Northern Ireland - Gama Bomb
Serbia - Triumfall
Singapore - Wormrot

Figured I should contribute, even if my recs are obvious

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:25 pm 

androdion wrote:
Man, I listened to this band a couple of times years ago. What I remember from them is something along the lines of early nineties Autopsy, or more aligned with Accidental Suicide perhaps. But these are just vague recollections. So when I say OSDM referring to early nineties death metal I don't think I'm hurting anyone's susceptibilities by saying that. If I called them power metal then you could bash me in the head, but cmon.

I dont see that connection at all. They are a pretty decent band, though.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:29 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Necroghast wrote:
Congo is in the list of stuff you have and in the list of stuff you want. Assuming you want it, the only metal band I know that is supposedly from Congo is Infertile Surrogacy although apparently they may be a side project of Cerebral Effusion from Spain. So I dunno if that counts. They're decent though.

Xzfgiiimtsath wrote:
There are two Congos: the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Infertile Surrogacy is from the latter, and I have them already - seems unlikely that a band like that would actually come out of the Congo lol, so I'm guessing it is just a side-project (that I guess the Cerebral Effusion guys started there??)

That's REALLY strange!
I'll write some emails and let you know.

Ok, confirmed.
Mysterious side project! LOL!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:31 pm 

iAm wrote:
androdion wrote:
Man, I listened to this band a couple of times years ago. What I remember from them is something along the lines of early nineties Autopsy, or more aligned with Accidental Suicide perhaps. But these are just vague recollections. So when I say OSDM referring to early nineties death metal I don't think I'm hurting anyone's susceptibilities by saying that. If I called them power metal then you could bash me in the head, but cmon.

I dont see that connection at all. They are a pretty decent band, though.

What is it that you don't see? My ideas of the band or the fact that I call early nineties old school? Because both owe to interpretation don't they? ;)

MorbidEngel wrote:
Andorra - Persefone
Armenia - Blood Covenant
Colombia - Internal Suffering
Croatia - Ashes You Leave
Iceland - Sólstafir
India - Demonic Resurrection
Indonesia - Kekal
Iraq - Acrassicauda (obvious)
Latvia - Skyforger
Luxembourg - Le Grand Guignol
Northern Ireland - Gama Bomb
Serbia - Triumfall
Singapore - Wormrot

Figured I should contribute, even if my recs are obvious

Not that obvious actually. Let me add Neglected Fields to the Latvian bands because they're brilliant. Prog/tech death with some blackish vocals and great use of keys. They have a cover of "Breathe" by The Prodigy and it's awesome. That alone says a lot about them.

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 pm 

As far as Australia goes:

Fuck...I'm Dead (Melbourne, Victoria)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaW_MG0stso

Cauldron Black Ram (Adelaide, South Australia)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXkRfyE7yOw

The Furor (Perth, Western Australia)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOL1-wdnT6Q

Vomitor (Brisbane, Queensland)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsmw41FF0ng

Alchemist (Canberra, Australian Capital Territory)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tawhVKHeBIo

Anno Domini (Sydney, New South Wales)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIr5by4tSEo

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:55 pm 

Australia isn't atypical at all!
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

bastardnasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:33 pm 

Ahhh...pity I found this topic too late. Actually I never check the forum

For some personal reason, I travel the world for 10 years now and I'm used to stay in atypical countries for months and months. So I found a lot of cool releases from unknown countries and - same as you - I have a particular interest in "minor scenes"

Let's start from Europe:

ALBANIA: I suggest you to read my post here, first:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... 43a753c161

About the origin and development of metal scene in Albania, including also a view on Kosovo and Macedonia.
Recent bands can be Diadema and Djem E Detit.
They both cover a song called "Jakup Ferri" that is one of the earliest rock/metal songs ever written in Albania, still a great success.
My favourite band from Albania is Thunder Way (coming from the ashes of Megaherz, which recorded 3 demo songs in the late 80's) with their album "The order executors". Good thrash-speed that I wish to re-release on CD one day

GEORGIA: I know "Heavy Cross/მძიმე ჯვარი" and I found their album on some georgian blog, but I lost the link. I am planning a visit to caucasian republics quite soon, anyway.
Contrary to Armenia - which was the first soviet republic to organize rock/metal shows in the early 80's (could you guess it?) and it always had a quite active scene - Georgia is still a very scarce place for metal though I heard from some friends living there that there are more and more bands and gigs.
I had a few bands from Azerbaijan while I was living in Turkey during 2012/13 (azeri language is similar to turkish) but they were quite lame hard rock with Deep Purple influences. YUHu was one of these bands.

And now, ASIA:

I lived for quite long times in Turkey, Iran, Nepal, China, Mongolia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia as well as I went to Vietnam, Laos and Burma...

MONGOLIA:

HURD and Аясын Салхи (Ayasyin Salki) are the only metal bands available on the market. There are few record shop in the whole country, all located in Ulaan Bataar.
HURD are thrash/speed in some album, traditional metal in others and even rock ballads in ever more albums. They're local idol, appearing on TV and they play 2-3 times per year in the capital.
I managed to have in distro their last 2 albums, a couple of DVDs and one collection tape (I still have the tape) but their early albums are not available anymore and are out of print. I tried to get in touch with them during my 3-months stay in Mongolia but I didn't get reply.

Ayasyin Salki have one album only, easily available on CD in mongolian record shops. It's a recent reprint as it seems the first CD version (made in Russia) had more songs. Never seen the first version, nobody has it, and I guess the information on MA are wrong. Nobody has ever heard of it and most of the additional tracks were single tracks only, video clips or promotional songs recorded in various years.
Early demos were pure heavy metal similar to Accept or Judas Priest.
I tried to get in touch with tehm for a possible re-release of their demos but once again I didn't get any reply from the band
But their CD is quite good, similar to early Carcass: Necrotisicm, Heartwork and a touch of floridian death/brutal of the early 90's......I sold a lot of copies in Europe while I was in Mongolia

Then there was a band called PARAPHERNALIA whose only known recording is a long rehearsal track recorded in 1991. Some collectors have it. I don't

No other bands are currently playing death metal in Mongolia. I know there are a few bands playing black metal but I've never been to their concerts

In any case you can see the only CDs available from Mongolia here on my blogspot:

http://jnfernalworld.blogspot.it/2011/1 ... -2011.html

SIBERIA:
well, I lived in Ulan Ude for a couple of months and there are TONS of bands (and gigs, of course!) in Siberia, from Irkutsk, Yakutsk, Magadan, Ulan Ude....but I don't think it's too difficult to find their releases on some good russian websites or specialized shops. In any case I'm planning a new 2-months stay next winter in Ulan Ude, so I can find something if you need. I have a lot of friends into metal overthere and even the owner of the only guesthouse in Ulan Ude is a cool guy who plays guitar in a death/brutal band and in a math-metal band too :D
Cheers to Dennis and his "Ulan Ude Travellers House" :)

BANGLADESH: read my article here.
Nothing to add. Orator are the most famous band nowadays while the scene starts even back in 1984 with In Dhaka, Warfaze, Rockstrata and Aces.
I was able to find their albums on original CDs (except for Aces who never recorded anything) and I truly recommend ROCKSTRATA whose album is a mix of Iron Maiden with some grim and strange touch here and there. A total pity that they released one album only as they were really great, IMHO!
In any case Bangladesh is nowadays one of the most active asian scenes for brutal/extreme music and I saw Orator playing live while I lived in Malaysia until a few months ago

Read my article about the origins of metal scene in Bangladesh here:
http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... f2a093ff36

NEPAL and BUTHAN:

I lived 3 months in Nepal during 2010/11 (from Italy to Kathmandu by bus and train just to meet an italian friend. Then I liked the place and I decided to spent a few months there as with 5 US$/day I could sleep and eat!). I made a lot of friends into black, death, hardcore and punk and I knew a lot of bands, organizators, promoters, shops, distros....there are many many new bands coming out and the KTM Death Festival is becoming nbigger and bigger year after year.
The problem is that many bands do not have physical releases because it's too much expensive to print a CD or even a CDr, so most of them promote their songs through Youtube, facebook or Twitter only...just single songs or short demos downladable.
Slow internet connections, lack of electricity, lack of funds, poverty (Nepal is the 7th poorest country in the world) make the scene struggling hard but there are great people in Kathmandu. The KTM metal festival is mandatory!
I am planning to spend a few months in Nepal again from early 2014 as I love it, expecially non.touristic areas! So if you need something, just let me know

BUTHAN: as far as I know there is nothing out yet and no signs of even the germs of a borning rock scene. Quite a traditional country yet.

LAOS: I know only EXILE with their album "Barn gert hao" released on tape only in Thailand and their 1995 CD also released in Thailand. They moved to Canada but first album was recorded in Lao (don't call it LaoS or native will get really pissed! I don't know why but it seems adding "S" is quite offensive for them...). Nothing special, I had the original tape and I sold it, I lost the files but their are available on internet in their homepage (that is quite hard to find) but it's really nothing special. Boring ballads and soft rock mixed with a few metal/speed songs. But they're popular.

BURMA: surprisingly there was a very active punk (!) scene in the mid 80's up to early 90's (!!!) with a lot of bands (!!!!): Ghost Rider (2 demos in mid 90's), The Ants (14 songs demo in 1998), Query Query (a demo in early 90's)
As for heavy metal/rock/death, I know 2 names only: Emperor and Iron Cross, acitve since the early 80's (!) but expect nothing too "hard"...it's good Deep Purple-ish hard rock. Karthago Records has some CDs in distro.

An italian friend of mine who lives in Yangoon (in a artistic squat!) says there are many rock/metal bands and it's not true that police and goverment make a harsh repression on cultural movements. It depends. And things are going to change quite fast in the last year...expect a lot of bands from MYANMAR soon as there is a (very) underground movement and nice people

CAMBODIA: I spent 2 months in 2013 but I found no physical releases. There is a famous club downtown in Phnom Penh which organizes a lot of metal/punk/hardcore/new metal/crossover/groove metal gigs every weekend but I've been there only 3 times. Most of them are bands with modern sound (groove, nu metal, metalcore) mainly made by local cambodian and western expat/students/volunteers. Nothing special and most of time the attitude is "hey, I'm a foreigner, I look nice and cool, I play in a band, come on cambodian chicks, come and fuck with me"....quite hateful even because most of these nerds are just post-graduated dorks who settle down in SE Asia just for sex and fun. Shit on them, fucking scum.

IRAN: I've been to Tehran 3 times but no signs of metal records in stores. There are many stores of course but metal/rock/black metal is totally banned and forbidden. You can find many people into it but you must be very careful. One day I was brought to the islamic police office just because I was singing a metal song on the street and they caught me screaming "you're singing satanic music".
I was brought to the islamic police office, 3 hours talking with the officer, and finally he said: "you should listen to traditional songs talking about love for Allah"

Seems incredible and a bit racist...but it's true!

3 times/2 months in Iran and I just saw:

-a small "Metallica" logo on the border of a sidewalk in the suburbs
-a guy with a "MD" logo on his t-shirt similar to Megadeth logo winking at me among the crowd (just like: "follow me and I'll show you other metal guys like me" :D)
-a guy on the bus who was listening to Anthrax songs...

but I know there are a lot of black metallers but it's really complicated to interact with them because they really risk their lives if they show up in public...I'm not joking. It's a pity as Iran is not as bad as people can imagine and I really like it despite this strict islamic control over society. What a pity...

OMAN and DUBAI: haven't seen anything by local bands but black metal/death metal is allowed in stores, you can find some international titles without any problem. Probably sheiks and their sons are not too much interested in this genere.

Then China, Hong Kong, Macau have a lot of bands...even if most of times they just steal riffs from Slayer, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica (even black metal bands) expecially during live gigs. I don't like this attitude even because they never say "this riff is from this band" and they act like it's their own creation. Shit.
I lived 2 years in China and I go there every year for some months. Seen a lot of gigs, bought a lot of CD's....Areadeath Productions is the best metal shop/record label in China (my brother worked with them for a few years) as well as Mort Productions....I think China/HK/Macau aren't so unknown and exotic anymore even if Macau seems quite uninterested in metal/extreme stuff yet.

Just mentioning Taiwan because the very first grindcore band from the island was made by my brother and they were ven broadcasted on Tv in 2004...we both forgot the name and my brother never recorded it. I shouls ask him if he has a few rehearsal or a live recording made by some friends, somewhere. Just for curiosity.

Same as Indonesia....thousand of brutal bands easily available everywhere on Internet or web shops.
Indonesia seems specialized in brutal/grindcore and Oi! (don't ask me why...) and I've seen a lot of indonesian bands in Malaysia too.
It's not by chance that Obscene Extreme Festival made the SE Asian version in Jakarta...and I went there.

East Timor...never been there as well as Papua/New Guinea. While I doubt there's anything in New Guinea, I heard that East Timor has some bands. I think it's the same as Cambodia: locals mixed with expats as East Timor is becoming a new paradise for tourism and for business....one day Ill go there.

MALDIVES:

I only had Tormenta and Fasy (aka Fasylive). Nothing special. Just to mention that a guy in the Fasy band died during the 2004 tsunami and I got the CD from my ex malaysian girlfriend who produced their "Cruising" CD. I still have it somewhere and I found another CD while I was in Malaysia but it's nothing special.

AFRICA:

Madagascar and Botswana have a very long tradition in metal dating back to early 80's (!) with a lot of bands

Just to name a few ealry bands from Madagascar (all active between 1984 and 1994): Apocalypse, Destruktor, Holy Angels, Kazar, Pharaons, Green, Hemirah, Vuxura, Rasalama, Tselatra, Vaika.
I know Pharaons released a CDr with their cassette album recorded in 1989 and there is a prior demo with 12 songs. I'd like to re-release them properly on CD, one day...

Holy Angels released their first album "Dirty Work" in 1993 and I was in contact with some band members through Facebook a couple of years ago

MAURITIUS:
there was a HELL of bands since the early 80's in Mauritius too.
Just to name a few: Alter Ego, Cobalt Fudge, Craze, Crossroads, Cyborg, Electric, Factor E, Feedback ("Poison or Cure" Tape Lp 1991: I had iut before erasing my mp3 collection: the singer is on Facebook), Inverted Cross (!), Mad, Paranoid (there's a video tape oif their 1993 concert around), Phoenix, Preachers, Rockers, Strangers, Strenght, Xact, Xenolith, Zenith, Zenyatta, Ziza...

if you want more information (and get some of their album) you can get in touch with Feedback:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Feedback/31658876480

BOTSWANA:

The most famous bands are Metal Orizon (active since 1991!) and Skinflint: they recentely made a new album for Karthago Records. There are 2 brothers of italian origins in the line up !?!?!?!!!!!!.
Also there is a very famous band called "Nosey Road" (with the same 2 italian guys!) which released around 10 albums (!) since late 80's and some of them seem to be heavy metal and other are hard rock/soft rock....no information at all about their discography on internet.

ZAMBIA:

Even if it's not even listed on MA, there is a famous band called NGONZI FAMILY.
They are THE cult rock band from Zambia (it seems there was a surprisingly rich progr-rock scene in the 70's!) and they have a wide discography. Some of their albums have been re-released on CD but I couldn't find information about other releases.
I let titles speak by themselves....metal or not???!?!?!???

Ngozi Family: Heavy connection
Ngozi Family: Heavy metal
Ngozi Family: Lightning and thunder
Ngozi Family: 99% confusion

all released during early 80's/early 90's.....

As for other countries such as Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Somalia, Kenya....there are a lot of black metal bands nowadays. There is a blogspot ran by a moroccan guy which is really good for keeping an eye on the metal scene coming from the saharian countries, but I lost the link.
In any case if you find that blogspot again (I checked it a couple of months ago, it's active since 2-3 years) you can listen to a lot of new bands coming from those countries.

I had some early 80's/90's bands from Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Haiti, Cuba (well, that's not too difficult, there were hundreds!), Dutch Antilles (Warning is one of the oldest and you can find a couple of songs on youtube and there should be a live tape recorded in 1987):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuDzOswn ... er&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7B05hXyvvU

including many exclusive songs sent by unknown bands but I deleted my mp3 collection last august when my brother came back from China and I gave him my external hard disk as a gift. I had to delete 1 TB of music including rare stuff from all the above mentioned countries...maybe I made a mistake but it's too late to complain now!

You can read about the beginning of the metal scene in caribbean countries here, this was an article I wrote some time ago:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... 7b9f6bf75c

and maybe you still can download this compilation I made with rare tracks:

http://strappadometalblog.blogspot.it/2 ... blica.html

Check the Empiphis song "En el mundo del metal" that is really funny

Hope I could be helpful. If you need more information just PM me

Francesco

Last edited by bastardnasum on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:31 pm 

carnival_corpse wrote:
Very nice thread. Im surprised no one has mentioned my tiny island of Puerto Rico in the Caribbean Antilles. If you are looking for some old school stuff try to find Organic Insfest Penitence. This was the first Puertorican death metal band to be signed in a major label back in 1992. This release was made by JL America. For newer acts you can check out Dismal Divinity or Severe Mutilation. Dismal Dvinity's release can be found on Ebay. As for Severe Mutilation, their debut was self released and I obtained through the band.

Great to know! Thanks to my gf whenever I heard Puerto Rico I think of J.Lo and Mark Anthony :lol:. You could use Survival from Oaxaca, Mexico. There's also Hellmidian, also from Oaxaca. If you want PM me and I'll send you some demos, not illegal at all since they released them that way. Oaxaca's metal scene is growing big!!!

~Guest 292988
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm 

B

Last edited by ~Guest 292988 on Tue May 05, 2015 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:08 pm 

IanThrash wrote:
And finally, great technical whatevermetal from georgia, weird yet great stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOKHgzTPQKs

Nothing to add, other than that this was absolutely brilliant! I'm ordering this ASAP!

Ninjakillzu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:59 pm 

I see you have no Tunisia on your list. Myrath is from there
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Myrath/105456

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:51 pm 

If we're doing regions, hard rock from Lapland is pretty atypical.
Intrigue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOWTJgRMTDo

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:11 am 

Czech Republic:
Vuvr
Melancholy Pessimism

Serbia:
Pollution
Putrid Blood
Nadimac
Daggerspawn

Slovakia:
Wayd

Honduras:
Juan Ayestas

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

Metal Invader
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:39 am 

Bangladesh - Barzak (death/black)

Malaysia - Viniir (Viking metal) (!!!)

Jamaica - Orisha Shakpana ( Black Metal)

Madagascar - Sasamaso (Trash Metal)

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:52 am 

bastardnasum wrote:
MONGOLIA:

HURD and Аясын Салхи (Ayasyin Salki) are the only metal bands available on the market. There are only 3 record shop in the whole country, all located in Ulaan Bataar.
HURD are thrash/speed in some album, traditional metal in others and even boring lame rock ballads in ever more albums. Fucking posers, fucking racists, they only talk about racial superiority of mongolians, revenge of Gengis Khan, greatness of Gengis Khan and hate against foreigners. They're local idol, appearing on TV and they play 2-3 times per year in the capital. Fucking racists and posers but they capture the true spirit of every mongolian retarded people.
I managed to have in distro their last 2 albums, a couple of DVDs and one collection tape (I still have the tape) but their early albums are not available anymore and are out of print. I tried to get in touch with them during my 3-months stay in Mongolia but they refuse to talk with non mongolian "unpure" foreigners. Fuck them.

Ayasyin Salki have one album only, easily available on CD in mongolian record shops. It's a recent reprint as it seems the first CD version (made in Russia) had more songs. Never seen the first version, nobody has it, and I guess the information on MA are wrong. Nobody has ever heard of it and most of the additional tracks were single tracks only, video clips or promotional songs recorded in various years.
Early demos were pure heavy metal similar to Accept or Judas Priest.
I tried to get in touch with tehm for a possible re-release of their demos but they always refused to talk with foreigners. Fuck them too, mongolian xenophobic retarded.
But their CD is quite good, similar to early Carcass: Necrotisicm, Heartwork......I sold a lot of copies in Europe while I was in Mongolia

Then there was a band called PARAPHERNALIA whose only known recording is a long rehearsal track recorded in 1991. Some collectors have it. I don't

No other bands are currently playing death metal in Mongolia. I know there are a few bands playing black metal but I've never been to their concerts as I was warned that foreigners are not welcome. Fuck them pt. 3

In any case you can see the only CDs available from Mongolia here on my blogspot:

http://jnfernalworld.blogspot.it/2011/1 ... -2011.html

Your vast music knowledge and music experience amazes me bro, respect.
About Mongolia some years ago I search for metal bands in that country and I found a couple of them, I also saw that racism is a quite common aspect. I discovered a band called Ornaments of Agony, but they even didn’t give the chance to add them or send a message, anyway their music was quite lame so it was not a great lost.

I tried to find a folk/black metal band but I failed, do you know anyone?

Its quite funny and sad at the same time to see how racist they are, they hate foreigners but they listen to foreign music and copy their image, pathetic, they cant be more retards.

bastardnasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:38 am 

Hello and thanx for your words!

Last edited by bastardnasum on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SadisticOrgasm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:33 am 

bastardnasum wrote:
Ahhh...pity I found this topic too late. Actually I never check the forum
NEPAL and BUTHAN:

I lived 3 months in Nepal during 2010/11 (from Italy to Kathmandu by bus and train just to meet an italian friend. Then I liked the place and I decided to spent a few months there as with 5 US$/day I could sleep and eat!). I made a lot of friends into black, death, hardcore and punk and I knew a lot of bands, organizators, promoters, shops, distros....there are many many new bands coming out and the KTM Death Festival is becoming nbigger and bigger year after year.
The problem is that many bands do not have physical releases because it's too much expensive to print a CD or even a CDr, so most of them promote their songs through Youtube, facebook or Twitter only...just single songs or short demos downladable.
Slow internet connections, lack of electricity, lack of funds, poverty (Nepal is the 7th poorest country in the world) make the scene struggling hard but there are great people in Kathmandu. The KTM death festival is mandatory!
I am planning to spend a few months in Nepal again from early 2014 as I love it, expecially non.touristic areas! So if you need something, just let me know

Hey I'm glad you've been able to get enrolled with the scene here during your stay! Here's my say on the Nepalese heavy metal scene;

Heavy metal bands started to appear in Nepal by late 1980s, but most of them only did cover songs of Western bands. Extreme metal entered only in mid-90s, with couple of like-minded friends starting the death/thrash metal band called Nihilist (existed 1995-1999), who later went to form UgraKarma in 1999, who have a legendary status in the country's metal underground for having released the first ever full-length album under any metal subgenre. They're releasing their new EP at the end of this year through Legion of Death.

By mid-2000s, especially with the formation of bands like Cruentus and Antim Grahan (esp. Cruentus), stirred the scene like a tsunami. Lots of bands emerged and scene started to have a lot of variations genre-wise.

At present, death metal is the one dominant genre in the scene, with bands like UgraKarma, Binaash, Dying Out Flame, etc. among the best ones, the latter playing Vedic death metal (Rudra meetes Kartikeya meets Unleashed meets Weapon). The genre may also have been fueled because of bands like Vader, Decapitated, Napalm Death, Nervecell, etc. headlining festivals here already (and Behemoth playing again in November!). Other bands worthy checking out are Kalodin, Antim Grahan, etc.

Few recommendations;

CRUENTUS (Black Metal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8giunxAsMlo
KALODIN (Symphonic Black Metal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aluR_mZEiBk
ANTIM GRAHAN (Symphonic Black/Death Metal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5B1mScRNZY
UGRAKARMA (Death Metal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERP8Vig2dAg
BINAASH (Brutal Death Metal/Grindcore): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYJWNtK4qY
72 HRS (Thrash Metal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61CeRiXHIIo
DYING OUT FLAME (Vedic Death Metal) (live): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJtdoAxRtM

AnimeDad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:56 am 

Slayer

Nu-metal from an obscure new country called America.

Maulgraun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:18 pm 

Theres Týr from the Faroe Islands, but that might technically be a part of Denmark.

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:42 pm 

I see someone already mentioned Acrassicauda. Allwell. Let's what I can recomend at the moment.
There's Angband from Iran & they play Power Metal.
& then there's The Samans from China. They play Industrial Folk Metal, though to me they sound more Celtic rather than Chinese & I don't hear the Industrial elements either.
There's also Balyios from South Africa & they play Power Folk Metal. Again, they're a more European kind of Folk rather than anything indigenous.
& lastly, while not a real Metal band, there is The S.I.G.I.T. from Indonesia. They play a form of Hard Rock that bares some similarity to Wolfmother & The Datsuns.

I additionally want to also recomend Hail Spirit Noir from Greece (Progressive Psychedelic Black Metal/Rock), A Thousand Leaves from Japan (Neoclassical/Power/Melodic Death Metal/Metalcore), & Troldhaugen from Australia (Black/Folk/Avant-Garde). Yes those countries aren't atypical but I felt the need to mention these obscure artists anyways.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:26 pm 

Bastardnasum's post in this thread is incredible. Greece? Japan? Australia? get out....
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:10 am 

Bastard Nasum, would definitely be pretty keen for some quality siberian/pole of cold-ish metal, spent a bit of time in Yakutsk, Oymyakon etc. this January, be interesting to see if that nuts weather has good effects on the music.. Or if it's just bad K-pop everywhere like everything I heard over there, haha.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:57 am 

DEATHEVOKER from Malaysia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC4Be6DP3M4

old school death metal in the vein of Dismember/Entombed. Check it out!

"You make it easy."

bastardnasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:27 am 

Well, actually in Siberia - in Ulan Ude to be precise - I saw a couple of metal contest and I must say almost every band was ok...from power metal to thrash to gothic death to black metal.
I remember - among a lot of unknown names - I've seen Хронос and Trident (ex Contr-Act) playing as well. As usual, this "theatrial" metal approach that many russian metal bands have...
Actually Ulan Ude is much more active than Yakutsk (of course, being Yakutks completely isolated for many months per year) or even the bigger Irkutsk. But I counted at least a good 10-15 bands in the town playing live or gigging in studio recordings. To be honest I forgot the names...

there is Trident, Sadis (viking-melodic death),
Barbarity Inside Gore are from Chita, not too far from UU...

For example, I see there was the Metal Hail Fest 2013 held on last march with the following bands:

★ Anno Diaboli / symphonic black metal / [Оmsk] - HEADLINER 60 мин.
• Attention!Party / post-hardcore / [Ulan Ude] - 30 мин.
• Barbarity Inside Gore / slamming brutal death metal / [Chita] - 30 мин.
★ Black Cannabis / slamming brutal death metal / [Kemerovo] - 50 мин.
• BreakuP / nu-metal / [Ulan Ude] - 30 мин.
★ Dehydrated / death metal / [Tomsk] - HEADLINER 60 мин.
★ Dark Revenge / progressive metal / [Тomsk] - HEADLINER 50 мин.
• Detonation / thrash metal / [Krasnoyarsk] - 30 мин.
• Lost Conception / black / death metal / [Krasnoyarsk] - 30 мин.
• Mysteria Mortis / pagan / folk metal / [Komsomolsk-Na-Amure] - СПЕЦГОСТИ 40 мин.
• Sadis / viking metal / [Ulan Ude] - 40 мин.
• Sensorium / sympho metal / [Omsk] - 40 мин.
★ Storm / alternative metal / [Ulan Ude] - HEADLINER 60 мин.
★ Tapinoma Say / post-death / [Krasnoyarsk] - HEADLINER 60 мин.
• The Махры / ska-punk / hardcore / [Chita] - СПЕЦГОСТИ 50 мин.
• Wirghata / black / death metal / [Krasnoyarsk] - 30 мин.
• Y.U.K.I. / alternative / nu-metal / [Ulan Ude] - 30 мин.
• Метель / black metal / [Novokuznetsk] - 30 мин.
• Чертова Кукла / dark metal / [Chita] - 30 мин.
+ 11 more groups (!)

you can see the link here:

https://vk.com/wall-16738065_3054

or here, with even more bands from the whole siberian region:

http://rock.irk.ru/sites/default/files/ ... 448552.jpg

Other bands from the same region (Irkutsk, Omsk, Ulan Ude, Chita, Kemerovo, Novosibirsk, Brats, Barnaul) can be found here and there are so many as you can see:

http://vk.com/pages?oid=-16738065&p=%D0 ... D0%BF_2012

as far as I know most bands do not have demos or recorded album...just a few mp3/videos shared on youtube, facebook or - mainly - vkontakte (the russian facebook).

And I deleted my mp3 collection (1 Tb of unreleased/rare recordings from all over the world) last august when I gave my external HD to my brother as a gift...too late for complaints :D

Well, consider that if Heavy Metal in Russia was born in the western side, Siberia is famous for the birth of punk music in the late 70's/early 80's (Grazhdanskaya Oborona, Yanka Dyagleva, the newer Sibirski Masturbator or Huj Zabej among tons of other names...), the so called "siberian punk" that influenced the whole punk genere in the country) so it's not that remote area....and not that unaccessible part of the world that we may think. Maybe it's a bit cold (it reached -39 during the time I was there) but definitively a place where I saw a lot of tourist from all over the world (just google images for Ulan Ude and you'll see it's a very popular town for backpapers bound to Mongolia/Siberia/Transsiberian express) and there is a nice metal approach. The owner of my guesthouse was playing in a brutal-black band and had a solo project, so it's not that "strange"

Also in Yakutsk - that is one of the most remote and (for many months) unaccessible regions of Siberia there is an interesting musical activity, there is also a musical/artistic international meeting once at year with bands coming from all over the world...

In a few weeks I'll go there again and then I'll go to Mongolia again in order to see if I can get in touch with Аясын Салхи (I want to get their 3 demo/live tapes recorded in the 80's/early 90's and see if I can re-release them somehow) and then through China and Tibet and stop in Nepal: I was chatting with my good friends overthere and I heard there are a lot of new bands coming out, more and more shows, the KTM Metal Fest is growing bigger, Behemot from Poland are going to play and new bands coming out.
My idea is to stay there a few months and shot a video documentary about the scene and the people, we'll see....

Here you have a few bands/links that my friend passed me a couple of days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnfbMUePIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H0MgH3lGKk
(they should release their debut album in a short)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDGIoQua08M
(they recentely released their ep "shrouded by death")

http://ghalazat.bandcamp.com/
with local cult heroes Ugra Karma, Jugaa, Terrifyer, Sangharsha...
Ugra Karma are quite famous also abroad and I can find their albums once I go to Kathmandu again

There is also this split, with my favourite nepalese band, Binaash:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... d689061ac0

https://www.facebook.com/binaashband

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OneDvRF ... l=en&gl=US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iWJ14lp ... e=youtu.be

Then I'm planning to go to Philippines as well to make some researches, but I found the very first heavy metal release made in the country. It's not listed on MA archives yet and I am waiting for a full mp3 rip of the tape before submitting it:

Warhead: Meltdown Tape Lp (1985, Ivory Records), this is the only song available on youtube, called "Red Alert" but I am managing to get the full tape soon from some contacts overthere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm1lM6m6A8c

Also Philippines would be an interesting field of research for rare metal/unknown bands.
Almost everything has been written about punk/hardcore music of the 80's (Philippines was one of the most fierce, ferocious and interesting punk scenes during the 80's: luckily almost every recording is available, while bands from the 90's are hard to track and to get) but heavy metal/thrash/death was always quite underrated and very few bands managed to record something before 1993, the year that death metal definitively exploded.
The very first classic metal bands in the country were Warhead ("Meltdown" Tape 1985), Kaptain Bakal (the very first metal band ever in the country: it seems there is just a rehearsal tape around), RP ("Street legal" Tape 1985, boring glam/aor similar to hundred of malaysian 80's hard rock bands), Wolfgang, Razorback (they both released several albums/CD from 1994 on, despite they formed earlier), Kabaong Ni Kamatayan (they released a couple of song on a local comp. tape called "Screams from the underground", quite sloppy thrash/death/hc/crossover), Scum (one rehearsal tape in 1992, total Napalm Death-worshippers)...

just for curiosity, this is a list of philippino bands formed from the early 80's to 1992, with the known recordings:

A.O.D. (Agony Of Destruction):
Aftermath:
Anesthesia:
Apostate:
Astarus:
Banned:
Barang:
Belsebub:
Brimstone In Fire:
Bubonic Plague:
Brutal Punishment:
Caress Of Steel:
Casket:
Cookie Monster:
Crematorium/Krematorium/Kampo Santo/Sacrilegion:
D.A.D.:
D.F.A. (Death From Above):
Dahong Palay:
Dead Sperm:
Death After Birth:
Deceased: Never rest in peace Tape 1988 (previous tapes were pure punk/hc)
Deifago (Deiphago): Rehearsal Demo 1991
Deiphago: Hail Mary Innana Demo 1993 (3 tx)
Deiphago: Live 1993 VIDEO
Depth Charger:
Dethrone:
Discant X:
Disinterment:
Drastic Noise:
Erebus:
Flaming Hemorrhoids:
Friday The 13th:
Genital Grinder:
Godless:
Gum Bleed:
Iconoclast: Unveiling the aftermath Demo 1993
Kabaong Ni Kamatayan: 2 songs from Screams From The Underground Comp. Tape 1992
Kaptain Bakal: Demo recordings 198x
KNK/Kryptik Death:
Kulangot:
Loads Of Moterhood:
Lucia:
M.A.D. (Mutual Assured Destruction):
Mere Mercy:
Mind Heart Blood:
Mongoloids:
Mushroom Cloud:
Mysterious:
Political Chaos:
Posthumous:
Puneraria/Earth Angel/Kundinado:
Razorback:
Red Corpse: Recorded chaos Rehearsal Demo 1997 (7 tx)
Releif:
Resurrected: Race war Demo 1993
RP: Street legal Tape 1985
Rumblebelly:
Sacrilege: Demo
Sarcoma:
Scum: Rehearsal Demo 1992
Signos:
Sky Church:
Smile Plenty (noisecore):
Solitude:
Template:
Thanatopsy:
The Abyss:
Torment:
Traffic Jam/Dead Ends:
Tribulation:
V.O.D. (Valley Of Death): Demo 1987
Valhalla:
Warhead: Meltdown Tape Lp 1986
Zamora:
VV.AA.: Philippines, where do we go from here? Tape 1989 (with Discant X, Infernal Wrath...)
VV.AA.: Screams from the underground Tape 1992
VV.AA.: Themes of madness Tape 1993

Last edited by bastardnasum on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bastardnasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:34 am 

For Caspian:

Mmm...I think it would be quite hard to see something in Yakutsk on next january. You know the whole town is completely isolated from October/November until late March and the only way to reach it is by plane or by local connections but the road simply does not exist during wintertime. So I hardly see some bands going there on January. How do you go there? The best solution is an inner flight but it's fucking expensive. I will be in Ulan Ude around that time and in Ulan Ude there's a higher chance to see some local concert/gig...I saw 3 in December 2011 and it's a place easy to reach by train or road both from Russia and/or Mongolia/China being much warmer than Yakutsk and free of ice. Consider that in Yakutsk you can reach temperatures of -50/-65 on January while in Ulan Ude the coldest temperature may hardly reach -45 during the same time

So I hardly see the possibility of some metal concert in Yakutsk but you can find some local pub, where usually there are live gigs every night. If you're lucky you can find some local metal bands, even if I mainly saw blues/jazz/acoustic bands covering mainly Kino or Grazhdanskaya Oborona songs...

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:19 am 

Since I'm from Singapore, I'll point you to some of my own favourites(and I know practically every band here)

Absence Of The Sacred - Technical melodic death, kinda like Arsis but a more twisted and slightly blackened version. Check out Atrocities That Birthed Abominations and Come Hither O Herald Of Death for the best work.

Blood Divison - Blackened crust/d-beat, check out Necrordnance EP for their best work.

Helvette - Black metal in the vein of Sargeist and Tsudjer.

Oshiego(shameless self promotion here), death/thrash with some middle-eastern leanings. Not sure I fully agree but most reviewers compare us to Demolition Hammer, Sepultura, Asphyx or Intestine Baalism.

bastardnasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:11 am 

For SadisticOrgasm: hey, thanx for your information

Where are you from? KTM? I was used to spend my time at Mahabouda Square, where there were a lot of metal guys....do you know some of them like HellsgodBykey, Nazihelldemon, the brothers Ritees & Rikees, Ukesh Kadgi, Madhu Hada....

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:44 am 

OP, there's Averse Sefira which comes from some shithole I think :-P

Riffs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 am 

Bastardnasum: Interesting post!

I just love these atypical scenes. The music isn't usually mind-blowing but there's a a naive quality to those scenes that reminds me of the 80s. There's a unique energy. Plus they sometimes have bizarre concepts or hilarious names.

By following the links in your post, I stumbled upon a stoner band called To Have Balls. You just can't make that shit up :-D

bastardnasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:33 pm 

:-D

truvelocity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:38 am 

WRECKING TANGANYIKA, death metal from Zambia free album download;
http://wreckingtanganyika.bandcamp.com/

This interview with Shaxul of LEGION OF DEATH RECORDS might be helpful since he has specialized in signing bands from atypical countries and here is a whole thread on African metal;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93474

~Guest 325502
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:48 am 

Some bands from Myanmar:

Weizador: They play sort of an atmospheric BM (they also have some non-BM tracks). The main guy is currently living in Sydney, we hang out sometimes. The drummer is a friend of mine as well. They just released a demo, you can download it off their website.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ0ypULVBCc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRoNKVGRdhs

Deiwa Deihti: Started off as a slam band and went into a thrashy direction. They even recorded a cover of Angel of Death with Penny Torture from the Singaporean band Psycho.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR--KcgKoY0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scw5X-3NUvg

Pazaw Thwi: Kind of like melodic brutal death metal (think Intestine Baalism).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_rhK2J3bpU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LlkLcoee3M

Athurakel: Black Metal. Some of the members are living in Bangkok. Good friends of mine as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-h8JermBCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjdQTr5OYwY

Self-Butchered: Slam death metal. Standard stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-P2NY5PCEY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NzltU3YDIs

And there are several more.
I actually run a Youtube channel dedicated to the scene: http://www.youtube.com/user/southerndominion

The main guy who runs the recording/producing job behind these bands is a good friend of mine. Most bands are haven't actually released anything except individual songs (except Weizador) so they aren't on the archives yet. Self-Butcherd is aiming to release a full length by the end of the year (or next).

Last edited by ~Guest 325502 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lukcifer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:20 am 

bastardnasum wrote:
My favourite band from Albania is Thunder Way (coming from the ashes of Megaherz, which recorded 3 demo songs in the late 80's) with their album "The order executors". Good thrash-speed that I wish to re-release on CD one day

I really hope that this will happen one day, that Thunder Way album is incredible ! Did you manage to get a copy of the tape during your stay in Albania ?

I'm super jealous of your travels/adventures, one day I hope to do the same and travel the world in search for lost recordings and bands, unfortunately I need money first.

bastardnasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:29 pm 

Eh unfortunately not....I tried to get in touch with Bledar Seijko (Thunder Way original founder) through Facebook but I can't say I got a pleasant feeling (1 "yes" and 1 "no" were their only replies in 3 months and 12 messages)...

In any case you don't need too much money to travel...I survived last year through Turkey, Iran, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia just buying and reselling CD, DVD, VCD, movies, music, movie poster, books....at the end I just paid 9 months abroad with sales. If you are on music forums, movie forums and you know many music collectors, b-movie collectors, then it's relatively quite easy.
When I was in Malaysia (5 months) I made "a lot" of money selling old indonesian horror movies to collectors all around the world. And I covered my stay somehow. But it's not easy and you don't have much time to enjoy monuments or sightseeing. I hope it could be a sort of job for those who (just like me) are unemployed in their own homeland.
In the future I'm planning a trip to Taiwan: maybe there isn't a lot of metal overthere but there are a lot of old horror/sicence fiction/giant monster movies that are almost impossible to find outside the island and are of great interest to collectors.
The first thing you should ask yourself is: "where can I go to stay as long as possible and sell as much as possible?"
Then you start making a list of countries: Malaysia and Indonesia are good places where to find heavy metal/hard rock/black/brutal as well as hundred and hundred f shitty b-movies.
Philipines is a gold mine for old 70's/80's psychotronic movies
China may be good because there is a growing metal/extreme musical production that hardly reaches Europe.
Korea (South) has a long-term tradition of hard rock/heavy metal similar to Japan
Russia is quite a good place where to find old local vinyls and new vinyl edition for a cheap price
Turkey is good for old 70's movies (superheres, action, thriller, spin-offs) and 90's death/metal/old cassettes...
then of course you should get in touch with friends, old customers, old traders, forums, post sale list everywhere and hope that you may find potential customers who may buy a lot from the place where you're in.

well, it's just a suggestion.....but you can try, I don't say you'll always win but at least you can prolong your stay with low costs. And you can get back some money along the way.
:)

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:47 am 

Oh, I've already been and gone mr.Nasum, what I meant to say is that I went last winter. Didn't really go to any gigs, was only in Yakutsk itself for a few days and the weather (hovered around -48 C) wasn't really conducive to wandering around/trying to find a pub etc. Found a bar in the centre of town and just got rather drunk. I flew there from Moscow and then toured around a little while with some other tourists in a minivan, amazing place! Got a -58 in Oymjakon, absolutely mental. Would love to go back in summer at some point, we'll see what happens.

I'll be checking out some of those bands you've named though, they all look rather interesting :)

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

raveneyeslikemirrors
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:23 am 

You should try Iced Warm from Uzbekistan.

They are gothic metal much in the vein of Nightwish, but their music is very strange in how the songs are constructed and is sounds a whole lot more bleak and negative compared to Nightwish.

~Guest 325502
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 am 

bastardnasum wrote:

BURMA: surprisingly there was a very active punk (!) scene in the mid 80's up to early 90's (!!!) with a lot of bands (!!!!): Ghost Rider (2 demos in mid 90's), The Ants (14 songs demo in 1998), Query Query (a demo in early 90's)
As for heavy metal/rock/death, I know 2 names only: Emperor and Iron Cross, acitve since the early 80's (!) but expect nothing too "hard"...it's good Deep Purple-ish hard rock. Karthago Records has some CDs in distro.

An italian friend of mine who lives in Yangoon (in a artistic squat!) says there are many rock/metal bands and it's not true that police and goverment make a harsh repression on cultural movements. It depends. And things are going to change quite fast in the last year...expect a lot of bands from MYANMAR soon as there is a (very) underground movement and nice people

In addition to the metal bands in my previous post, the punk scene is alive in Myanmar/Burma as well. I am not really sure about other bands, but Rebel Riot is a pretty "big" name in the underground. They even covered The Clash's London Calling as "Yangon Calling" :D

Yangon Calling (with the video of the band members going around Yangon and stuff)
Fuck Religious Rules & Wars
A short video about Rebel Riot

Emperor and Iron Cross are more like hard rock/blues rock/pop rock (and arguably some heavy metal) and they mostly play like Burmese versions of foreign songs - we, Burmese, call them "copy songs" (they also have their own original songs as well). They have like Burmese versions of Malmsteen, Ozzy, Metallica, Gary Moore to Korn, Collective Soul, etc.

And of course, there are deathcore/metalcore bands (and they dominate the "underground" scene). One of those bands is on the archives - Nightmare, they play like a Lamb of God-ish metalcore.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:40 pm 

I used to frequent that Spirit of Metal site quite a lot back in the day and used to talk with some guys from a thrash metal band from Jordan called Exile, just recently re-listened to some of their stuff and it has a definite old school Kreator sound to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNqC3C4CpM

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:30 am 

Felt the urge to name Genocide Shrines from Sri Lanka. Simply one of the best new bands from Asia.

Here's why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejSAnjs3KNo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETyXCbDlz-I

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:34 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
I used to frequent that Spirit of Metal site quite a lot back in the day and used to talk with some guys from a thrash metal band from Jordan called Exile, just recently re-listened to some of their stuff and it has a definite old school Kreator sound to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNqC3C4CpM

I'll probably check them out soon. For a similar older-style extreme thrash from the Middle East, I'm already impressed by Bahrain's Motör Militia.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next