Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:22 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I just know I'm not going to get to it this week. next week I'm going out of town. and my legs have this rash that literally looks like I set them on fire and stomped it out with leprosy.

Pics or it isn't there.

Also, I'm thinking about getting someone to do lyrics/vocals on my submission, but I'm not quite sure yet. I haven't been able to grasp thrash like vocals yet, but I'll give it a shot after a couple beers when I'll care a little less. Can't decide on clean singing (it is also a doom metal song, not just thrash), shouting and wailing, or just straight up growled and harsh vocals.

I'll update if I want to collab with vocals though, for now lets assume I'm doing everything myself.

Edit: What if I used some lyrics from the March/April 2011 challenge that never got used. Like maybe "Eye for an Eye", or "Fins of the Apocalypse"? :D

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:00 am 

And the pic doesn't even do justice to the redness and I didn't feel like taking off my boots this morning since I basically have a red anklet of meaty red surrounding them so it's a hassle to get them on and off.

TheOldSkull
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:54 am 

Don't leave it like that, go to a doctor or at least try to get some information and self-medicate or something. A friend of mine had the same rash and just waited for it to end, it ended with last minute surgery, this close to amputation.

Or maybe it's not that bad, but seriously get some information.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:18 pm 

I've already been to the doctor last friday, she gave me some cream. And actually that is 'better' than it was friday. I have a followup appointment tmwr morning. Usually I get a shot of steroids so maybe I'll get that.

And it wasn't that I was just letting it get worse and worse, I was putting on some other perscribed cream that I had from the last time I had something like this last year. I ran out of it that and then went to the doctor.

it feels like heaven when I take a hot shower.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:05 pm 

It aint bedbugs is it?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:50 pm 

I don't think so... if it was it was from the hotel I stayed in North Carolina. but the doc said it looked fungal. But this is something I break out with when I get near poison Ivy which I'm highly allergic to. I mean like sores and shit like that appear within the day from poison ivy. But these never boiled up with pus or anything which i'm used to. plus I haven't actively been outside in anything with out a ton of clothing on. so who knows.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:19 pm 

KFD wrote:
I feel sorry about infinitenexus, because he was a nice, respectful and interesting poster. I don't know about the fuss which got him banned, but I will defend freedom of speech any time I can. I'm quite surprised that such things happen on an American board, because here in France we don't have any freedom of speech anymore (some people get in jail for expressing their ideas, and 99% message boards use heavy censorship). If this situation could be solved, I would be glad.

1. The American right to freedom of speech only prevents the government from restricting your speech.
2. This site isn't American, the webmasters are Canadian.

Nightwisher1990 wrote:
He could go in from a different IP simply by using a hotspot program :P hopefully I won't be banned for this recommendation too :D

He did and was detected and banned quickly. We're not stupid. ;)

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I've already been to the doctor last friday, she gave me some cream. And actually that is 'better' than it was friday. I have a followup appointment tmwr morning. Usually I get a shot of steroids so maybe I'll get that.

And it wasn't that I was just letting it get worse and worse, I was putting on some other perscribed cream that I had from the last time I had something like this last year. I ran out of it that and then went to the doctor.

it feels like heaven when I take a hot shower.

Ouch. Hope this gets better soon for you. Ask the doctor if it could be something that ends up in your boots, because a red ring around the top of your boots sounds like a bit of it has washed down to there with sweat. The worst thing about something like this is when it's almost gone, then it comes back, and I had that happen to me once.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 pm 

well it actually started up near my knee. It's just retarded that's about all I can about that.

At the very least I'm going to ask for another tube of whatever cream I was prescribed. it seemed to work the best out of the 3 different ones I've had before. nothing over the counter has or will ever work.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:21 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
1. The American right to freedom of speech only prevents the government from restricting your speech.
2. This site isn't American, the webmasters are Canadian.

Is it hosted in Canada?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:26 pm 

Who cares? The point is none of these laws apply to a privately owned and operated forum.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:15 pm 

Well anyway, I haven't even started on lyrics yet.... I do NOT know what to write about. All I know is the instruments are done and I hope I can get lyrics done before the 10th so I have time to prooflisten.

Nightwisher1990
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:11 pm 

I am done with my songs should I send it to Shaolin ? I hope my vocals won't sound retarded because it's the first time for me to experiment with such vocals type :P

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:13 pm 

Unless he says otherwise, I don't think he's the one who picked up this challenge.

Edit: TheOldSkull picked it up, so you might want to talk to him.

InThyKingdom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:03 pm 

@nightwinter OldSkulll is hosting it, send the link with the music to him on PM :)
LITTLE NORWAY PRODUCTIONS

Last edited by InThyKingdom on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldSkull
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:31 pm 

@nightwinter

Just upload it somewhere and send me a pm with the link! Don't forget lyrics if you want them included.

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:41 am 

That rash pic looks nasty. Cool, I'll check out your narrative challenge submission when I get a chance on my work comp.

I'm all practised up on guitar/drums for my thrash songs and am 1/3 finished the lyrics. But my laptop is crashing again... posted on a windows7 forum so hopefully they'll be able to help me before the deadline.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:11 pm 

They will have nothing to benefit you on there!

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:45 pm 

Trying to psych me out? :)
Looks like the problem was a bad stick of ram, so I took it out. Got my fingers crossed for no more crashes. Also planning on doing a cover of an 80's song.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:51 pm 

Not too much I just know those forums are normally devoid of anything useful.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:09 am 

CloggedUrethra wrote:
That rash pic looks nasty. Cool, I'll check out your narrative challenge submission when I get a chance on my work comp.

I'm all practised up on guitar/drums for my thrash songs and am 1/3 finished the lyrics. But my laptop is crashing again... posted on a windows7 forum so hopefully they'll be able to help me before the deadline.

I'd say look at your computers processes in task manager and see what the hell is plugging it up. I had a similar problem with my laptop last week and it turns out one of my updates was stuck in a loop or glitched or something. So I removed stopped the process and removed the update. My computer's been running fine ever since.

I'm still in a lyrical funk, and I don't have one word written.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:14 am 

Yeah, a bad stick o' ram will do that. Happened to me a few years back and the troubleshooting basically involved rotating sticks of RAM around to determine if it was the actual RAM stick or one of my memory slots. Eventually I found the culprit (luckily was just a RAM stick and not the mobo) and took it out before buying some new RAM later.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

MLG_Death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:37 am 

So where do we post our submissions? In this thread?

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:30 am 

MLG_Death wrote:
So where do we post our submissions? In this thread?

TheOldSkull wrote:
Just upload it somewhere and send me a pm with the link! Don't forget lyrics if you want them included.

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:12 pm 

Recorded drums yesterday and will do guitars/vocals tomorrow then mixing on Sunday and upload on Monday. Thrash is fun! I haven't actually tested whether it's the ram stick or the slot, I just took out one ram stick and didn't get any errors on a memtest program (had lots of errors with both sticks in). Laptop doesn't seem to feel any slower with only one stick so far. It's great to have the laptop back, gonna have to record a lot now.

TheOldSkull
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:28 pm 

Ok guys, deadline is supposed to be tomorrow but only InThyKingdom sent me his track so far, so...

NEW DEADLINE : 28TH FEB, LAST CALL FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!

Nightwisher1990
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:58 pm 

Damn I thought I've sent it, sending now o.O

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:18 pm 

I'm having some major computer problems, I'm gonna try to fix it in time but I may have to pull out of the challenge. Will let you guys know sometime soon.

For those who want to know what's going on, my anti-virus isn't detecting any threats, my CPU is not clogged up, and my system memory is fine too. But for some reason clicking and opening programs or even task manager locks up my laptop and nothing works. I can move my mouse, but most of the time hovering doesn't highlight the button even though task manager is moving and working. It's like the background just freezes, but I can move my mouse and task manager is still keeping track of running programs.. Like I said, no processes are plugging anything up, my memory and CPU looks good and clear, so I don't understand what the hell is up. Just ran system restore and re-updated but I have a feeling it will happen again soon.

Also, I had a blue screen while playing some music yesterday.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:31 pm 

It might be biting the dust...

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:12 pm 

I think so too. Hope its not the case though

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:51 am 

This isn't looking like it's gonna be the archives' most glamorous challenge haha.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:56 am 

it'll be like the last few. The grindcore one was a flop and the story narrative one was it only had 2 people do that.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:00 am 

I finished mixing my song (2 versions) last night. It's a bit sad to postpone the deadline again, initially it was supposed to be February 14th.

Anyone who has joined the challenge should be able to provide at least a demo/draft version of one's song.

I urged myself to finish on time, of course now I can remix my song to better it, but the challenge loses its meaning.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:39 pm 

All I need is lyrics and vocals. Instruments are all done.

My focus has been on my pc though. I think I got the heart of it with Malwarebytes, but there's still a little glitch where if I run a full scan, MB freezes up on a particular folder (something with NET and Framework in the filename). So I gotta find a way around that before I can call my pc clear. All in all, my system is running just fine for now, it looks like its all good except for this little hiccup.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 am 

Is this thing still alive?

My song is finally completed. I did some experimenting with my vocals in certain parts (like falsetto howls and less melodic singing), and I'm gonna sleep on it. Should have it submitted by tomorrow night if all is well.

When submitting lyrics, do I just type them out in the PM or do I need to submit the wordpad document?

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 am 

I hope so.. I wanna hear some MA thrash tracks, even if its just a handful.

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:18 am 

As I said, my song (2 versions) is ready. I want to remix the faster version. I will submit my contribution before the deadline.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:44 am 

Yeaaaaa..... Some shit on vocals I though might have sounded cool yesterday just sound plain silly today (mainly in the clean[er] category). So I guess I'll just replace those little bits and submit. If anyone wants to hear the original version without the cleans edited out, just let me know and I'll post a link. Otherwise, for this challenge, I want to send in something I can feel confident in 100% so the cleans are edited out in my submission.

Edit: Umm.... Where do I upload this where it can be ready for download? I don't know what's trusted and what's not.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:41 am 

OBVIOUSLY you have to post the original version. I wanna hear it :)

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:26 am 

Ok cool. Let me upload it to Youtube and I'll post the link come the deadline.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:20 am 

Mediafire, dropbox, google drive are all great upload sites and work without horrible viruses raping you.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next