Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Predator667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:00 am 

I'm sorry, but I'm kinda confused. Do you allow fake jokebands on here? Just because they're making fun out of metal? If so, could you at least point out things like 'they claim that the band was formed in 19xx/20xx, but it was actually formed in 20xx' and generally mark them as joke bands? If you don't allow them, then what are bands like Oscypherion, Hellslaughter, Godwaffle or Saddam's Family doing here? Do you have undeniable proof that they're real bands?

And yes, I did flag some of them, and a few of them a long time ago.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:31 am 

If they are a joke band in attitude but making SERIOUS music, they are OK

now bands like Impaled Northern Moonforest (or sthg like that) are not allowed

Predator667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:22 pm 

I'm not talking about bands that have silly lyrics, but bands that are jokes themselves and aren't serious in their approach to music at all (like Hellslaughter here for exaple, who recorded their 'demo' after three hours of existence and practice...).

And I don't know the band you mentioned, so this is not an explanation to me.

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:02 pm 

Predator667 wrote:

A project of Seth Putnam (Anal Cunt, White Pride, etc) solely dedicated to making fun of Immortal-style black metal.

Sodomatic_Slaughter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:48 am 

Predator667 wrote:
I'm not talking about bands that have silly lyrics, but bands that are jokes themselves and aren't serious in their approach to music at all (like Hellslaughter here for exaple, who recorded their 'demo' after three hours of existence and practice...).

I didn't heard the other bands but Hellslaughter seems to be NOT a joke band (MySpace). As i saw in your profile you're a Hard Rock/Heavy Metal fan so i suppose that e'thing harder could be unendurable for you o_O

Predator667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:20 pm 

No, I'm a total metalhead, I love all styles of metal (except newmetal, this I hate). Browse through my collection, you'll see. I just listen to traditional heavy metal a little bit more often than to other types of metal.

About Hellslaughter - I spoke to one of these guys. They made the band look valid, but the demo was recorded after 3 hours of the band's existence and with lyrics like 'intro, intro, intro'... Demo recorded purely as a joke...

Don't try to add an ideology to it. I just mention bands that seem to be jokebands to me. In the case of Hellslaughter I am pretty sure that it is one... And look at Godwaffle's myspace and the info posted there... this doesn't even remotely look as anything valid, at least to me... But whatever, it seems that the Archives approve such bands. It's just kind of inconsistent of you guys, I saw some jokebands were rejected, and these aren't...

Sodomatic_Slaughter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:22 pm 

...some bands did a joke from the beginning to the end except one or two LP's!! and they belongs to the MA (Stryper, Def Leppard, Scorpions etc.) that's life...what do you want to proove? What means existing of 3 or 123 hours??!! Maybe the guys from Hellslaughter are simply "genius" whatever it means...Enjoy Your Life

MMisantropo
Magnificient Degluter of Yummy Ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:45 pm 

let's put it this way: if the music is for real, the musicians' actual motivations don't matter much.

Reply to topic