lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 am 

Howdy.

Lord Worm was the best.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:54 am 

Chad from Hour of 13 posted a while back. I think this was regarding the band's new lineup amongst other things.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:11 am 

Wasn't Mark Shelton on here a while back?

SleightOfVickonomy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:53 am 

No fucking way! That would be the best.
Phil Anselmo has mentioned using the main website though but he has never used the forum.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 am 

There was some question as to whether the person on here was just a troll pretending to be Mark Shelton. I don't remember the posts in question but I do seem to recall some unreasonable stuff going on. I can state with confidence that Mark wouldn't waste his time trolling an Internet message board, so if that really did happen, it wasn't him...
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:18 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Also, I'm not an audiophile, but I don't really know what the physical or aural difference is between CDs and CD-Rs, in reference to the Morbid Saint argument. Packaging and double stacking the disc, sure, but not so much between those. Here is my reference point, as well.

You missed the point of the argument about Thrashaholics. That being that they were charging something like $35 for a set of three CD-Rs without even as much as a back cover insert. And if I remember correctly the shipping for Europe was $15! So, all in all we're talking about a huge sum of money for a really poor quality release. And that was why people got pissed off in the end.

Necromaniac99 wrote:
Jasper92 wrote:
Well, I have a confession to make. I'm Rob Halford...

Then u are a faggot ?

:lol:

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:15 pm 

androdion wrote:
You missed the point of the argument about Thrashaholics. That being that they were charging something like $35 for a set of three CD-Rs without even as much as a back cover insert. And if I remember correctly the shipping for Europe was $15! So, all in all we're talking about a huge sum of money for a really poor quality release. And that was why people got pissed off in the end.

You literally explained and addressed nothing.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:43 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
androdion wrote:

You literally explained and addressed nothing.

How come? :confused:

The band announced the compilation, without much detail except for the track list and cover. People could order it for the aforementioned values and all was well with the world. When those that bought it started receiving the compilation things changed. They found themselves sort of cheated by the band, as if they were going for a quick cash grab with a homemade set of CD-R discs without as much as proper inserts! And then people started asking "wtf?!" and the guy from the band got touchy about it and left.

Can't be much clearer than this.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:45 pm 

Unlike Morbid Saint, FasterDisaster is a bit slow.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:51 pm 

Much like most members of bands who stop by, I think he was just announcing the release, not looking to stay around. It's a nice set, but way overpriced considering it's a regular sized jewel case with three discs packed into it. Pat Lind gave me one at MDF and it's well done, just looks like a budget release, not a proper box set or something special.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:38 pm 

To me, the biggest issue with that Morbid Saint case was, that they didn't declare what they were selling before people had spend money on their cd-arse. They should have been more specifik to begin with, so people would have had a fair chance to say no thanks. Having said that, the cd-r's in question are of decent quality. It's not a question about the digital sound quality of the file on the cd-r, but the quality of the cd-r itself. A homeburned cd-r will not last for long time. A professionel printed cd-r (like these Morbid Saint cd-r's) might last as long as a silverpressed cd. Who knows.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:16 pm 

For the record, here is the first Morbid Saint thread where the plans for the 3CD set were announced and discussed:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86251

Here is the thread begun when ordering started. About a third of the way down the first page is when people start receiving them and going, "uh, CD-R?"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=90341

It never got heated, really, and the Morbid Saint dude stuck around to address the complaints, so I highly doubt he left the forums because of all that.

edit: haha, well at some point he did stick an "I may not be back, so" right before his customary "Stay Morbid!" salutation, so who knows.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:53 pm 

Wilytank wrote:

Don't know if he uses it or not, but I wouldn't be surprised, heck he has a facebook.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 pm 

Wilytank wrote:

No, but legend has it that when all the board's USPM dorks unite at a certain hour of day in a special formation, their bodies meld together to form what is essentially a 30-foot-tall colonial organism with the general appearance of Mark Shelton.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:54 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:

Also, I'm not an audiophile, but I don't really know what the physical or aural difference is between CDs and CD-Rs, in reference to the Morbid Saint argument. Packaging and double stacking the disc, sure, but not so much between those. Here is my reference point, as well.

probably more to do with this, heres my own reference point... http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... burned_CDs

EDIT: Just noticed that this has been noted in above post's, apologies

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:33 pm 

Someone said that Mutatiis from Elysian Blaze is on the forums, and I read somewhere that Droneriot is the dude in Alpha Drone (and like ten other bands).

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 pm 

Well, it's written in Droneriot's signature...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:39 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Well, it's written in Droneriot's signature...

lol that's probably where i read it then :)

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 pm 

By that token there's also Subrick from Sorrowseed and SLK from what 9,000,000 different bands.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:16 pm 

Martin (Vintyr) from Hateful Abandon posted here a few times in the past. I made a thread (under an older account) requesting advice on getting my vocals to sound as ferocious as the ones in Basilisk, and the first reply was from the guy himself. Not exactly famous, but Basilisk was a favourite of mine back then.

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

stevo0914
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:18 pm 

James Malone from Arsis posted not long ago

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:44 am 

I hear Bob Macabre posts on the forums, but he has 36 different usernames so nobody can keep track of him.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:37 am 

captain_che wrote:
Someone said that Mutatiis from Elysian Blaze is on the forums,.

Indeed he is/was, I bought Blood Geometry of him, sound guy.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:48 am 

Foulchrist wrote:
Martin (Vintyr) from Hateful Abandon posted here a few times in the past. I made a thread (under an older account) requesting advice on getting my vocals to sound as ferocious as the ones in Basilisk, and the first reply was from the guy himself. Not exactly famous, but Basilisk was a favourite of mine back then.
I fucking love the song "Open the Grave" from that Basilisk release. Does that guy still make any music with a different band/name? seems he is completely inactive which is too bad.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:03 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
Foulchrist wrote:
I fucking love the song "Open the Grave" from that Basilisk release. Does that guy still make any music with a different band/name? seems he is completely inactive which is too bad.

No idea what he's up to now, he stopped releasing black metal and changed the direction of Hateful Abandon (previously Abandon), which I haven't kept up with. I think it was the usual "I don't want to be just another bedroom BM band" which is a shame, because all three Basilisk releases were fucking spectacular. I assume Hateful Abandon (also has the guy from Swine/Salute) is still going, could be wrong.

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:40 pm 

I have never been able to find anything by Hateful Abandon and they don't have a band page either. Basilisk had potential but oh well

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:41 pm 

The guy from Brutality posting updates recently was pretty cool :)

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:10 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
I have never been able to find anything by Hateful Abandon and they don't have a band page either. Basilisk had potential but oh well

They don't have a band page because the new direction wasn't metal. However, the Abandon EP was re-released with the new name but long before new material was released, so I'd have thought that would qualify them to have a page.

After the change of style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erDDl_4toLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5s4JNrRKS8

hots_towel wrote:

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 pm 

Looks like Jack Owen (Deicide/ex-Cannibal Corpse) just paid this forum a visit. Well, that cleared up some things...

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:33 pm 

Yeah we found out he digs Country music.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:50 pm 

I recall Arthur from Cormorant posting here a few times, but he's done that on a bunch of forums that he doesn't really post on often so it's no surprise. Chad from Hour of 13 and the guys from Morbid Saint just about cover the rest that I can think of.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:34 pm 

Ron from Aurora Borealis posted this a couple of days ago: viewtopic.php?p=2341728#p2341728

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:39 pm 

James from Arsis was here around the time their new album came out too.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

red_blood_inside
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:43 pm 

If my memory still works, some 3 or 4 years ago the former Deathspell Omega singer posted some shit and accused the members of DO, along with Mikko Aspa as traitors
Not hearsay but the will of man

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:29 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
By that token there's also Subrick from Sorrowseed and SLK from what 9,000,000 different bands.

I can't help I get around! haha.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:30 pm 

SLK is secretly a member of every band to ever exist. He's just being humble by only publicizing a few of them.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

KFD
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:35 pm 

red_blood_inside wrote:
If my memory still works, some 3 or 4 years ago the former Deathspell Omega singer posted some shit and accused the members of DO, along with Mikko Aspa as traitors

Yes, I think Shaxul posted an MP3 version of Manifestations 2002 because he wanted to boycott DSO's Orthodox Satanist orientation. There's probably a feud between him and Hasjarl about the old material copyrights.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:45 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
There was some question as to whether the person on here was just a troll pretending to be Mark Shelton. I don't remember the posts in question but I do seem to recall some unreasonable stuff going on. I can state with confidence that Mark wouldn't waste his time trolling an Internet message board, so if that really did happen, it wasn't him...

he prob has a greek guy to post for him on forums anyway

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 pm 

I thought I remember Venien posting a bunch of stuff on here a while back, trying to promote his band (new VON release). Can't remember what his user name was; I think there was more than one username.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:03 pm 

Just remembered another one. Brett Wehmeyer from Bound By Entrails has been/is on the archives from time to time as either his name or as Runefire Records. In fact I actually bought The Stars Bode You Farewell directly from him a while ago.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next