Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:52 am 

The Infamous Bastard wrote:
Btw recommend me some experimental grindcore bands. Experimental in a way that the experimentation doesn't hinder the band's grind vibe, but in a way that it separates the band from sounding like hundreds of other grind bands. Provided that I have already listened to Discordance Axis, Japanische Kampfhörspiele, Gridlink, and such to omit obvious recommendations. And no, I don't like Cephalic Carnage.

Swarrrm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khg3xTS3weI

if you dig this get Against Again and the picture ep

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:37 pm 

The Infamous Bastard wrote:
Btw recommend me some experimental grindcore bands. Experimental in a way that the experimentation doesn't hinder the band's grind vibe, but in a way that it separates the band from sounding like hundreds of other grind bands. Provided that I have already listened to Discordance Axis, Japanische Kampfhörspiele, Gridlink, and such to omit obvious recommendations. And no, I don't like Cephalic Carnage.

Because you said you don't like Cephalic Carnage, I was curious to see what experimental grindcore you do like. Could you please explain to me what's so experimental about Discordance Axis? I'm not saying it's bad music or anything but I don't see either how they're crossing any boundaries, like Cephalic Carnage does. Seems like straight up grindcore to me.

last.fm

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:03 pm 

Then you aren't very familiar with what grindcore traditionally sounds like. Esp at the time it was released. It's pretty far from straight up grindcore. that would be like Terrorizer, PLF, Crippled Bastards and the sort. Only more later on there is more bands like Discordance Axis. So if you are new to grind in general you might just be thinking it's grouped in with all these newer bands that took influence from them. There is a reason they are on everyone's lips first off when meantioning more experimental grindcore.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:08 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Then you aren't very familiar with what grindcore traditionally sounds like. Esp at the time it was released. It's pretty far from straight up grindcore. that would be like Terrorizer, PLF, Crippled Bastards and the sort. Only more later on there is more bands like Discordance Axis. So if you are new to grind in general you might just be thinking it's grouped in with all these newer bands that took influence from them. There is a reason they are on everyone's lips first off when meantioning more experimental grindcore.

I wouldn't say I'm new to grindcore, but yeah, I guess you have a point since I'm not that familiar with pre-2000 grind.

last.fm

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:49 am 

Thanks for the recommendations, guys!

I was aware of few in the list like Noisear, Maruta, etc.

Among the ones I checked out, Absvrdist was intense and I loved the complexity with structures and speeds. Ditto with Cara Neir. Lethargy sounds cool but probably not what I'm looking for. I felt that they were playing Pig Destroyer in a slower tempo lol. Crowpath was cool too, loved the variations on their riffing techniques.

Ohrwurm wrote:
Because you said you don't like Cephalic Carnage, I was curious to see what experimental grindcore you do like. Could you please explain to me what's so experimental about Discordance Axis? I'm not saying it's bad music or anything but I don't see either how they're crossing any boundaries, like Cephalic Carnage does. Seems like straight up grindcore to me.

Cephalic Carnage may be crossing boundaries with all that jazz stuff, but they still sound pretty dull for me. SLK pretty much summed it up about Discordance Axis.

Karlabos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:22 pm 

Is there grindcore with clean vocals?
I managed to find black metal and even death metal with clean vocals, but no success with grindcore =p

Oh: I mean, an entire album with more than 90% of the vocals clean, not just a 10 second passage on a song, y'know...
So, any recs?

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:48 am 

Karlabos wrote:
Is there grindcore with clean vocals?
I managed to find black metal and even death metal with clean vocals, but no success with grindcore =p

Oh: I mean, an entire album with more than 90% of the vocals clean, not just a 10 second passage on a song, y'know...
So, any recs?

Would like to hear about this too, although it might be very hard to find. Even harder if the band is to be any good.

I found this list: http://www.amazon.com/grindcore-vocalis ... 0655WOR260

The person who made this list is clueless though. I've yet to find any grindcore in it. F*cking All That Remains is in the list...

last.fm

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:49 pm 

Never heard of anything like you said with clean vocals in grindcore. it's pretty much a complete contradiction of what grindcore represents. If there is a band that does have it where it's significantly done or even if all their vocals are clean... I would honestly be hardpressed to call it grindcore and I know I'd def won't find it enjoyable.

Karlabos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:10 pm 

Ohrwurm wrote:
Would like to hear about this too, although it might be very hard to find. Even harder if the band is to be any good.

I found this list: http://www.amazon.com/grindcore-vocalis ... 0655WOR260

The person who made this list is clueless though. I've yet to find any grindcore in it. F*cking All That Remains is in the list...

Yeah, not much grindcore on this list, and actually judging by what I listened not much clean vocals also :p
Well, I guess it's a thing that it's yet to be done.

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Never heard of anything like you said with clean vocals in grindcore. it's pretty much a complete contradiction of what grindcore represents. If there is a band that does have it where it's significantly done or even if all their vocals are clean... I would honestly be hardpressed to call it grindcore and I know I'd def won't find it enjoyable.

Yeah, I used to think that about death and black metal too, until I found bands successfully using clean vocals that suited. It helped me know more what black and death metal are, but you're right in one thing: Grindcore was originally highly based on hardcore, if one took away the growls and pig squeals, would it still be considered grindcore? Heh...

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:42 pm 

Karlabos wrote:
pig squeals

:scratch:

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 pm 

Interesting discussion. Might deserve its own thread.
I believe grindcore is mainly the instrumental aspect, and yes, the vocals have always been present but I think no form of music (except maybe opera and rap) is inherent to its vocals.
The main issue with grindcore with clean vocals would be if it would be any good. Grindcore is frantic music and may need harsh vocals because it has ranges that clean vocals couldn't do. If it could be done it will probably need a vocalist with an insane amount of talent. It may seem strange, but I think Jack Black could actually pull it off.

last.fm

Fearofnapalm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:35 pm 

I am sure these have all been listed but here is what i have found over the years in Grindcore:

NAPALM DEATH: This band has a stupid amount of releases, each of them are their own (with different line ups, even genres)
Scum: I can listen to the whole album any time but much prefer the first half. Some good crustly oldschool grind. Excellent production for the type of music displayed
F.E.T.O: Solid grind from start to finish, true benchmark for genre.
Now napalm death have many other albums, that cover some different genres. However if you want some "experimental grindcore" these guys made about 8 Grind albums from the late 90s till now. Each are different and try experementing in different ways.

REPULSION: Unfortunately these guys only made one album (Horrified). Its a shame because this is one of my favorite albums. Very primitive grind with horrible production (especcially the bass) which only adds to the sound. The swing beats of the drummer and the acid attack of the vocals drive me nuts every time.

MACABRE: Amazing three piece band that sings about serial killars with up beat grinding vibe and nursery rhyme lyrics. Yes somehow this is the combination for some of the best grind you will ever hear.
Gloom: This is the only hard copy album i have from Macabre and it is my favorite. Sinister Slaughter and Dahmer are good, but cant touch this imo. Every single fucking song on this album just rips your face off as you are humored (maybe even scared) from the ridiculous lyrics. Each of the three members performs flawlessly and all three also do vocals. Lots of dynamics in this band.

BOLT THROWER: Yes this is a death metal band but their first 2 albums where very grinding to say the leaste.
In Battle there is No Law: Their debut. At first i passed this off as their shittiest album. But it has grown as one of my favorite albums. Very loose style of playing here. It sounds like all the instruments are struggling to keep in sync. This leads to the band playing very loosely and inconsistantly. It is awesome how they are all slightly out of pace then boom tight for 5 seconds then back to being all over the place. Pure Chaos
Realm of Chaos: Another step towards the bands Niche. A little less grinding than their Debut but more solid song structures, production, playing etc. This is closer to Death than grind tho imo.

The Dillinger Escape Plan: Ok i heard all the bands full lengths and i honestly wasnt impressed at all. Until one day i discovered their First EP.
Under the Running Board: This is D.E.P. at their most raw and brutal grinding stage ever. Its only an EP with 3 songs on it. Vocals, production, instruments are all done very well (it is also a bit experimental with heavy jazz interludes). The three songs on this EP are also on their first LP. Just listen for yourself and ask WTF happened?

RIGHTEOUS PIGS: Only made 2 albums.
Live and Learn: Their debut. Very solid vocals and humorous lyrics on this album. Its under 20 mins so check it out. Unfortunately another band handicapped with some of the shittiest production uve ever heard.
Stress Related: not as grinding as their Debut, with heavy death influences but still in grinding vein. (here is a very heavy album with cleaner vocals) or shouted/hardcore vocals over some mid paced Death/grind. Very catchy album but it also sufferes from shitty production...

CARCASS: This is another band that is all over the board, covering different genres. Their first 2 albums where strait up grinders. Their first album tho has the shittiest production of any album that ive ever heard in my life. It is basically unlistenable. You can barely pick up a sick riff here and there but the rest is a blur.
Symphonies of Sickness: The birth of goregrind (who cares really). All i care about is that this three piece fucking shredded faces back in the day with awesome drumming and very dynamic vocals. All three members contribute with vocals. Some truly sick medical lyrics and veagan or vegitarion inspired ranting that i could give a fuck less about. Its all in the Brutal delivery.

AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED: most of their material is done with a drum machine and is the typical 5-30 second long songs with stupidly fast drums. However their latest album is different beast.
Agorapocalypse: The band decided to go for a more traditional aproach on this album. The drum machine no longer sounds "inhuman" and is very technical instead of balls to the wall at all times. The bass is audible and the guitar is thundering. This has the overall best/loudest production of any record i have ever heard. They utilize 3 different singers ranging from hardcore vocals to screamo to incomprehensible growling. This album only has 13 songs. their previous albums had minimal 30-40 songs. so they flesh things out alot on this album and obviosly put alot of effort into making each song. I am currently digging this album big time fore my grind fix.

PIG DESTROYER: Im sure everyone knows of this band. This was the first holy fucking shit band that i discovered. They dont use a bass which is not what i enjoy but they sure can pull off some sonic mayhem with just a drummer and guitarist. Vocals are very different from anything uve ever heard, heavily layed with sonic effects (which kind of sucks) but they will grow on you.
Prowler in the Yard: yes everyone knows it and i know it. This is a fucking masterpiece that needs no explanation.
Terrifyer: This album is also very good, maybe a slight step down from their debut but still so many hooks.
The band made 2 other albumes after these first ones and they are both a let down.....

SIEGE: only have the one demo im pretty sure that was released in 1984. This is just hardcore punk from the time taken to the extreme. way over the top vocals and this really is grind with the speeds that these kids reached. Sloppy short Grind with heavy bass and crazy vocals. The vocals are the best part hands down.

Ok into the Crustier territory now.
None of these bands are really "Grindcore" but the music cannot really be described by anything other than "Grinding"

NAUSEA: I dont know of the full discography from this band but they have a couple really good compilation albums of their splits/ demos etc.
Punk Terrorist Anothology vol.1: this is the only hard material i have by this band. Its all about the atmosphere. They have some of the best bass groovin atmospheric intros to their songs ever. Very creative stuff. I get the image of walking around in a modern or futuristic industrial area breathing in the smog and trying to avoid the acid rain when i listen to this album.

DYSTOPIA: This band is my greatest underground find so far. They only made one full length but its not even very good. Search their back catologue for more raw versions of their tunes. This band was obviously heavily infuenced by Nausea because they also use alot of cool atmospheric bass intros to their songs. Some might hate the vocals but i love them. its a dual vocal aproach most of the time with one screaming and one just sounding like hes about to bash someones head in from anger. You dont really find this level of passion in metal. truly convincing stuff, check em out. ala "the Aftermath" and "Human=Garbage" compilations.

DOOM: Basically Discharge taken to the next level. Dishcharge is one of my favorite bands so i really like doom as well. Very neanderthal approach to hard core punk with blunt short songs and 3-4 lines of lyrics in each song. Demands your attention in a way that true gind does. They dont have many Full lengths but have some really good compilations just like the last 2 listen bands.
Total Doom: this is easily their best material with 2 LPS and a Demo all on one disc with 37 songs. If you like discharge then you prob already own this.

Yeah this is some of the best Grind ive founds people so check it out. I am personally looking for more bands similar to DYSTOPIA and NAUSEA. I cant get enough of the atmosphere that these bands evoke.

Karlabos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:56 pm 

Ohrwurm wrote:
Interesting discussion. Might deserve its own thread.
I believe grindcore is mainly the instrumental aspect, and yes, the vocals have always been present but I think no form of music (except maybe opera and rap) is inherent to its vocals.
The main issue with grindcore with clean vocals would be if it would be any good. Grindcore is frantic music and may need harsh vocals because it has ranges that clean vocals couldn't do. If it could be done it will probably need a vocalist with an insane amount of talent. It may seem strange, but I think Jack Black could actually pull it off.

Curious statement, I can't picture Jack Black singing grindcore, but I think what !T.O.O.H.!'s vocalist did on their newer album would fit just fine, though. Actually that album is kind of grindcore influenced, except that made with 8-bit instruments or whatever.

I don't know about Opera, but hip hop can be even instrumental: check this.

Dragunov wrote:
Karlabos wrote:
pig squeals

:scratch:

What's wrong with the term "pig squeals?" =p

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:18 pm 

I'm looking for stuff in the vein of these bands and yes, I'm quite familiar with grindcore:

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:35 pm 

Maybe give headhitsconcrete a listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPWovS_Izrs

and I'll just say any 'death' or 'black' metal band that predominately uses either.... isn't one in my book. Like that socalled 'death metal' band that's all clean sung vocals. Sounds like..not death metal.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:11 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Maybe give headhitsconcrete a listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPWovS_Izrs

Familiar with that band, thanks though! You definitely got what I am looking for.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:26 am 

So you can say I hit_nail_on_head?

I'm sorry I should be PUNished for that.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

you might also in some way dig some Kungfu-Rick or Tower of Rome.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:06 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
So you can say I hit_nail_on_head?

I'm sorry I should be PUNished for that.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

you might also in some way dig some Kungfu-Rick or Tower of Rome.

Tower Of Rome seemed a bit too metalcore-kid-ish for me, if you get what I mean. Kung Fu Rick, well. Typical newer wave of thrashcore/pv. I'm looking for something more in the lines of this:

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:50 am 

hmm,

How about Tinnitus

http://tinnitusma.bandcamp.com/album/gehenna

Faith Addiction (mem of Cellgraft)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtPOhAQVSjE

Sex Prisoner
http://sexprisoner.bandcamp.com/

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:28 pm 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
Tower Of Rome seemed a bit too metalcore-kid-ish for me, if you get what I mean. Kung Fu Rick, well. Typical newer wave of thrashcore/pv.

Totally get that with Tower of Rome figure you might like from the dissonance and sheer blunt force of it.

I think it's funny that you say typical newer wave of thrashcore/pv though it's older than anything you have posted. like late 90's

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:11 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
Tower Of Rome seemed a bit too metalcore-kid-ish for me, if you get what I mean. Kung Fu Rick, well. Typical newer wave of thrashcore/pv.

Totally get that with Tower of Rome figure you might like from the dissonance and sheer blunt force of it.

I think it's funny that you say typical newer wave of thrashcore/pv though it's older than anything you have posted. like late 90's

I know I was mostly referring to sound-wise.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:12 am 

Fearofnapalm wrote:
Yeah this is some of the best Grind ive founds people so check it out. I am personally looking for more bands similar to DYSTOPIA and NAUSEA. I cant get enough of the atmosphere that these bands evoke.

I guess check out Excruciating Terror, Disrupt, Hellkrusher, and Phobia. Those bands have a lot of crust influence in them.

Fearofnapalm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:05 pm 

I guess check out Excruciating Terror, Disrupt, Hellkrusher, and Phobia. Those bands have a lot of crust influence in them.

I know of Disrupt. I have some of Phobias material (more Grind based). Never heard of Hellkrusher, sounds just like Doom which is awesome. Excrutiating Terror is great too. Thanks alot Im looking for more stuff just like this.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:14 am 

Fearofnapalm wrote:

I know of Disrupt. I have some of Phobias material (more Grind based). Never heard of Hellkrusher, sounds just like Doom which is awesome. Excrutiating Terror is great too. Thanks alot Im looking for more stuff just like this.

older Extreme Noise Terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ4Y5_qnfb0

Massgrave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMXWzcMqQg

Tacheless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aOy-vHvAx4

did my first year's end list. eps/comps/splits. only 10, but some stuff you guys might dig (but definitely know).

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.co ... s-and.html

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:49 pm 

Admittedly I don't like Dystopia (heresy, i know) and I've never really gotten into Nausea but I think there may be something for you to enjoy in the bands below

Cetascean
http://cetascean.bandcamp.com/

Impalers (TX)
http://theimpalers.bandcamp.com/album/demo-2010

Contagium
http://moshpittragedy.bandcamp.com/album/contagium

Extinction of Mankind
http://moshpittragedy.bandcamp.com/album/ale-to-england
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:30 am 

Wow the new Column of Heaven stuff is crazy weird but its so good. I've listened extensively to Mission from God but this seems to blow it out of the water.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:23 am 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
Wow the new Column of Heaven stuff is crazy weird but its so good. I've listened extensively to Mission from God but this seems to blow it out of the water.

yeah dog. two tapes sandwich that ep and those are more odd. hit me up if you want rips.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:54 am 

Ive heard Column of Heaven is doing a split with Gas Chamber. Already starting 2014 off strong. Any other releases anyone is excited for? I can't wait for the MDFL splits, All Water Torture shit (HIRS Split, LP hopefully), hopefully something new from Amputee, etc.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:17 pm 

man I just really can't get into Water Torture like some of you can :(

new Internal Rot stuff and Violent Gorge/Misanthropic Noise split are what I'm mostly stoked about at the moment, hopefully next year will be better overall for grindcore.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:10 am 

Dragunov wrote:
man I just really can't get into Water Torture like some of you can :(

new Internal Rot stuff and Violent Gorge/Misanthropic Noise split are what I'm mostly stoked about at the moment, hopefully next year will be better overall for grindcore.

yes and yes.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:07 pm 

Been jamming a bunch of goregrind lately. Figured I'd share the wealth.

Birth - https://birthgoregrind.bandcamp.com/
Bowel Leakage - http://bowelleakage.bandcamp.com/
Pyemesis - http://pyemesis.bandcamp.com/
Croque-Mort - http://croque-mort.bandcamp.com/album/n ... nic-terror

Torn Flesh Records - http://tornfleshrecords.bandcamp.com/
This is mostly shit that seems terrible and far too slammy/not enough punk influence for me to give a shit about but will probably appeal to Grindcoremaniac135 so there ya go.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:37 pm 

The guy in Torn Flesh Records asked me if he could put our stuff on his website. Idk if that would be worth doing at all.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:55 am 

Kinda doesn't seem like it fits with a lot of what he has up there but it certainly wouldn't hurt, just one more place someone could happen across your jams. Not sure how Grindcore Karaoke and Moshpit Tragedy work but those might be a better bet for getting it heard by folks interested in what you're doing.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:12 pm 

Yeah we are on Grindcore Karaoke already as well as my friends thing called Prime Eggsample. Some Russian website put our album up as well. I don't really like the EP that much to care where else it goes. Gotten some positive feedback but our newer stuff is way better that we only play like 5-6 songs from that EP now so other then releasing the EP I really don't care about trying to get our word out more then I've done so far.

So I think a cool genre is blackened grindcore and any black metal influences in it. Works well. I'm sure you guys are aware of this but to anyone that doesn't know here ya go:

Nak'ay: http://nakay.bandcamp.com/releases
Nuclear Hellfrost: http://nuclearhellfrost.bandcamp.com/
Special Buddy Discount: http://specialbuddydiscount.bandcamp.com/

Now I don't know why anyone considered Anaal Nathrakh to be a blackened grindcore band. I haven't listened to their discography that much but I never once got that vibe from them.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:19 pm 

I think Nak'ay transferred all of their black metal influence over to Nuclear Hellfrost, who rip shit up. The Nak'ay/Archagathus split was one of my favorite grindcore records that came out this year, definitely excited for anything else they drop. I'd love to catch one of their gigs more though!

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:33 pm 

Are there any bands similar to Jig-Ai, to include similarly decent production? Not necessarily similar in lyrical topic, just a similar sound.

ferreira864
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:39 am 

I'm looking for some grindcore with the following (dis)qualifications -

1. I'm not a fan of obnoxiously muddy grindcore. There are some grind bands where I absolutely can't make out the guitar/bass lines during the drummers blast beats. I don't like this quality. I want to hear the guitar relatively clearly even during the most aggressive parts. Some grind production I'm a huge fan of are P.L.F. - Devious Persecution and Birdflesh - Mongo Musicale. Extremely heavy, but not sterile OR inaudible.

2. I really enjoy the hardcore leanings of work like S/T Magrudergrind.

3. I don't like grind that has only 1 speed - blastbeat.

4. I enjoy D-beat/crossover styled riffage a ton.

5. I'm open to "fun" grind albums (see: Birdflesh)

Favorite grind bands - Insect Warfare (of course!), Wormrot, Discordant Axis, PLF, Birdflesh, Napalm Death (particularly their sound from Long Live the Code - Utilitarian)

Anything I might be missing? I'm honestly not very familiar with grind at all, but I'm starting to really enjoy it.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:20 am 

You might like Leng Tch'e. I'm not too sure if point 4 applies but otherwise it does sound like the kind of thing you might enjoy.

I'd start with The Process of Elimination.

last.fm

Grindcoremaniac135
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:50 pm 

infinitenexus wrote:
Are there any bands similar to Jig-Ai, to include similarly decent production? Not necessarily similar in lyrical topic, just a similar sound.

Maybe you will enjoy bands like gutalax, biological monstrosity and destructive explosions of anal gardland.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:04 pm 

Thanks! Checking them out now. And what is it with so many goregrind bands being obsessed with turds and assholes? It's goregrind not shitgrind haha.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 102  Next