Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The ExpendableAngel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:26 pm 

Hello to all Metalheads out there in wide wide internet!

I saw, that the most new members introduce themselves (I hope that's right, if not please tell me.)
Ok ... where should I start ... ok, I'm from Germany, so I'm sorry if something is wrong, I'm still at school, so I'm still learning English.
Mmh, I like reading (Thriller and Manga) and watching movies (Action, Action-Comedy, Comedy and Thriller). I like horseriding and lots of other sports, like jogging.
And my name comes from one of my favorite movies (The Expendables I and II) and from a song title from the german "Neue Deutsche Härte"-band Rammstein (Angel --> "Engel").

TheLoneMetalhead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:44 pm 

Hi! I'm TheLoneMetalhead and I'm from Quebec. Why such a name? Because I'm the only Metalhead in town. All my friends are Dubstep fans, a kind of music (rather a kind of random noise) that I can't stand. And my friends hate Metal, so it makes me feel very lonely. My passions include Metal (of course), especially '80s Metal and sci fi. I'm a massive Star Wars, Halo and Doctor Who fan. I watch some TV series and animes.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:55 pm 

Welcome to MA! You should get new cooler friends ;) Contacte moi si tu as des questions sur le fonctionnement du site.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:10 pm 

TheLoneMetalhead wrote:
Hi! I'm TheLoneMetalhead and I'm from Quebec. Why such a name? Because I'm the only Metalhead in town. All my friends are Dubstep fans, a kind of music (rather a kind of random noise) that I can't stand. And my friends hate Metal, so it makes me feel very lonely. My passions include Metal (of course), especially '80s Metal and sci fi. I'm a massive Star Wars, Halo and Doctor Who fan. I watch some TV series and animes.

I feel you, ive had to cut off some 'friends' just because they do not understand music at all. They say it is subjective, but it isnt, there is a line to draw between mindnumbing crap and real music. Start networking! Ive been a lone metal head for a long time, its hard to meet people especially if you are quiet and dont want to yell over a metal show while trying to interact with people. Looks like you have great interests though, most of my close metalhead friends ive met online and now travel across the U.S. to share some great times with them.

The internet is a wonderful place for finding people that understand. (Also a lot of hate, but who cares, just weed it out).

HoussemXul
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 pm 

Hi every one
This is Houssem from Tunisia, metalhead since 13 years fan of Extreme Metal (espacially Death)
i'm a webzine ceo & founder, interviewer and reviewer
On the past i managed local bands and organized local gigs and festivals last one on 2010 before the revolution

Greetings from North Africa \m/ •_• \m/

DoomClaw
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:48 pm 

Hello! My username is the title of my future upcoming band/musical project, and is my name for the hand gesture witnessed by myself at many shows, when the music is just too good for words to describe.
I hail from Calgary, AB, Canada, and am obsessed with the 80s extreme metal band's sound along with thrash, black, doom, traditional heavy, speed, and death.
Here now, looking to meet some chill friends, explore my passion of metal and finally to progress as a musician by immersion, discussion and observation of such topics!
I work at an organic market(I'm deemed as some sort of metal stonerhippie). Besides metalling it up, I love watching 80's horror movies and snuggling with my girlfriend.
Hope to be am active, positively contributing member!
Cheers; I am now gonna have a few more beers.
EDIT: My wallet was crying and it reminded me to mention how addicted I am to buying vinyl records and cassette tapes. I love that shit!

IwasAposer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:39 pm 

Hi AMers, I chose my username because I found it funny (and it's true).
Prior to this post I would precise I'm french so I apologize for all the sucky grammar and the other sucky stuff.
I play the guitar for 3 years in an unnamed band (BTW is there a Band Name Help thread or something like that ?)
I mostly listen to Thrash (Municipal Waste;Testament;Exodus;Evile;Kreator;Sodom;Artillery) and also some NWOBHM(Iron Maiden;Judas Priest;Angel Witch;Saxon);Speed(Manilla Road) and some First Wave and Ambient Black (Venom;Summoning;Burzum;Bathory;Mayhem).
I'll Be glad to see you on the musician's threads =).

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:34 am 

I wonder what it would be like if MA had a randomizer of "metal words". It would probably be horrible, but a lot of at-a-loss bands would get named. Stuffed Pig Illiteracy. Arlington Cemetery Cement Shoes. Rape the Tree. stuff like that.

~Guest 325502
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:04 am 

Hi all! My username is my old gaming screen name.
I am a Burmese dude attending uni in Sydney. And I am a huge Deströyer 666 fanboy (sadly they moved to Europe...).
My favorite genres are probably black metal, osdm and trad heavy metal but it just depends on my mood mostly. I also listen to a bunch of other stuff other than metal.
I like Jack Daniel's, Hoegaarden, martial arts, wolves, trench coats, Burmese food, Pizza and philosophy.

cheers

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:51 am 

Nocnitsa wrote:
I've been lurking on the site for quite some time now and I have been going into the channel for a couple months so I figured it is time I start posting. So hello. :)

I like your nickname. Welcome. :)

captaincrunchy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:04 am 

Hi, I'm from California and I'm a fairly recent metalhead who got a taste for the genre around December 2012 with Ozzy's Scream album. I've branched out massively since then and I can say for sure I'll listen until the day I die. My username is just my catch-all that I started using when I opened a Steam account. It's my goal to start a band of my own and I'm working on writing lyrics, training my voice and learning guitar. I'm also an astronomy nerd and I also enjoy writing science fiction and horror.

Some of my favorite bands are Megadeth, Opeth, Enslaved, Ne Obliviscaris, Machine Head, Children of Bodom, Black Sabbath (of course!), Iron Maiden, Warbringer, Testament, Death and Evile.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:21 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
Rape the Tree.

:D! Sadogland.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:02 am 

A little belated, but welcome, Wizard! My sig used to be very similar to yours. If I'm in the Netherlands eventually, let us drink scotch.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:36 pm 

captaincrunchy wrote:
Hi, I'm from California and I'm a fairly recent metalhead who got a taste for the genre around December 2012 with Ozzy's Scream album. I've branched out massively since then and I can say for sure I'll listen until the day I die. My username is just my catch-all that I started using when I opened a Steam account. It's my goal to start a band of my own and I'm working on writing lyrics, training my voice and learning guitar. I'm also an astronomy nerd and I also enjoy writing science fiction and horror.

Some of my favorite bands are Megadeth, Opeth, Enslaved, Ne Obliviscaris, Machine Head, Children of Bodom, Black Sabbath (of course!), Iron Maiden, Warbringer, Testament, Death and Evile.

You're doing something right if you're into Enslaved that early. :D One of my favorite bands now, but it took me three years of listening to metal to appreciate them. Which album(s) are your favorite so far?

captaincrunchy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:15 am 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
captaincrunchy wrote:

You're doing something right if you're into Enslaved that early. :D One of my favorite bands now, but it took me three years of listening to metal to appreciate them. Which album(s) are your favorite so far?

RIITIR is lovely, Vikingligr Veldi is cool, but overall Below the Lights is breathtaking and my favorite. It's both melodic, heavy and complex, and is just flawlessly done. I love it.

g123crds
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:45 am 

What's up guys! Like a lot of people I've been lurking for a while as well, and decided to make an account finally. I live in the god-forsaken desert of Arizona. My "core phase" probably started around 4th grade and grew from there, I've been listening to metal ever since. Some of my interests are running cross country/track, singing, reading, and obviously metal. Not quite sure if I've got the chops for it but I'd love to sing in a trad doom band someday. Which brings me to my favorite styles of metal: DOOM, and then black metal.

Favorite Bands: Black Sabbath, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Pallbearer, HELL, Hour of 13, Witchcraft, Lycus, Windhand, Witch Mountain, so on.. I just fucking love any doom honestly.
Also a lot of second wave black metal. Big fan of the band Caladan Brood as well.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:44 pm 

Good taste :thumbsup: Except for Pallbearer, can't stand these guys! I've heard the Lycus full length today and it destroys, great funeral doom! I guess I'm the prince of doom here :oh shit: , I've been reviewing a lot of obscure to not so obscure doom recently.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

SadisticOrgasm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:51 am 

Hell-O!

I joined MA forum in 2009, but have been a guest in the site and the forum since... 2006? But I never bothered to "introduce" myself.

So yes, I'm 22 currently, have just completed my undergrad, switching between jobs in lesser periods of times, write for a local metal zine/webzine, and feel pleasure in 'explaining' my country's metal scene to others.

I like death metal among the metal genres, but metal covers only about 10% of my music-listening time, which is mostly covered by indie pop/rock, blues, classical music, etc. Also very passionate about grind and hardcore.

One of the best "metal moments" I had was to see Behemoth live last Saturday in their Asia-Australia tour, which ended here in my city. Seeing Vader in 2011 was also a super moment. Ahhhh, Polish death metal! :roll:

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:01 pm 

Hello fellow Sadistic<insert suffix here> :hyper:

SadisticOrgasm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:28 pm 

SadisticGratification wrote:
Hello fellow Sadistic<insert suffix here> :hyper:

Hello, there! My suffix is cooler than yours ;)

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 am 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
AddWittyUsername wrote:
Area nearby Nijmegen (Gelderland), you?

Nijmegen :P

Moved there 2 months ago then?

LongLiveTheNewFlesh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:49 am 

I have been posting here for a bit now so I guess I should post something here, huh? I have been into "underground metal" (for lack of a better term) since the tail-end of the 90s and haven't looked back since. I have explored just about all of metal's sub-genres and sub-sub-genres over the years though I find that black metal has been the only one to consistently stick with me over time. I am not much for the orthodox, let's-play-like-it's-1993 black metal either, I tend to prefer the bands that do some kind of experimentation with it, whether that's with the genre's mood or audible aesthetics or whatever. Otherwise I enjoy horror cinema quite a bit (the older stuff) and reading.

The Metal Archives is undoubtedly the most expansive, definitive and user-friendly metal site out there and I have been using it for years so I figured it was about time I started posting around in the community here. Well met, fellow metal fanatics!

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:49 am 

Hi, I'm Infamous Bastard, and I love the band Root.

MaskedJackal23
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 pm 

My name is Kevin, I live in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. I enjoy the magic of thrash and brutal death metal. I like to crack the skulls of emo's and posers :)

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm 

MaskedJackal23 wrote:
My name is Kevin, I live in the suburbs of Chicago, IL. I enjoy the magic of thrash and brutal death metal. I like to crack the skulls of emo's and posers :)

-_-

MaskedJackal23
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:51 am 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
MaskedJackal23 wrote:

-_-

What?

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:45 am 

That mindset got old in eighth grade, chief. :P

But I'm glad to see another Chicagoan, I just moved to Elk Grove in August. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in going to shows, music stores, etc.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:53 pm 

Ohhh boy just what we need in the neighborhood...

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:53 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:

But I'm glad to see another Chicagoan, I just moved to Elk Grove in August. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in going to shows, music stores, etc.

This exactly. I can't stand that behavior. Let people be who they are. I mean, how alternative are you if you bitch about people that are different than yourself?

MaskedJackal23
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:28 pm 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
Smoking_Gnu wrote:

This exactly. I can't stand that behavior. Let people be who they are. I mean, how alternative are you if you bitch about people that are different than yourself?

Boo hoo.

SplatteredCoroner94
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:48 pm 

I suppose I'm not technically a "newbie", although it is true I haven't posted much in the forums or been very active on the site in general. I feel an introduction is in order.

I live in Wyoming with my wife working as an electrician and I write death metal in my spare time. I'm an avid death metal lover, my favorite being brutal death metal and slam. I've been in a number of bands, but have resorted to online projects and solo projects simply because other musicians annoy the holy fuck out of me most of the time. I look forward to hopefully being a little more active here with all of you here on MA.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:12 pm 

MaskedJackal23 wrote:
The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:

Boo hoo.[/quote]

Grow up :)

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:46 pm 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
I mean, how alternative are you if you bitch about people that are different than yourself?

He doesn't just bitch about it. He cracks skulls. "I beat up kids working just as hard at trying to be cool as I do!"

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:08 am 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
I mean, how alternative are you if you bitch about people that are different than yourself?

He doesn't just bitch about it. He cracks skulls. "I beat up kids working just as hard at trying to be cool as I do!"

I should watch out, before he cracks my skull. :o I'm a poster..euh, poser as well.

grillchirre
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:11 pm 

Hey

31 year old music, movie and MMA buff here. I was once registered with the nick blasphemer, even added a few bands but I lost my login. Oh well.

Favorite genre's are Death and Thrash.

Some favorite bands: Immolation, Coroner, Overkill, Soundgarden, Nasum, Suffocation, Wormed, Bolt Thrower, Vektor etc.

Favorite movies: City of God, 3-Iron, Once upon a time in the West, Trainspotting, Taxi Driver, 12 Angry Men, Terminator 2, The Road, Life is Beautiful, The Thing (82), Deep Red and so on...

Favorite MMA fighters: Fedor Emelianenko, Anthony Pettis, Alexander Gustafsson, Chan Sung Jung, Robbie Lawler, Donald Cerrone, tatsuya kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez

diazemon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:15 am 

HI I'm Anthony I'm a big death metal black metal and progressive metal buff I live in alabama where people either hate metal or like core stuff Ive never met someone here that liked much death or bands of the like.I like rpgs and magic the gathering .I like bands many with political messages I like to go on walks but I live on a highway so I dont get to as much anymore My favorite bands are enslaved edge of sanity bestial mockery nun slaughter and gorelord even though he doesnt do anything. I'm always looking for new bands and hope to be doing reviews here.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:48 pm 

diazemon wrote:
HI I'm Anthony I'm a big death metal black metal and progressive metal buff I live in alabama where people either hate metal or like core stuff Ive never met someone here that liked much death or bands of the like.I like rpgs and magic the gathering .I like bands many with political messages I like to go on walks but I live on a highway so I dont get to as much anymore My favorite bands are enslaved edge of sanity bestial mockery nun slaughter and gorelord even though he doesnt do anything. I'm always looking for new bands and hope to be doing reviews here.

I sure hope that when you start reviewing, that you work on your grammar.

diazemon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:37 pm 

I'm really bad at typing online and using everything right.I can write everything fine on paper but when its online I have trouble and normally have someone go over it so I'll a grammar nazi friend go over them first.

Tuonela1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:33 am 

Hmmmm...haven't introduced myself here yet.

Not much to say. I'm from Philly. I like metal and video games. I'd say more, but I'm rather dull and boring. Maybe a little witty, too. I work with a growing radio station called Riffline Radio here in Philly, we specialize in a wide range of music, from metal, to pop(90's and modern), and underground hip-hop. Hopefully we'll add more to the table, once we get a little bigger.

My two shows specialize in melodic death/doom/black metal (Metal From the North) and death metal (Assault and Bathory). The links are all provided in my signature(I think-if not, I'll add it once I stop being lazy about turning on my laptop)

I've said enough. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go and conquer China for the millionth time, hehe.

The Father of Ants
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:52 am 

Howdy

Nice to meet you all. I'm currently teaching English in China and it's pretty swell. I barely work and use all my free time to regret, haha.
I'm waaaay into bands like Om, Meshuggah, Isis, Ministry, Omega Massif, Russian Circles and so on and on. Anything that can kind of carry me away, you know.

I'm 31 and I really like Philosophy (studied it for 6 years), Sci-fi, Horror, and progressive thinking people. Above all I like music.
I'm here because a friend of mine is one here and he said you are mostly great people.

My name is the literal translation of "wizard" in the Thai language. They say "Por Mot" = Father to Ants = Wizard.

So yeah. That's it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 156  Next