Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:47 am 

https://www.facebook.com/MetalAllianceTour

Artwork has been revealed and the lineup is being announced January 13th. I wonder who will headline it judging from the artwork, and what genre they will base it off of this year?

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 pm 

Rumor has it that Behemoth is headlining, which would be great seeing is bands from this tour play New England Metal and Hardcore Fest which I'm definitely going to be in attendance for.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:17 am 

1349, Battlecross, Goatwhore and Inquisition were just added to the NE Metal Fest so they could certainly be on it. I also just noticed Broken Hope on that lineup so they're a possibility as well.

If Behemoth is also going to be announced then I HAVE to go, seeing as they were one of the main draws for me to go to Mayhem Fest this past summer. I'll be seeing Inquisition at MDF but seeing them a month before would be a treat, and 1349 would be wicked cool too.

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:55 pm 

Lineup is confirmed as: Behemoth, 1349, Goatwhore, Inquisition, and Black Crown Initiate. Needless to say, but that is fucking crazy.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:24 pm 

Yup, that's it, I'm heading up to Worcester April 18! That's a great lineup, and hopefully it will be bettered by the other bands playing the NE Metal Fest. Not familiar with Black Crown Initiate, however, so I'll have to check them out.

Edit: By the way, here are the dates:

04/04 Tempe, AZ Club Red
04/05 Los Angeles, CA House of Blues
04/06 San Francisco, CA Regency Ballroom
04/08 Denver, CO Gothic Theater
04/11 Dallas, TX House of Blues
04/12 Austin, TX Emo's East
04/13 Houston, TX House of Blues
04/15 Orlando, FL Beacham Theater
04/16 Charlotte, NC Tremont Music Hall
04/17 Philadelphia, PA Theatre of Living Arts
04/18 Worcester, MA Palladium
04/19 New York, NY Irving Plaza
04/22 Montreal, QC Club Soda
04/23 Toronto, ON Opera House
04/24 Cleveland, OH Agora Theater
04/25 Chicago, IL House of Blues
04/26 Minneapolis, MN Skyway Theater Studio B
04/27 Winnipeg, MB Garrick Center
04/29 Calgary, AB Macewan Hall
04/30 Edmonton, AB Union Hall
05/02 Vancouver, BC Rickshaw Theater
05/03 Seattle, WA Studio 7

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:03 pm 

I haven't seen Behemoth since Mayhem Festival 09, so that should be nice. I'm more excited for 1349 and the almighty INQUISITION!!!

But damn, Arizona is the first stop, and at Club Red??? That tiny ass place is gonna hold Behemoth, 1349, and Inquisition? Should've held it at the Marquee like last year.

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:57 pm 

I havn't been to Studio 7 yet, and since I now live in Olympia, I can give it a try.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:33 pm 

This line up is stacked! I was stoked to see this news this morning. I'll definitely be hitting up that Vancouver date. Saw Behemoth at the Rickshaw a few years ago and they conquered the place.

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:57 pm 

It'll be cool to see Behemoth again, really not a huge fan of theirs. I only caught a couple songs from Goatwhore last time I saw them, really stoked to catch them again. 1349, HELL YES, so amazing live, I really hope Frost makes it this year. Inquisition.... not my thing, i enjoy them in small doses, but cool to see them on this.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:59 am 

Holy. Fuck. Inquisition, behemoth and 1349 on the same bill. Please let there still be VIP tickets for the toronto date by the time I get paid. This show is the day before Nile too - will be a fucking epic couple days man. So pumped!

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:17 pm 

Might actually see this one. They're skipping my current town but going to my hometown and if all goes well and I'm graduated by then, I should be back.

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:57 pm 

Commandaunt wrote:
Holy. Fuck. Inquisition, behemoth and 1349 on the same bill. Please let there still be VIP tickets for the toronto date by the time I get paid. This show is the day before Nile too - will be a fucking epic couple days man. So pumped!

Dude, good luck surviving that double header.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:04 pm 

It'll def be a change up from the last double I saw with wintersun and finntroll the day after - I've never even really been to a death metal or black metal show of this magnitude so I'm not 100% sure what to expect. Got the VIP ticket though! :D

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:48 pm 

Nah, not coming anywhere near me. Oh well, I mainly care about Inquisition and I'll be seeing them at MDF anyway.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

VariedTastes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:06 pm 

Wow, that's quite a line up. Will certainly try to make it to this! $30 is not bad at all....

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:25 am 

I checked out Black Crown Initiate today and I gotta say, they are fantastic. They will definitely be out of place with their progressive melodic take with virtually no black, but at least I know if I go, I'll be enjoying them.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:45 pm 

The full lineup for NE Metal Fest was announced today and, well, I'm not sure I want to sit through all that crap for shortened Behemoth and 1349 sets. Based on Inquisition's placement, I suspect they'll have an even shorter set. I can wait until MDF to see them. Not so sure about this now!

Maxeffect6
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:34 pm 

I am going to this show in Denver. So fucking excited. Is there a new thread for this since it has been announced?

mitchell271
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:16 pm 

I can't fucking wait for this. I've only really been into metal for a couple of years now, never gotten the chance to see Behemoth. Best part, it's right after exams and my bud's letting me crash at his place in Toronto! :D
CAN'T YOU TELL I'M EXCITED

john99s
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:15 am 

Well you certainly summed up your name. But I do agree that the core bands will swallow the set times....then again, most other bands will do just the same. But if Behemoth is headlining this tour, they will have a later slot than most of the others.

dragmire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:47 am 

This is a killer lineup. Just bought tickets for the 4/19 show. Already saw Behemoth and Goatwhore live but really looking forward to seeing Inquisition.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:05 pm 

I just bought my tickets for the Vancouver show. I wonder if Behemoth's setlist will be any different than their European tour. Looking forward to seeing some stuff off the new album.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:36 pm 

I'm going mostly for Inquisition & 1349 even though I really never listen to 1349 unless I'm seeing them live. I wish Inquisition was headlining, but I finally got around to listening to some of Behemoth's new album and was quite surprised so looking forward to seeing them again too. Would be cool if they played something off one of their 1st 3 albums once in awhile.

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:45 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
I'm going mostly for Inquisition & 1349 even though I really never listen to 1349 unless I'm seeing them live. I wish Inquisition was headlining, but I finally got around to listening to some of Behemoth's new album and was quite surprised so looking forward to seeing them again too. Would be cool if they played something off one of their 1st 3 albums once in awhile.

They have been doing "Moonspell Rites" a lot, lately.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:29 am 

Anybody got setlists to post? Interested in inquisitions. Saw Behemoth's on setlist.com - kind of shitty to be honest.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:39 am 

Commandaunt wrote:
Anybody got setlists to post? Interested in inquisitions. Saw Behemoth's on setlist.com - kind of shitty to be honest.

Behemoth's setlist looks almost the same as last time I saw them years ago, with a few new songs from the last 2 albums. Kinda surprised there's no Inquisition setlist posted since many people seem to only be going to see them. Wouldn't mind seeing 1349's either so I can listen up since I don't really know many of their songs by name.

jdmunyon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:49 am 

Does anyone know if Frost is drumming for 1349, or if they are using someone else as a touring drummer, since I know he's had problems getting into the US to tour with them in the past?

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:03 pm 

1349 is Frostless and someone posted this setlist for last night's show for Inquisition with a missing/unknown song. I could do with out the slowness of "Spiritual Plasma" I'm sure someone will say I'm crazy again.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/inquisition/2014/gothic-theatre-englewood-co-73c3aa25.html

belsen44
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:34 am 

That setlist is wrong. They didnt play Spiritual.. or Crush... but did play Nefarious.. as second song of their set. All the rest are in correct order though. The person who wrote that list was probably very high from all the weed being burned during Inquisitions set.

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 pm 

I'll be there this Wednesday in Charlotte, anyone else?

~Guest 302292
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:20 pm 

Inquisition played in Dallas last night, but unfortunately their set was cut short due to complications with the drums that were never exactly cleared up.
Regardless, it was one hell of a performance.

Force of the Floating Tomb
Command of the Dark Crown
Nefarious Dismal Orations
Those of the Night
Embraced by the Unholy Powers of Death and Destruction
Astral Path to Supreme Majesties

Also, I can't be the only one to notice that Dagon changed the lyrics to Force of the Floating Tomb.

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:33 pm 

When they were at Deathfest last time, he definitely changed the words to Embraced by the Unholy Powers of Death and Destruction at the end. Instead of:

"Oh! Abaddon!
Lord of all death
Give me the power
That you possess"

It was like:

"Oh! Abaddon!
Lord of all death
Show me the gateways
That you possess"

Or more elaborate variations on that and the same for the preceding verse, basically the last half of the song where that ass-kicking riff comes in. I have a feeling he just mixes up/forgets the lines with all these similar cosmic/evil descriptions and phrases.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:03 am 

Dagon doesn't know his own lyrics. Go watch live videos - he almost never says the same lines that are on the albums. The lyrics are all pretty similar anyway.

~Guest 302292
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:50 am 

I certainly hope that not singing the written lyrics are out of laziness.
It still gets the message across though, changed or not.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:52 pm 

1349 are selling a "7 of a new single they just recorded, which will be on their upcoming full length coming out this fall. Anyone picked it up at the shows yet? It's limited to 300 copies so I imagine it's already sold out, which is a shame, 'cause I probably would have bought it at the Vancouver gig. I read a review of the Hollywood show which said that their sound sucked and basically nothing was audible. That's a huge shame and I hope they sort themselves out later in the tour. I'm grateful I saw them with Frost in Germany in 2010 because it really seems as though he'll never be able to tour in North America.

Thanks a lot for posting Inquisition's setlist! I'm only really familiar with their last two albums so I have some stuff to check out since it looks like they play a pretty varied set.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:38 pm 

Those of the night is one of their best tracks - punky/catchy and perfect for a live show. Make sure you know that one for the show as they'll be playing it :)

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:58 pm 

Sigh. We arrived a little too late (as I knew we would, not my fault) and only caught the end of Inquisition. :durr: The fact that they are playing at Deathfest this year allowed me to stay composed and not rage at my friend. So we grabbed the first of many beers and waited for the next band. 1349 did not impress me at all. I was hoping their live show would be engaging since the albums never interested me, but damn. I remained positive though, hoping Goatwhore and Behemoth would come through and make the trip worthwhile. They did! Both performed great sets, and the Behemoth encore was a great closer to the evening.

ImmortalBehemoth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:20 pm 

I was lucky enough to go to the original metal alliance show in NYC, and then the next night to an off-night gig in Brooklyn with everyone except Behemoth. On the first night, I was right on the front bar (after the meet-and-greet, they let us in first) for all of the bands, so I had a great view. Black Crown Initiate was pretty awesome, so I'll have to check them out for sure. I was able to see Inquisition both nights, and they definitely killed it. I love how Dagon moves from left to right throughout the set to allow everyone to see... they definitely sounded larger than just a two-piece. Surprisingly on both nights, Goatwhore came on next (even though I thought 1349 would be on 3rd, but it didn't really matter). Goatwhore was awesome as usual, and the crowd was definitely into them more than 1349. I know Frost wasn't going to be there, but 1349 had two different drummers for the 2 nights that I saw them, so I'm not sure who was behind the kit. Behemoth was great as well, and their characters are so perfectly done. Orion stands up there looking 15 feet tall with the straightest, most menacing face you'll ever see. Always a great show with them.

Side note: on the 2nd night, as 1349 was closing the show, I was walking around the bar that the show was in, and Orion from Behemoth was hanging out with some friends. I was pretty surprised to see that he wasn't much taller than me (I'm 6 foot), so he must be stuffing his boots to play live haha. It is a very relaxed environment at Saint Vitus bar in Brooklyn... all of the band members just hanging around inside and outside of the venue just like "normal-folk" that you could go up to and speak with (although not many did just out of respect for them).

Overall a very cool two nights, looking forward to seeing them again.

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:12 pm 

Was at the show in Toronto last night. Everyone was incredibly tight and killed it. My one friend caught the new CD that 1349 threw out too.

Is there a reason Black Crown Initiate isn't on the archives? Too "Djenty?" I bought their EP at the show.

jdmunyon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:07 am 

Was in Cleveland last night for the show at The Agora.

Black Crown Initiate was interesting, they had about a 20 minute set and just stuck a bunch of their songs together and played one long 20 minute song straight through. They sounded interesting, kind of progressive-ish at times, and the solos were really cool. Not a bad opener.

Inquisition was as expected. They opened with Force of the Floating Tomb which I recognized, but after that I didn't recognize any song until the last one. I know some of their songs through their recent record, but taking 2 seconds to introduce each song would be easy and painless for ANY band to do at any show haha. Oh well, they finished with Infinite Interstellar Genocide and I knew that one. Good for my first live black metal band.

Goatwhore brought tons of energy and really got the pit going in some spots. It's too bad I don't know their songs really, because they can get pretty damn thrashy and energy-filled. But they were good. "Who needs gods when you've got Satan?" haha.

1349 could have been amazing for me, but sadly their sound wasn't the best. They opened with Sculptor of Flesh, the first black metal song that I ever heard, so I should have been able to go crazy with that one, but the sound wasn't too good and I didn't even recognize what song it was until over halfway through. I Am Abomination, the next song, was a bit more discernible, but certainly the riffing wasn't near as clear as the studio versions of those songs. Their set was dark and intense, but I wish I could have said that the sound was good, because it wasn't particularly.

However, Behemoth was absolutely incredible. It helps to be a massive fan who knows every song, but either way, they slayed. Perfect mix of new songs from The Satanist and their old classics. Amazing sound, amazing stage presence, couldn't have been a better live impression. Ears are still ringing today but it was worth it. Excellent stuff. The show would have been worth it just to have seen them.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next