Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:28 pm 

damn that's pretty sweet^^ looking to score a copy now.

shamatarigrind666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:54 pm 

Helvede wrote:
Buried Beneath - The Last Rays of the Moon

US blackened death metal...This comes from their only cd release - a compilation from 1998 with tracks from their early 90's period.
Perfect blend of typical 90's US blackened death metal with lots of creepy keyboards. It's hardly known, so it's still relatively easy to find for few dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Tx5DNW3n8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYSzjAUeUuY

This cd is great. They were from here, two of the members went on to form Night Conquers Day and one of them is the guy behind Tearstained. Interesting fact: the vocals on but one song were rerecorded for this compilation. One of the early vocalists was also briefly in a very early incarnation of Mastodon. Took a bit of searching to find this, years ago it seemed like it was more difficult to find but I have seen copies pop up online from time to time. Definitely worth checking out.

FlynnEatsBreakfast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:45 am 

Holy crap, thank you to whoever posted Sarcastic Terror. Sounds like a slightly polished Moondark with a bit more groove, I love it.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:38 am 

got me a copy of that Buried Beneath coming to me from Italy. pleased to say the least. can't wait to listen to the entire comp now.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:29 pm 

Since i posted that Buried Beneath album a couple of days ago, all three copies for sale on Discogs are gone :-P
Coincidence?

mornox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:06 pm 

Nope, one of those was bought by me yesterday. Although I rarely post, I still lurk around and saw your post. So, thanks for the recommendation. :D

Managed to snag decently priced copies of Killing Addiction, Mordicus, Morbius first two albums and Morgue (the one from Illinois) along with it, so it was a good weekend for my death metal collection.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:29 pm 

mornox wrote:
Managed to snag decently priced copies of Killing Addiction, Mordicus, Morbius first two albums and Morgue (the one from Illinois) along with it, so it was a good weekend for my death metal collection.

Define "decently priced" on that one please. :p

mornox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:45 pm 

androdion wrote:
mornox wrote:

Define "decently priced" on that one please. :p

Heh, 45 euros. :p I've seen it go for a lot more than that, though. It's funny how your perspective on prices can change when you go from being a student, to having a normal income (and metal is really the only non-essential I pay much money for, so that skews my perspective as well, I guess).

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:01 pm 

You're quite right on that assessment. When you're working at a stable job you can even dare buying some of those prohibitively priced albums. ;)

For 45€? So you bought the reissue with the demo/EP material?! Still a decent price since that reissue is fetching a bit of a high price.

mornox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:29 pm 

Yeah, I got the Temple of Darkness reissue, which has been on my buy-list for about two years now, but on the rare occassion that it was for sale at all, it was for a price that I consider way the hell too much (like 70+ euros or something). So, this is one of those albums where I just suck up a 45 euro price point.

Though I just checked, and there is one other copy of it for sale on discogs for 50 euros, so anyone who wants it, it really doesn't get very much cheaper, and this'll probably be gone before the week is out.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:38 pm 

Sure, it can be hard to give away 45€ for a recent reissue, but when you're after it for that long a price below 50€ seems more appealing than it would normally be.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:21 pm 

Helvede wrote:
Since i posted that Buried Beneath album a couple of days ago, all three copies for sale on Discogs are gone :-P
Coincidence?

I was one of the other ones who went to discogs. haha.

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:41 am 

just a small few of the latest gems i found lately...

This last one from Suffer, Is probably my most RARE/Special item i have in my collection. This is the only excisting Promo tape, Which contains, the Unreleased song "Wrong Side of Life". The song was recorded together with "On Sour Ground" which was released on a 7" back in 1991. This Tape was created and send out to a Fanzine, back in 92 by the singer/guitarist of Suffer Joakim "Jocke" Öhman. And now its in my hands.
I Got in contact with members of Suffer. (Per Karlsson "Perre") And he and Jocke confirmed. This was the only one, Handmade and contains a total different version of Wrong side, then the one who was re-recorded for their MCD Global Warming. It will also appear in the next episode of Return of Swedish Death Metal by Nicolo Constatini. Which wrote in his book. That this song was never released. And Probably never will be.. :)

One hell of a Gem i say...

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:26 am 

So great hauls Marmer

"You make it easy."

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 am 

The Lions Den wrote:
So great hauls Marmer

Thnx a lot. There was more. But these i had to show.

heavymetalbanger1989
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:42 pm 

Marmer wrote:
just a small few of the latest gems i found lately...

This last one from Suffer, Is probably my most RARE/Special item i have in my collection. This is the only excisting Promo tape, Which contains, the Unreleased song "Wrong Side of Life". The song was recorded together with "On Sour Ground" which was released on a 7" back in 1991. This Tape was created and send out to a Fanzine, back in 92 by the singer/guitarist of Suffer Joakim "Jocke" Öhman. And now its in my hands.
I Got in contact with members of Suffer. (Per Karlsson "Perre") And he and Jocke confirmed. This was the only one, Handmade and contains a total different version of Wrong side, then the one who was re-recorded for their MCD Global Warming. It will also appear in the next episode of Return of Swedish Death Metal by Nicolo Constatini. Which wrote in his book. That this song was never released. And Probably never will be.. :)

One hell of a Gem i say...

Where did you find that Eulogy cd?

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:18 pm 

from Voices...

"In March 2015 Mighty Music will re-release INIQUITY's 1996 debut full length "Serenadium". It will be remastered and features a couple of bonus tracks."

"You make it easy."

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 pm 

Was this one ever mentioned?

Ever Dark - Armageddon's Birth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBiM28Bm1P4

Another nice US blackened death metal...Americans do this to perfection, and though this one is not an a-lister, it's definitely worth to track down.
This track is just crushing.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:55 am 

INCANTATION - Entrantment Of Evil

OUT FEBRUARY 2015 ON HELLS HEADBANGERS. Comes with a large poster of the cover artwork.

At long last, HELLS HEADBANGERS is proud to present INCANTATION's Entrantment of Evil for the first time on 12" vinyl. THE record that launched INCANTATION onto the worldwide death metal scene and thus their first step toward legendary status, Entrantment of Evil was first released in 1990 on 7" vinyl by Seraphic Decay Records and then by Relapse Records a year later, again on 7" vinyl. Both of the time and also prefiguring death metal's future, Entrantment of Evil is a sinister, surging, slithering beast of pure malevolence. Although primitive compared to INCANTATION's later works, its hammering attack is deliberately that way, and works to its advantage in creating an atmosphere of evil and unease. The record is also remarkable for featuring MORITCIAN's Will Rahmer on vocals - the only INCANTATION he appears on, in fact. Included in this 12" vinyl pressing is an exclusive bonus track, and silkscreened art on side B.

a must have indeed :evil:

"You make it easy."

banishedtolive420
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:32 am 

The Lions Den wrote:

INCANTATION - Entrantment Of Evil

OUT FEBRUARY 2015 ON HELLS HEADBANGERS. Comes with a large poster of the cover artwork.

At long last, HELLS HEADBANGERS is proud to present INCANTATION's Entrantment of Evil for the first time on 12" vinyl. THE record that launched INCANTATION onto the worldwide death metal scene and thus their first step toward legendary status, Entrantment of Evil was first released in 1990 on 7" vinyl by Seraphic Decay Records and then by Relapse Records a year later, again on 7" vinyl. Both of the time and also prefiguring death metal's future, Entrantment of Evil is a sinister, surging, slithering beast of pure malevolence. Although primitive compared to INCANTATION's later works, its hammering attack is deliberately that way, and works to its advantage in creating an atmosphere of evil and unease. The record is also remarkable for featuring MORITCIAN's Will Rahmer on vocals - the only INCANTATION he appears on, in fact. Included in this 12" vinyl pressing is an exclusive bonus track, and silkscreened art on side B.

a must have indeed :evil:

very cool

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:50 pm 

Quick look through the thread and I didn't see Phlegm (USA) mentioned. Apologies if I overlooked it and this is a re-post.

This came out in '91 and, aside from a few prior demos, is all they released. Vicious and noisy as fuck death metal. The last song is a 7+ minute monster that has some great doomy sections. If you like your death metal squeaky clean then you'll probably hate this. If you like it disgusting and primal then this should be right up your alley.

Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

TheCryptologist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:56 pm 

Anyone else remember Demigod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo7uMVDpbIE

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:57 pm 

Yea like everyone here just about esp since it's linked on the first page, crypt.

Hell dlfjd, i didn't know Phlegm till one of my bands were compared to them in a review so I had to seek them out... was quite pleased to get that praise to say the least.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:22 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Hell dlfjd, i didn't know Phlegm till one of my bands were compared to them in a review so I had to seek them out... was quite pleased to get that praise to say the least.

Haha that's high praise in my book!!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:38 pm 

it def kept me motivated to do more

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:28 am 

"Hi i need your help guys, PESTIGORE give me the rights to release all stuff from this masters of old school death metal, but they dont have the original master tapes, can anyone help to burn those demos? i dont have any, please spread the word.
Dave"

Dark Blasphemies needs help to do it.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Pestigore/36114

"You make it easy."

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:02 am 

Serious? Who is waiting for these demos of pestigore then?? damn. let them invest in new bands. instead of all this old none saying stuff.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:35 am 

I did a search, and it did come up with one result from a Lithuanian poster, but this may have been passed over as blind patriotic pimping. So I want to re-post what is surely some pretty obscure, quality tech death off Blackmark records, 1995. Ghostorm... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2HJy00AryE

I wanted to post some local old school tech death from my town, Falciform, but couldn't find anything online. If anyone wants to hear some, PM me, I have it in MP3 to share.

Velihan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:20 pm 

Mixture of Thrash and Death metal from early '90's, from Finland. Released only one 7" EP and LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lSCwZy905c

Velihan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:41 pm 

Caricature, another band from my old home town from early '90's. Released only three demos. The last one was more Cathedral style and then changed name to Rite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztiiIZTHjZY

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:21 pm 

The Morpheus Descends Anthology cd/DVD box sets are nearing sold out status. They are shipping now.

mornox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:41 pm 

ogmetal wrote:
The Morpheus Descends Anthology cd/DVD box sets are nearing sold out status. They are shipping now.

You'd think more people would be raving about this? I just put the first disc on for the first time, and unholy crap, their reputation is completely deserved! What an absolute monster of an album! The two new tracks they recorded last year are of the same high caliber as well, so that promises good things for the future.

Also love everything about the box itself; high class as fuck! You've really outdone yourself with this one!

Damn, that was a lot of exclamation marks. Deserved, though. Godsdamnit, such skull-crushing riffs!

ogmetal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:50 pm 

Yeah, people around this forum don't seem to care but we have about 150 copies left only. This is their entire collection including the new tracks (which will be available separately as a 7"). When these are gone, it will not be re pressed in this convenient package. Single separate CD releases. The new tracks aren't slated for CD other than this box.

Thanks for your words. Real happy with how it turned out as well. The band put a lot of hard work in on it and Sam and I spent a lot of hours in text and on the phone going over things with the layout. That process took a few months alone. I had a nice vision of how I wanted this to look and it turned out perfect.

Unaerth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:31 am 

Really looking forward to getting my copy of Morpheus D in the mail. THANKS again for doing this!

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:01 am 

Is there any european distribution on the MD disco?

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:53 am 

Marmer wrote:

Iron bonehead

mornox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:59 am 

Marmer wrote:

Memento Mori is the European distributor of all DD releases. A very fast and trustworthy label/distro. The guy running it is superfriendly as well. I'm not seeing it in the store, so you'll have to email Raul personally.

ogmetal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:41 pm 

Memento Mori sold all their copies. Iron Bonehead, Xtreem and Me Saco Un Ojo still have copies.

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:08 am 

ogmetal wrote:
Memento Mori sold all their copies. Iron Bonehead, Xtreem and Me Saco Un Ojo still have copies.

thnx all i get one from iron bonehead then. Within germany its just great

Iron1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:08 am 

Anyone remember Ripping Corpse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_m__5LbSUo

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ripping_Corpse/3007

Scott was one of my buds, awesome guy and man did they rip it up on stage. I think I still have one of their shirts around here somewhere.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next