Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:32 pm 

Unsurprising lineup as they've been circle-jerking over these bands nonstop recently, but still should be a good time.

Carcass
Black Dahlia Murder
Gorguts
Noisem

Tues, March 18 / Orlando, FL / The Beachum Theater
Wed, March 19 / Atlanta, GA / Masquerade
Fri, March 21 / Dallas, TX / Prophet Bar
Sat, March 22 / Austin, TX / Mohawk
Mon, March 24 / Phoenix, AZ / The Press Room
Tue, March 25 / Santa Ana, CA / The Observatory
Wed, March 26 / San Francisco, CA / The Regency Ballroom
Fri, March 28 / Vancouver, BC / Commodore Ballroom
Sat, March 29 / Seattle, WA / Showbox Market
Sun, March 30 / Portland, OR / Roseland Theater
Wed, April 02 Denver, CO / Summit Music Hall
Fri, April 04 / Minneapolis, MN / Mill City Nights
Sat, April 05 / Chicago, IL / House Of Blues
Sun, April 06 / Columbus, OH / Newport Music Hall
Mon, April 07 / Pittsburgh, PA / Stage AE
Tue, April 08 / Toronto, ON / Sound Academy
Wed, April 09 / Montreal, QC / Metropolis
Thu, April 10 / Boston, MA / Paradise Rock Club
Fri, April 11 / New York, NY / Best Buy Theater
Sat, April 12 / Philadelphia, PA / Trocadero Theatre
Sun, April 13 / Silver Spring, MD / The Fillmore

Last edited by Metantoine on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poster added.

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:53 pm 

I'll definitely be at the Chicago show, but why does it have to be at House of Blues :ugh:

Mojo Bundy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:47 am 

I'll be at NYC. Best Buy Theater isn't where I would have expected this show but I don't mind the venue aside from the very expensive bar.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:24 pm 

I'm kind of surprised the Philly date is at the Trocadero this year, it's a lot smaller than where they had it last year (Union Transfer), and THAT was almost packed to capacity. Either way, I'm going.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:49 am 

sabbathfan4993 wrote:
I'll definitely be at the Chicago show, but why does it have to be at House of Blues :ugh:

I like the HoB, sure it's a bit pricey but it's a good size and they usually have great sound. I doubt I'll spend the money on this though as I'm seeing Gorguts on Sunday and they're the band I'd be most interested in seeing and it looks like they're going to be early in the line up. Plus I'm sure that Carcass will be driving up the ticket prices considerably, let's check. Yup almost $42 for a ticket, most likely a pass for me.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:50 pm 

Looks like everyone is a bit disappointed by the venue choices. The Showbox is Seattle's worst venue, a weird middle-large club with horribly overpriced booze and the worst sound in town.

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:46 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
Looks like everyone is a bit disappointed by the venue choices. The Showbox is Seattle's worst venue, a weird middle-large club with horribly overpriced booze and the worst sound in town.

I actually think Studio Seven is worse, but yes both of them are undesirable. The sound quality isn't the best but ive really been enjoying shows at The Highline, relaxed atmosphere, pinball and decent drinks. But yea, for larger shows I think Neumos is definitely the prime venue, either way ill be attending this. Carcass's quality seems to be going down everytime I see them, but its a band that seems silly to miss.

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:25 am 

I'm so tired The Black Dahlia Murder being on shows I go to. I've never really wanted to see them but if I attend this (which I plan on) I'll have seen them FOUR fucking times.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:22 pm 

Could be worse. It could be Blackguard instead.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:34 pm 

Huldrelok wrote:
narsilianshard wrote:

I actually think Studio Seven is worse, but yes both of them are undesirable. The sound quality isn't the best but ive really been enjoying shows at The Highline, relaxed atmosphere, pinball and decent drinks. But yea, for larger shows I think Neumos is definitely the prime venue, either way ill be attending this. Carcass's quality seems to be going down everytime I see them, but its a band that seems silly to miss.

Studio Seven is ok, not very good sound. Highline I've never been to but I'd expect it to be better just based on the area it's in. Neumos I was at when I saw Bolt Thrower and it ruled. Fantastic stage, great sound, large area with no obstructions, etc. I dislike both Showboxes because of that middle-large-ness. Guess I've always preferred smaller venues.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:05 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Highline I've never been to but I'd expect it to be better just based on the area it's in.

Highline is probably the best place for metal in Seattle. It's run by the dudes in Bell Witch/Samothrace and they know how to put on a show. Their sound used to be good but they recently upgraded their system so now it's great. Plus it only holds about 250 people so it's a great small club atmosphere. The only downside is they try to make as much money on booze as possible so even weekday shows will run until 2am which is fucking annoying.

FearTheNome
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:15 pm 

Looks like I'll making a trip to Toronto in a few months!

ThrashTravelEatMe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:28 pm 

I'm happy with the Roseland Theater venue in Portland mostly cos it's walking distance to my house. It is a good venue though.

beeneNOLAdoobie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:06 am 

just bought tickets for the austin show! anyone that went last year remember about how long the sets were?

sicboy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:06 pm 

Dave_o_rama wrote:
I'm kind of surprised the Philly date is at the Trocadero this year, it's a lot smaller than where they had it last year (Union Transfer), and THAT was almost packed to capacity. Either way, I'm going.

Same here, the sound at UT is pretty great. I hate the Troc. Every metal show there is so overpowered by kickdrum and sounds terrible. Pretty disappointing venue choice IMO.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:14 pm 

sicboy wrote:
Same here, the sound at UT is pretty great. I hate the Troc. Every metal show there is so overpowered by kickdrum and sounds terrible. Pretty disappointing venue choice IMO.

Agreed, most of the bands I've seen at the Troc just don't sound as good as they should. Although I've seen a couple bands there that sounded really good, so perhaps it's just a problem with people not knowing how to set up or something.

Headless420
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:39 pm 

Dave_o_rama wrote:
sicboy wrote:

Agreed, most of the bands I've seen at the Troc just don't sound as good as they should. Although I've seen a couple bands there that sounded really good, so perhaps it's just a problem with people not knowing how to set up or something.

I say this is true for almost all venues around philly. Kick drum is always way too loud.

Faster Than You
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:00 pm 

Dave_o_rama wrote:

I'm going as well.

Reply to topic