Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:16 pm 

I'm sorry to bother you guys, but could you tell me exactly why I lost my points? I'm not asking to get them back (as I don't really know why they where taken away), I just want to know. Maybe because I got two bands rejected lately, but I guess that's normal :S.
I read the post "this is why you lost you points" but I don't recall doing something that bad and I know you hate this kind of questions, but well, if you feel like answering I'd be pleased.

Thanks in advance

(I PMed and admin and she asked me to post in here)

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:17 pm 

not me (for once:D)

well if the bands you submitted were really too borderline or not metal at all, maybe it pissed off a mod... (or if you broke rule 7= no discography)

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:23 pm 

How many was it, I rember taking away a larger number of pints from somone for submitting a band with a release months before it repeatedly is out plus it was very borderline, but tzhat was one instance recently and I think it was not you.

Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:35 pm 

Witcher wrote:
How many was it, I rember taking away a larger number of pints from somone for submitting a band with a release months before it repeatedly is out plus it was very borderline, but tzhat was one instance recently and I think it was not you.

The last two bands i submitted where rejected, and another one because it was a duplicate entry (the google search worked bad for me and did not find the band when I searched for it).

About rule #7. I submitted a band that changed it's name (the band is called Epure and was called Cruor Ignis, which is in the DB). I though that as the band was already in DB I could submit the new band with the new name (and some new band members). Maybe that pissed off a mod.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:56 pm 

Oh yes, the band has no releases under the new name and so cannot be allowed. Such simple rule and you people still break it. This made me particuralrly angry and explains the loss of points, sincer such submission is useless.

Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:53 pm 

Witcher wrote:
Oh yes, the band has no releases under the new name and so cannot be allowed. Such simple rule and you people still break it. This made me particuralrly angry and explains the loss of points, sincer such submission is useless.

Ok. Then that must be it. Thank you all !.

Reply to topic