Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:17 pm 

Goathammer - Born of Avernus

Ferocious, filthy, blackened, grime-encrusted and vicious. Some of the most hostile and suffocating music I've listened to in a while, sitting somewhere between oldschool death metal, black metal and bestial black/death metal - they were just added to the archives earlier, but damn I can see them catching on. I recommend them thoroughly.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:47 pm 

Spoiler: show
Perdition666 wrote:
I've been fortunate to have only got stung 3 times over the last 2 years. I can see duty being a serious disincentive for Europeans. If I got stung duty on every order, I probably would be ordering from Europe more :lol: I guess places like SA Music, Rockstakk, Disk Heaven, etc are more able to get past customs - plus they ship via air mail, as opposed to EMS. Not sure why my 6 CD orders via EMS from HMV Japan never get charged duty, so I think I'll just keep doing those - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have a bunch of stuff coming probably early next week. I have some stuff from a shopping service run including more Iron Attack and that LionDigitaLiz and I have an HMV Japan order consisting of that No Limited Spiral (melodeath), Asura (power metal/J-pop), Ghost Harlem (J-Rock?), and Aphasia (one of the older all-girl hm/hr bands over there).

Some of my stuff is still sitting on backorder which is delaying everything else. HMV extended the wait time to 8-15 days on those, so I guess nobody else will be deceived like me. :lol: Shouldn't be a big deal though since all of that stuff is just on order from Gargoyle's label, First Cell, and the website says they're all still in stock. Curiously enough, HMV doesn't carry their “Kisho” or “Kurromitten” for some reason (CDJapan does, so that's not a big deal).[/quote]

Quote:
Not sure what genre Ghost Harlem falls under, but I liked the PV enough to order both of their CDs:

I did like how there was a dirty, punkish tone in the guitars despite the clean, crisp production. Eh, the breakdown though is definitely not my thing. :lol: It's not bad though.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing their guitarists contribute more - seems weird having a metal band where the guitarists don't write much. Kuroneko penned some of the ballads, plus a couple of their more power metal-ish songs.

That is rather weird now that you mention it. I'm pretty sure the majority of songwriters end up either being the vocalist or the guitarist.

Quote:
Did you ever go back and watch that live of that I sent you? :P It has a pretty wicked drum solo on it. Prog rarely, if ever, has that level of energy - its almost bizarre.

Admitedly, I forgot to give it a look until you brought it up just now.

Passion is basically jazz, so I'm not sure about calling that one prog. :lol: That drum solo was straight up jazz and quite good.

Quote:
Its grown on me a bit, but I've only played it 3 times. There's definitely some Light Bringer elements at play here. Ibuki wrote all the music and lyrics. I think Michiru's vocals are more cute/girly. Ibuki can wail ok. When she was Destrose's support vocalist after Marina left, I didn't think she had to voice to cover her songs, but after listening to Around the Nation, they actually have similar voices (Marina is more shrieky though).

I'm sure I'll like it if it ends up feeling like “Dance Bringer” like the preview seems to indicate.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind getting Fadista (even at a semi-high price), but god ordering digipaks is always a bigtime source of stress. Imagine spending $100+ and having it come damaged. Ughh....

Fadista didn't seem too bad pricewise last time I checked, but I have no idea why Solitude is so damn expensive. At least Siegfried is still around, I should grab that one of these days.

Quote:
Oh, Bridear posted a live clip - they're pretty solid live:

I'm hoping/expecting them to release something later this year.

Admittedly, this is quite a bit heavier than I anticipated. I'd love to see them release EP or album as well.

Gargoyle – ぴいちくぱあちく

Gotta love how the chorus consists of Kiba yelling at you to shutup. One of their best straight-up thrash tracks.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:36 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
Some of my stuff is still sitting on backorder which is delaying everything else. HMV extended the wait time to 8-15 days on those, so I guess nobody else will be deceived like me. :lol: Shouldn't be a big deal though since all of that stuff is just on order from Gargoyle's label, First Cell, and the website says they're all still in stock. Curiously enough, HMV doesn't carry their “Kisho” or “Kurromitten” for some reason (CDJapan does, so that's not a big deal).

I had to get the new Danger Gang and Skywings from CD Japan. Not sure why HMV doesn't carry a couple Skywings CDs or Tenrin's debut. If something is a risk of backorder, sometimes I'll get it from CD Japan (and vice versa). I had some Inugami Circus-Dan CDs which were on backorder come in stock pretty fast. I guess you have to factor in how big the label they're on and if they're in stock at the physical chain stores (there's a way to check product availability in stores there). Mind you, some independent stuff can come in fast despite being on "backorder", and other times they can't stock it at all.

Quote:
I did like how there was a dirty, punkish tone in the guitars despite the clean, crisp production. Eh, the breakdown though is definitely not my thing. :lol: It's not bad though.

Normally I hate breakdowns, but they way they did it didn't bother me too much. It was more for groove as opposed to trying to stir up a brotard moshpit or something. They have a song called "PINK or DIE" (caps in original) lol True to VK form, their guitarist is a guy and the bassist is a chick.

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing their guitarists contribute more - seems weird having a metal band where the guitarists don't write much. Kuroneko penned some of the ballads, plus a couple of their more power metal-ish songs.

That is rather weird now that you mention it. I'm pretty sure the majority of songwriters end up either being the vocalist or the guitarist.

That's why bands like Albion (well, before Rino left) and Mahatma were odd because their drummers wrote a lot of the songs. Over here, we have bands like Iron Maiden and Manowar where the bassist writes a lot of the material.

I'm sure with a lot of Japanese bands, the bassists probably write their own lines.

Quote:
Quote:
Did you ever go back and watch that live of that I sent you? :P It has a pretty wicked drum solo on it. Prog rarely, if ever, has that level of energy - its almost bizarre.

Admitedly, I forgot to give it a look until you brought it up just now.

Passion is basically jazz, so I'm not sure about calling that one prog. :lol: That drum solo was straight up jazz and quite good.

Jazz is as much of a snoozefest as prog :lol: But yeah, some of their stuff is pretty much jazz (or jazz-rock... fusion?) I will never get over how Japan can have bands like these with female vocalists who are totally into it. There have been prog bands over here with female vocals, but its pretty... uninspired/boring.

Quote:
Quote:
Its grown on me a bit, but I've only played it 3 times. There's definitely some Light Bringer elements at play here. Ibuki wrote all the music and lyrics. I think Michiru's vocals are more cute/girly. Ibuki can wail ok. When she was Destrose's support vocalist after Marina left, I didn't think she had to voice to cover her songs, but after listening to Around the Nation, they actually have similar voices (Marina is more shrieky though).

I'm sure I'll like it if it ends up feeling like “Dance Bringer” like the preview seems to indicate.

Wasn't quite as dancy as I expected, but it was pretty poppy at any rate. If google translate is correct, it looks like Kazu (Art of Gradation) may be performing with them live or something.

Here's another band that shares a member with Around the Nation (not sure which one) and I think Actroid's ex-drummer is their support drummer:

I found them to be pretty good pop/rock/whatever - good enough to buy the CD at any rate. Scary how interrelated these bands are - this one tours with quite a few metal bands I listen to.

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't mind getting Fadista (even at a semi-high price), but god ordering digipaks is always a bigtime source of stress. Imagine spending $100+ and having it come damaged. Ughh....

Fadista didn't seem too bad pricewise last time I checked, but I have no idea why Solitude is so damn expensive. At least Siegfried is still around, I should grab that one of these days.

Fadista is usually around 50, I think... but Solitude is over 200 usually. And its a newer album. Maybe there were less copies pressed or something? I still think I'm gonna hold out for reissues. Thankfully Siegfried is in print and probably will be for awhile - stuff on "Bang the Head" records seems to stay in print for awhile.

Quote:
Oh, Bridear posted a live clip - they're pretty solid live:

I'm hoping/expecting them to release something later this year.

Admittedly, this is quite a bit heavier than I anticipated. I'd love to see them release EP or album as well.[/quote]
They did release a MCD "Overturn the Doom" late last December - definitely worth getting. If you can find the single "Thread of the Light", I'd advise getting that too - the version of the A side is a bit different than the MCD version - its quite a bit heavier (its the version used in the PV, the MCD version is more polished/melodic). The B-side "Roulette" is really cool too. Their demo CDr "Pray" I wouldn't get too worked up getting - both songs are on the MCD and are improved on. Its a cool thing to own though - I snagged it from Disk Heaven last year for pretty cheap.

The problem with these 2 EPs are - I played both of them over 30 times, so once I got the MCD, I was already burnt out on those songs.

I pre-ordered that DenKare box set ("Red Box") via Noppin - fuck I want that bad. Like almost as much as Light Bringer and Onmyo-Za :lol: First disc is a collection of stuff from soundtracks and whatnot, the other is an original full-length. Despite them keeping their identities secret, they did a PV haha

I like how you can't see any of the band members :lol: Makes me wonder how they do lives (they did do a concert a couple years ago and have an upcoming one).

Aldious "Megalomaniac"

Surprisingly raw and aggressive, with a pretty nice solo section.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:53 am 

themicrulah wrote:
Execration - Unction

Odes of the Occult is a great album! It has the great old-school organic production coupled with the music which is a mix of old school and just modern developments on the old school black/death sound. Very good!

And that's what I'm listening to right now. Hopefully the new album will match this one in terms of quality

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:16 am 

Grave Digger - Satan's Host

Boltendahl screaming "Suck my dick!!" is just fucking hilarious! This album kicks so much ass.

Like your reviews?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:41 am 

Cannibal Corpse - Gallery of Suicide

The moment in the song where it busts into the initial burst of blasting is among the all time greatest moments in any death metal song.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:15 am 

Oathbreaker - Fate Is High

This is some mean female-fronted hardcore. Absolutely loving the Mælstrøm album and I hear the 2013 follow-up is even better. Thanks Tony for hooking me up with this.

Metal_Jaw
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:26 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Cannibal Corpse - Scourge of Iron

A strong contender for the heaviest song in the entire fucking universe.

Without a doubt my favorite CC song currently :headbang:

As for me, "Grave Desecrator" by Grave Digger. Just another great track off another great album by Grave Digger.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:34 pm 

Unlord: Gladiator

just love this band. I feel they don't get enough praise. Also love how it's almost like grind black metal in the sense of the constant stream of upfront blast beats instead of where other bands have constant blast beats but they are more of a backing while it seems here that they are the driving force. also helps that the drums are punchy as fuck to push them out there.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:38 pm 

Falkenbach - Asa [album]

First time listening to the new(ish) album. Clearly it's business as usual in the Falkenbach camp, this sounds very much as accustomed - not in an unpleasant way, but the tracks are certainly on the short side; not too many epic sagas here.

Necrostalker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:01 pm 

Manilla Road - The Fires of Mars

Never listened MR before , and i´m loving . Specially the Mark of the Beast album .

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:09 am 

Twisted Tower Dire - At Night

An all time favorite! Gets me singing/air drumming/air guitarring every time.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:37 am 

Autopsy - Tourniquets, Hacksaws and Graves

One of the most consistent bands out there, 27 years and still going strong.
Reifert is an absolute beast on the track 'Burial'.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:24 am 

Cauldron Black Ram - Maw

Fucking cool black metal hearkening back to Hellhammer with shades of Venom, early Morbid Angel and other bands like those. Really good.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:13 am 

Imperium Dekadenz - Ocean, Mountains Mirror

I shouldn't like Imperium Dekadenz, but I do. They're overly melodic and have almost no variety regarding playing technique. But they know how to sustain a certain hypnotic mood.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:12 am 

Cradle of Filth - Dusk and Her Embrace (title track)

This song has ridiculous vocals, and it might have stolen the Meow Mix jingle. Somehow it manages to be awesome anyway.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:51 pm 

Hibria "Silent Revenge"

The chug lord on wheels. Actually, this album isn't that horrible, but its a far cry from their debut.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:14 pm 

Deafheaven - Dream House

Still absolutely love this song even a year after Sunbather came out.

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:38 pm 

Ade - "Mars's Unpredictable Favour" from Spartacus

This album is turning out to be a much more enjoyable listen than what I was expecting. Definitely a nice surprise and I'm sure I will be revisiting it again.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:44 pm 

Insomnium - While We Sleep

My first exposure to this band. It's insane how influenced by Amorphis they are. Love it.

BreedingtheSpawn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:00 pm 

Atlantean Kodex- The White Goddess CD

An outstanding release, favorite song Enthroned in Clouds and Fire.

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:35 pm 

Blut aus Nord - Epitome XIV

Cosmosophy is my least-listened to album of the 777 trilogy, but it's quickly becoming my favorite. Hooooooly fuck. Evocative, chilling, haunting, and totally foreign like most of his work (inspired by THE work). Profound organic emotions are being invoked, despite the cold and mechanical atmosphere of this music. Amazing release!

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

Rasc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:58 pm 

Gulag - Against Us

Why did people take so long to come up with RABM?

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:24 am 

Amiensus-Thanatos

Love the keys and vocals in thing song. An impressive debut from a very talented band mixing a little bit of black metal with progressive and atmospheric stuff.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:41 am 

Atlantean Kodex - Heresiarch

Been jonesing for this but looking for the right "mood" to listen to it in...oh man this is something. Such passion and fire behind it. I don't think I could even do it justice in a review.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:07 am 

Decapitated - Blessed

Early Decapitated ftw! :headbang:

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:36 am 

Naumachia - "Inward Spiral" from Black Sun Rising

I continuously find myself coming back to this album again and again. At first I found the synths to be way too prevalent and overused, but they too have grown on me as this album has in it's entirety

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:49 pm 

Ningen-Isu - Burai Houjou

Holy fuck! What have I been missing?? This album is a masterpiece.

Like your reviews?

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 pm 

^^^ Yeah, and they have a fuck-ton of albums too!

Adrastea "Sleep of Insomnia"

Really nice female-fronted symphonic power metal. Considering this is just a debut single, I'm very curious to see what they'll sound like in a few years.

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:21 pm 

Attic - "Funeral in The Woods" from The Invocation

Blatant King Diamond and Mercyful Fate worship, but a fun listen nonetheless.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:55 pm 

Black Tide - Shockwave

I forgot how infectious this song is.

metaller92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:16 am 

Amon - Eye Of The Infinite

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:20 am 

Saor-Childen of the mist

Shitty production but the music is SO good, awesome celtic arrangements.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:55 am 

Skelator-The Wrath of Odin's Sons

I've been really loving this band lately, totally sounds like they could of been from the 80's. Probably best modern Epic Metal band in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqkhZyN_FiA

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:16 am 

Maniac Matis wrote:
Blut aus Nord - Epitome XIV

Cosmosophy is my least-listened to album of the 777 trilogy, but it's quickly becoming my favorite. Hooooooly fuck. Evocative, chilling, haunting, and totally foreign like most of his work (inspired by THE work). Profound organic emotions are being invoked, despite the cold and mechanical atmosphere of this music. Amazing release!

Totally agree here with this, it's my pick of the three as well.

Ifing - The Stream

Seriously cool release, epic pagan (black) metal that is just fucking glorious! :metal:

My collection

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:33 am 

Steel Prophet - Death of Innocence

Really quiet production that sort of neuters the material, and it isn't as direct or catchy as the later shit. Still interesting though...could grow on me, we'll see.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:15 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
I had to get the new Danger Gang and Skywings from CD Japan. Not sure why HMV doesn't carry a couple Skywings CDs or Tenrin's debut. If something is a risk of backorder, sometimes I'll get it from CD Japan (and vice versa). I had some Inugami Circus-Dan CDs which were on backorder come in stock pretty fast. I guess you have to factor in how big the label they're on and if they're in stock at the physical chain stores (there's a way to check product availability in stores there). Mind you, some independent stuff can come in fast despite being on "backorder", and other times they can't stock it at all.

Yeah, it just seems like a toss-up to me. That Versailles EP was on backorder, but came in on the same day somehow. Basically everything I ordered was ready in like a day except for that Gargoyle stuff (which is still on order sadly). Well, the estimated delivery date was the 17th so I shouldn’t have to wait much longer now. I wonder how long it takes for them to import from Korea. I just realized that they carry a couple of Misty Blue (K-Indie) albums that I thought were long out of print.
Quote:
Normally I hate breakdowns, but they way they did it didn't bother me too much. It was more for groove as opposed to trying to stir up a brotard moshpit or something. They have a song called "PINK or DIE" (caps in original) lol True to VK form, their guitarist is a guy and the bassist is a chick.

Eh, I think The Fall of Troy is the only band to do a core-breakdown that I can comfortably say I liked. They’re a weird band regardless.

Quote:
Wasn't quite as dancy as I expected, but it was pretty poppy at any rate. If google translate is correct, it looks like Kazu (Art of Gradation) may be performing with them live or something.

Here's another band that shares a member with Around the Nation (not sure which one) and I think Actroid's ex-drummer is their support drummer:

I found them to be pretty good pop/rock/whatever - good enough to buy the CD at any rate. Scary how interrelated these bands are - this one tours with quite a few metal bands I listen to.

I wonder how these people manage to juggle so many different bands around. It must be tiring.
Quote:
Fadista is usually around 50, I think... but Solitude is over 200 usually. And its a newer album. Maybe there were less copies pressed or something? I still think I'm gonna hold out for reissues. Thankfully Siegfried is in print and probably will be for awhile - stuff on "Bang the Head" records seems to stay in print for awhile.

Hopefully Solitude will be reissued at some point. Fadista’s price doesn’t bother me too much. Man, I’m way more liberal with my money when it comes to this stuff; it’s a little scary sometimes. :lol:

Quote:
They did release a MCD "Overturn the Doom" late last December - definitely worth getting. If you can find the single "Thread of the Light", I'd advise getting that too - the version of the A side is a bit different than the MCD version - its quite a bit heavier (its the version used in the PV, the MCD version is more polished/melodic). The B-side "Roulette" is really cool too. Their demo CDr "Pray" I wouldn't get too worked up getting - both songs are on the MCD and are improved on. Its a cool thing to own though - I snagged it from Disk Heaven last year for pretty cheap.
The problem with these 2 EPs are - I played both of them over 30 times, so once I got the MCD, I was already burnt out on those songs.

I don’t really think that I’ll bother with the singles anytime soon, but I did forget about “Overturn the Doom.” That’ll definitely be worth grabbing.

Quote:
I pre-ordered that DenKare box set ("Red Box") via Noppin - fuck I want that bad. Like almost as much as Light Bringer and Onmyo-Za :lol: First disc is a collection of stuff from soundtracks and whatnot, the other is an original full-length. Despite them keeping their identities secret, they did a PV haha

I like how you can't see any of the band members :lol: Makes me wonder how they do lives (they did do a concert a couple years ago and have an upcoming one).

Keeping yourself hidden in a PV? This is like the exact opposite of what you’re supposed to do. :lol: Pretty solid track.

Jizue - Island

Really awesome piano-driven jazzy post rock or something like that. They've got a new album coming out soon as well.

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:48 pm 

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

I don't like what they did to it live, but the studio version is still one of the finest pieces of heavy metal on Earth! That fast section in the end is so epic, and the solos are beyond words. I like Janick Gers, but he ruins one of Adrian Smith's finest solos when they do this number live.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:49 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
Perdition666 wrote:

Yeah, it just seems like a toss-up to me. That Versailles EP was on backorder, but came in on the same day somehow. Basically everything I ordered was ready in like a day except for that Gargoyle stuff (which is still on order sadly). Well, the estimated delivery date was the 17th so I shouldn’t have to wait much longer now. I wonder how long it takes for them to import from Korea. I just realized that they carry a couple of Misty Blue (K-Indie) albums that I thought were long out of print.

That one Aphasia I ordered is on hopeless backorder at the moment, along with 2 Taia CDs. I think it went OOP or something, so I probably should make a point of getting it pronto before its price skyrockets. I have 2 Inugami Circus Dan singles on backorder, one of them I'm probably gonna have to cancel because it'll be tying up that order with the new Fairy Mirror on it. I have Re:NO (Aldious' vocalist) on that and I'm debating if I even want it or not, due to the sample I heard - pop. Crappy, western-ish pop. Yuck lol

Quote:
I wonder how these people manage to juggle so many different bands around. It must be tiring.

They all must be workaholics or something. Also, they're probably all working regular jobs too. I guess Japan is easier to tour than over here.

Quote:
Quote:

Hopefully Solitude will be reissued at some point. Fadista’s price doesn’t bother me too much. Man, I’m way more liberal with my money when it comes to this stuff; it’s a little scary sometimes. :lol:

I've been pretty stupid with money lately too haha Yet I'm cheap as fuck when it comes to western crap. I keep nailing stuff on Yahoo auction, yet I can't motivate myself to order Grave Digger's latest album, and they're supposedly one of my favorite bands.

Quote:
Quote:

I don’t really think that I’ll bother with the singles anytime soon, but I did forget about “Overturn the Doom.” That’ll definitely be worth grabbing.

If you ever do an order from SA Music, that Thread of the Light single is worth getting and its not that expensive. Like 500 yen.

Oh, Albion posted a demo of a new song:

Seems a bit more atmospheric than usual and kinda reminded me of Tears of Tragedy. I enjoyed it, at any rate. I'm sure the drums are programmed and I'm guessing Eita is doing the guitars.

Quote:
Quote:

Keeping yourself hidden in a PV? This is like the exact opposite of what you’re supposed to do. :lol: Pretty solid track.

Did you ever see their band photo on their M-A page? Fucking hilarious. I really wonder what they do with lives? Have the lighting just avoid their heads or something? This is like the worst kept secret in Japan or something lol

Tears of Tragedy "Continuation of the Dream"

Really nice stuff. I don't think I'll ever get used to the mastering job though (possibly the most brickwalled CD in my collection), but at least it doesn't cause me physical pain anymore.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:46 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
That one Aphasia I ordered is on hopeless backorder at the moment, along with 2 Taia CDs. I think it went OOP or something, so I probably should make a point of getting it pronto before its price skyrockets. I have 2 Inugami Circus Dan singles on backorder, one of them I'm probably gonna have to cancel because it'll be tying up that order with the new Fairy Mirror on it. I have Re:NO (Aldious' vocalist) on that and I'm debating if I even want it or not, due to the sample I heard - pop. Crappy, western-ish pop. Yuck lol

Ugh, I hate that crap. One thing Japan definitely can’t do well is emulate western styles. It almost always comes out bad. Just be Japanese in your writing. :lol: It’s why I listen to the stuff in the first place; I don’t want poor imitations of already-bad western pop.

Quote:
They all must be workaholics or something. Also, they're probably all working regular jobs too. I guess Japan is easier to tour than over here.

I think Japan has some of longest workdays in the world. I think USA is up there too, but we’re not afraid to give the finger to our employers. :lol:

Quote:
I've been pretty stupid with money lately too haha Yet I'm cheap as fuck when it comes to western crap. I keep nailing stuff on Yahoo auction, yet I can't motivate myself to order Grave Digger's latest album, and they're supposedly one of my favorite bands.

Yeah, it doesn’t help that I’ve actually managed to find some albums that I thought I would never find and resort to downloading. Maybe I’ve just gotten better at searching. Luckily, most of these fall under the vague category of “K-Indie” and are actually normal CD prices. What little I’ve heard of this stuff; I’ve liked quite a bit. Somewhere between rock and pop without being trash like mainstream kpop tends to be.

Quote:
If you ever do an order from SA Music, that Thread of the Light single is worth getting and its not that expensive. Like 500 yen.

Oh, Albion posted a demo of a new song:

Seems a bit more atmospheric than usual and kinda reminded me of Tears of Tragedy. I enjoyed it, at any rate. I'm sure the drums are programmed and I'm guessing Eita is doing the guitars.

That is definitely not a real snare. Not even close. Good song though; it needs some obvious work, but it’ll fit right in. I guess they’ll do alright without Rina.

Quote:
Did you ever see their band photo on their M-A page? Fucking hilarious. I really wonder what they do with lives? Have the lighting just avoid their heads or something? This is like the worst kept secret in Japan or something lol

Yeah, I did see that photo. :lol: Maybe they just wear weird masks or something onstage? I don’t imagine they put in that much effort since everybody already knows who the vocalist is.

The Melody – Crazy

This track instantly clicked the first I heard it years ago. Upbeat, poppy and catchy and just plain fun to listen too. Taru also has one of her best vocal performances on this track. Only if I could find this one on CD.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1467, 1468, 1469, 1470, 1471, 1472, 1473 ... 2916  Next