* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:10 pm 

Regarding The Wire:

Spoiler: show
I think this death is just another great way of showing how the city collapses, if there's not even respect for an urban legend like Omar anymore. I really love this idea, couldn't be more fitting for a show like The Wire.

Speaking of The Wire: I finished the first season of Treme, the follow-up project of David Simon. Great to see some familiar faces like Wendell Pierce and Clarke Peters, and also Kim Dickens. Again, the show picks up rather slowly and I would have thought it be bleaker, but then again, I also didn't know it was so fully packed with (wonderful) music. It's just really a community/culture I wasn't familiar with before, so some actions seemed rather strange to me at first, but by and by I learned to understand how these people tick.

Too bad John Goodman's character was killed off at the end of the season. His Youtube rants could have become a running gag.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:23 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Yeah! It's almost as if she's obviously not dead and Will is baiting Hannibal like he said he would. (Are you capable of critical thinking/interpreting evidence?)

Ok if she is alive, he would not have kidnapped her. They didn't just play act as he smashed her car and she sprayed mace in his face and she was genuinely scared for her life. They would have worked something out together so Will wouldn't have had to attack her as they were already collaborating together in private. The fact that she called Jack so he heard her screams was purely by chance and not staged. That's why my initial reaction watching this was that he killed her cause he wouldn't kidnap her as it makes zero sense unless you are doing it for the sake of the audience which is stupid. The meat was most likely human as Hannibal knows his meat and Will would not have taken that chance. It is probable that the meat belonged to the meat stored in the barn where he began to abduct the woman but I don't see how Will would cook and eat it without even flinching like that. I'm also curious as to what building that was where the head was staged on the animal skeleton. It looked like a church but there were iron gates that made it look kind of like a dungeon. Security? Hmmm. I can read critical evidence. I'm sorry but I don't buy it, just too far fetched for me but like I said I will keep watching hoping it reduces the far-fetched stuff. The show just strikes me as trying way too hard now to be clever. Watching Silence of the Lambs again the other day was refreshing as it was very clever but also controlled.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:46 am 

So those new 24 episodes, eh? Cheesy and silly as ever, but always entertaining. I just watch to see Jack Bauer being both a supreme badass and a miserable tortured soul, and it delivered. :nods: The last seasons were kind of bad and it had overstayed its welcome, but a few years break probably did it some good because that was pretty entertaining.

Also, Stephen Fry, Michael Wincott (dat voice :love:), Michelle Fairley and her badass version of Sansa Stark, fuck yeah!

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:14 pm 

'Gotham' is a Batman-prequel series which will air this coming September. It looks pretty good at face value and definitely better than Marvel's Agents of Shield.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:12 pm 

Agents of Shield has gotten good since like 6 or 7 episodes, the ending of the season will be pretty damn good!

I highly encourage everyone to watch Silicon Valley, it's awesome!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:19 pm 

I watched the first episode of SV but so far it was just alright. Kind of funny but at the same time not particularly intriguing, and the "romantic" thing with the girl that seems like it's obviously going to happen seems pretty painful and tedious. I'll probably keep going with a few more episodes later on though, just to see if it gets better.

lastdodobird
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:12 am 

Hey folks, I'm looking for 7 shows to follow (because I have more or less only time to watch 1 episode a day), and so far I have only four:

Suits
Game of Thrones
Mad Men
Fargo

Any suggestions for what currently-airing shows I can add to that list?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:48 am 

Orphan Black
Hell on Wheels

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

lastdodobird
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:22 am 

I watched the first handful of episodes from Orphan Black before losing interest in it a few months ago. Might be a good idea to pick up where I stopped, yeah.

Haven't heard anything about Hell on Wheels though.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:24 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I highly encourage everyone to watch Silicon Valley, it's awesome!

So I heard. A friend told me about it too and that it's created by Mike Judge, the same dude behind the Beavis and Butthead series from the 90s. Since it's relatively new, I'll get up to speed with it over this weekend.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:36 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Kind of funny but at the same time not particularly intriguing

This essentially describes the entirety of Mike Judge's work.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:50 pm 

Started watching Vikings S2. Is it just me or is this even better than the already great S1? The first episode was powerful stuff, with even better than usual camera work. I think the acting has stepped up its game across the board, too. Good to see it was already renewed for a third season!

Also, what is Ragnar thinking? I know Owl Slug's got that sexy exotic supermodel look going, but seriously Lagertha is way hot.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Belial
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:03 am 

Vikings season 2 started very well but slowly became dull and weak with bad subplots, repetition and cheap twists.
I've watched the season 2 finale yesterday and, while I liked the execution and the mood of the events they were showing, I was terribly dissapointed by the amount of overt the top clichés. I'm hoping they'll write a better story for the next season.
For instance, why did Floki tell his wife he chose King Horik over Ragnar when they were alone if he was really just faking it all?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:39 pm 

WHY IS MICHIEL HUISMAN IN ORPHAN BLACK NOW

WHY

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 am 

:o I didn't see it at first. But now that I see, I can't unsee it.

Maulgraun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:59 am 

I pretty much just watch American Dad, Always Sunny, and survival stuff.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:48 pm 

Community got shitcanned! :hyper:
About time that dog was put down.
Now if only Parks & Rec could get tricked out to the old shed in the back... :evil:
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:53 pm 

Eh, I always enjoyed Community, but as I understand it didn't have the best ratings. It's not suprising it got cancelled. Maybe it will be picked up by another network? It still has a pretty big cult following.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:14 pm 

It shouldn't have lasted two seasons but I'm happy to see Revolution get axed. I hope the last episode is some ridiculously massive cliff-hanger which will never be resolved, haha.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:09 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
WHY IS MICHIEL HUISMAN IN ORPHAN BLACK NOW

WHY

I was pretty surprised to see him appear in episode 3 but he was alright! The start of the season is pretty damn good, I like how the dichotomy between Alison's shitty musical problems and the serious and pretty dangerous life of Sarah, shows how much their lives are different.

I've been watching the first season of Batman - The Bold and the Brave this week. Very entertaining, it's pleasing my inner child and I like how they use plenty of minor DC characters. At least Green Arrow is badass in this unlike in the godawful CW series Arrow, which is basically Gossip Girls + muscles and bows.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:23 am 

Metantoine wrote:
At least Green Arrow is badass in this unlike in the godawful CW series Arrow, which is basically Gossip Girls + muscles and bows.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Truer words were never spoken.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:26 am 

New Orphan Black was cool. They're giving us tiny breadcrumbs with each episode and unravelling things to us.

I'm really interested in finding out Carlton's hand in all of this. He used to smuggle people across the borders but were there some connections between him and the Duncans.

Also, fuck yeah Helena! I really didn't like that Daniel chap

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:20 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Community got shitcanned! :hyper:
About time that dog was put down.
Now if only Parks & Rec could get tricked out to the old shed in the back... :evil:

parks and rec is actually good though

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

Belial
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:45 pm 

Anyone else is watching Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey? I thought tonight would be the last episode but I just found out there's actually 13 episodes and not just 10. I'm so glad!

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:16 pm 

Good news about Revolution. I actually watched the entire first season and every single episode had me asking why I was doing that to myself.

Finished Vikings S2 earlier tonight. Gotta disagree with Belial on that; I thought S2 was a huge improvement over the already quite enjoyable first season. The acting continued to be wonderful, the soundtrack incorporated more Wardruna (yay!) and Wardruna-influenced stuff. The camera work and atmosphere are second to none; blows Game of Thrones out of the water in that regard. The simple plots of the first season have steadily given way to more complex stories, but again, to compare it to Game of Thrones, the plots here are all really interesting and there aren't any character or story arcs I'd rather do without. Also, how about those goddamn fight scenes? That huge battle in the second to last episode was phenomenal. The fight choreography and production values for these fight scenes are through the roof.

Belial, regarding your earlier spoiler tag:
The way I took that last episode is that lots of the characters were tempted by King Horik, or at least thought they would do well for themselves to get into his good graces at least. I think Floki was no exception; he genuinely was a little disenfranchised by Ragnar and thus his conversation with Helga. However, after trying to improve his position with Horik, he learned that Horik wasn't just a potentially powerful ally but actually a murderous asshole more intent on petty revenge (in terms of both King Ecbert and Ragnar) than on bettering the lives of his people, he changed his tune and obviously ratted on him to Ragnar. Same goes for Siggy.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:35 pm 

Any of you folks watch Once Upon A Time? Tonight was the season 3 finale and while season 2 was my personal favorite (and for good reason) 3 had a pretty dramatic ending. In general I found the season to be a bit lackluster and I really didn't care for the villain nor did she (or the whole season for that matter since it was based upon her) fit the motif of the show but hey whatever right? Anyways talk about the finale will commence now in the appropriate place (for anyone who cares).

So I thought it was a really strong finale and definitely has me perplexed as to who the new villain is, initially I thought Elsa (?) you know the girl Charming was originally supposed to marry but now I'm also open to the White Queen from Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe. I'm super pissed that Regina lost yet another love interest just because Emma couldn't leave well the fuck enough alone, way more upset than I should be actually. I am really happy though that Killian finally got him some attention Emma I always liked those two together. I dug the whole Rumple and Bell wedding, it was super cute, but I still think he's a giant douche for not giving her the real dagger.

Probably my favorite two parts of the episode though were Rumple's one liner in the dark dungeon after he drank the forgetting potion, also super shocked and happy that he actually drank it cause I sure as hell didn't think he would. Second favorite part is that I think we're getting the Evil Queen back again now that Regina lost Robin hood, but maybe we'll get lucky and his wife will die somehow so they can be together but I doubt it. Besides I like evil Regina way better anyways.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:51 am 

There seems to be an influx of new shows - Here's NBC's Constantine

http://screenrant.com/nbc-constantine-trailer/

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:32 am 

That trailer actually makes Constantine look pretty sweet! I'm so glad they're going back to the comic's portrayal of the character, rather than the movie's. The series could well end up being shitty, but at least it won't be because of Keanu Reeves.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:54 am 

failsafeman wrote:
That trailer actually makes Constantine look pretty sweet! I'm so glad they're going back to the comic's portrayal of the character, rather than the movie's. The series could well end up being shitty, but at least it won't be because of Keanu Reeves.

Yeah seriously, looking forward to checking it out now, even though I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the comics, Jamie Delano's writing has always been topsy-turvy for me, although to be fair I have no idea what the 'later' issues of Hellblazer are like.

lastdodobird
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:49 pm 

If you told me that the latest episode of Fargo (The Six Ungraspables) was written and directed by the Coen bros, I'd probably believe you. Fantastic television.

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:58 am 

Most of the current stuff that I watch is limited to Game of Thrones...
Any Three Stooges lovers here?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:47 am 

Just watched the premiere of Penny Dreadful. Any of y'all catch this yet? It was actually pretty cool. Hasn't made an ass of itself yet despite the, er, outré subject matter. It does (and probably always will) have all the makings to become an hysterical c-fuck, but so far the cast and creative team seem to be selling it well enough for it to actually feel promising and interesting instead of disastrous. The concepts are...vintage...but they've managed to make them feel fresh, which is impressive. Looking forward to more!

lastdodobird
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:10 am 

Holy shit Orphan Black.

I'm two episodes behind.

Wondering if Felix is more than who he says/seems he is.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:18 am 

^ Yeah, that was initial suspicion too but he seems good (for now).

This weekend's episode:

Is there an upper limit as to much we can praise Tatiana? I think not. The last scene of the episode which involved Helena, Sara and Art was kinda intense.

[Next episode preview]
If only it was that simple to kill that bitch Rachel, I would've gladly clapped my hands in joy to see that happen with Helena pulling the trigger. Ah well, next episode is gonna unravel a lot of things like Paul knowing Mrs S. Also, Vic, that raggedly ex-bf, seems to make a return to the show. Will he get another of his hands severely injured remains to be known :lol:

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:42 pm 

Jeez, put a warning if you're spoiling next week's preview. I hate those things.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:50 pm 

Oh, didn't you see it at the end of the episode though? I assumed everyone did coz it follows up just as soon as the episode ends. I'll remember to do that next time haha. Sorry.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:52 pm 

Haha, I watch TV shows on my PS3 and after a certain amount of time the controller shuts off to conserve its battery, so whenever I'm watching some show I downloaded where the uploader kept in those "NEXT WEEK ON SHOW, SPOILERS!" parts at the end, I always start loudly singing and looking away from the TV as I scramble to turn the PS3 controller back on, hahaha.

But yeah, fuck that whole trend. So annoying.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Oh, didn't you see it at the end of the episode though?

I always skip it.

iamntbatman wrote:
Haha, I watch TV shows on my PS3 and after a certain amount of time the controller shuts off to conserve its battery

Hmm... is there a setting for that maybe? Mine never turns off automatically while the PS3 is on.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:01 pm 

Could be, but I actually prefer it to do that so I don't have to plug it in all the time.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:10 pm 

Has anyone watched Arrow? I saw a scene not so long ago where the main character was whining that he didn't want to hurt anyone. I just thought "pussy" and decided to hate it. I've also heard that it can be very melodramatic or soap opera-y. Mind you, I'm a huge Marvel fanboy, so that might be the problem too. Should I give it a shot?

last.fm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 182  Next