Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
shreddykruger
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:56 pm 

You guys have used my project Umbral Torturer for your archives, but i never released anything. Its amazing that you deny my other projects but you gladly accept anything posted under Umbral Torturer. Please stop using my hard work for your legions of internet nonsense. I play metal. I love it. Its not a club, and you guys are jerks for using my music to add to your collection. I dont need your permission to play metal. Please remove Umbral Torturer from your archives.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 am 

Did you authorize the downloadable album listed on last.fm?

http://www.last.fm/music/Umbral+Torture ... Flesh+Orgy

shreddykruger
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:04 am 

yes i did, it is my one man project. I submitted the same thing for my band Cryptorium with the same last.fm links. We were an actual band that played shows and recorded. We were denied, but somehow my one man project Umbral Torturer made it on here. What is the deal? I support the archives, but that seems a little lame. If Cryptorium's album for download isnt good enough then how is Umbral Torturer?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:46 am 

It's probably based on the fact that one is considered metal enough to be on the archives while the other is not. Or could be that one of them has a digital download of the album and the other is just streaming which means it's not 'released.' Playing shows and having a full lineup do not factor in the decision process of if the music itself is metal or not. Once it is deemed metal enough and you have an authorized download that meets the standards that digital albums are judged upon... it gets added. Begging to have it removed because you feel your other projects or bands should be on here instead won't budge anyone.

shreddykruger
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 am 

They both have the same exact ability to be downloaded. I even added an album to Umbral Torturer that was never even released just be sure you guys didnt know what the hell you were doing. I am amazed that you guys use my music without my permission just to get what you deem metal. Here is a link.

http://www.last.fm/music/Cryptorium/The+Torchbearer

It is available the exact same way as umbral torturer, so if Cryptorium is not metal enough, then i would love to see you explanations for some of the nonsense bands i have found in Your archives. I just think your people dont take time to really research anything. And now you guys wont Even let me edit my own info for my own bands. This is exactly why ive tried to keep my music away from this place.

uglur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:11 am 

@ShaolinLambKiller: Please don't mini-mod!

@shreddykruger:
You seem to have a really shitty attitude. Adding fake albums just because you're pissed your band got rejected.
Cryptorium got rejected because of lack of valid release.
It seems you have a full release available for download on Last.fm but there's no cover/artwork whatsoever.

Please read our rules concerning album covers of bands with only digital releases:
The rules wrote:
Cover art: The album should ideally have a cover art, since it serves as a visual identifier for a collection of songs and can be used for making a DIY physical release, should the buyer want the songs on a CD for his/her personal collection. If the digital release has a fully defined cover (and preferably not just a logo on a white background), it will go a long way into making it more serious. Liner notes and inserts are even better.

uglur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:20 am 

shreddykruger wrote:
They both have the same exact ability to be downloaded. I even added an album to Umbral Torturer that was never even released just be sure you guys didnt know what the hell you were doing. I am amazed that you guys use my music without my permission just to get what you deem metal. Here is a link.

http://www.last.fm/music/Cryptorium/The+Torchbearer

It is available the exact same way as umbral torturer, so if Cryptorium is not metal enough, then i would love to see you explanations for some of the nonsense bands i have found in Your archives. I just think your people dont take time to really research anything. And now you guys wont Even let me edit my own info for my own bands. This is exactly why ive tried to keep my music away from this place.

You can only edit info if your rank is high enough. The reason is to prevent shitheads like you from vandalizing the site and adding shitloads of false information.
So how shall we know if an album you added doesn't exist? We can't sit there and check every single bit of information added each day. This site works because reasonable users contribute to this site. If wrong information is added it can be reported and eventually gets re-evaluated by a mod.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 am 

I have restored Cryptorium. I think the mod who rejected it went by the fact that there was no cover art, which I admit isn't ideal, but the music seems professional, it's a full-length and has a fixed tracklist. If that Last.fm download is official, I don't see why the band shouldn't be acceptable. Digital-only bands can be a bit iffy to judge; our guidelines for them aren't always black-and-white and mod discretion can vary from staffer to staffer.

shreddykruger wrote:
I am amazed that you guys use my music without my permission just to get what you deem metal.

Nobody is "using your music." We are simply documenting public information.

shreddykruger wrote:

The rank system is there for a good reason, otherwise we wouldn't know what to do about the hordes of clueless users adding wrong data, trolls and vandals. If you have anything to update, please file a report for the page (it's the button in the upper right corner).

Any perceived "nonsense bands" can and should be brought up here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65721 We are happy to take a look at them. Neither the Archives nor the people running it are perfect, so mistakes can happen. Let's try to remedy them instead of complaining.

shreddykruger wrote:
I even added an album to Umbral Torturer that was never even released just be sure you guys didnt know what the hell you were doing.

What the...? Why would you do that? You complain about us not doing our research and then deliberately add bullshit information? What the fuck, dude? You know that's vandalism and you could be banned for this kind of moronic crap, right? EDIT: Ah, you've already been banned for it. Alright then, well done. :nono:

shreddykruger
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 am 

I apologize for my shitty attitude. Ive been drinking. Thank you for understanding and thank you for adding cryptorium. I may be a dickhead sometimes, but im a metalhead till death. I like the archives, but just like anyone, im protective over my art, and the fake album i submitted was deleted instantly by someone else. I do apologize and thank you again, we worked really hard on the cryptorium stuff, we actually have cover art for it but i cant upload it because the artist is an even bigger dick than i am. Sorry for the comments, again ive been drinking.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:34 pm 

If it makes you feel any better I was also drinking when you were banned.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm 

uglur wrote:
@ShaolinLambKiller: Please don't mini-mod!

@shreddykruger:
You seem to have a really shitty attitude. Adding fake albums just because you're pissed your band got rejected.
Cryptorium got rejected because of lack of valid release.
It seems you have a full release available for download on Last.fm but there's no cover/artwork whatsoever.

Honestly didn't see it as mini-modding since I frequently enjoy reading through these threads and see many non-mod answers to questions and listings of possibilites to why something is how it is. Oh well mistakes made.

Reply to topic