Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:04 pm 

xynobys wrote:
Why was the band BUIOINGOLA rejected? They are a doom metal/sludge metal/crust band from Italy, and have a couple physical releases out:

http://sentientruin.bandcamp.com/album/dopo-lapnea-2
http://sentientruin.storenvy.com/produc ... -lapnea-cd

Can you please approve them?

Thanks!

They are blacklisted for being post-rock with hardcore vocals. I'll take a listen and see what i think.

xynobys
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:30 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
xynobys wrote:
Why was the band BUIOINGOLA rejected? They are a doom metal/sludge metal/crust band from Italy, and have a couple physical releases out:

http://sentientruin.bandcamp.com/album/dopo-lapnea-2
http://sentientruin.storenvy.com/produc ... -lapnea-cd

Can you please approve them?

Thanks!

They are blacklisted for being post-rock with hardcore vocals. I'll take a listen and see what i think.

Yes please re-listen, this has nothing to do with post-rock or hardcore, this band is as doom metal/sludge and heavy as it gets!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 am 

xynobys wrote:
this band is as doom metal/sludge and heavy as it gets!

Well, that's certainly an exaggeration. I can definitely see why they were blacklisted; some doom, but also lots of post-y meandering and hardcore. Post-stuff and this "neocrust" thing are a bitch to judge. I probably wouldn't approve them, were I to see them in the band queue.

xynobys
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:37 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
xynobys wrote:
this band is as doom metal/sludge and heavy as it gets!

Well, that's certainly an exaggeration. I can definitely see why they were blacklisted; some doom, but also lots of post-y meandering and hardcore. Post-stuff and this "neocrust" thing are a bitch to judge. I probably wouldn't approve them, were I to see them in the band queue.

I don't know man, you have bands like Neurosis, Rosetta, Cult of Luna, Tribes of Neurot (full on ambient music), Steve Von Till (Folk!), Planks and Fall of Efrafa (most famous neocrust bands right now), Alcest, Amesoeurs (!!!!) on the site and BUIOINGOLA are the most doom-metal-oriented band of all these and they can't be added. I honestly think it's not fair this band can not be listed on the site considering that many other bands that are way less metal and more experimental than them are listed. They do have crust and atmospheric INFLUENCES for sure, but as far as their main sound goes, this band is a DOOM METAL band. Slow, down tuned crushing riffs and growled vocals, I don't really know what else you need. Hope we can all be fair and add them, thanks!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:11 pm 

xynobys wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

I don't know man, you have bands like Neurosis, Rosetta, Cult of Luna, Tribes of Neurot (full on ambient music), Steve Von Till (Folk!), Planks and Fall of Efrafa (most famous neocrust bands right now), Alcest, Amesoeurs (!!!!) on the site and BUIOINGOLA are the most doom-metal-oriented band of all these and they can't be added. I honestly think it's not fair this band can not be listed on the site considering that many other bands that are way less metal and more experimental than them are listed. They do have crust and atmospheric INFLUENCES for sure, but as far as their main sound goes, this band is a DOOM METAL band. Slow, down tuned crushing riffs and growled vocals, I don't really know what else you need. Hope we can all be fair and add them, thanks!

Tribes of Neurot and Steve Von Till are here as non-metal exceptions, side-projects of Neurosis members. They aren't included because we consider them metal. Rosetta and Fall of Efrafa aren't in the database and are in fact blacklisted. Just for the record.

The other bands we have listed, yeah, but I'm not very familiar with them and we're not playing the comparison game anyway. Gotta be careful with this stuff, some bands are more post-hardcore-inclined, some crusty, some more doom/sludge metallic, some more into post-rock. As I said, I find this kind of thing tricky to judge sometimes and don't listen to much post-whatever, so I'll leave this one to other moderators who are more familiar with it. That doesn't change my personal opinion as voiced in my previous post, though.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:23 pm 

Just checked the band and this is clearly not a metal band. The music can be slow and crushing without being metal. While Buioingola is certainly borderline, it's also a no from me, sorry.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

bmbmosh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 pm 

Please re-review my submission for Bury Me Breathing. I submitted it because I found my other band Acerose listed on this site (not of my own submission). I have produced two (2) full length albums for Bury Me Breathing, along with one (1) additional EP.

If you honestly do not think this is a metal band, I highly urge you to listen to the song "Buried in Thunder." If you consider that to not be metal after listening, I'd rather not have any of my music associated with the site.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Very respectfully,
Christopher Lindsay

bmbmosh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:23 pm 

bmbmosh wrote:
Please re-review my submission for Bury Me Breathing. I submitted it because I found my other band Acerose listed on this site (not of my own submission). I have produced two (2) full length albums for Bury Me Breathing, along with one (1) additional EP.

If you honestly do not think this is a metal band, I highly urge you to listen to the song "Buried in Thunder." If you consider that to not be metal after listening, I'd rather not have any of my music associated with the site.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Very respectfully,
Christopher Lindsay

Please find the entire album here:
http://www.purevolume.com/burymebreathinghc/albums/II
And check that out.
Thanks.

mogharmy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:14 am 

hail mogharmy here
i soposed to register band called ;nashmeh:
and you reject it
here is the link for all songs
https://soundcloud.com/nashmeh
the main reason was thelemic art records dont want to upload all songs before the realese part and sell the cds,
well after nashmeh playes very first show and play all songs ,they aloowed us to upload the matherial
so check it out and tell me what is the next step to re register the band nashmeh
thanks
mogharmy

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:22 pm 

bmbmosh wrote:

Bands must have one predominantly metal album to be listed on metal archives. This is mostly hardcore.

mogharmy wrote:
hail mogharmy here
i soposed to register band called ;nashmeh:
and you reject it
here is the link for all songs
https://soundcloud.com/nashmeh
the main reason was thelemic art records dont want to upload all songs before the realese part and sell the cds,
well after nashmeh playes very first show and play all songs ,they aloowed us to upload the matherial
so check it out and tell me what is the next step to re register the band nashmeh
thanks
mogharmy

Seems to be some sort of neofolk/rock with some black metal sections. It's somewhat ambiguous so I'll consult with the rest of the staff on this.

bmbmosh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:01 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
bmbmosh wrote:

Bands must have one predominantly metal album to be listed on metal archives. This is mostly hardcore.

Please remove my other band Acerose from this website. Thanks.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:33 pm 

Based on the samples I've found, Acerose is more metal than hardcore, very close to As I Lay Dying. They're definitely a valid entry and thus will not be deleted.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

bmbmosh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:39 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Based on the samples I've found, Acerose is more metal than hardcore, very close to As I Lay Dying. They're definitely a valid entry and thus will not be deleted.

Regardless, this was not submitted by a band member. Acerose was started by my friends and I in order to unite our local metal community, not exclude bands based upon opinions of if they are metal or not. Promoting and supporting all the bands in our local scene, playing shows together, and having fun with friends is what that band is about. Not putting other bands down or for example, refusing to play shows with other bands who "aren't as metal" as us.

Labeling usernames as "mallcore kid" or "metal noob" does not bring the metal community together. It causes internal conflict and further separates people and causes more illogical judgement from the rest of society looking into our world. That is not what this band stands for. For those reasons we do not wish to be on your site.

Respectfully,
Chris Lindsay

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:47 pm 

bmbmosh wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

Regardless, this was not submitted by a band member. Acerose was started by my friends and I in order to unite our local metal community, not exclude bands based upon opinions of if they are metal or not. Promoting and supporting all the bands in our local scene, playing shows together, and having fun with friends is what that band is about. Not putting other bands down or for example, refusing to play shows with other bands who "aren't as metal" as us.

Labeling usernames as "mallcore kid" or "metal noob" does not bring the metal community together. It causes internal conflict and further separates people and causes more illogical judgement from the rest of society looking into our world. That is not what this band stands for. For those reasons we do not wish to be on your site.

Respectfully,
Chris Lindsay

We're not putting down bands who aren't metal, I can guarantee you that every member of the site, including the mods and administrators and owners, enjoy non-metal music as well (one of my all time favorite bands is Bad Religion and I'm considering starting a beatdown hardcore band with my friends in the future). It's just that this site is an encyclopedia of metal bands, and metalcore is inherently a blend between metal and non-metal. Some bands fall on one side of the fence (like Acerose) and others on the other (like Bury Me Breathing), it's just how it goes, it's not a personal slight. And the user ranks like Mallcore Kid is just something silly that's less dry and boring than the normal titles people would have on a point-based community like this. Again, nobody takes it seriously, and if they do they should lighten up.

And it doesn't matter at all who submits the bands to the site. Do you really think we got to nearly 96000 bands in the database because Tony Iommi and Lars Ulrich popped in and decided to make pages for Black Sabbath and Metallica? It's an encyclopedia, all we do is collect facts, and the fact is that Acerose is a band that is mostly metal and has a valid release, so they're listed. It's not for promotion, we're not profiting from anything, and there really isn't a nicer way to say it then "It doesn't matter if you don't like the site, your band qualifies and somebody added it, get over it".
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

bmbmosh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:00 pm 

BastardHead wrote:

We're not putting down bands who aren't metal, I can guarantee you that every member of the site, including the mods and administrators and owners, enjoy non-metal music as well (one of my all time favorite bands is Bad Religion and I'm considering starting a beatdown hardcore band with my friends in the future). It's just that this site is an encyclopedia of metal bands, and metalcore is inherently a blend between metal and non-metal. Some bands fall on one side of the fence (like Acerose) and others on the other (like Bury Me Breathing), it's just how it goes, it's not a personal slight. And the user ranks like Mallcore Kid is just something silly that's less dry and boring than the normal titles people would have on a point-based community like this. Again, nobody takes it seriously, and if they do they should lighten up.

And it doesn't matter at all who submits the bands to the site. Do you really think we got to nearly 96000 bands in the database because Tony Iommi and Lars Ulrich popped in and decided to make pages for Black Sabbath and Metallica? It's an encyclopedia, all we do is collect facts, and the fact is that Acerose is a band that is mostly metal and has a valid release, so they're listed. It's not for promotion, we're not profiting from anything, and there really isn't a nicer way to say it then "It doesn't matter if you don't like the site, your band qualifies and somebody added it, get over it".

Yet there are bands posted here who we have personally shared the stage with who state main influences as Five Finger Death Punch and wrote their songs in a formula fashion to other similar bands. How does this even help metal? This elitist attitude is exactly what holds us back from progression.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:16 pm 

I'd like to think I wasn't at all elitist, but the concept of metal isn't "everybody is metal if they say they are/play shows together". It's a sound, we document that sound. If there are bands listed on this site that aren't metal, please do bring them up so they can be reviewed and either kept/deleted. Call it exclusionary if you will, but really we're documenting facts in this one subniche of music. Not everything fits in this subniche, end of story.

bmbmosh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:23 pm 

I won't say band names here because even if they don't fit your formula and definitions they are still busting their ass and deserve to be recognized and heard.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:30 pm 

You seem to be confused as to the nature of this site, but whatever. Can't force you, but don't throw a hissy fit if we delete a band you're friends with. Don't let the door hit you.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:31 pm 

MA isn't there to recognize or promote bands, you got it wrong. It may seem that way since the site became so huge but we accept bands the staff considers to be metal dependless on their quality. And judging by the popularity of bands like FFDP and A Day to Remember, it's pretty irrelevant to popularity.

"OMG, my band never got approved on the Metal Archives, I guess our career is over" said no one ever.

I also checked your band, it's indeed too core to be approved.

bmbmosh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:33 pm 

Lol, have fun sitting behind your computers in mom's basement and making metal people look bad.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:26 pm 

bmbmosh wrote:
Lol, have fun sitting behind your computers in mom's basement and making metal people look bad.

Oh man! You sure knew where to hit so that it really hurts.

Xyklen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:03 am 

Hello, I submitted my band, "Xarkrinur" a few times but twice it was rejected, but I wonder how? At first, for proof of its release I gave the Depressive Illusions Records link as proof that my band had a physical release, but it was rejected, then as for the second attempt, I used my bandcamp page to give musical proof that my band is "metal enough" but that was too rejected, but then I was trying to use the picture of my CDR released demo, but my question is, how can my demo be not metal? Here's the bandcamp link
http://xarkrinur.bandcamp.com/

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:39 pm 

That's not metal at all. It's some sort of programmed noise with terrible vocals.

Xyklen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:13 pm 

But Colloquial Sound Recordings said, "Sounds cool! I liked it very much, very strange and bizzare" yet I couldn't release vis them because they were too busy, Hammerhear said to ask underground tape labels to release but lastly Depressive Illusions Records released it in CDR print, if they said those things and my demo was released by a black metal label, then how come my band's music be not metal?

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:27 pm 

Xyklen wrote:
But Colloquial Sound Recordings said, "Sounds cool! I liked it very much, very strange and bizzare" yet I couldn't release vis them because they were too busy, Hammerhear said to ask underground tape labels to release but lastly Depressive Illusions Records released it in CDR print, if they said those things and my demo was released by a black metal label, then how come my band's music be not metal?

Cool story, bro. Depressive Illusions Records releases everything including tons of non-metal bedroom crap.

By the way, I bet when you'll grow up you'll be ashamed of this "recording". At least learn to play the instruments if you want to make metal, or better dedicate your free time to something else, don't continue with this, please :violin:

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:41 pm 

Could a moderator listen to Kusgrinder's demo and reevaluate it? They were rejected a few months back. It is very borderline but I think it may be acceptable, take your time, I have 5 bands pending so it's not like I can submit them right away if they are acceptable http://www.mediafire.com/download/o2cjg ... rinder.zip

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:39 pm 

Deleted Iiwanajulma from Finland. Mostly alt rock, with occasional pseudo-metallic moments.

Iseankoe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:09 pm 

Why have Vargr from Sweden been deleted? Though it is more of dark ambient/noise now, at least 4 first releases are strictly black metal.

Emerald Austria
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:16 am 

Hi!
The Band Emerald (Austria) was rejected due to the following points:

1. We need samples from the studio recordings. Not live recordings.

You can listen to studio recordings on http://www.reverbnation.com/emerald28 for example. No easy Way out, Nightmare, Seven Towers and Brainsick are studio versions.

2. Can you provide us any proof of the discography? Maybe reviews or places to buy it?

Take a look at http://www.musik-sammler.de/artist/319448, if it´s not enough I can send you photos of the CD´s.

I hope that´s ok!

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:19 pm 

Emerald Austria wrote:
Hi!
The Band Emerald (Austria) was rejected due to the following points:

1. We need samples from the studio recordings. Not live recordings.

You can listen to studio recordings on http://www.reverbnation.com/emerald28 for example. No easy Way out, Nightmare, Seven Towers and Brainsick are studio versions.

2. Can you provide us any proof of the discography? Maybe reviews or places to buy it?

Take a look at http://www.musik-sammler.de/artist/319448, if it´s not enough I can send you photos of the CD´s.

I hope that´s ok!

Thanks. Your music sounds more like (hard) rock than metal to me, sorry. Maybe someone else could give it a listen too.

Emerald Austria
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:29 pm 

Well, the problem is that the studio versions are from the 90s and the producer thought it would be a good idea to make them more rock than metal. But if you listen to the live songs you´ll hear it´s metal.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:40 pm 

^Hmmm, it's a bit of a mess and I'm pretty damn hungover right now, but I'd agree with Helvede.

Here're my first impressions of the demo-tape:
'Seven Towers' --> rock
'No Easy Way Out' --> metal, mostly
'Nightmare' --> metal/rock
'Jungle of Lust' --> pure boogie rock from what I can hear in the live version

Iseankoe wrote:
Why have Vargr from Sweden been deleted? Though it is more of dark ambient/noise now, at least 4 first releases are strictly black metal.

Can you link to samples from these releases?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm 

RazorDick wrote:
Could a moderator listen to Kusgrinder's demo and reevaluate it? They were rejected a few months back. It is very borderline but I think it may be acceptable, take your time, I have 5 bands pending so it's not like I can submit them right away if they are acceptable http://www.mediafire.com/download/o2cjg ... rinder.zip

Sounds like spastic punk-based grind.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:59 pm 

bmbmosh wrote:
(...) How does this even help metal? This elitist attitude is exactly what holds us back from progression.
You know what further holds Metal from progression? Forming non-metal bands.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Emerald Austria
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:32 pm 

What do you say about How the gods kill, Some Pain will last and Brainsick?
I know it depends on what you call Metal. There are many different styles of Metal. We play the 80s and 90s style which is not really modern now, I know. But I think it´s still Metal.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:19 pm 

Emerald Austria wrote:
What do you say about How the gods kill, Some Pain will last and Brainsick?
I know it depends on what you call Metal. There are many different styles of Metal. We play the 80s and 90s style which is not really modern now, I know. But I think it´s still Metal.
In case you got it that way, my answer wasn't aimed at you, but at bmbmosh. In case you found it aimed at you and offensive, I am sorry.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Emerald Austria
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:36 pm 

No, sorry. That was my fault. My posting was ment to Azmodes.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 pm 

Ok. How about Genocide? Did anyone get to download their album Submit to Genocide?

~Guest 242064
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:11 pm 

Hi,

Why band The Mars Chronicles was blacklisted? They play alternative/post-metal and they released EP last year:
http://www.shop.sendthewoodmusic.com/th ... me-ep.html

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:24 pm 

PilariousD wrote:
Why band The Mars Chronicles was blacklisted?
According to the blacklist, it's non-metallic hard rock.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 541  Next