Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:54 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=89389
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=89325
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=89393

Why is this entered as 3 seperate split releases? you can only buy it as a 3LP or 3CD set so it should be added to the archives as a 6-band split release if it's an exception to the maximum-of-5-bands split release rule.

I can kind of understand why 'from the entrails to the dirt' was entered seperately but that should also be listed as just one release if theres a clear way of entering it as one release.

TheClansman
IM AN INTARWEB TUFF GUY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:40 am 

Last I checked its only entered the way it is because the system for entering splits on the archives is buggy as all hell and there really isn't any way to enter it gracefully.

Noktorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:47 am 

Are you sure you can't purchase them seperately? I could have sword they had single editions of each seperate volume.

Member #1 of Zarach 'Baal' Tharagh Crew - Fuck off the musical black metal!

Malfunction
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:03 am 

No, it's an unseparable 6-band-compilation, the vinyls/CDs are in a kind of box. I guess it has just been entered the way it is to prevent conflict with the max-5-band-rule, since a compilation with every band contributing 20 minutes of exclusive material is of course more than worth mentioning.

From the entrails to the dirt is a four band split release, it's also out as CD with a non-mixed-up band order, so it can be entered without any problem and mentioning the 3-vinyl-version in the release notes would be sufficient.

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:21 am 

Malfunction wrote:
No, it's an unseparable 6-band-compilation, the vinyls/CDs are in a kind of box. I guess it has just been entered the way it is to prevent conflict with the max-5-band-rule, since a compilation with every band contributing 20 minutes of exclusive material is of course more than worth mentioning.

You can enter a 6 band split release. It's just that they usually aren't allowed. This should be an exception but entering it as 3 seperate releases seems inappropriate when it'sonly available with all 3 parts together.

Simply adding: "Disc 1 (Father): Deathspell Omega and Stabat Mater" and so on to the additional notes should be sufficient.

Malfunction wrote:
From the entrails to the dirt is a four band split release, it's also out as CD with a non-mixed-up band order, so it can be entered without any problem and mentioning the 3-vinyl-version in the release notes would be sufficient.

In that case, i think it should be added as one release rather than 3 seperate ones. the additional notes can explain how the 3LP version is spread out.

The malicious secrets archive page does look a bit messy.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:05 am 

Malfunction wrote:

wow wow wow, moment please before adding DSO, Antaeus, Mutiilation, Antaeus,e tc split

None of the mods has agreed about this ....

Malfunction
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:07 am 

Well, don't know if that's to be considered an agreement yet, but I just went ahead and added "From the Entrails to the Dirt" in a cleaned up version, so at least the Malicious Secrets page will look more proper. Hope that's okay and a mod will take care of deleting the three separate entries.

Edit: goddamn, haven't read that in time, sorry... just noticing the slight difference of metal lords and metal freaks :ugh:

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:10 am 

Soon u'll notice the difference between metal newbie and Fred Durst ;)

Malfunction
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:25 am 

Thanks for offering that once again :D

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:35 am 

Well, it's been added and it seems perfectly clear that it's better to have it as one single release rather than three seperate ones.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:38 am 

parasite_lost wrote:
Well, it's been added and it seems perfectly clear that it's better to have it as one single release rather than three seperate ones.

wanna be dursted too?:D lol

Anyway personally I don't give a f***, Evenfiel or Nightgaunt will decide not me, im just an underling here.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:14 am 

lmao at the photo that was now added.

Couldn't you find something more evil than a sofa (??) with red roses? LOL

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:18 am 

I nicked it from ebay. It's put on ebay all the time so if someone tries to sell it again and posts a picture showing the 3 individual pieces of artwork then I'll change it. I could just use the photos from cultmetal.com but I can't be bothered resizing them all.

Any other moderators want to comment on whether crushing the holy trinity should be changed?

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:19 am 

You can change Crushing the Holy Trinity, if you are able. I was unaware that a normal user was able to exceed the five-band limit on his/her own. Just don't half-ass it.

Incidentally, I'd like to know what your sources are for the 1995 "Black Legions Projects" compilation. All signs (and what little information I've been able to gather) point to "bootleg" on that one.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

MMisantropo
Magnificient Degluter of Yummy Ants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:49 am 

that's because it's not possible at all, unless he uses the generic "split album" album type, and manually add it six times.

Actually I think I like it better the way it is now, that's how the guy was advised to add it at the time. Not that it would make any significant difference, so whatever is decided is OK to me.

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:58 am 

ah, sorry. I could have sworn i saw a split release on the archives with 6 bands ages ago and i reported it to be deleted.

The site that the information for the LLN compilation seems to have been taken down (it's linked on the pages of vladre, NCP and chaos). It stated that the compilation was official and the website had about twenty demo scans and pictures of other LLN releases so i presumed it was by someone who knew what they were talking about.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:02 am 

I thought that bit about a 6-way sounded a bit odd.

This now defunct page you're speaking of--was it a label site, a bandmember-connected site, or simply a third-party fan site? I looked at it, too (before questioning you), but it had already been taken down.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:17 am 

Just a fan site.

Reply to topic