Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:01 pm 

Piotr states: "I am so excited to announce the new Vader album, which will be released by Nuclear Blast again! The Empire - which is the title of the upcoming full length - is planned to be out at the end of September 2016. However, we prepared limited EP called 'Iron Times' yet in August! There are two new tracks included plus two bonus songs. All will be available in beautiful folded 10" vinyl, for which Joe Petagno himself created the amazing cover."

New Vader is always good news. I didn't like the last one as much as Morbid Reich, but it was still a solid slab. Hoping for even more this time around, however.

Edit: Release date since changed to November 4th.

Last edited by Metal_Detector on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Master_Of_Thrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:40 pm 

New Sodom and Vader albums announced in the same week? Shit, this has been a great week for me! I loved the last album as well as Welcome To The Morbid Reich, so I'm pretty sure the next one will be just as good. Their weakest album from the past 15 years is The Beast, so it won't be very difficult to make something better.

Last edited by Master_Of_Thrash on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:46 pm 

I'll definitely pick up this. Vader always delivers IMO.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:58 pm 

So these last few days have been insane for high profile veteran bands announcing new albums. A likely serviceable but nothing amazing Sodom, a likely god fucking awful Running Wild, and a likely year-end contender from Vader. Vader is just unreal with how consistently great they are, and no extreme metal band should still be as good as they are nearly thirty years into their career. Welcome to the Morbid Reich floored me with how intense it was and how stellar the riffing was throughout the whole thing, and then Tibi et Igni came and somehow made everything even better with some added explosiveness. If they can somehow keep trending upwards I think I'm going to die of sudden blood loss.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:01 pm 

Tibi et Igni is probably my favorite from them after Litany, so I'm definitely hyped for this.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:14 pm 

Ooh, another band that can do no wrong. Hype x2! :headbang:

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:23 pm 

Welcome To The Morbid Reich was a masterpiece, but let's be honest, Tibi Et Igni was also awesome! I'm excited. Vader can't do wrong imo.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:32 pm 

Damn, I haven't listened to this band in ages. May have to dust off some of the old work and check this one out when it arrives. They seem to be pretty consistent, to the point I last heard them a couple albums ago anyways.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:06 pm 

I'll say it, I think their latest two albums are some of their best. Easily among the top five for me, at least. Vader could be making albums by-the-numbers and they'd still be good, but they're a great example of how veteran bands with an established style can prevent consistency from becoming synonymous with stagnation. The bar's set a little higher for them now.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:42 pm 

I love Litany and while I find their later albums cool they don't demand my attention for long. Though I haven't heard the last one they put out.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:11 pm 

Biggest album this year for me, other than Dark Funeral.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:44 pm 

Vader have been on their A-game since Welcome to the Morbid Reich. That and Tibi are monster-albums. Truly masterful, with both competing for being my favorite Vader albums along with De Profundis. I can only hope they are continuing that streak.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:59 pm 

God damnit I can't wait. I'm really hoping this means a possible North America tour for them late this year or next year.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:24 pm 

MeltedFace wrote:
God damnit I can't wait. I'm really hoping this means a possible North America tour for them late this year or next year.

If anything, probably Spring/Summer, from what they said on FB a few months ago.

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:10 pm 

Bring it on! Looking forward to seeing the new artwork.

Master_Of_Thrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:19 pm 

Joe Petango? Isn't he the guy that designed Sodom's new album's cover? Honestly, after seeing that one, I don't think I'll look forward to seeing the cover for Vader's album.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:22 pm 

Master_Of_Thrash wrote:
Joe Petango? Isn't he the guy that designed Sodom's new album's cover? Honestly, after seeing that one, I don't think I'll look forward to seeing the cover for Vader's album.

He did Tibi et Igni which is one of their best so I think they're fine.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Master_Of_Thrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:53 pm 

Huh, I really like that cover, but I don't like any of the ones he did for Motörhead and the god awful Sodom one. Let's see if it is as good as Tibi Et Igni.

metroplex
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:12 am 

Vader's last 2 albums have kicked so much ass because of the addition of guitarist Spider, whose leads and songwriting are stellar. He has revitalize them.

ChildClownOutlet
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:18 am 

YESSSSSS. Im so fucking hype for more Vader. Tibi was fucking amazing, so Im sure this will be incredible.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:29 am 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
I love Litany and while I find their later albums cool they don't demand my attention for long. Though I haven't heard the last one they put out.

Change that! Tibi et Igni is awesome.

Speaking of which, I feel like that album literally just came out. :lol: Time flies! I'm super keen on a new Vader album, and if it's anything like their last two, it's going to slay.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:18 am 

metroplex wrote:
Vader's last 2 albums have kicked so much ass because of the addition of guitarist Spider, whose leads and songwriting are stellar. He has revitalize them.

This is very true. "I Am Who Feasts upon Your Soul" is the standout track on Welcome to the Morbid Reich.

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:40 am 

Haha, saw this thread right after reading the Running Wild thread. Talk about the perfect pick-me-up! :hyper:

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:56 pm 

metroplex wrote:

Yeah, it's awesome that a band that's been running this long is still putting out great material, but at least part of that is due to the addition of new blood. A lot of people don't realize Peter is the only original member left, and everyone else has only been in the band since around 2010/2011.

That said, still really stoked for this. Tibi and Reich were both great records.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:20 pm 

So, which empire is the album title referring to? My money is on the Seleucids.

Warlord Wossman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:04 pm 

Can't wait to here their new stuff. They can't fail.

Deathwish77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:56 pm 

Morbid Reich was a good one. Wasn't big on the last one at all. May have been the drumming. Sort of stock sounding. The production was too clean sounding as well.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:41 pm 

Deathwish77 wrote:
Morbid Reich was a good one. Wasn't big on the last one at all. May have been the drumming. Sort of stock sounding. The production was too clean sounding as well.

My only complaint was the long "intros" for a couple of the songs. Shouldve been seperate tracks.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:32 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
So, which empire is the album title referring to? My money is on the Seleucids.

That would be an interesting subject for an album. I am with the general praise for the last two albums. I expect another great record from these guys!.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:24 am 

metroplex wrote:

This could definitely be it, because they've sounded really good since he joined. I see a lot of people have slept on their releases from last year, the cover album - Future of the Past II and the live album - Before the Age of Chaos. I think they both kick ass

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:31 pm 

I think a lot of people ignored Future of the Past II because unlike the first one, it's made up entirely of covers of Polish bands, so unless you're already familiar with any or all of the bands they're covering, it's kinda hard to get excited over. I think I recognize only one or two bands they covered on there haha, but no doubt I'm sure Vader did every song on there justice.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:13 pm 

Yeah, that's a good point. For me, the unfamiliarity with the bands and songs covered just gives it that element of surprise.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:43 pm 

This is gonna rule. New Vader is always a good thing, and I definitely hope that they continue with the melody and epic vibes of Tibi et Igni. More stuff like Eye of the Abyss would be amazing.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:26 am 

Vader never disappoints

micky36
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:49 am 

Can't wait for this album.

จีคลับ

Last edited by micky36 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:35 pm 

Lagartija wrote:
Vader never disappoints

Are you sure? :P

BarryLamarBonds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:18 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Lagartija wrote:
Vader never disappoints

Are you sure? :P

It fits better on the Sothis EP, on which it was originally released. Same production and everything, but it sounds right in place at the end of the EP.

Last edited by BarryLamarBonds on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:20 pm 

MeltedFace wrote:

I hope so too, just to get another shot to see them. Saw them a few years ago in a shitty club and it was pretty terrible. If I was going to point out a badn going through the motions it would be Vader that night. But anyone can have an off night.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:27 am 

Oh shit, I can't wait to get enter the morbid reich again! Vader is almost unique in the death metal game for being able to deliver such crushing albums so late in their career.

2Eagle333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:36 am 

Nice title for the band.

Hopefully they can come up with something decent by then. Could be a good album.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next