Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:38 pm 

At least they took a few years this time, hopefully they used the extra time to write a more consistent batch of songs than the last two.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:56 pm 

When it comes to non-metal stuff, I can't wait for the new Combichrist and Arditi.

peponaso
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:20 pm 

Overkill testament and metallica. I cant wait to hear what they bring to us.

NewVogueChild
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 pm 

beeneNOLAdoobie wrote:
oh shit! almost forgot about God of Atheists release coming this year!!

Asgeir Mickelson - Guitar
Trym - Drums
ICS Vortex - Vocals
Carl August Tidemann - Solo guitar
Ihsahn - Keyboards
Sareeta - Violin
Lars K. Norberg - Bass
Vibeke Stene - Soprano

That's a pretty impressive line-up, also great to hear Vibeke again as it's been a few years.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:27 pm 

I'm also looking forward to that one, although "God of Atheists" has to be the worst name.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:04 am 

I'm even more thrilled about it now that I've heard two tracks from Soreption - Engineering The Void (Feb. 18th) :hyper: :headbang:

(title track is also available)

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:19 am 

DIGITAL RESISTANCE, BBBBBYYYYYAAAAHHHHH!!!

Norvard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:08 am 

Also forgot to add these 2 gems to my list:

Falloch (currently mastering)

40 Watt Sun (should be out soon)

The Animator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:22 am 

just pre-ordered "As the Stars" by Woods of Desolation. The album is streaming here:
http://www.stereogum.com/1626052/stream-woods-of-desolation-as-the-stars-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/album-stream/

I only listened to a few tracks but it sounds like the kind of post black metal I like. I will wait till I actually get the album before listening to the rest.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:47 am 

I wasn't even aware there was anything planned or written until now, but there will already be a new Incantation album later this year. According to Alex Bouks, the band's wrapping up rehearsing the new material this week. They head back out on tour in mid-April with the opening show at St. Vitus in NY alongside Master (might even be touring with them, will have to check to be sure if it's more than just that one show,) so I'm presuming they'll be recording between now and then.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:22 am 

Well, the lack of updates on the Overkill front makes sense now.

"Overkill had moved it’s release date for the new record (which they are currently working on) til July. As a result the shows scheduled for March (except UK dates) will be moved to the Fall when you can expect a tour and a new release."

Pretty sure they were aiming for March-ish like The Electric Age in 2012. Damn this sucks, I was really expecting the info to drop any day now. Oh well...
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:03 am 

Poisonous, old school death metal from Brasil (for fans of 'Dawn Of Possession'), is writing material for their second album, probably scheduled for this year.

"You make it easy."

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:30 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Well, the lack of updates on the Overkill front makes sense now.

"Overkill had moved it’s release date for the new record (which they are currently working on) til July. As a result the shows scheduled for March (except UK dates) will be moved to the Fall when you can expect a tour and a new release."

Pretty sure they were aiming for March-ish like The Electric Age in 2012. Damn this sucks, I was really expecting the info to drop any day now. Oh well...

Yeah, it turns out Blitz hasn't done his vocals yet and he'll get around to recording them at the beginning of February, so at least it's merely getting everything finished instead of a creative clusterfuck the band/label/both/etc. weren't happy with. I would've preferred March too, but perhaps a release right in the middle of summer will fare better for them in regards to promotion and sales even if it's only slightly. They deserve that much.

Helstar's new album has a title, This Wicked Nest, and a European release date of April 25th. I'll assume the North American release date will probably be the end of May/first week of June depending on who picks it up for distribution, but hopefully much sooner than that. Here's the cover art:
Spoiler: show

That looks utterly ridiculous... and I love it!

Solstice (FL) has said there will be a new album this year but as much as I'd enjoy that, I'm putting off any legitimate excitement until there's some concrete news. 3/4 of the lineup since To Dust has been overhauled, including a returning Alex Marquez on drums.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

UNCHAIN_THE_WOLVES
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:39 am 

On paper it's shaping up to be a fuckin' awesome year in music for me...

New full-length albums due EARLY 2014 from some of my absolute favourite bands...

Drowning The Light
Eternum
Satanic Warmaster
Agalloch

... and it's just wishful thinking at the moment but Destroyer 666 have posted on their website that they have "cancelled all shows and will take no more bookings for shows scheduled for before summer 2014"... hopefully this might mean they plan to come back out for the European summer festivals with a new album...

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:04 am 

Just discovered pagan/black metal band Valknacht. I downloaded their Chants de Guerre album and liked it, so I bought it from The Omega Order (and it's on sale for 25% off right now). I saw on their MA profile their putting out a new album called Le Sacrifice D'Ymir and March 11, so I'm looking forward to that.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:21 am 

raumr wrote:
Gorgoroth just updated their Facebook page. We can definitely look forward to a 2014 album from them!

I wonder if Infernus still has riffs in him. Much of Quantos was so samey.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:02 am 

Month-old news now, but apparently Young and in the Way have finally finished their new album and it's due for release sometime soon. They say they spent like all of 2013 working on it, that it's 46 minutes long (about double the length of their other albums) and is their "biggest accomplishment to date." Since I'm a huge fan of the band (and the related Ayr) this has me pretty pumped.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:33 pm 

stam1na released a track off their upcoming album, which sounds rather interesting - a lot heavier than they've been in a while

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 pm 

Damn, that reminds me how awesome Finnish vocals are. Although I find the vocals to be a little bit too layered. Also I didn't care at all for the breakdown in the middle. A plus for drummers face at 0:43.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:34 am 

Stoked for a new Nocturnal album on HRR, February 28th.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:34 pm 

Sigh will begin recording their new album,Graveward, during the summer. I have very high hopes for this one.

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:52 pm 

Right now mainly Nausea and Diocletian, though I'm sure others will come up as the months go by...

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 am 

I'm really hoping for a new Iron Maiden album this year, but I get the feeling they're becoming one of those veteran acts that takes five or six years between albums.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:58 pm 

Apparently Blood Farmers are working on a new album titled "Headless Eyes". The title track of which surfaced last year. It's mind boggling as expected from the underground doom legends.

Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:27 am 

Massacre back with a new album in march...

"You make it easy."

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:48 am 

Forgotten Horror's website says they're working on a new album, but there's nothing like a cover/release date or any other info yet. I still think this could be a pretty great album, I really liked The Serpent Creation - really awesome black/thrash from members of the bands surrounding Deathchain (Jess and the Ancient Ones, Deathchain, Demilich etc.)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:53 pm 

The Lions Den wrote:
Massacre back with a new album in march...

I'm sorry, but that cover art and album title are absolutely laughable... This is more of a mockery and misuse of a name rather than anything else. Another one for the thrash bin, to paraphrase OzzyApu. :|

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:05 pm 

androdion wrote:
This is more of a mockery and misuse of a name rather than anything else.

Yeah because they sure left a great legacy behind them with "Promise" didn't they?

forfrosne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:21 pm 

I'm cautiously optimistic about In Flames because I actually liked their last one. It's not melodic death metal but I was never attached enough to that era of theirs for it to matter to me. Agalloch of course is likely to be great. I'm looking forward to Wolves in the Throne Room as well, even without drums/vocals because I realised those are the two least important parts of that band to me. And, of course, At the Gates. God I hope they don't release a POS, that band has such a strong legacy..

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:19 pm 

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration wrote:
androdion wrote:
This is more of a mockery and misuse of a name rather than anything else.

Yeah because they sure left a great legacy behind them with "Promise" didn't they?

Two facts:

1. "From Beyond" -> "Back From Beyond" :scratch:
2. Kam Lee isn't in it. :|

Do you understand my post now?! Promise is such a bad album that it doesn't even need mention. Like, ever!

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:33 pm 

I actually think that Massacre cover is kinda cool looking, but I can't say I'm really that excited for the new album. I wasn't all that impressed with their Condemned to the Shadows EP they put out in 2012, so if that's any indication of what they're going to sound like, I don't have much hope for Back From Beyond.

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:16 am 

androdion wrote:
Two facts:

1. "From Beyond" -> "Back From Beyond" :scratch:
2. Kam Lee isn't in it. :|

Do you understand my post now?! Promise is such a bad album that it doesn't even need mention. Like, ever!

Of course I do but here's one more fact: Promise exists, whether we like it or not.
Either way Massacre without Kam Lee isn't anything I'm looking forward to.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:47 pm 

Twilight put out a song from their upcoming final album, the one with Thurston Moore on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxmM5H8iXEk

It stops right when it (finally) starts to get interesting, so considering that it's the first track on the album, I really hope things pick up from there.

Windom Earle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:54 pm 

Artificial Brain - finally got around to listening and they're freaking awesome!

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm 

Cyntia "Limit Break", Albion "Campanula", and MinstreliX "Chronostrings" are my 3 most anticipated albums at the moment (all drop within the next month or so).

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:20 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Twilight put out a song from their upcoming final album, the one with Thurston Moore on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxmM5H8iXEk

It stops right when it (finally) starts to get interesting, so considering that it's the first track on the album, I really hope things pick up from there.

I was really excited about this album until I listened to this track yesterday. I expect so much more from these guys.

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:47 pm 

Not sure I've seen anyone mention Conan's new album, I'm really looking forward to it after the awesomeness that is Monnos. HUGE stoner/doom.

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm 

androdion wrote:
And another nail in my wallet apparently... Gorelust are going to put out a new album as well. FUCK! :o

What's the line-up ?

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:53 am 

I missed it earlier but that is a really surprising comeback, they weren't even in the same sort of set of bands that are cashing in right now. At any rate Reign of Lunacy is a great album and I'll gladly have some more.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:24 am 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
I actually think that Massacre cover is kinda cool looking, but I can't say I'm really that excited for the new album. I wasn't all that impressed with their Condemned to the Shadows EP they put out in 2012, so if that's any indication of what they're going to sound like, I don't have much hope for Back From Beyond.

I gave the ep a listen and liked it. As far as the cover and title, it looks like they rerecorded From Beyond and decided to "update" the cover. I'll at least give it a try.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next