Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Muloc7253
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:47 am
Posts: 531
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:45 am 
 

Can we start giving people week-long bans for either starting dumb recommendation threads or posting pointless lists in recommendation threads? People seem to be taking no notice to the guidelines.
_________________
KARNSTEIN RECORDS
www.karnsteinrecords.com
Back online, August 2011

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5241
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:52 am 
 

Muloc7253 wrote:
Can we start giving people week-long bans for either starting dumb recommendation threads or posting pointless lists in recommendation threads? People seem to be taking no notice to the guidelines.

Or posting in the completely wrong forum.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
The_Doctrine_Secret
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:59 am
Posts: 115
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:28 am 
 

droneriot wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:
Can we start giving people week-long bans for either starting dumb recommendation threads or posting pointless lists in recommendation threads? People seem to be taking no notice to the guidelines.

Or posting in the completely wrong forum.
Especially that.

Top
 Profile  
Muloc7253
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:47 am
Posts: 531
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:04 am 
 

The_Doctrine_Secret wrote:
droneriot wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:
Can we start giving people week-long bans for either starting dumb recommendation threads or posting pointless lists in recommendation threads? People seem to be taking no notice to the guidelines.

Or posting in the completely wrong forum.
Especially that.


Oh shit. Oh the irony. Someone please delete this.
_________________
KARNSTEIN RECORDS
www.karnsteinrecords.com
Back online, August 2011

Top
 Profile  
christkiller
Black Metal Elite

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:12 am
Posts: 4764
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:35 am 
 

:rolleyes:

Top
 Profile  
Muloc7253
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:47 am
Posts: 531
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:57 pm 
 

Yeah, that's like the gayest, most messed-up, embarassing, ironic mistake ever, but let's move on...back to the topic at hand...
_________________
KARNSTEIN RECORDS
www.karnsteinrecords.com
Back online, August 2011

Top
 Profile  
buttercup
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:44 pm 
 

Why don't we just pin recomendations at the top? We can have a recomendation thread for every type of metal.
_________________
TiredOfBeingAlive wrote:
I killed a cat once too. I was 5 and I had just learned that old saying, "cats always land on their feet" and I threw it up in the air and it landed on it's neck.

Top
 Profile  
Str8Hate
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 pm
Posts: 92
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:14 am 
 

It would seem to defeat the purpose of the Metal-Archives for you to discourage users from asking-for/receiving recommendations for their listening patterns.

If you want to increase traffic for this website, people are more likely to register here and ask for the wisdom of the various Metal Wizards we seem to have here on the boards.

Most users are just starting to get into metal or some of them are in that awkward phase of migrating from Nu Metal to Death Metal or that ambivalent phase of migrating from Death Metal to Black Metal (the most true and purest form of metal - I might add) ... and for you to prohibit all these prospective users from gaining any knowledge about new forms of metal .. then you're just asking for this website to suffer from a lesser hit-count.

Please come up with useful insights that would actually give this site an edge and not just rob it from its own.

Top
 Profile  
Muloc7253
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:47 am
Posts: 531
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:27 am 
 

I was referring to the thread nightgaunt built with the rules and guidelines and recommendation threads, which is constantly getting ignored.
_________________
KARNSTEIN RECORDS
www.karnsteinrecords.com
Back online, August 2011

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Wilytank and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group