Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:56 pm 

Gotcha, makes perfect sense then.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:57 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Definitely one of my favorite actors though, so it sucks quite a bit that he's gone.

Easily one of the most talented actors in Hollywood, hands down. He got a fair amount of lead roles, so no harm done there. And, frankly, he's pretty astounding in that even his supporting cast roles would be so much better-crafted than the leads (e.g. The Amazing Mr. Wack-ly). Addiction's a bitch. It's tempting to say something like "why didn't he stay alive longer to entertain me more!?" Who knows what his personal life was like. Still, it only takes once. One shot at the wrong time and exeunt. Sucks to see that happen to talented people .. not that talent is a reason to live, but what else do I as an outsider have to go on? Can't deny the guy gave me the feels virtually every time I watched him work.

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:16 pm 

Napero wrote:
Once the house extension is finished, I want to get back to pen-and-paper RPGs. The epic story aboard a generation ship halfway through its 6000 year voyage is still untold.

"Long Sun" style? Nice.

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:54 pm 

Reading that now actually. Well, by that I mean "New Sun" and by reading I mean "coming back to it in between reading The Silmarillion and a few other things."

Reading more than one book at once can be a bitch.

As for Hoffman, yeah, this sucks.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:23 pm 

Wait. batman got yet another promotion?! At this rate he'll take control of the site and make the "notbatman Archives" in which we'll discuss everything that without a doubt isn't Batman.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 pm 

He's not the hero MA deserves, but the one it needs right now.

Someone else who isn't Batman:
Spoiler: show

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:31 pm 

I don't get it. That just looks like grauer_mausling!
Hehe, foreskins.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:38 pm 

Heath Ledger wasn't the Joker either until he was the Joker. So who knows.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:40 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Someone else who isn't Batman:
Spoiler: show

ZIIIIIIING!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:42 pm 

Tony, you know you love Ben Affleck.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:52 pm 

Yeah, I bet he'll be totally fine and I can see him as good Bruce Wayne. What are you guys thinking of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? I think it's a good choice personally, I didn't want an older Luthor (like the rumors Cranston or Phoenix) and both Eisenberg and Cavill are 30 years old and we know he can be pretty creepy as demonstrated by the Social Network. I like the adventurous casting decisions so far, I wonder if they'll cast someone as Nightwing.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:00 pm 

I think Bryan Cranston would be perfect as Luthor. Maybe I'm not up on the comics, but was Luthor ever presented as young as Eisenberg is? Eisenberg's a good actor but he seems like he'd be way too young. I guess they're going in a new direction.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:33 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
I think Bryan Cranston would be perfect as Luthor. Maybe I'm not up on the comics, but was Luthor ever presented as young as Eisenberg is? Eisenberg's a good actor but he seems like he'd be way too young. I guess they're going in a new direction.

There's many Superman storylines where Luthor and him are the same age and even high school friends, I prefer it that way, it makes more sense as they're arch enemies.

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:09 pm 

Quote:
Okay so it seems that a lot of people are pretty off in their understanding of what "rape culture" is, so I think I should provide a proper feminist perspective.

Oh, I wasn't laughing at that. I was mocking how rape is apparently not serious/a joking manner when it comes to things like prison rape. Because that shows a very deep understanding of morality.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:48 pm 

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:59 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Yeah, I bet he'll be totally fine and I can see him as good Bruce Wayne. What are you guys thinking of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? I think it's a good choice personally, I didn't want an older Luthor (like the rumors Cranston or Phoenix)
I didn't want Lex Luthor at all. He's been done to death and he's just a boring choice compared to the multitude of other interesting characters available. He doesn't need a reinvention or a new hip attitude kids can relate to, just put him to bed and give us Doomsday.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:21 am 

What kind of anti-virus software do you guys use? I'm using Norton 360, and I'm not sure its catching something that may be eating my CPU

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:27 am 

I use a combination of stuff - AVG, PandaCloud, Malwarebytes, Spybot.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:38 am 

I use Avira, Malwarebytes, and Spybot. Avira has done well for me thus far, I haven't gotten any viruses the entire time I've used it and I visit some, er... "virus-ridden" sites.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:57 am 

Arkhane wrote:
What kind of anti-virus software do you guys use? I'm using Norton 360, and I'm not sure its catching something that may be eating my CPU

I use Ubuntu Linux so I don't have to bother with anti-virus software. In the primitive ages I used a program called Norton and it did more harm than good, having to get through one pop up to encounter several more all just to proceed on the Internet was immensely irritating and until I switched off Windows I became accustomed that browsing the Internet sucked. Or yeah and computers aren't meant crash, that's another thing I discovered.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:59 am 

I just have two: Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes.

Truth be told, I don't know why I even keep Ad-Aware, as Malwarebytes does its job and more. But hey, safety in numbers and whatnot.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:13 am 

Hmm. I think I resolved the issue myself. Thanks anyway though, guys.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:18 am 

Relevant

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:26 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
I just have two: Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes.

Truth be told, I don't know why I even keep Ad-Aware, as Malwarebytes does its job and more. But hey, safety in numbers and whatnot.

Ad-Aware used to be so much better. I recently tried the current version. Man was it horrible, and it came off as more of an advertisement for their full ($ costing) version than an actually functioning piece of software.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:38 am 

This is a rather detailed article on the recent Woody Allen allegations:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -fast.html

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Yeah, I bet he'll be totally fine and I can see him as good Bruce Wayne. What are you guys thinking of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor? I think it's a good choice personally, I didn't want an older Luthor (like the rumors Cranston or Phoenix) and both Eisenberg and Cavill are 30 years old and we know he can be pretty creepy as demonstrated by the Social Network. I like the adventurous casting decisions so far, I wonder if they'll cast someone as Nightwing.

Sweet looks like I won't be watching the next Superman or Batman movies now.

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:07 am 

J_Ason wrote:
@Rattus: What I'm saying is that proven to be false is not necessarily the same as false. Not all rape accusations that aren't proven true (as in lead to conviction) are false, and not all rape charges that aren't proven false are true. It's pretty simple.

I'm not going to go into the rape issue here as one of the mods here can't handle it for some reason and I don't care to argue against him/her and his/her problem at the moment. What I will say is that you're basically going into some kind of assumption that any number of convictions could be wrong, based on... What? Do you realize that the number of incorrect convictions for crimes in general are so slim as to be considered statistically insignificant? In fact here's an article from the US that shows that in the past 23 years, only over 2000 people were wrongly convicted. In a country that sustains a population of millions of prisoners yearly.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:16 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
Arkhane wrote:

I use Ubuntu Linux so I don't have to bother with anti-virus software. In the primitive ages

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I've been on Ubuntu since like 4 or 5 years and it's perfect for me!

The Super Bowl:

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:38 am 

Damn. He looks fucking enthused.

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:45 am 

Broncos fan, check out his right. Anyway, I've been hearing fireworks and horns and screams for the last couple of hours while cramming homework. Not a football fan but reading up on what happened it was a one-sided victory.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:47 am 

Rattus wrote:
Do you realize that the number of incorrect convictions for crimes in general are so slim as to be considered statistically insignificant? In fact here's an article from the US that shows that in the past 23 years, only over 2000 people were wrongly convicted. In a country that sustains a population of millions of prisoners yearly.

I am completely, absolutely certain that the number of false convictions is much higher because the justice system is corrupt. Through intimidation of trumped up charges and a pervasive plea bargain system, a lot of convictions are made that shouldn't be. People here know that even if they are innocent, fighting the justice system is generally more trouble and disruptive to their lives than accepting a reduced sentence from a plea bargain.

That 2000 number is completely phoney.

Quote:
To qualify as an "exoneree," an individual must have been convicted and later relieved of all the legal consequences.

People still involved in the system in any way aren't counted, which means there are more contested cases. These battles are long and drawn out, and regardless of innocence or guilt usually fail to exonerate them due to their lack of resources to continue their appeals. A lot of people don't know the appeals they have and don't bother. A lot of people know it would be more trouble to fight a wrong conviction than to accept the prison term quietly, especially if it is relatively short duration (not decades). This 2000 number only considers what are considered "serious" crimes. I don't know what they mean by "serious" as that is not a legal definition I'm aware of. Lots of people are in for life or decades sentences for things you may not consider as serious as rape and murder.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:01 am 

Any insect experts living in the eastern U.S. who can tell me what looks like an adult bed bug (before it feeds), except like 5 times the size? That is to say, it's about the size of a penny, rather than just a few of the letters on a penny (which I believe is the size of an adult bed bug)?

I'm kinda weirded out now.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 am 

The ambient radiation is higher nowadays than the past. It's only natural that the bugs are growing to gargantuan size. Soon they will rival mankind for dominion over earth.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:10 am 

Yeah well I'm not yet ready to welcome our cimicidae overlords. Seriously, anyone got any ideas?

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:53 am 

Arkhane wrote:

Nothing. Slows my PC down. AntiVirus is for people who let their PCs get infected in the first place. It's a crutch, and a bad one. I prefer to lock the doors (Adblock, NoScript) and use common sense (not download and run crap on my computer). Malwarebytes for manual scans.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:20 am 

Earthcubed wrote:
Any insect experts living in the eastern U.S. who can tell me what looks like an adult bed bug (before it feeds), except like 5 times the size? That is to say, it's about the size of a penny, rather than just a few of the letters on a penny (which I believe is the size of an adult bed bug)?

I'm kinda weirded out now.

Did it look like this? http://imgur.com/a/4huBZ

If so, it was probably this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduvius_personatus in that case be nice to it because it eats bed bugs.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:13 am 

Earthcubed wrote:

You'll have better luck PM-ing Goatfangs on any query which is insect related.

~Guest 292988
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:51 am 

If you don't want viruses don't download them.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:53 am 

Welp, I made $40 on the company Super Bowl pool. Sports sports sports sports.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am 

Arkhane wrote:

Avg + Malwarebytes. The laptop works just well without any lag of sorts.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420 ... 518  Next