Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:32 pm 

I submitted a funeral doom band called Colosseum last night and it was in the submission queue. I check today and see that it's gone and I wasn't notified about it being rejected. I have my settings set in a way where I receive an e-mail indicating whether or not my submissions are accepted. What gives? Secondly, why would they be rejected seeing how they're a legitimate band under a legitimate genre?

erickg13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:35 pm 

do you have a bulk folder? i have noticed that many of my email notices from this site wind up there, especially recently...

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:04 pm 

The site's mail system is in and out. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. It's been that way all year, and part of the last. If you stop receiving mails, it's a recurring bug/error. You aren't being "cut off", or anything. I stopped getting notification mails again this month, too.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:14 pm 

Nightgaunt wrote:
The site's mail system is in and out. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. It's been that way all year, and part of the last. If you stop receiving mails, it's a recurring bug/error. You aren't being "cut off", or anything. I stopped getting notification mails again this month, too.

I still don't understand why they would be rejected though. The only thing I can think of is that their debut album coming out in November and I guess mods don't take too kindly to bands with an album coming out in a long while. Did I sort of hit the nail on the head?

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:29 pm 

If that debut album was their first proper release, then yes, that's it. Forthcoming releases are sometimes permitted to be added to the site before they are released, true--but this is only for bands that have already gained admission on the basis of a verifiably extant discography. A band cannot be admitted to the site on the basis of a "release" that is not yet truly a release, no matter how 'metal.'

If the band in question already had some viable demos or something, however, then I would need more information.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Reply to topic