Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:35 am 

Spiritus Mortis - Death Bride

The mortuary horses were galloping merrily... Where the hell is the follow up to The God Behind the God?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:36 am 

metalistkrieg wrote:

There can be great music no matter what it sounds like, comments like this are silly.

I apologize for having a preference master. I will check in with you from now on before i make any further comments to make sure they meet your standards. Man shut the fuck up, i prefer USPM to weak ass flower metal. You might like that shit, but i don't. I hate it with a passion. That's MY opinion or are we not allowed to have that here?[/quote]

You can have whatever opinion you want, just a shame to write off any style as a whole!

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:32 pm 

Epica - Canvas of Life

Color me impressed. This album is actually pretty good.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 pm 

Byzantine - Signal Path

I like to think of this whole album as what would happen if Lamb Of God were better than Lamb Of God are. This song is easily the most melodic of the lot, with mostly clean vocals and a serene solo break that works nicely in context. The first half-minute reminds me a bit of Mercenary for some reason. Not for everyone, though, because at the end of the day the album is still "Lamb Of God-esque".

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:13 pm 

Xandria - Sweet Atonement

Today's been a day of reversals, it seems. The new Epica was actually interesting and enjoyable (as opposed to their 2009 and 2012 releases, which were largely dull and laborious to sit through) and this new Xandria album is just kinda okay, nothing really noteworthy (as opposed to their 2012 release, which was ball-bustingly bombastic and awesome).

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:18 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Megaman 5 OST

Yup, darkeningday inspired me.

Oh man, Charge Man springs to mind. Good memories.

Akercocke - Words That Go Unspoked, Deeds That Go Undone

For me personally this is living up to the MA hype! Intense, cerebral, evil, immediately gratifying but also a grower in a way. I'm entertained. Great production/vocals.

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:34 pm 

Cold Moon - "Steel in the Spine" from Carnivorous Lunar Activities

Pretty blatant Overkill worship going on, but this is still a fun listen. Interesting to hear what these band members consider as "nightmare" metal.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:43 pm 

Classy wrote:
Cold Moon - "Steel in the Spine" from Carnivorous Lunar Activities

Pretty blatant Overkill worship going on, but this is still a fun listen. Interesting to hear what these band members consider as "nightmare" metal.

Hmm, and Overkill called their early style "Blood metal"

Running Wild - Tortuga Bay

One of my favorites from DoG!
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:34 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Inquisition - Force of the Floating Tomb
Killer, uncompromising black metal. These guys "get it." Great riffs, completely fucked up and bizarre vocals and awesome song titles and lyrics.

Yeah! They create a GREAT atmosphere in their albums!

Solitary Endless Path from (2007) Drudkh - Estrangement.
Last great Drudkh album for me. I LOVE the "pissed dog" vocals!

QueenElizawreck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:38 am 

Pagan Altar - The Black Mass

Jethro Tull meets Black Sabbath? Nah. Pagan Altar are in a league all on their own!

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:58 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
Killer, uncompromising black metal. These guys "get it." Great riffs, completely fucked up and bizarre vocals and awesome song titles and lyrics.

Solitary Endless Path from (2007) Drudkh - Estrangement.
Last great Drudkh album for me. I LOVE the "pissed dog" vocals!

Last album was great, IMO.

Fen-Dustwalker.

A great post-bm album.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:31 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

For sure. That's my kind of extreme metal.

So is...

Celtic Frost - Return to the Eve

Got to love that guitar tone and the massive fuckin riffage.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am 

Agalloch - Dark Matter Gods

My favourite wuss metal band! Seriously, this new song is so great - huge driving bass line, excellent production, great lead guitar work, superior drumming ect.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:26 pm 

Ved Buens Ende - The Plunderer. Such a visionary band! I wish these guys would come back for one more album...

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:52 pm 

Darkthrone - Information Wants to be Syndicated

It might be a bit average as Darkthrone records go, but by any other standard this is very solid. I've been listening to mid-era Darkthrone considerably more than the other eras recently.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:03 pm 

The Speakeasies' Swing Band - Black Swamp Village, off Bathub Gin EP

Never thought I'd find myself listening to swing, but this is actually really damn good and catchy.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:24 pm 

Toxik - Shotgun Logic

Funny how I didn't care about this band till I saw them live. Some of the wildest and most exciting guitar playing I've probably heard in a long time on a metal album is displayed here.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:15 pm 

Helstar - Conquest

Brilliant guitar work. Rivera's wild bleating and hollering makes it even more fun.

metalistkrieg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:21 pm 

Realm - 1992 Demo - Cast the First Stone

A power/thrash monster delivered by Wisconsin thrash masters Realm.

Last edited by metalistkrieg on Fri May 02, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm 

Spoiler: show
Dudemanguy wrote:
Perdition666 wrote:
Then you get bands/people who deliberately go in lower case. Exist Trace is technically exist†trace. I'm sure there's muuuuuch worse visual kei names than that. Then you get every other band with stars and whatnot in their names lol

God damn, there's a disco metal on this Prophesia CD. That totally made my day!

Haha, gotta love how Light Bringer has that track named “Love you ♡.” That heart makes all the difference.

You know, that may very well be the only metal song with a heart in the song-title. *checks* Yep, it is haha They have some other amusing song-titles like "Start!!" (good title for the first song on their debut MCD), "Continue!?", etc. They need a song called 'FINISH!!!"

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I'm guessing that may have put some people off. I never really notice, but I don't really pay attention to it anymore. "New Legend" is indeed awesome, but there's a lot of other songs on that album I like just as much... and its still growing on me. "Sign of the Revolution" and "Cry for the Dark" are especially awesome.

I really love “Everlasting” too. It proves that Syu is an amazing guitar player even when he's not shredding like a maniac.

Yeah, that one I like a lot. "Chasing the Wind" is really good too.

Quote:
Quote:
"Re:generation" I've played once so far and I'm quite happy with it. Truth be told, I already knew like half the songs on it. This album is actually more jazzy than expected. They fit in between Light Bringer and Alhambra nicely. There's quite a few "holy fuck" moments on this and I think some songs go toe-to-toe with Alhambra's instrumentals.

Still on backorder over here.

Hopefully it'll ship soon. If its past the expected shipping date, you probably could cancel the back-ordered item and still be eligible for a coupon (if applicable). They have a 20% coupon promotion going on now.

Quote:
I've only heard it once, but I was pretty blown away by that “Time Is.” There's a lot of depth to that music and it's was more proggy than I expected. Funnily enough, “Clap!!” was more poppy than I expected too. :lol:

Yeah, that's the main reason why I often link them and Light Bringer - very technical/proggy, but poppy as fuck too. I can't think of any band outside of Japan that can pull this shit off. Crap, Alhambra can be pretty damn catchy when they want to be too (not sure I'd ever call them poppy though). I think its a safe assumption the poppiness in Mahatma comes from the vocalist NaNa (there we go with weird lettering again haha), sorta the same way with Fuki and Light Bringer.

Mahatma actually covered "Ark" for Hibiki's birthday, which I thought was pretty cool.

Quote:
Chronostrings was also a pretty great album. I can safely say that most of it went over my head though so I definitely need to listen to it more hah. I liked what I heard for sure though.

That album is actually quite complicated. In fact, it may be one of the more complicated bouncy/flowery albums I've heard. Pretty nice guitaring and drumming too. Actually, I think the vocals improved a bit too over the previous album.

Quote:
That Onmyo-za album was probably the sleeping hit from what I ordered. Every song on it was simply excellent. There might not be another Heavy Metal band that can do harsh vocals as well as this one. I was also really pleased that “Nemuri” was on that album since I've saw that PV for the first time years ago. That main riff sounds a lot like Iron Maiden's “The Trooper” except with more variety and that Japanese flavor. It's definitely great.

"Nemuri" swiped the riff from "Fear of the Dark", actually (pure homage, I'm sure). Onmyo-Za seem to do that a lot - I've heard quite a few thrash bands resurface in their songs (borrowing from Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, etc).

Agreed about the harsh vocals, they're actually pretty good. Most heavy/power bands suck hard when they try that stuff. Same with blast beats. Many years ago I thought it was the coolest thing ever, but god does it sound dumb now. MinstreliX pulls that stuff off nicely though. Onmyo-Za only has one song (that I can think of) that uses blasts: "Shinshoku Rinne". Its on the 'Fuuin Kairan" EP. It was on youtube, but I see it got yanked. The story of my life haha

Quote:
Gargoyle's “Natural” actually managed to be even stranger than I thought, to the point of giving me a headache. Out of their first 7 albums, that one is definitely the weirdest. Wow, I'm still confused really.

I think the only time albums literally give me a headache is if its brickwalled too much. Sadly, I think Japan may be worse with that shit than over here - so I better learn to desensitize myself to that, because I'm not going to miss out on music that I actually like because its too loud. Weirdly enough, I find transcoding FLAC to V2 helps a bit. Blah, I do I even bother with mp3s? Habit? I probably should move over to an actual non-obsolete format one of these days.

Quote:
I meant to go on a prog rock journey like a couple of years ago. It never fully happened though. I grabbed some Yes, Rush and Genesis albums, but that was about it. I always end up going back to metal at some point, hah.

When I ran out of new stuff to check out around... 2008, I went into prog and post-punk a lot. (didn't really get past the big bands though). Gentle Giant and Van der Graaf Generator are amongst my fave prog bands. The only big-name one I really disliked was Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Not sure why, but god they annoyed me. And I like Yes' wankier stuff :lol:

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure I'm not helping either :lol: To make matters worse, there does indeed seem to be a metal boom over there, so there will probably be more bands forming/re-forming and spamming albums.

No, you aren't at all. :lol: Well, my goal is to just mostly catch up right now. I'm getting there, kind of.

My HMV Japan wantlist is pretty much deflated. I guess there's 12 Yousei Teikoku singles I want, but they're zero priority because I have all those songs on anthologies. I just want them - eventually - just for the sake of having them. Also, artwork and instrumental versions are nice to have too.

There will probably always be more underground stuff surfacing at SA Music (which I like collecting, even if it isn't that great - who knows, some unknown band may turn out being the next Light Bringer or something).

Quote:
Quote:
That album tends to get neglected by me, well, until I play it haha (then I go all fanboy over it) I'm not sure it'd be the first album I'd introduce someone to the band with though.

I probably neglect that album the most too. It's not remotely bad, but I wouldn't say it's their best. But then again, “Tear Off Your Chain,” “Spirit Of Steel,” “Scars,” “T.T.F.B.,” and “Bash Out!” are on that album. I'm not sure how I'd rank Galneryus's albums if I had to. There's like a 4-way-tie for the top spot for me (One for All – All for One, Reincarnation, Resurrection and Angel of Salvation). And then figuring out what goes in the middle would be pretty damn hard.

"Where the Wind Blows" (I love their cheesy ballads lol) I like a lot. "No More Tears", "Future Never Dies" and "The Time Has Come" are pretty awesome too.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, it looks like Galneryus is doing a couple concerts in Europe. Lucky bastards!

If only power metal was manly enough for Americans. :lol:

I'm not sure why that power-prog festival in Atlanta hasn't tried to get them. With our luck, they'd probably end up at a weeaboo convention or something. A few bands I love like Destrose and Mary's Blood were at those. For some strange reason, Destrose went to Oklahoma (or was it Kansas, can't remember) twice. I think Mary's Blood did one in Texas. Exist Trace has been over here a lot too, same with Gacharic Spin.

Mahatma "Re:generation"

Fucking awesome album - totally lived up to my expectations (maybe even exceeded them a bit in some areas).

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:21 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:

That one is one of my favourite ballads.

Quote:
Hopefully it'll ship soon. If its past the expected shipping date, you probably could cancel the back-ordered item and still be eligible for a coupon (if applicable). They have a 20% coupon promotion going on now.

Stop trying to make me spend my life savings away :lol: I'll just endure the wait. It's only been a couple of weeks I think.

Quote:
Yeah, that's the main reason why I often link them and Light Bringer - very technical/proggy, but poppy as fuck too. I can't think of any band outside of Japan that can pull this shit off. Crap, Alhambra can be pretty damn catchy when they want to be too (not sure I'd ever call them poppy though). I think its a safe assumption the poppiness in Mahatma comes from the vocalist NaNa (there we go with weird lettering again haha), sorta the same way with Fuki and Light Bringer.

Mahatma actually covered "Ark" for Hibiki's birthday, which I thought was pretty cool.

Yeah, NaNa has a very J-poppy voice. The keyboard wankery is also very poppy. But yeah, if somebody asks me to cite poppy, progressive bands, it's going to be mostly Japanese ones. I think Kate Bush and Bjork are kind of poppy and progressive, but I'm not familiar with their material.

Quote:
That album is actually quite complicated. In fact, it may be one of the more complicated bouncy/flowery albums I've heard. Pretty nice guitaring and drumming too. Actually, I think the vocals improved a bit too over the previous album.

I'd tend to agree. Figaro has some really bad engrish. “Forrow me and forrow you...” Not that it bothers me or anything (I got a good chuckle actually), but more Japanese is a good thing for that man.

Quote:
"Nemuri" swiped the riff from "Fear of the Dark", actually (pure homage, I'm sure). Onmyo-Za seem to do that a lot - I've heard quite a few thrash bands resurface in their songs (borrowing from Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, etc).

Oh, I think I might have figured it out. The notes are from “Fear of the Dark” but the rhythm is from “The Trooper.” I think that's what it is anyway.

Quote:
Agreed about the harsh vocals, they're actually pretty good. Most heavy/power bands suck hard when they try that stuff. Same with blast beats. Many years ago I thought it was the coolest thing ever, but god does it sound dumb now. MinstreliX pulls that stuff off nicely though. Onmyo-Za only has one song (that I can think of) that uses blasts: "Shinshoku Rinne". Its on the 'Fuuin Kairan" EP. It was on youtube, but I see it got yanked. The story of my life haha

A bunch of their song got pulled from youtube actually. It's kind of a bummer too. I ran into Onmyo-Za completely by chance while I was watching that one live video of Gonin-ish. That thumbnail just looked really cool. But I do enjoy the harsh tracks a lot. Not sure what genre to place those in exactly, but it's cool.

Quote:
I think the only time albums literally give me a headache is if its brickwalled too much. Sadly, I think Japan may be worse with that shit than over here - so I better learn to desensitize myself to that, because I'm not going to miss out on music that I actually like because its too loud. Weirdly enough, I find transcoding FLAC to V2 helps a bit. Blah, I do I even bother with mp3s? Habit? I probably should move over to an actual non-obsolete format one of these days.

For me, it happens when I get a “sensory overload.” Basically, too much musical diversity in one go. I've listened to avant-garde for years so it's hard to get me anymore, but they did it. Haha, I'm good now though.

Albums do seem to be brickwalled quite a bit unfortunately. At least older stuff doesn't have this problem. As for formats, I recommend Opus (the latest and greatest). You can actually encode to 128kpbs and it sounds good. It's shocking really.

Quote:
When I ran out of new stuff to check out around... 2008, I went into prog and post-punk a lot. (didn't really get past the big bands though). Gentle Giant and Van der Graaf Generator are amongst my fave prog bands. The only big-name one I really disliked was Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Not sure why, but god they annoyed me. And I like Yes' wankier stuff :lol:

Yes's wanky stuff is their best stuff.

Quote:
I'm not sure why that power-prog festival in Atlanta hasn't tried to get them. With our luck, they'd probably end up at a weeaboo convention or something. A few bands I love like Destrose and Mary's Blood were at those. For some strange reason, Destrose went to Oklahoma (or was it Kansas, can't remember) twice. I think Mary's Blood did one in Texas. Exist Trace has been over here a lot too, same with Gacharic Spin.

Well “Hunting For Your Dream” is one of the Hunter x Hunter endings, so I guess it's possible they'll end up at an anime convention or something :lol:

Hiromi Uehara – Rainmaker

Pretty awesome jazz-fusion. Hiromi's virtuosity at piano is rather insane.

metalistkrieg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:41 pm 

Iron Maiden - SSoaSS - Moonchild

I just popped in this bad boy after not playing it for a while. Still my favorite metal album of all time. UP THE FUCKING IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:48 am 

metalistkrieg wrote:
Iron Maiden - SSoaSS - Moonchild

I just popped in this bad boy after not playing it for a while. Still my favorite metal album of all time. UP THE FUCKING IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. Every time is like the first time.

:np: Bombs of Hades- Scorched Earth

Obligatory Last FM Link

HydroDrone
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:10 am 

Black Magic - Wizards spell

This rules so much. Perfect heavy metal riff after perfect heavy metal riff.

insAnum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:54 am 

Thousand Year War - Open Casket

Melodic death metal. Can't believe this is off their first album. The guitars and drums are tighter than... well, just imagine something REALLY tight.

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:41 am 

Oxbow - Sunday. Sheer exorcism.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:09 pm 

Horrendous - The Chills [album]

Each time I listen to this again, the better it sounds - the atmosphere is unique, but also welded to a thoroughly familiar old-school mindset, creating something extremely enjoyable to listen to.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:28 pm 

King Diamond - Moonlight

Hail to the King, baby. :hail:

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:32 pm 

Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain

Anticipating the new album and hoping it can surpass or equal this as my favourite Agalloch album.

metalistkrieg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:06 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
King Diamond - Moonlight

Hail to the King, baby. :hail:

Eternal hails my friend! Long live the King!

NP: Bastille - Electric Animation Compilation CD 2013 - Living a Lie

Fantastic progressive heavy metal from this San Diego band. Please pickup this great cd. You won't be disappointed!

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:26 pm 

Gargoyle - Baby Cat

This has got to be my favourite out of the light-hearted, weird tracks Gargoyle does. I can't even begin to try and classify whatever genre this is, but it's amazingly good.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:34 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
Perdition666 wrote:

That one is one of my favourite ballads.

Same here. It even works with regardless if Sho or Yama-B sings it.

Quote:
Quote:

Stop trying to make me spend my life savings away :lol: I'll just endure the wait. It's only been a couple of weeks I think.

There's still other bands I can spam youtube links of :lol:

That goddamn Skywings is still on backorder - it better not have went out of print. I cancelled it and added it to my CDJapan order. Since they're having their Golden Week holiday, I'm sure all orders and whatnot will be delayed a bit.

Quote:
Yeah, NaNa has a very J-poppy voice. The keyboard wankery is also very poppy. But yeah, if somebody asks me to cite poppy, progressive bands, it's going to be mostly Japanese ones. I think Kate Bush and Bjork are kind of poppy and progressive, but I'm not familiar with their material.

I probably should mine some older J-pop, if it has really good musicianship and whatnot. Kate Bush's older stuff is pretty good actually. Vocals are shrill as fuck too, which is a bonus. She's a pretty big influence on Onmyo-Za's vocalist.

Quote:
Quote:

I'd tend to agree. Figaro has some really bad engrish. “Forrow me and forrow you...” Not that it bothers me or anything (I got a good chuckle actually), but more Japanese is a good thing for that man.

Songs like "Saving all My Love For You" and "Heart Hope Dream Love" weren't bad with the English actually. Slight accent, but it worked. Most of that album seemed to be in Japanese, but I didn't check. He seemed to flirt with operatic vocals here and there too.

Quote:
Quote:

Oh, I think I might have figured it out. The notes are from “Fear of the Dark” but the rhythm is from “The Trooper.” I think that's what it is anyway.

Kuroneko's vocals on that one are pure awesome. Mind you, I could say that about a lot of their songs. Can't really cite which ones because I'll never be able to learn any songtitles longer than one word :lol:

Quote:
Quote:

A bunch of their song got pulled from youtube actually. It's kind of a bummer too. I ran into Onmyo-Za completely by chance while I was watching that one live video of Gonin-ish. That thumbnail just looked really cool. But I do enjoy the harsh tracks a lot. Not sure what genre to place those in exactly, but it's cool.

Yeah, there used to be tons of lives on there. They and Galneryus got all their stuff yanked. I can understand where they're coming from (the labels), but this makes it pretty difficult to promote their bands over here (and makes regular piracy almost a necessity).

Quote:
Quote:

For me, it happens when I get a “sensory overload.” Basically, too much musical diversity in one go. I've listened to avant-garde for years so it's hard to get me anymore, but they did it. Haha, I'm good now though.

Yeah, it takes a lot to phase me. I guess Babymetal was a tad fucked - but they reminded me of Pin-Up Went Down, so I already had a partial immunity towards that sort of thing. :lol:

Quote:
Albums do seem to be brickwalled quite a bit unfortunately. At least older stuff doesn't have this problem. As for formats, I recommend Opus (the latest and greatest). You can actually encode to 128kpbs and it sounds good. It's shocking really.

I'll have to give that a shot sometime. I wonder if my mp3 player (Cowon iaudio7) will support it? It does Ogg and Flac though. That reminds me, I cleaned my mp3 player off recently and there's hardly anything on it. I really need to load it up with stuff again.

Quote:
Quote:

Well “Hunting For Your Dream” is one of the Hunter x Hunter endings, so I guess it's possible they'll end up at an anime convention or something :lol:

Onmyo-Za did a song for an anime too. I think Cyntia got a popularity boost by doing an opener too. I'm surprised Aldious hasn't done one yet.

Galneryus - Future Light

Awesome song - kinda surprising this is a B-side instead of an album track.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:29 am 

Type O Negative - My Girlfriend's Girlfriend

Spinning 'October Rust' after what may seem like years. Yup, it still rules! The only goth rock/metal that can get my head-bobbing.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:02 am 

Spectral Lore - The Dejection of Arjuna

So many kvlt filled musicians slaving away in their bedroom on their own trying to create some trve black metal, and then this guy comes along. Making them all obsolete in one fell swoop.

insAnum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:33 am 

Disparaged - Bringer of Death

Very professional death metal from Switzerland with an abundance of great riffs, juicy drumming and massive growling vocals. Definitely worth checking out. I can't believe they have no reviews at all at MA.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:12 am 

Helstar - Perseverance and Desperation

This is an amazingly technical and involved album from a USPM band. Thrashiness reached its height here for these guys.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:33 am 

Sabaton - Night Witches

Checking out the new album. This song is actually pretty neat.

EDIT (SEVERAL HOURS LATER EDITION): So much for that. Aside from "Night Witches" and a decent ballad with "The Ballad of Bull," this album really basically is every other Sabaton album ever made with little variation.

Last edited by Zelkiiro on Sun May 04, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonitro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:34 am 

Thrym - I Hel Du Väntar

Such a beautiful and awesome ballad worth listening.... Mmmmmm!!!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:37 am 

Ghost - Per Aspera Ad Inferi

Finally seeing them in 2 weeks in Poughkeepsie. This shall be most excellent.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:24 pm 

I'll admit to liking the first album as a fun little throwback, but everything else they've done is the lamest shit ever.

LSD and the Search for God - I Don't Care
Everything about this EP is just perfect. The psychedelic atmosphere, dynamic songwriting, chemistry between the male and female vocalists - I only wish they had more material.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1445, 1446, 1447, 1448, 1449, 1450, 1451 ... 2914  Next