Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:47 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/VektorOfficial ... 6162496821

Quote:
Greetings Vektonauts. With sadness we must inform you that we, Blake, Frank, and Erik, are all departing from Vektor effective immediately. It has been a completely incredible 10-ish years that has brought us all around the world and introduced us to so many super generous, passionate, friendly people and produced three albums of which we are extremely proud. Seeing the reception for Terminal Redux in particular after all of the hard work put into it has been very humbling. Sadly we've reached a point where we can't continue with the working arrangement we have, for a number of reasons that we find unnecessary to discuss publicly. There's no big story or drama, people and personalities simply change and drift apart and we've reached our limit.
The three of us are lifer musicians and will continue to be. You'll be seeing us in other contexts, other bands, recordings, tours, and more. Our time in Vektor has been a major part of our lives and parting with that will be a serious adjustment, but ultimately we're excited to see other new ways we can put our ideas to use. We are -hugely- grateful to everyone that came out to shows, picked up merch, listened to the music, showed us a great time and kept us going. We accomplished more than we ever thought was possible when we joined and we hope you'll stay tuned for what we do next - you have certainly not seen the last of us.
We don't know if this means Dave will seek new members and continue Vektor or not, that is for him to decide and announce in his own time.
Given that it's the holidays and the future of the band is out of our hands, we'd appreciate some space for the time being as we enjoy time with friends and family (please don't message our personal pages about it, we won't reply). All the best and we'll see you down the road.
-Blake, Frank, and Erik

Didn't see this coming.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:51 pm 

Literally was just about to post this. Crazy.

TimeDoesNotHeal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:52 pm 

Well that sucks. Terminal Redux was goddamn fantastic, as were their previous albums.

SufferingQuota
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 pm 

Was just about to post this as well. Did not see that coming at all. Must've been some conflicts within the band.

KEISER - Black metal

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 pm 

Holy hell. That was completely unexpected. I wonder what the underlying reason was. They seemed like they were all clicking with Terminal Redux and the level of cooperation and stability was at its highest. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, though.

I guess there's yet another band I'll never see live. :(

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:55 pm 

Guess the band themselves even got sick of the incessant, redundant praise.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:20 pm 

Admittedly I wasn't at all impressed with Terminal Redux, and even going back to the two before they didn't do much for me. Nevertheless, they were one of the more creative modern thrash bands around and it's quite the loss that they are no more.

stainedclass2112
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:35 pm 

Crime #1: Calling the fans "Vektornauts"

They were definitely cool, but definitely overrated. It would've been neat to hear them reel in their sound to put out one final real badass album.

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:38 pm 

I only started listening to them this year, but after getting all 3 albums I found Terminal Redux their best. Hopefully everyone involved will keep making kickass metal in the future.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:43 pm 

I wouldn't assume this is the end of Vektor necessarily. I mean the one dude left is kinda the main guy isn't he?

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:50 pm 

That's sad news but there are already other bands with very similar sounds around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwlGvwE ... KiuRSdcluo

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:52 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
I wouldn't assume this is the end of Vektor necessarily. I mean the one dude left is kinda the main guy isn't he?

Yes, BUT I'm willing to bet that if it's for the reason that I think it is, Dave won't be able to hold a new lineup down for very long. I can't say too much about the specifics without potentially giving away who I am (friends with several members and it's shit that isn't really publicly known), but I'm more than willing to bet that I know why they left.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:54 pm 

The post has already been deleted, so there's definitely some drama going down

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:55 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:

If it's what I think it is, there's been drama for a while.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:41 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing. Well, hopefully this isn't the end of Vektor.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:45 pm 

8000% what the fuck is even happening?

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:38 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/VektorOfficial ... 6552751821
According to what Dave just posted, Vektor is not ending.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:43 pm 

"I appreciate everything that Blake, Frank, and Erik have done to help this ship take off. I also appreciate all of my band mates before them: Willy, Pablo, Adam, Mike, and Kian."

I lold

SlevinKelevra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:58 pm 

Good riddance. Most overrated band in a long long time.

StainedClass95
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:19 am 

I've never really cared for Vektor, but I respect that they were fairly unique.

To the above, Vektor's hype isn't/wasn't that bad. They've always had fans and detractors like any other band.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:19 am 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/VektorOfficial/posts/10154096552751821
According to what Dave just posted, Vektor is not ending.

I apologize to anyone who was concerned about the post from earlier today. Vektor is not stopping. I started writing Vektor songs in 1999 and I'm still writing Vektor songs. As long as I live, Vektor will not die.
I appreciate everything that Blake, Frank, and Erik have done to help this ship take off. I also appreciate all of my band mates before them: Willy, Pablo, Adam, Mike, and Kian.
See you on the road!
-Dave

so whatever that means.

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:21 am 

Quote:
"I appreciate everything that Blake, Frank, and Erik have done to help this ship take off. I also appreciate all of my band mates before them: Willy, Pablo, Adam, Mike, and Kian."

Phasers set to "passive aggression".

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:31 am 

Please tell me Dave isn't going Jari on us. That all the attention Terminal Redux is going to his head.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:58 am 

MawBTS wrote:
Quote:

Phasers set to "passive aggression".

LOL

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:13 am 

glad I caught them last month at the very least

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:56 am 

Drama incoming in 3...2...1...

"You make it easy."

stefan86
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:57 am 

Strange timing to crash considering their recent fame.

Add me on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stefan86

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:11 am 

They just finished quite a long tour with Black Fast, so whatever was happening probably escalated there. My best guess is that DiSanto might probably be too much of a control freak/Dave Mustaine. But that is pure speculation, maybe I'm completely wrong.

A bummer indeed, I love Vektor and I love their latest. At least I got to see them this summer.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

babysgottalocomotive
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:23 am 

kluseba wrote:
That's sad news but there are already other bands with very similar sounds around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwlGvwE ... KiuRSdcluo

Wowee!!! This is great stuff!! Cheers for posting.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:26 am 

Bets are placed on Vektor B.C., Vektor of Fire and I Am Vektor :(

I agree that probably the problems came out in the long tour.
I fear that the fact that the band will go on with a single member will impact even more negatively the already spastic songwriting... wich is the only issue that i have with their music: their riffing ability is hard to deny

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:32 am 

First heard about this on Reddit. I actually kinda liked Terminal Redux, so this is rather sad.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:14 am 

Frank here is basically the Adam Schefter of metal so when he says that this was bubbling for a long time and Dave is pretty much boned by his own doing, I believe it. Vektor is great but has a habit of bloating themselves too much and writing way more than they need to so maybe the other guys can do their own Misery Index thing like when Jason, Sparky, and Kevin all left Dying Fetus at the same time and wind up making an ultimately better band.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:17 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:

I fear that the fact that the band will go on with a single member will impact even more negatively the already spastic songwriting... wich is the only issue that i have with their music: their riffing ability is hard to deny

My bets are on a band called Terminal Redux or Black Future

EpicSceptic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:43 am 

This is really devastating news. Unless Dave wrote literally everything I doubt they can release another album as good as Terminal Redux again. The album definitely grew on me but there is no doubt that they have some immense talent just from giving it one listen through.

I can understand that everyone has different tastes, but @SlevinKelevra and @Diamhea, pray tell what thrash album did I miss this year that topped Terminal Redux?

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:51 am 

EpicSceptic wrote:
This is really devastating news. Unless Dave wrote literally everything I doubt they can release another album as good as Terminal Redux again. The album definitely grew on me but there is no doubt that they have some immense talent just from giving it one listen through.

I can understand that everyone has different tastes, but @SlevinKelevra and @Diamhea, pray tell what thrash album did I miss this year that topped Terminal Redux?

I don't particularly care about this discussion, but I found Ripper's Experiment of Existence to be better than Terminal Redux. I also liked Vektor's previous album better than Terminal Redux.

Dr_Prozac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:04 am 

Worst metal-related new I could hear. As I've seen most of my favourite bands become shit one by one, when I started listening to Vektor I couldn't help thinking that it was too good to last. In fact, I becamed a little paranoid and when they released Terminal Redux I was a little bit afraid that it would be shit (and it turned out to be their best release to date IMO). Now here's the bad new I was expecting.

Even assuming that Dave was the one and only creative force behind Vektor, I don't expect a band to be the same after 3 out of 4 members leaving it.

kluseba wrote:

Yeah, there are some young bands like Vexovoid and Teleport doing some Vektor-esque sci-fi themed tech-thrash. Most of these bands haven't released a full-length yet and it still remains to see which will be the reactions when they do. There's some chance that a wave of Vektor-influenced bands will come soon (which is something I would be glad to see). Anyway, what I've heard so far from neither of these bands reaches the level of Vektor in my opinion.
Morn Of Solace wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EpicSceptic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:13 am 

Zerberus wrote:
I don't particularly care about this discussion, but I found Ripper's Experiment of Existence to be better than Terminal Redux. I also liked Vektor's previous album better than Terminal Redux.

That is a great album for sure, definitely in my top 50 of the year. Some of the riffs feel like they've been lifted from Death and Kreator though, and overall there's nothing new on there, just really well done worship.

I get that not everyone would agree that Terminal Redux is the best thrash album in a decade, but I honestly don't understand how a person can like technical thrash metal and say they are incredibly overrated.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:53 am 

Personally, I find Vektor to be both incredibly good and painfully overrated. There's no denying their creativity and what they did for thrash as a genre in this newest generation of metal where thrash has largely fallen out of favor can't be overstated, but at the same time they've always been plagued with the gift of writing some of the best damn riffs I've ever heard but struggling to make a coherent song out of it. They have a tendency to write themselves into corners and instead of cutting parts or working on smoother transition riffs or something they just flip to the next section with an almost audible clunk. They're the musical equivalent to the Winchester House. Keep in mind that I do like the band, but Terminal Redux, while being full of individually fantastic moments, is extremely difficult to get through as a whole as a result of these things, and it's the first album of theirs that I don't consider a future classic (which seems to put me in the minority).

Also just ignore Steven. He has a terminal case of the grumps and is probably a WaywardSon alt we haven't caught yet or something.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:00 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:

All quite possible names, but my money's on Vektor ft. David DiSanto the Original Member.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:11 am 

Thiestru wrote:

All quite possible names, but my money's on Vektor ft. David DiSanto the Original Member.

Other possibilities include David DiSanto's Vektor and (The True) Vektor

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next