Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:29 am 

godzilla666 wrote:
plz if u dont appreciate doom then dont review it...thnx alot.

Someone should write a morbid thrashing 0% review just for that whiny shit. "Oh please don't say anything bad about my music..."

I kind of like this stuff though. Despite the fact that its rather weird to call it Funeral Doom and then start out with a blastbeat... And the vocals are kind of terrible, but in a culty Japan-BM kind of way. Heh maybe I'll review it after all. Now organs are coming in and it reminds me more and more of very old Sigh.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

PseudoGoatKill
High Priest(ess) of the Order

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:22 am 

PazuzuZlave wrote:
I'd like to see a review of my solo-project Cruor Deum.
From www.cruodeum.com you can download a full-length album and a single! So... Go download it :)

Page cannot be displayed.

Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:41 am 

droneriot wrote:
godzilla666 wrote:
plz if u dont appreciate doom then dont review it...thnx alot.

Someone should write a morbid thrashing 0% review just for that whiny shit. "Oh please don't say anything bad about my music..."

I kind of like this stuff though. Despite the fact that its rather weird to call it Funeral Doom and then start out with a blastbeat... And the vocals are kind of terrible, but in a culty Japan-BM kind of way. Heh maybe I'll review it after all. Now organs are coming in and it reminds me more and more of very old Sigh.

I am sure he said "don't review it if you don't appreciate doom" meaning that anyone going to review it with the mindset that all doom is shit shouldn't review it. And I agree.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:25 pm 

That's a peculiar comment coming from someone professing to believe in supremity of subjectivism.

Regardless, I understand where the sentiment comes from. However, I prefer to draw a line between those who understand, but do not at all like a given style (these people are comparatively rare), and those who do not even understand the style in question in the first place.

In any case, it was a naive request.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:17 pm 

Nightgaunt wrote:
That's a peculiar comment coming from someone professing to believe in supremity of subjectivism.

Regardless, I understand where the sentiment comes from. However, I prefer to draw a line between those who understand, but do not at all like a given style (these people are comparatively rare), and those who do not even understand the style in question in the first place.

Maybe I misworded my post. By appreciate I do mean that in fact one should understand it, but also not be close minded about the entire genre and write it off as pure shit just because of such a fact.

And if my comment still seems out of place, I'm sorry. I believe in supremity of subjectivism for sure, but only when there is an actual opinion to be had, not some automated response such as "This is doom metal therefore it will suck no matter what."

Thamuz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:24 pm 

In that case the review is not likely to ever see the light of the day, at least not in theory. Therefore, may I ask what exactly is your point?

Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:51 pm 

Thamuz wrote:
In that case the review is not likely to ever see the light of the day, at least not in theory. Therefore, may I ask what exactly is your point?

What do you mean not in theory? Are you saying there is no one who likes doom metal in the world?

Thamuz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:04 pm 

In clarification, I dare say that it is highly unlikely that such a review would be accepted.

Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:14 pm 

Thamuz wrote:
In clarification, I dare say that it is highly unlikely that such a review would be accepted.

Ah, what kind of review? One that is biased against all doom metal or one that is not?

Thamuz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:07 am 

You should be able to work that one out, sunshine...

Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:09 am 

Thamuz wrote:
You should be able to work that one out, sunshine...

Obviously but I wouldn't have to if you would have made yourself clear in the beginning!

PseudoGoatKill
High Priest(ess) of the Order

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:22 pm 

Wouldn't it be pointless to write a review saying how good certain aspects of the album are and how much you loved them, but then turning around and giving it a 0% because one of the band members was too beggy and whiny for you?

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:13 pm 

Yes, yes. No reading comprehension whatsoever.

We should stop derailing this thread, now.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

godzilla666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:19 am 

Nightgaunt wrote:

what i meant by the comment is dont review them IF U DONT LIKE DOOM METAL...because like Thorgrim_Honkronte said, ppl who dont like doom have the tendancy of calling all doom bands shit, without even bothering to listen to the songs...for instance i know this guy who doesnt know doom metal...so when he listened to a doom band he said the following:
"dude, that band sux, the songs are VERY LONG and SO SLOW"
i was like WTF? thats doom, the band doesnt suck u just dont like that type of metal...thats all im trying to say i dont want someone like him to review them.

godzilla666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:59 am 

Nightgaunt wrote:

agreed!

it was just a misunderstanding.

and oh btw...im not a member of the band.

cinedracusio
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:49 am 

Reviews required on Oxbow, Osculum Infame and Doom.
Keep that in mind!!!!!!!:snipe:

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:28 pm 

godzilla666 wrote:
Nightgaunt wrote:

agreed!

it was just a misunderstanding.

and oh btw...im not a member of the band.

I didn't mean you. ;)

ThrashGordon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:17 am 

is UltraBoris gonna get off his arse and review the new Exodus?

Ive seen the reviews, now I wanna hear from someone I respect...

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:05 am 

Gordon, why don't you form your own opinion on the album? Do you need Boris to tell you if you should like it?

CandideCamera
Pour l'encouragement des autres

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:53 am 

ogmetal wrote:
Gordon, why don't you form your own opinion on the album? Do you need Boris to tell you if you should like it?
Amen. Get your own opinions. He told me it was decent. I'll hear it when I hear it.

Anyways, I think I've mentioned this before, but Belphegor - Goatreich - Fleshcult. Review. Now.

ThrashGordon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:42 am 

ogmetal wrote:

what is your problem with me?

fuck the thread is about what albums you want to see reviewed. Why dont you tell everysingle poster in this thread to form their own opinions. I enjoy reading Boris's reviews of thrahs albums. I also check out albums based on his opinions ahead of pretty much every other reviewer. Thats not to say I hate Testament and fellate Dark Angel but still I respect his opinion.

I apologise for requesting a review in a thread entitled 'albums you want to see reviewed'...

Exkretor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:53 am 

Torchure needs some reviews.

ogmetal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:10 am 

Gordo, why so hostile? This is a review recommendation thread, yes. This is not a reviewer recommendation thread. There are a lot of reviews already for the new Exodus. Relax.

ThrashGordon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:47 am 

ogmetal wrote:
Gordo, why so hostile? This is a review recommendation thread, yes. This is not a reviewer recommendation thread. There are a lot of reviews already for the new Exodus. Relax.

it might have more to do with every post I make I see a reply from you putting unnecessary shit on me.

I know there are a lot of Exodus reviews but like I said I enjoy reading Boris's and I have more respect for his opinion. Its like when every review fellated the new Helloween until Boris came along. I downloaded all of it and was pretty dissapointed...

ogmetal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:02 am 

ThrashGordon wrote:
ogmetal wrote:

it might have more to do with every post I make I see a reply from you putting unnecessary shit on me.

I know there are a lot of Exodus reviews but like I said I enjoy reading Boris's and I have more respect for his opinion. Its like when every review fellated the new Helloween until Boris came along. I downloaded all of it and was pretty dissapointed...

Gordon, yes, you caught me. I sit around all day waiting for you to post. When you do, I dream of ways to "put unnecessary shit" on you. I guess it just seems like I am giving you shit because you say a lot of dumb things and I just happen to read them and reply. It's nothing personal. :)

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:14 am 

I agree with Gordon; the first three reviews: shit; Lord Requiem generally doesn't like much thrash and as for Fatal_Metal, well I think no further comment is necessary.

I could review it if you like. Actually am planning too anyway. ;)

ThrashGordon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:21 am 

Bloodstone wrote:
I agree with Gordon; the first three reviews: shit; Lord Requiem generally doesn't like much thrash and as for Fatal_Metal, well I think no further comment is necessary.

Well Im glad someone noticed requeim was one of the reviewers...

Like I said I think ogmetal has a condition where he has to be an arse to me no matter what I post, oh well shit happens.

ogmetal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:26 am 

ThrashGordon wrote:
Bloodstone wrote:

Well Im glad someone noticed requeim was one of the reviewers...

Like I said I think ogmetal has a condition where he has to be an arse to me no matter what I post, oh well shit happens.

Let it go already, Gordo.

Vintersemestre
Shema Yisrael

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:34 am 

So... do you folks want me to review the new Skylark album or the new Galloglass album?

Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:47 am 

Vintersemestre wrote:
So... do you folks want me to review the new Skylark album or the new Galloglass album?

Galloglass. I love the new album!

Vintersemestre
Shema Yisrael

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:13 am 

Yes, it's very good, alot better than the last one. I only really liked one song on the last one and was asleep most of the album, but this one really keeps you awake. Pretty original, it's getting a score in the mid 80% range. "After Forever", "Dawn of a New Age" (especially), "Signs" and "Beyond the Mirror" are all spectacular songs, really out of this world. The only reason it doesn't get 100 from me is because of the rest of the album.

In fact, "Dawn of a New Age" ranks up there with some of my favourite power metal songs ever, alongside the likes of Steel Attack (real shame about their last album) and Manowar.

Last edited by Vintersemestre on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:17 am 

Well I love their other album just as much, but I really do like this one. The first and second tracks are my favorite.

I was thinking of writing a review of something, but I don't know what.

I am narrowing it down to Unmoored - Indefinite Soul Extension, Arcane Wisdom - Relics Of Elder Might or Ceremonial Castings - Midnight Deathcult Phenomena.

I will be getting the newest Ceremonial Castings in the mail soon and I WILL definitely be reviewing that, simply based on the 3 tracks I've heard so far from it, which pwn me in the face.

Vintersemestre
Shema Yisrael

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:21 am 

I want to review the new Skylark, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'd pretty much be required to dissect that eighteen song minute in depth just to justify why it's good, because to the average person, all it sounds like is eighteen minutes of keyboards and whining. Even I found it kind of annoying after awhile. The real drawback of the entire thing is the fact that that silly woman sings for the majority of the album, she really does not have anything special about her voice. Neither does the male singer, really, but he's just better, and his accent is amusing. No references to "BELLZAYBOO" make this album inferior :(.

EDIT: Were you also surprised by "Beyond the Mirror" on the new Galloglass, especially the way it started, like a freakin' Destruction song or something? That really caught me off guard, it really is a crisp, beautiful tune. I'm always editing my fucking posts!

Last edited by Vintersemestre on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:24 am 

I haven't heard anything by them but definitely go with the Galloglass.

AcHyMeR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:53 pm 

Evanescent Soul have recorded an entitled new MCD, Convent Of Suffering. Recorded in September, 2005. The MCD includes 5 new songs. With a new singer, the group a little changed music style.

www.evanescentsoul.com

We look forward to your comments

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:02 pm 

Limbonic Art's Moon in the Scorpio could use more reviews. I'm interested in seeing a well-written negative review, because almost everyone that I know that likes Limbonic Art loves that album to death.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:59 pm 

I'd feel quite refreshed if I saw some negative (or at least not gushingly positive) reviews for Agalloch and/or Arsis in the queue.

ThrashGordon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:52 am 

Is OSheaman gonna do a review for The System Has Failed?

Even if I dont always agree with his opinion his Megadeth reviews are among the most entertaining the site has to offer

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:08 am 

ThrashGordon wrote:

Even if I dont always agree with his opinion his Megadeth reviews are among the most entertaining the site has to offer

I was just going to link it and slap it in your face, but it turns out it has been deleted. Anyways, I remember the title being "Wait! I don't have enough money yet!" and with a score of 79%.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:24 am 

Bloodstone wrote:
ThrashGordon wrote:

I was just going to link it and slap it in your face, but it turns out it has been deleted. Anyways, I remember the title being "Wait! I don't have enough money yet!" and with a score of 79%.

Yar, I believe it was posted in its entirety not too long ago somewhere on the boards. If you want to slog through Oven Fodder it might be there. The review wasn't one of his best though.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 78  Next