Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:13 pm 

OK, this one is dumb, but I've been trying to find this song for a long time. It was a Deathcore song that someone posted here in the vein of "hey check out this deathcore song I recorded." All I remember is that partway through, the breakdown was prefaced by the dude yelling "ARE YOU READY FOR A BREAKDOWN" and it was hilarious. It's kind of become a catchphrase amongst my friends so I'd like to find the actual song.

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:51 pm 

curtis1567 wrote:
Alsandair wrote:
Sounds amazing I hope someone knows.

This is a huge stab in the dark because I am hazarding a guess with no prior knowledge of such a game, but could it possibly be Powerglove? ;) They seem like probable perpetrators, them being game-oriented and all.

It definitely wasn't Powerglove. The band I'm trying to find was a lot more underground and lesser known. I believe they were from Italy or Spain and their music was really pretty bad. They were completely unoriginal and stereotypical euro-power metal. The only reason I'm trying to find them is because of how cool the game was.

kerjataiwankorea
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:34 am 

Thanks dude, now i can sleep peacefully ;)

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:11 am 

KrigareTjovane wrote:
I have no idea how long ago it was talked about on here (2007-2009 or sometime in there), but who was that cheesy power metal band who had their own 2D video game? Every time you'd get a power up in it Halford would scream "TWISTING THE STRANGLE GRIP / WON'T GIVE NO MERCY!"

I've been wondering about this game for a while.

Could it be? http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Machinae_Supremacy/21736
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

JuanFut
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:59 pm 

Hey people, I've been trying to identify a band called "Promethean" which was once in the Encyclopaedia, but not anymore. Although I know the name, I haven't been able to identify the band I'm looking for, I first saw it's name in a past thread, in which someone refers to it as a "classical" band. Here's the link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87877

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:07 am 

JuanFut wrote:
Hey people, I've been trying to identify a band called "Promethean" which was once in the Encyclopaedia, but not anymore. Although I know the name, I haven't been able to identify the band I'm looking for, I first saw it's name in a past thread, in which someone refers to it as a "classical" band. Here's the link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87877

http://www.metalkingdom.net/band/band_discography.php?idx=3045 could this be them?
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:31 am 

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a patriotic USBM band of one of the mods (or maybe just a regular on here)? I can remember liking a sample that was on myspace or something about 2 years or so back

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 pm 

There are two songs I can't remember. One of them was a Black Metal (or maybe it was Viking Metal) song by some band that I think is from Norway. All I remember of the song is that it has this comical BOING noise used somewhere in the song. The other song is a Power Metal song by a band that I think is from Europe. All I remember of this song is that when the song ends, it suddenly turns into dubstep for some reason (I think they where just trying to be ironic somehow). Any help identifying the two bands & their songs would be very appreciated.

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:08 am 

Manic Maniac wrote:
There are two songs I can't remember. One of them was a Black Metal (or maybe it was Viking Metal) song by some band that I think is from Norway. All I remember of the song is that it has this comical BOING noise used somewhere in the song. The other song is a Power Metal song by a band that I think is from Europe. All I remember of this song is that when the song ends, it suddenly turns into dubstep for some reason (I think they where just trying to be ironic somehow). Any help identifying the two bands & their songs would be very appreciated.

That boing noise is a jaw harp (mouth harp, Jew's harp etc)... I know a few bands that use one. Do you know any more info? Short or lengthy song? Positive it was from Norway?

Manic Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:31 pm 

I beleave the boing noises where used in the later half of the song. I think there may have been a music video for the song. Not intirely certain it was Norwegian, but I think it had that Norwegian-Scene-Lofi-Bathory-Inspired sound. I could be wrong though. I think the song was at mid tempo. I beleave it was by one of the more known bands, as in well known enough to be on a list of bands on Wikipedia. I remember watching a youtube video of the song & in the comments section someone commented on how the springy noise reminded him of the Sonic the Hedgehog video games.

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 am 

I know Moonsorrow use it a bit in their later stuff and is usually mid paced black metal?

Manic Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 am 

I really don't think the band I'm looking for sounded folkish. & the boing I'm looking for isn't that folky boing thing I heard several bands use either. It sounded alot more like a cartoonish spring release & it was kinda loud.

Valgrinder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:47 am 

Manic Maniac wrote:
I really don't think the band I'm looking for sounded folkish. & the boing I'm looking for isn't that folky boing thing I heard several bands use either. It sounded alot more like a cartoonish spring release & it was kinda loud.

Taake;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjkt7yCf0nU

Manic Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:55 pm 

That's exactly it! Thanks.
Now, about that other song, does anyone now what I was talking about? Power Metal? Has a short dubstep ending that just comes out of nowhere?

witheredheath94
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:20 am 

Hey, I'm looking for a band that I came across while browsing Youtube, but I can't seem to remember the name. It was a post black metal band, and the video had a still picture of a skeleton with a woman (naked from memory) sitting beside it. I'm not sure if that image was a cover art or a random picture. From what I remember, the music had a certain uniqueness to it, not your average generic post-black metal band.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:43 am 

Lord_Brendan wrote:
JuanFut wrote:

http://www.metalkingdom.net/band/band_discography.php?idx=3045 could this be them?

^ That Promethean, yeah, they were recently removed from MA for being more 70's prog rock than metal. Personally I think they were allright to keep on several levels, but I can also see why my fellow mod (don't know who) thought they were out of place here. It's definitely not classical music, I guess someone referred to them as classical because of the instruments in the band, but they are straight up 70's folkish prog rock (metal).

Superdreuzel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:41 pm 

The past two Marduk show's I've attended, there was an ambient track playing before the first song. I have looked everywhere, but I cannot find any information. Does anyone recognise it, or give me any information about it? It would be greatly appriciated

swebarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:18 pm 

Superdreuzel wrote:
The past two Marduk show's I've attended, there was an ambient track playing before the first song. I have looked everywhere, but I cannot find any information. Does anyone recognise it, or give me any information about it? It would be greatly appriciated

no idea but Marduk likes to use clips from famous movies and that for their intros o whatever..

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:12 am 

I'd bet that that Marduk's intro is done by them, or someone for them. It might be from some kind of a horror movie, but still it doesn't seem to fall into that category. Go on, ask from Marduk, and you'll get it!

Superdreuzel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:20 pm 

I already asked on the official Marduk Facebook page, and the reply from the official Marduk Fanpage said ''I believe it's from some movie'' but I didn't get any further information

J_Ason
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:18 pm 

Can someone help me identify this demo? I downloaded it as Grotesque (swe) - The Black Gate is Closed, but it's not that nor any other release from Grotesque on the archives. I don't recognize any of the riffs from other Grotesque releases, and the vocals sound more guttural. I'm not terribly familiar with other early SDM releases, but I checked the song lengths of demos from Grave, Nihilist, Dismember, Entombed and Unleashed, and they didn't match.

Song #1
Song #2
Song #3

Download link

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:18 pm 

Lord_Brendan wrote:
KrigareTjovane wrote:
I have no idea how long ago it was talked about on here (2007-2009 or sometime in there), but who was that cheesy power metal band who had their own 2D video game? Every time you'd get a power up in it Halford would scream "TWISTING THE STRANGLE GRIP / WON'T GIVE NO MERCY!"

I've been wondering about this game for a while.

Could it be? http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Machinae_Supremacy/21736

Unfortunately not. The band I'm trying to find didn't sing about video games at all, they merely had one with their name on it and stuff.

9h057
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:20 pm 

Can you help me identify this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3vWV55vukY

I have found it as mp3 long time ago as Metallica - Sweet Amber, later when Metallica released ST Anger album i renamed it as Pantera - Sweet amber because it sounds more like Pantera, and Metallica had Sweet amber on the ST ANGER album; anyway the stile is more heavy than Metallica.
Please if anyone can ID the band or song, i would like to listen more songs from the band.

Thanks.

Last edited by 9h057 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
daemonicobsession666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:21 pm 

in the song "at the left hand ov god" by behemoth theres this part where you can hear people singing in an ancient language? does anyone know what they might be saying or what language it is?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:14 am 

re Marduk that's just some Gregorian chanting isn't it?
I saw them play here not long ago and don't recall it but I do recall the "Jericho Sirens" between songs!

Tophatman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:13 pm 

Hi. I need help with finding a black metal music video. I only remember it vaguely, I think the "band" was kalled Garou, was norwegian and they probably only produced one video and nothing else. The video features a guy in corpse paint running, jumping and howling in the woods. There is also a girl in a white dress trying to escape but to no avail, he catches her in the end and kills her.

I've tried searching for it, but I've had no luck finding it. I just want to see it again and laugh at it for old times sake.

You will have my eternal gratitude.

9h057
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:14 am 

9h057 wrote:
Can you help me identify this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3vWV55vukY

I have found it as mp3 long time ago as Metallica - Sweet Amber, later when Metallica released ST Anger album i renamed it as Pantera - Sweet amber because it sounds more like Pantera, and Metallica had Sweet amber on the ST ANGER album; anyway the stile is more heavy than Metallica.
Please if anyone can ID the band or song, i would like to listen more songs from the band.

Thanks.

I`ve renamed my first post.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:29 am 

The song has lyrics that sound like "chains of fate" and "society is getting worse than ever"

Last edited by dreadmeat on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:42 am 

Manic Maniac wrote:
The other song is a Power Metal song by a band that I think is from Europe. All I remember of this song is that when the song ends, it suddenly turns into dubstep for some reason (I think they where just trying to be ironic somehow). Any help identifying the two bands & their songs would be very appreciated.

amorphis' song "cares" does this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MqvzGdmn3c

it's not strictly power metal, but elegy is a bit of a genre-blender overall.

9h057
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:47 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
The song has lyrics that sound like "chains of fate" and "society is getting worse than ever"

trust me, i have searched for lyrics but no results, its like it doesn't exists

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm 

daemonicobsession666 wrote:
in the song "at the left hand ov god" by behemoth theres this part where you can hear people singing in an ancient language? does anyone know what they might be saying or what language it is?

Maybe this?

Manic Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:39 pm 

@Turner
It's not that song. That electronic bit didn't even sound like dubstep at all. I'm certain it was at the very end, not the middle. & I'm certain it was Power Metal. It may even have been the cornier kind of Power Metal. I don't even listen to amorphis'es Melodeath/doom stuff.

I think the song I'm looking for is the last track of whatever album it originally came from. So I guess the short dubstep is like a hiddentrack or something.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:03 pm 

haha, i guess i should admit that i don't know exactly where the dubstep genre boundaries lie...

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:12 am 

jape79 wrote:
I found this on a tape, along with some other bands/songs I can't ID. Anyone know who it is?

http://aglitchinthematrix.net/i-am-the-evil.mp3

I've been listening to this since you posted it, circulated it on some gumby metal circles, and no one knows... could you give us a little more info? like when (and who) gave you the tape? is it mostly swedish, british or german bands? taped from CDs, vinyl or tape?

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:59 pm 

J_Ason wrote:
Can someone help me identify this demo? I downloaded it as Grotesque (swe) - The Black Gate is Closed, but it's not that nor any other release from Grotesque on the archives. I don't recognize any of the riffs from other Grotesque releases, and the vocals sound more guttural. I'm not terribly familiar with other early SDM releases, but I checked the song lengths of demos from Grave, Nihilist, Dismember, Entombed and Unleashed, and they didn't match.

Song #1
Song #2
Song #3

Download link

As long as we're revisiting the unsolved cases, this one, especially the first linked track, is officially driving me insane. If it's not something well known, I at least am 99% sure it's something I have in my collection -- but I can't find it! Argh. Aside from my physical stuff, I've been going through a thumbdrive of something like 200+ obscure death metal demos, thinking I may have come across those tracks when I went on a bit of a blogspot binge last year, but so far it's to no avail. It has to be one of those Finnish or Swedish bands from the late 80s/early 90s, but whooooo.

Shpizhius
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:02 pm 

Can someone, please, tell me what's the name of the band that owns this logo. I'm too poser to read it.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:36 am 

J_Ason wrote:

Song #1
Song #2
Song #3

Download link

Those songs are taken from Carbonized's Recarbonized demo 90
Song #1: 03. For the Security
Song #2: 04. Two Faces
Song #3: 05. The Monument
Awful rip though...

DeathfareDevil wrote:
As long as we're revisiting the unsolved cases, this one, especially the first linked track, is officially driving me insane.

Welcome back to sanity :-D
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:30 pm 

false_icon wrote:
Those songs are taken from Carbonized's Recarbonized demo 90
DeathfareDevil wrote:
As long as we're revisiting the unsolved cases, this one, especially the first linked track, is officially driving me insane.

Welcome back to sanity :-D

Oh, wow, thanks. Weirdly, I don't have any Carbonized so now I'm not sure where, when, or how I'd heard it before. A new mystery!

J_Ason
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:32 pm 

Thanks! I just downloaded a better version of the demo and the production is fucking lethal.

Shpizhius wrote:
Can someone, please, tell me what's the name of the band that owns this logo. I'm too poser to read it.

Maradorn. I found it through a wildcard MA search (mar*or*).

Shpizhius
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:49 pm 

Shpizhius wrote:

J_Ason wrote:
Maradorn. I found it through a wildcard MA search (mar*or*).

thank you! I'll try to use wildcard in the future. This logo was worn by some bus driver in Indonesia. There should be really interesting story how it got there.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 48  Next