Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:49 pm
Posts: 2155
Location: The Known Universe
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:14 pm 
 

EDIT by Azmodes: As the title says, post your review requests here. Whether it's bands looking to get their new album reviewed or unaffiliated users just looking for someone else's detailed thoughts on a release. All are welcome to inquire.

name them i feel like reviewing something completely alien, maybe some speed metal, besides painkiller and walls of jericho
_________________
Count_Venereal wrote:
It's silly to not like High on Fire.


Last edited by Azmodes on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Added a small text to beef up the OP a bit.

Top
 Profile  
penis
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:14 pm
Posts: 426
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:23 pm 
 

Carrion
Terror Squad
At War


go

Top
 Profile  
OSheaman
No one cares about your title

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:40 pm
Posts: 5565
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:53 pm 
 

Any folk metal albums

Top
 Profile  
TheClansman
IM AN INTARWEB TUFF GUY

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:04 am
Posts: 6292
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:40 pm 
 

'Breath Of Eternity ' - Highlord


and go!

Top
 Profile  
Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:43 pm
Posts: 5699
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:09 pm 
 

Ulysses Siren – Above the Ashes. More people need to listen to that, damnit.
_________________
LordSlash wrote:
COME TO IRC AND SAY IT TO MY FACE

Top
 Profile  
OSheaman
No one cares about your title

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:40 pm
Posts: 5565
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:15 am 
 

Did they record it in the bathroom stalls? :-P

Top
 Profile  
Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:43 pm
Posts: 5699
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:42 am 
 

:lol: Nah, they stole the key to the teacher's lounge, recorded the album, and then ate all the complimentary bagels* and ran.

*I'm not just Jewing you, the teachers at my school get complimentary bagels. A clear sign of the Zionist Education Conspiracy at work.

Oh yeah, the topic. Uh, review Imagika's And So It Burns, or either of their other two albums with no reviews. Fun shit.
_________________
LordSlash wrote:
COME TO IRC AND SAY IT TO MY FACE

Top
 Profile  
Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:15 pm
Posts: 10268
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:05 pm 
 

speedemon86 wrote:
name them i feel like reviewing something completely alien, maybe some speed metal, besides painkiller and walls of jericho


Agent Steel!!!!!

Or maybe Manilla Road's "The Deluge".

Top
 Profile  
CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:49 pm
Posts: 2155
Location: The Known Universe
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:41 pm 
 

Abominatrix wrote:
speedemon86 wrote:
name them i feel like reviewing something completely alien, maybe some speed metal, besides painkiller and walls of jericho


Agent Steel!!!!!

Or maybe Manilla Road's "The Deluge".
agent steel are of course great, though i think the last two albums beat the old material by a fair margin. i've heard manilla road, and i think i didn't like the vocals. hmm i'll check again. i've been able to find downloads of everything except for ulysses siren. anyone care to hook me up? everything else has been BAD AS FUCK, ESPECIALLY the highlord, that's definitely going to get a high score.
_________________
Count_Venereal wrote:
It's silly to not like High on Fire.

Top
 Profile  
Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:43 pm
Posts: 5699
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:47 pm 
 

This page has five of the seven songs on RealAudio. The page www.ulyssessiren.com seems to work about half the time, and when it does, you can download the sixth full song; the seventh is a two-minute instrumental which you can probably pass over.

Of course, you could just order the album here if you like some of the RA files.
_________________
LordSlash wrote:
COME TO IRC AND SAY IT TO MY FACE

Top
 Profile  
ChristHammer
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:17 am
Posts: 19
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:56 am 
 

your sig ownes




This song... IS about fish, sh sh

It ain't about no gold fish!!


It ain't about no starkist tuna fish!!

and it ain't, about no trout...

This ones called..



PIRAHNNAAANANANANAA GOGOGOGO!!

Top
 Profile  
Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:43 pm
Posts: 5699
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:29 pm 
 

:lol: Word, dude. That album has the best stage rants ever. I think the one in my sig is pretty much the ultimate summation of Paul Baloff's life...god bless 'im.
_________________
LordSlash wrote:
COME TO IRC AND SAY IT TO MY FACE

Top
 Profile  
Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:15 pm
Posts: 10268
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:39 pm 
 

speedemon86 wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:
speedemon86 wrote:
name them i feel like reviewing something completely alien, maybe some speed metal, besides painkiller and walls of jericho


Agent Steel!!!!!

Or maybe Manilla Road's "The Deluge".
agent steel are of course great, though i think the last two albums beat the old material by a fair margin. i've heard manilla road, and i think i didn't like the vocals. hmm i'll check again. i've been able to find downloads of everything except for ulysses siren. anyone care to hook me up? everything else has been BAD AS FUCK, ESPECIALLY the highlord, that's definitely going to get a high score.


Yeah, "Order of the ILluminati" is brilliant..havne't heard the previous one yet though. Must check it out.

Mark Shelton's vocals are definitely a little odd..but I love them..he's got one of mhe most distinctive and coolest voices in heavy metal, Imo..not much range, maybe, but at least he never strains, and he can sound menacing as hell when he wants to.

Top
 Profile  
TheClansman
IM AN INTARWEB TUFF GUY

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:04 am
Posts: 6292
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:36 am 
 

:grr: i want to see my review for the new Exodus accepted already.

WHATS TAKING SO LONG?!
_________________
NP: METALLIKA - ONION

Top
 Profile  
GrimAndFrostbitten
Thermonuclear Warrior

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:20 am
Posts: 2282
Location: Western Sahara
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:07 pm 
 

TheClansman wrote:
:grr: i want to see my review for the new Exodus accepted already.

WHATS TAKING SO LONG?!


It's up, they just validated like 30 reviews at one time.

Top
 Profile  
UltraBoris
Speed Metal Satan

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:52 pm
Posts: 2488
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:38 pm 
 

TheClansman wrote:
:grr: i want to see my review for the new Exodus accepted already.

WHATS TAKING SO LONG?!
I was on a date. Now I'm at work. Thus, I had time to accept a bunch of reviews (and reject a bunch more ;-) ).

(Yes, I date on weekdays and work on weekends. Never victim, always vice!!)
_________________
speed metal sucks... only disco is true

Top
 Profile  
TheClansman
IM AN INTARWEB TUFF GUY

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:04 am
Posts: 6292
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:59 am 
 

ahh, that makes sense. im used to my reviews being up a few hours after i write them, thats all...
_________________
NP: METALLIKA - ONION

Top
 Profile  
Stonecold
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:54 pm
Posts: 965
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:32 am 
 

I find it to be amazing that few people have heard of Stone, which seems to be the case here. In addition to being the greatest Finnish metal band that's ever existed, they've crafted least two of the greatest thrash albums ever made (Colours and No Anaesthesia behind it). Pyrus, I'd be honored to have your opinion. Boris, as an expert when it comes to thrash, I'm surprised you're not familiar with that, or are you? I can provide every album of theirs ripped, except if you're interested in ordering at CDON.com EU.

Hey, I'll have to ask some record stores if they can get Ulysses, since it's probably expensive to order just one CD from America. CDON.com EU doesn't have it, maybe I'll just download it if I can find it.

Top
 Profile  
ultramotion
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:14 pm
Posts: 49
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:44 pm 
 

Warlock (all albums)
Chastain (all albums)
Angel Witch
---Screamin' and Bleedin'
---Frontal Assault
---Angel Witch Live
---82 Revisited
---Resurrection
Motorhead
---Motorhead
---On Parole
---Iron Fist
---Another Perfect Day
---Orgasmatron
---Rock 'N' Roll
---No Sleep At All
---The Birthday Party
---On Parole (New Version)
---Snake Bite Love
---Live at Brixton '87
---Live At Brixton Academy

Top
 Profile  
sabbath6699
The Board's Official Punching Bag

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:26 pm
Posts: 665
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:51 pm 
 

ultramotion wrote:
Warlock (all albums)
Chastain (all albums)
Angel Witch
---Screamin' and Bleedin'
---Frontal Assault
---Angel Witch Live
---82 Revisited
---Resurrection
Motorhead
---Motorhead
---On Parole
---Iron Fist
---Another Perfect Day
---Orgasmatron
---Rock 'N' Roll
---No Sleep At All
---The Birthday Party
---On Parole (New Version)
---Snake Bite Love
---Live at Brixton '87
---Live At Brixton Academy

hahahhah :lol: yes, and I want to see all Death Metal albums reviewed so that I can make a good choice at the CD store.
_________________
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything."

Top
 Profile  
Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:43 pm
Posts: 5699
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:27 pm 
 

Stonecold wrote:
I find it to be amazing that few people have heard of Stone, which seems to be the case here. In addition to being the greatest Finnish metal band that's ever existed, they've crafted least two of the greatest thrash albums ever made (Colours and No Anaesthesia behind it). Pyrus, I'd be honored to have your opinion. Boris, as an expert when it comes to thrash, I'm surprised you're not familiar with that, or are you? I can provide every album of theirs ripped, except if you're interested in ordering at CDON.com EU.

Hey, I'll have to ask some record stores if they can get Ulysses, since it's probably expensive to order just one CD from America. CDON.com EU doesn't have it, maybe I'll just download it if I can find it.


I'm honored that you'd be honored. :D If you could upload the ripped stuff, that would be cool, or we could arrange a trade (Ulysses Siren for a Stone album?).

Does anyone know a good place to get webspace for uploading mp3s?
_________________
LordSlash wrote:
COME TO IRC AND SAY IT TO MY FACE

Top
 Profile  
dep_neurosis
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:48 am
Posts: 36
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:53 pm 
 

speedemon86 wrote:
name them i feel like reviewing something completely alien, maybe some speed metal, besides painkiller and walls of jericho

i dont get it, neither of those are speed metal but theyre both good, john zorn is the man! :hail:

Top
 Profile  
StillDeath
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:47 am
Posts: 278
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:24 am 
 

ultramotion wrote:
Motorhead

---Another Perfect Day


I will review this after I get home from work.

Top
 Profile  
CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:49 pm
Posts: 2155
Location: The Known Universe
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:31 am 
 

dep_neurosis wrote:
speedemon86 wrote:
name them i feel like reviewing something completely alien, maybe some speed metal, besides painkiller and walls of jericho

i dont get it, neither of those are speed metal but theyre both good, john zorn is the man! :hail:
you are one ignorant motherfucker, Painkiller and Walls of Jericho are two of the top speed metal albums in existence, you measly tapeworm.
_________________
Count_Venereal wrote:
It's silly to not like High on Fire.

Top
 Profile  
CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:49 pm
Posts: 2155
Location: The Known Universe
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:36 am 
 

ultramotion wrote:
Warlock (all albums)
Chastain (all albums)
Angel Witch
---Screamin' and Bleedin'
---Frontal Assault
---Angel Witch Live
---82 Revisited
---Resurrection
Motorhead
---Motorhead
---On Parole
---Iron Fist
---Another Perfect Day
---Orgasmatron
---Rock 'N' Roll
---No Sleep At All
---The Birthday Party
---On Parole (New Version)
---Snake Bite Love
---Live at Brixton '87
---Live At Brixton Academy

actually i could probably do most of that motorhead, those mp3's i have are quite stale. as for the rest i'll start tomorrow, although i really wanted to review the highlord first, i'll do the others.
Carrion
Terror Squad
At War
got 'em

i found everything else on slsk, just have to get it all.
_________________
Count_Venereal wrote:
It's silly to not like High on Fire.

Top
 Profile  
TheClansman
IM AN INTARWEB TUFF GUY

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:04 am
Posts: 6292
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:54 am 
 

ahh, good to see you're reviewing that highlord album. what do you plan to give it?
_________________
NP: METALLIKA - ONION

Top
 Profile  
Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:15 pm
Posts: 10268
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:42 pm 
 

dep_neurosis wrote:
speedemon86 wrote:
name them i feel like reviewing something completely alien, maybe some speed metal, besides painkiller and walls of jericho

i dont get it, neither of those are speed metal but theyre both good, john zorn is the man! :hail:


For some reason this post really pisses me off...

What the hell does John Zorn have to do with speed metal?

Top
 Profile  
Janssen
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:52 pm 
 

Abominatrix wrote:
dep_neurosis wrote:
speedemon86 wrote:
name them i feel like reviewing something completely alien, maybe some speed metal, besides painkiller and walls of jericho

i dont get it, neither of those are speed metal but theyre both good, john zorn is the man! :hail:


For some reason this post really pisses me off...

What the hell does John Zorn have to do with speed metal?



I think Dep got Albums mixed up with Bands. Zorn was in a group called Painkiller

Top
 Profile  
Stonecold
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:54 pm
Posts: 965
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:11 pm 
 

Boris, you've gotta have an opinion, do you not?

Top
 Profile  
Carmack
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:05 pm
Posts: 73
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:48 pm 
 

I'm suprised Spawn of Possession - Cabinet hasn't been reviewed yet.

Top
 Profile  
UltraBoris
Speed Metal Satan

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:52 pm
Posts: 2488
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:00 am 
 

Stonecold wrote:
Boris, you've gotta have an opinion, do you not?
Of course I do. Walls of Jericho is godly, and Painkiller is merely the best speed metal album ever.

NEXT?
_________________
speed metal sucks... only disco is true

Top
 Profile  
Stonecold
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:54 pm
Posts: 965
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:38 am 
 

UltraBoris wrote:
Stonecold wrote:
Boris, you've gotta have an opinion, do you not?
Of course I do. Walls of Jericho is godly, and Painkiller is merely the best speed metal album ever.

NEXT?


So then you've never heard Stone's Colours or No Anaesthesia, as in two some of the greatest thrash albums ever made? If you think COB's Hatebreeder is insane, then those albums are way over the top.

Top
 Profile  
funkybomber
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:14 pm
Posts: 18
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:52 am 
 

I would like to see some Nuclear Death albums reviewed... Preferably "Carrion For Worm" or "Bride Of Insect". I had a look at the lyrics and kinda liked them. I'd like to know how they sound...

Top
 Profile  
Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:15 pm
Posts: 10268
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:01 pm 
 

Janssen wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:
dep_neurosis wrote:
speedemon86 wrote:
name them i feel like reviewing something completely alien, maybe some speed metal, besides painkiller and walls of jericho

i dont get it, neither of those are speed metal but theyre both good, john zorn is the man! :hail:


For some reason this post really pisses me off...

What the hell does John Zorn have to do with speed metal?



I think Dep got Albums mixed up with Bands. Zorn was in a group called Painkiller


Aha..:P..yeah, he was, too...i'd completely forgotten about that band. THey were pretty interesting.

Top
 Profile  
penis
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:14 pm
Posts: 426
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:20 pm 
 

funkybomber wrote:
I would like to see some Nuclear Death albums reviewed... Preferably "Carrion For Worm" or "Bride Of Insect". I had a look at the lyrics and kinda liked them. I'd like to know how they sound...


i can try to do all of these:

Welcome To The Minds Of The Morbid Demo, 1987 [edit]
Bride of Insect Full-length, 1990 [edit]
Carrion For Worm Full-length, 1991 [edit]
...For Our Dead... EP, 1992 [edit]
All Creatures Great and Eaten Full-length, 1992 [edit]

Top
 Profile  
Carmack
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:05 pm
Posts: 73
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:51 pm 
 

I'd like to see some more Grand Belial's Key reviews, other than Judeobeast Assassination.

Top
 Profile  
chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:49 pm
Posts: 2684
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:06 pm 
 

Carmack wrote:
I'd like to see some more Grand Belial's Key reviews, other than Judeobeast Assassination.


Alright, i'll knock out a review of Castrate The Redeemer sometime... or maybe i'll review Mocking The Philanthropist and A Witness To Regicide seperately, just to be a bit more specific.
_________________
Blood, guts, guns, cuts, knives, lives, wives, nuns, sluts.

Top
 Profile  
TemptationsWing
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:48 pm
Posts: 278
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:27 am 
 

I liked to see some more Scorpions and Impellitteri reviews.

Top
 Profile  
OrdinaryStory
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:47 pm
Posts: 855
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:42 am 
 

More reviews for Cathedral.
_________________
FATBOY wrote:
Best line ever
"My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink & I Don't Love Jesus" - Jimmy Buffet

Top
 Profile  
Danthrax_Nasty
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:50 am
Posts: 1560
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:28 pm 
 

I'd like to see some more Raven (UK) reviews. Also some Attacker, Taramis, and some Steel Vengence reviews would be nice.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group