Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:44 am 

Sounds quite off-putting, the tag that is. However, the EP is streaming here should anyone feel like giving it a listen.

WonderPat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:09 pm 

Hmm. That sounds to me like Melodic Death Metal with Power Metal soloing. But I only listened to the first two songs and I'm no mod, of course.

The last section of the first song sounded like Nu-Metal, but the rest sounded legit to me. I'll leave it up to the mods to decide, of course.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:37 pm 

Morfetamin has been whitelisted. I had blacklisted it based on a submission that provided a shitty live video as proof of metalness.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:53 pm 

Cheers, Zodi.

Grindocore
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:16 pm 

What does the blacklist note for Ernia say? (Most recent material here: https://erniatheband.bandcamp.com/)

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:25 pm 

Punk based grind, blacklisted in 2015. That bandcamp link appears to be from 2015 yeah? Or is it from this year?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:25 pm 

Punk-based grind; blacklisted in 2015.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Jagmetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:08 pm 

Why has been Slavedriver from New Zealand blacklisted?

Full Release here..

https://slavedriver666.bandcamp.com/

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:22 pm 

Jagmetal wrote:
Why has been Slavedriver from New Zealand blacklisted?

Full Release here..

https://slavedriver666.bandcamp.com/

Note says "Sludgey Grind/Powerviolence" and it was blacklisted off this album.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:47 pm 

Shoryuken wasn't blacklisted when I submited them at the first time. Then, i noted, in the queue, that someone has added the split "Grind is Love", along with Serrabulho, which is an accepted band and it is a valid physical release. Why wasn't Shoryuken added eventually?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:53 pm 

Because someone can add a release to an already accepted band with samples? It's not like if a release with multiple bands that is added the other bands are automatically added. The release probably wasn't added because there are no samples readily available at the time or someone is doing it evetually. Of you want them added, please attach the submission with the proper links.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Grindocore
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:51 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Punk based grind, blacklisted in 2015. That bandcamp link appears to be from 2015 yeah? Or is it from this year?

That link is for a release from September 2016, so post-blacklisting. I think they qualify now in terms of genre, maybe not so much in release runtime. Link again for clarity: https://erniatheband.bandcamp.com/

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:13 am 

hey guys, juste wanted to know why Silent Sorcerer is blacklisted? sounds like melodeath to me

https://silentsorcerer6.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:17 am 

Blacklisted 2014 for being on the wrong side of the metal/core split.

Edit: hhhmmmmm. This is pretty short for a digital release and there's still a decent amount of deathcore in it. I'm gonna come down on the not acceptable side.

Azmodes wrote:

WonderPat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:51 pm 

Bohren got rejected. "Not metal."

Not at all, though? Sounds like there's metal in there to me.

If it isn't metal, what is it? Heavy Psych/Hardcore Punk/Noise?

Just curious. I accept that they were rejected and won't resubmit or complain about it.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:00 pm 

Yeah, something like that. A few of us had different ideas of what we might call it, but it isn't really metal. Heavy/sludgy guitar tone, but it's some sort of noise rock/hardcore punk variant, I guess.

WonderPat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:19 pm 

That's fair. The consistently heavy tone and atmosphere made me want to submit it for review, though it seemed borderline. I trust your judgment better than my own. I got a proto-doom feel from a lot of it. But, the psychedelic stoner/doom groove of "Melonella" and "Cocteausiege" reminded me of Electric Wizard (who actually didn't exist at that point).

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:42 pm 

Sludgy guitars, but not a lot of metal riffs, essentially. A good example of why (even guitar-based) heaviness does not automatically equal metal.

simonakunz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:13 pm 

Could someone be at least so polite and answer my question? Thank you.

simonakunz wrote:
Please, what is "not metal" about Archeonic? I seriously wonder in which of the rules it fails to qualify.

Music here https://archeonic.bandcamp.com/

EP already out on digipak CD.

Thank you.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:32 pm 

The blacklist note for Archeonic says it is nu-metal with some groove metal elements, hence not predominantly metal.

simonakunz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:41 pm 

Thank you. But, seriously?

Azmodes wrote:
The blacklist note for Archeonic says it is nu-metal with some groove metal elements, hence not predominantly metal.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:44 pm 

Just quoting the note. I didn't write it.

simonakunz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:49 pm 

Understand. I appreciate your reply.

Still, I wonder why should anyone consider this nu metal. Let me hope someone more responsible will take a listen one day.

Azmodes wrote:
Just quoting the note. I didn't write it.

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:16 pm 

Why is Tumbero from Brazil blacklisted?

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:26 pm 

cranialcrusherabc wrote:

Non-metallic crust/grind. Blacklisted in mid 2013. Have they released anything unambiguously Metal ever since?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:00 pm 

simonakunz wrote:

Still, I wonder why should anyone consider this nu metal. Let me hope someone more responsible will take a listen one day.

It's a largely riffless nu-metal/groove amalgam. Nothing irresponsible about stating the truth without letting personal agendas cloud judgement.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Grindocore
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:01 pm 

I didn't see a direct answer to this, so to settle it and move on from this band: Ernia, blacklisted in 2015, new death/grind material this past September (https://erniatheband.bandcamp.com/album/ernia). Still blacklisted or elegible?

Thanks

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:19 pm 

It hasn't even been a day yet dude, just relax.

Azmodes wrote:

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:18 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
cranialcrusherabc wrote:

Non-metallic crust/grind. Blacklisted in mid 2013. Have they released anything unambiguously Metal ever since?

Opsius, I just cannot understand how crust/grind can be "non-metallic", but anyways, you shoud check their latest EP "Traição" (2016) and the previous one "Vol. 2" (2015):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_4moAeK9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8tr66rzIhw

Quite "metallic", IMO.

simonakunz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:12 am 

Hm, end of argument, I guess. We probably listen to different bands.

At least, "Clouded Judgement" sounds like a cool title for a new nu metal song.

Diamhea wrote:
simonakunz wrote:

It's a largely riffless nu-metal/groove amalgam. Nothing irresponsible about stating the truth without letting personal agendas cloud judgement.

Gab97
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:59 am 

Why the "WOWS" band has been rejected? It has all the characteristics of a metal band, by the way is very similar to bands like Isis, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, Sunn O)))

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:45 am 

cranialcrusherabc wrote:
Opsius, I just cannot understand how crust/grind can be "non-metallic"

Seeing as crust punk and grindcore are both first and foremost punk subgenres, it's rather straightforward, really.

Gab97 wrote:
Why the "WOWS" band has been rejected? It has all the characteristics of a metal band, by the way is very similar to bands like Isis, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, Sunn O)))

The Blacklist sayeth: "1st Album: Alt Rock. 2nd Album: Too much post feedback stuff than doom riffs" (from December 2015)

dawn_of_eternity
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:01 am 

Why is Missing in Action from Israel banned?
There are plenty of Metalcore bands in the archives

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:49 am 

Azmodes wrote:
cranialcrusherabc wrote:
Opsius, I just cannot understand how crust/grind can be "non-metallic"

Seeing as crust punk and grindcore are both first and foremost punk subgenres, it's rather straightforward, really.

Punk subgenres that are highly metal influenced and still "metallic", IMO. Anyways, have you heard the two releases I mentioned? Or that's up to Opsius?

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:24 am 

dawn_of_eternity wrote:
Why is Missing in Action from Israel banned?
There are plenty of Metalcore bands in the archives

There's no blacklist note, so it's an old one. Provide links to a metal record and we'll listen. Of course there are metalcore bands in the archives and they are more metal than -core. There's tons that aren't because they are more -core than metal. Pretty easy to understand.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:30 am 

cranialcrusherabc wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Punk subgenres that are highly metal influenced and still "metallic", IMO. Anyways, have you heard the two releases I mentioned? Or that's up to Opsius?

There's more and there's less or even essentially non-metallic crust/grind, not every band is automatically acceptable just because they play this genre. We are not The Metal and Punk Influenced by Metal Archives and require bands to be firmly on the metal side of things. And no, I have not listened to this band, just wanted to make this clear.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:01 pm 

Sorry again!
But serious, I'm now here for a third time with a same question about Raspail (Italy).

viewtopic.php?p=2691964#p2691964
viewtopic.php?p=2694750#p2694750

Someone please pay a little particle of attention :)

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:05 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
There's more and there's less or even essentially non-metallic crust/grind, not every band is automatically acceptable just because they play this genre. We are not The Metal and Punk Influenced by Metal Archives and require bands to be firmly on the metal side of things. And no, I have not listened to this band, just wanted to make this clear.

I am not questioning the blacklisting of the band based on its genre nor questioning the "essence" of the Archives, as you are suggesting. Actually, I never asked the band to be accepted based on its genre, I simply mentioned that I just can't consider crust/grind as "non-metallic" anyhow. That's just my personal opinion though and I believe this discussion does not belong here. I also provided you links for the latest releases by Tumbero to point you that maybe it should be accepted on the Archives, but once you have not listened to the releases yet, I'll just wait for another mod to reconsider it and maybe whitelist the band.

Anyways, thanks for making it clear ;).

natrix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:00 pm 

The Crypt (USA) got blacklisted, I'm sure because nothing was released for a long time...it's actually my band, and I've just put out an album (2016 digital release, as well as self-released CD). I can send you a link to the soundcloud page I have for streaming the whole album:
https://soundcloud.com/user-538884723/s ... -v/s-3jvIZ I'd be honoured to have it on Metal Archives!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:22 pm 

cranialcrusherabc: I get what you mean, sorry for my (knee-)jerk-y reaction. I believe what Opsius originally meant, conveying another staffer's old blacklisting, was simply that the band was along the lines of the old, prima facie awkward, yet around these parts seemingly ineluctable phrase "not metal enough". At the very least, categorically denying those bands "on the wrong side" any possible whiff of metal at any point in time was probably far from his mind.

As to Shadechaser and other unanswered queries, I'll properly catch up with MA stuff and get to them when I can (probably tomorrow when I'm back in Graz again). I can understand the frustration when mods respond to certain posts and apparently ignore yours, though that shouldn't be taken as acts of spite or inattention (though the latter can obviously happen), just that we only answer what we feel we can meaningfully and properly address (and that also covers instances of bands that seem like a headache to judge). We don't immediately have all the facts for all inquiries available, so responses don't always respect the chronological order of posts. Did I also mention that this is a hobby for all of us, dedicated though as it may be? :P

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425 ... 541  Next