claiming they are metal and throwing insults at the mods without any solid reasoning is actually going to do the trick?

Insult? I called them FRIENDLY! HAHAH

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:12 pm 

Aoc wrote:
Visionary wrote:
Aoc wrote:

Seriously though do you really think a one man army from a rather insignificant member such as yourself is going to convince the mods by just claiming they are metal and throwing insults at the mods without any solid reasoning is actually going to do the trick?

Quote:
Can anyone with the right mind out there do something about this outrageous incompetence

I think calling them incompetent classes as an insult.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:12 pm 

ManillaRoad wrote:
Uriah Heep was more important to metal than Blue Cheer.
uriah heep, yea lets not forget them. Hey , at least manilla road is on here! Uriah heep is also missing on the MA. I think it is time to start adding these important bands to MA, dont you think?

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:14 pm 

Visionary wrote:
Aoc wrote:
Visionary wrote:
Aoc wrote:

Quote:
Can anyone with the right mind out there do something about this outrageous incompetence

I said INCOMPETENCE. I didnt directly insult them as incompetent. :) They are just oh so friendly

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:15 pm 

Aoc wrote:
Replying with a link of a locked topic, very useful!!!!!

Why is it not useful to reply with a locked topic? If you care to read it you'll see just the kind of reasoning, just the 'why' that you're after.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:16 pm 

Corimngul wrote:
Aoc wrote:
Replying with a link of a locked topic, very useful!!!!!

Why is it not useful to reply with a locked topic? If you care to read it you'll see just the kind of reasoning, just the 'why' that you're after.

I just think its more useful to reply and talk about a topic instead of just look at the stuff other people talked about and not be able to comment on it, thats all. Thanks for the link anyway.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:19 pm 

Except we don't need to go over this crap again, as things like this have been discussed many times in the past. Just use the search function or read the goddamned rules.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:22 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Except we don't need to go over this crap again, as things like this have been discussed many times in the past. Just use the search function or read the goddamned rules.

I feel we do. Sorry if i bothered you and yea, I shoul dhave done a search first. This topic will be soon locked anyway, thats how things work around here.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:22 pm 

I'll chime in and just say this:

Regardless of your beliefs and opinions about music you are a user of this site. As such you have to obey the rules and guidelines that are in effect on MA. This exclude Blue Cheer from the site. Case closed.

Also think of the reprecussions of this one - if you add Blue Cheer you have to add MC5 too and a ton of other even more borderline bands.

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:24 pm 

Zdan wrote:
I'll chime in and just say this:

Regardless of your beliefs and opinions about music you are a user of this site. As such you have to obey the rules and guidelines that are in effect on MA. This exclude Blue Cheer from the site. Case closed.

Also think of the reprecussions of this one - if you add Blue Cheer you have to add MC5 too and a ton of other even more borderline bands.

You are right. Can't escape the rules, not even here. Sad

Happy friendly mods, you can lock this topic now!

Last edited by Aoc on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:24 pm 

Aoc wrote:
Visionary wrote:
Aoc wrote:
Visionary wrote:
Aoc wrote:

Quote:

I said INCOMPETENCE. I didnt directly insult them as incompetent. :) They are just oh so friendly

And I suppose you could be correct in that you didn't call them incompetent directly but rather performed an incompetence but still the tone could be taken as insulting.

Could you point to where in this thread you have called them friendly prior to the second quote of yours here?

To me it seems like you are only now calling them friendly as you are seeking their pity as you don't want to get punished or on the shit list (if one exists).

Last edited by Visionary on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:26 pm 

Aoc wrote:
...the friendly MA mods dont give a crap about Blue Cheer...

Kruel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:26 pm 

Why don't you give a more substansive argument with evidences than just whine about the rules and the apparent fact that the thread will be locked?
yeah, it's ironic, they are so pretentious, yet one can say that at least they don't pretend. They don't release some techno-rap-whatever album and say "on this record we tried to sound like in our old days"

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:29 pm 

Aoc wrote:
Aoc wrote:
...the friendly MA mods dont give a crap about Blue Cheer...

Ahh I missed the friendly part but it is there and I do apologize.

Amerigo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:52 pm 

Aoc wrote:

I think you stopped listening to Pentagram before they released Relentless, because nothing they've made mid 80s and later (aside from First Daze and First Daze Too but those really don't count) sound remotely close to Blue Cheer.

--"Empty Words" Symbolic, Death

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:55 pm 

lazy lady was maybe on e of the first songs written by pentagram, obviously heavily influenced by blue cheer.

Blood_Cobra
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm 

Why hasn't any one said that this is in the wrong forum?

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewforum.php?f=3

Annihilate Folk, Pagan, and Viking Metal! Join the MA Anti-Folk Metal Front!
Member #6 of the AFMF: You are with us or against us!!!! ,,|,

Amerigo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:59 pm 

Aoc wrote:
lazy lady was maybe on e of the first songs written by pentagram, obviously heavily influenced by blue cheer.

That's not what I said. 70s Pentagram was hugely influenced by Blue Cheer. Hell they continue to list Blue Cheer as one of their biggest influences in their thank you liner notes. But by the 80s they changed their sound a LOT. Listen to Review Your Choices and tell me it sounds anything like Blue Cheer. Hell even Relentless was way different.

--"Empty Words" Symbolic, Death

Aoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:00 pm 

O i get you. Yea but what exactly is your point?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2  Next