Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:45 pm 

Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis (yeah I ctrl+c/ctrl+v'd the FUCK outta that) has some killer tunes though!

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:50 pm 

Thanks for the compliments guys. I play guitar and I've written/contributed to every song. Our drummer has gotten better and our vocalist doesn't use that specific style so if we did the recordings now I feel they would be better. BUT we got it done for free SO beggars can't be choosers. Our new stuff is better, more crust-y sounding with a big influence from Excruciating Terror.

Man I haven't listen to grind in like almost a month. I'm gonna have to get back on the train.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:10 am 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
Our new stuff is better, more crust-y sounding with a big influence from Excruciating Terror.

WANT TO HEAR THIS

And for the record the guitar sound and riffs are rad on the recording, love that kinda blown out sound, next time just turn the vocals down a bit so they'll shine through the mix a little more!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:53 pm 

Yeah, the vocals were a bit overwhelming. Would like the guitars to come through a bit more. But ET added to that sounds awesome. You guys going to leave Western NY any time soon (it's becoming winter afterall; get the fuck outta there).

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:57 pm 

Dig Controlled by Fear, I would've liked to hear more guitar, less vocal. I don't mind everything being overblown. it's just that the bass you hear more than the guitar, and like I said vocals too high.

Ulcer should've had read drums. only bands I remember liking with programmed drums is Mortician and Agoraphobic Nosebleed. and even then I think they would be better with real drums... well not Mortician it's just part of the overall sound.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:09 pm 

Early Mortician with real drums is awesome.

We have an idea for a tour in February since my one job where me and the drummer work is off for a week. Going to hit up the midwest I think. We just got put up on Grindcore Karaoke too. Then in the summer my job is off for three weeks so hopefully planning something big.

Grindcoremaniac135
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:58 pm 

Does anyone knows some african goregrind bands? I Did look after it on the internet, but i didn't find anything.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:02 pm 

The only African grindcore band I know of is Groinchurn, but they're not really a goregrind band.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm 

there aren't too many african bands in general.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:43 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VouLhEJEflI

So this might appeal to some of you. Brazilian noisecore/punk from 1985 this is off their split with Olho Seco. Insane sounding.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:49 am 

Did anyone go to the Six Weeks Records 20th Aniversary thing in Oakland this weekend? Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation were insanely good.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:41 am 

Yo, guys, what noisegrind bands should I check out if I really love this one Converge song?

As fast as possible, noisy but relatively bass-heavy, little discernible melody, vocals that are just totally over-the-top... you get the drill.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:47 am 

early Destroyer Destroyer, Vessels Cast from Crippled Hands, Sender Receiver, The Sawtooth Grin, Pope Benedict, Tower of Rome, Head Hits Concrete, OH Lord it's a Bomb Threat, The Great Redneck Hope, Halfling...

I know a bunch more but I have to go on to work and I would've linked each one of these to some youtube videos. I'll be back around lunch so if nothing else is said and you didn't look them up yourself I'll do so.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:00 am 

iAm wrote:
Did anyone go to the Six Weeks Records 20th Aniversary thing in Oakland this weekend? Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation were insanely good.

I WISH! One of my buddies flew out for it, being on the opposite coast is a bitch!!

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:24 am 

I had a friend from New Orleans go to that as well, said he had a killer time. That means I missed that show and War Master, Sacridose, and Grave Ritual in NOLA this weekend. Ughhh.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:36 pm 

Man, I had plans to go but then a buddy of mine bailed and found something else. Literally last minute this girl offered to pay for gas down to the bay and I was able to go after all! Didn't get to explore much though and I was lucky to even get into the show, if it weren't for friends of mine I would not have been able to get in at all.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:18 am 

Dragunov wrote:
I had a friend from New Orleans go to that as well, said he had a killer time. That means I missed that show and War Master, Sacridose, and Grave Ritual in NOLA this weekend. Ughhh.

You fucked up. I was at that show and it fucking slayed.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:16 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Ah, damn it! Haha. My car was in the shop, and my ride I found to get down there ending up getting sick so I had to scrap the plans. Glad it was as killer as I expected it to be!

Grindcoremaniac135
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:40 pm 

Im dropping some goregrind recs, because why not.

Goregrind:
Spinal cord ejaculation
Sarcophaga carnaria
Castrado cadaver
Pigtails
Vaginal bear trap
Violador
P.R.O.S.T.I.T.U.T.A

Gorenoise:
Mermaid in a manhole
Triple dewormint
Ekalmoorg
Wormbirth
Epithelial meatpool

If you liked the bands, just ask for more :)

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:57 am 

Dragunov wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Ah, damn it! Haha. My car was in the shop, and my ride I found to get down there ending up getting sick so I had to scrap the plans. Glad it was as killer as I expected it to be!

It destroyed and the lead guitarist of War Master was using an Ampeg SS150, the bassist was using one as well, and it was a pretty powerful bass sound.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:54 pm 

Man, I know I just bought a new amp, but if I ever stumble across an SS/VH/140-50 head for a reasonable price I'm going to snag it up and possibly use it instead of my Crate Shockwave. A buddy of mine recently scored an ss-150 2x12 from an old hair metal dude in Starkville, and it is completely badass. Like I said in the past, if you ever feel like getting rid of one of yours (which I know you've said you probably won't), let a brotha know!

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:48 pm 

Dragunov wrote:

skipped their show here as it was a big dumb venue with terror headlining. yes, terror. Maybe I shoulda gone.

Just saw Morbid Angel play Covenant last night. They sounded surprisingly good, and as big a douche as tim yueng is, he killed it.

lack of grind/hardcore shows here in nyc, got Absu/eyehategod then in dec Revenge to look forward to though, so I guess things ain't all bad. oh, and an afternoon show tomorrow of weekend nachos; bailing early for that.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:28 pm 

iAm wrote:

I was at Day 2, couldn't scrape together enough cash to make it out for the first day unfortunately. YourxEnemy, Flagitious, and Magrudergrind leveled the house for sure.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:59 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:
lack of grind/hardcore shows here in nyc, got Absu/eyehategod then in dec Revenge to look forward to though, so I guess things ain't all bad. oh, and an afternoon show tomorrow of weekend nachos; bailing early for that.

Not sure if you're planning to hit MDF this year but if not then you need to go ahead and make plans to hit this in NYC instead.

Thursday, May 22nd @ Saint Vitus Bar
(1120 Manhattan Ave. Brooklyn, NY)
7pm / 18+

Excruciating Terror (CA)
Unholy Grave (Japan)
Birdflesh (Sweden)
Mesrine (Canada)
War Master (TX)
Entrails (Sweden)

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:42 pm 

I hope ET is still playing with Water Torture in Long Island around that time. Unless I got the dates wrong. I just want to see Water Torture again. :'(

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:45 am 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
I hope ET is still playing with Water Torture in Long Island around that time. Unless I got the dates wrong. I just want to see Water Torture again. :'(

@dontlivefast. ET's been my reason for MDF, along with Ulver. But they've added a lot of good shit (MACHETAZO/In Disgust/Coffins) So I might go...although that show at st. vitus might make up for it all.

@wizard I really want to see them, they owe me one. When I saw them with sbb it was just guitar and drums and only the sbb stuff; pretty fucking lame.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:53 pm 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
iAm wrote:

I was at Day 2, couldn't scrape together enough cash to make it out for the first day unfortunately. YourxEnemy, Flagitious, and Magrudergrind leveled the house for sure.

oh dude. I don't like them at all and they ripped! That Aus Rotten cover was nuts.

we may have run into each other, I was the bearded guy sporting a Hell hammer back patch.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:34 pm 

Sixbrewbantha just put the rest of their side of the split with Suffering Mind on their bandcamp. Nasty jams.

http://sixbrewbantha.bandcamp.com/album ... ering-mind

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:12 pm 

http://dephosphorus.bandcamp.com/album/ ... ilation-lp

New Monomniac comp is great. for those not in the know, 1min songs from grind/black/death/hardcore bands-Dephosphorus, Witchchrist, Mutant Supremacy, and Blackhole Of Calcutta to name a few.

Really good shit.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 pm 

iAm wrote:
oh dude. I don't like them at all and they ripped! That Aus Rotten cover was nuts.

we may have run into each other, I was the bearded guy sporting a Hell hammer back patch.

Haha, sounds like a lot of guys there. You planning on heading down for Deadfest next year? That lineup's starting to look pretty nuts already

https://www.facebook.com/events/157734717759927/

metallicbrian666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:20 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Sixbrewbantha just put the rest of their side of the split with Suffering Mind on their bandcamp. Nasty jams.

http://sixbrewbantha.bandcamp.com/album ... ering-mind

Gaaah that snare rules

Not sure if they were ever posted in here, but check out Lxs Jugadxs. Deathgrind from Argentina with a ridiculous snare sound

http://lxsjugadxs.bandcamp.com/

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:45 am 

Was on the fence on whether I liked it or not... vocals aren't my style but maybe liked how fast it was but you can't hear the riffs when the drums are blasting... until :41 on that first song. Deal breaker.

I concur on the snare being great though. I'm a total sucker force a nice clang-y high pitched snare sound. Piccolo snares ftw.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:34 pm 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
iAm wrote:

Haha, sounds like a lot of guys there. You planning on heading down for Deadfest next year? That lineup's starting to look pretty nuts already

https://www.facebook.com/events/157734717759927/

That looks rad. Too early to decide but on the to do list.

Grindcoremaniac135
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:41 pm 

Does anyone know some gorenoise bands with a cleaner production/sound like Urine festival, DxHx and Active stenosis?

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:42 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VCEZAHqrsQ

Any good grind influenced by The Locust? No cybergrind, and I want a drummer as good as Gabe.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:58 am 

Maybe you'll like HeadWoundCity... it's not grind... but neither is the Locust. But it's a similar sound and Justin who plays bass in the Locust also does in this. Also maybe Ground Unicorn Horn which is another Justin band.

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 am 

**Sorry if this should be in the Promotional Forum, but just felt like posting**

Hey bros, here are two of the songs from my grind band's one and only EP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WoxoxXBlLc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XTa_5ixU4M

Ashamed of the productions though. We didn't give much focus on that part, since it was a huge burden for us recording and stuff while we had to go through a lot of shit in between.

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:45 am 

Btw recommend me some experimental grindcore bands. Experimental in a way that the experimentation doesn't hinder the band's grind vibe, but in a way that it separates the band from sounding like hundreds of other grind bands. Provided that I have already listened to Discordance Axis, Japanische Kampfhörspiele, Gridlink, and such to omit obvious recommendations. And no, I don't like Cephalic Carnage.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:04 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VCEZAHqrsQ

Any good grind influenced by The Locust? No cybergrind, and I want a drummer as good as Gabe.

Check out Daughters their self-titled 7" and Canada Songs ep/album aint far removed from the Locust, drummer is pretty fucking good too.
You could also try Usurp Synapse and Forcefedglass both of which are a bit more screamo in style but both are similarly noisy and have decent drumming.

The Infamous Bastard wrote:
Btw recommend me some experimental grindcore bands. Experimental in a way that the experimentation doesn't hinder the band's grind vibe, but in a way that it separates the band from sounding like hundreds of other grind bands. Provided that I have already listened to Discordance Axis, Japanische Kampfhörspiele, Gridlink, and such to omit obvious recommendations. And no, I don't like Cephalic Carnage.

Always rep these guys but check out Multiplex, their 1992 album World is great and was recently reissued. I read they were a big influence on Discordance Axis.
Also worth a look:
Lethargy - It's Hard to Write With a Little Hand.
Crowpath - Red on Chrome, and Son of Sulphur
Groinchurn - Whoami

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:25 pm 

Hayisforhorses wrote:
The Infamous Bastard wrote:

Always rep these guys but check out Multiplex, their 1992 album World is great and was recently reissued. I read they were a big influence on Discordance Axis.
Also worth a look:
Lethargy - It's Hard to Write With a Little Hand.
Crowpath - Red on Chrome, and Son of Sulphur
Groinchurn - Whoami

Lethargy and Crowpath are both great, the latter split but most of them formed a band called Tellusian which is pretty similar.

I'd also add Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OETScGS00qQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18cTvMiJqY

Noisear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bky4e_iYlo

Maruta:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsneC9Q6gqs

Plague Widow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gYDfJa1Q4U

Absvrdist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1iTULIImuQ

Cara Neir:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkw3OOSiPBk

Hopefully some of those will appeal to you.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 102  Next