Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
darkImage
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:46 pm 

Hi, I have a little bit problem. I tried to make a addition of a band. It was refused by the reason it has no physical record. It is two people project made in personal studio. It will not have physical cd's for the money. It has only digital copies and it is free to download and copy this music. What shall I do for addition to this project? It has real full lenght album made, it has booklet and complete cover, for downloading and printing. How it can be added?

Thanks

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:53 pm 

The rule is quite clear, there has to be a physical release. Sold or given away doesn't matter, nor does the "quality" of the physical release - i.e a CD-R marked with pen is ok. A band where the listener downloads the demo and burns the disc themselves is however not. So it cannot be added until they make a proper physical release.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Noktorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:04 pm 

Lakupaavi will need to be deleted then.

Member #1 of Zarach 'Baal' Tharagh Crew - Fuck off the musical black metal!

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:10 pm 

I've never heard of them before, and I know no details. Seeing how it was added in 2005, a side project of an important band and lastly edited by christkiller perhaps this would go under the "These bands are selected by the moderators in an admittedly arbitrary fashion" clause. The rule was mainly designed to keep out the myspace bands of course, but if it was entirely up to me this band would be removed too (if no one can prove the existence of physical copies, that is).
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:14 pm 

darkImage wrote:
Hi, I have a little bit problem. I tried to make a addition of a band. It was refused by the reason it has no physical record. It is two people project made in personal studio. It will not have physical cd's for the money. It has only digital copies and it is free to download and copy this music. What shall I do for addition to this project? It has real full length album made, it has booklet and complete cover, for downloading and printing. How it can be added?

Thanks

Corimngul is absolutely right, that is the reaon why it was rejected, the only thing you could do is to make a small edition of physical copies.

In Czech: Sice se to dostane k mnoha lidem, pro sběratele je ale něco takového úplně bezcenné, pro metalovou encyklopedii také, myslím to pseudo-demo, ne hudbu. To chcete posílat do časopisů jako Spark a do fanzinů odkaz na stáhnutí dema. No tedy...

Budete muset vydat alespoň určitý počet kopií na Cd-R, abyste byli případně zaregistrováni.

darkImage
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:12 pm 

To Corimngul: thanks a lot, I understand and accept these reasons:-) this is really true and right way. So the solution is that the order ability has been added to the website, so anybody can order a physical copy (without printing booklet). Price is very low and the shipping cost is added to it. And a few physical copies were given to friends and family. Thanks a lot. And the last question, have I make addition again? Thanks

To Witcher: to je mi jasny, kdyz by se to nekam posilalo tak se kopie udela :-), proste se to smahne, ale kdyz se o nicem takovym jeste neuvazuje tak holt nebyla kopie. Ted uz jsou ;) diky

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:56 am 

Yes, you'll have to submit it again. I don't think there should be any further problems now.

Noktorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:01 am 

Corimngul wrote:
I've never heard of them before, and I know no details. Seeing how it was added in 2005, a side project of an important band and lastly edited by christkiller perhaps this would go under the "These bands are selected by the moderators in an admittedly arbitrary fashion" clause. The rule was mainly designed to keep out the myspace bands of course, but if it was entirely up to me this band would be removed too (if no one can prove the existence of physical copies, that is).

There are no physical copies that I know of. It was released for free on the internet with printable tray card/liner notes, and I remember seeing them talk on their forum about how it would make money if they would release it officially.

Member #1 of Zarach 'Baal' Tharagh Crew - Fuck off the musical black metal!

darkImage
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:47 pm 

To Corimngul: thanks a lot, I will add again, thanks and cheers!

Reply to topic