Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Imraotnh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:14 pm 

I hope that you'll like my one man dark/ritual black metal project Peostor Odium. Any type of feedback will be greatly appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/di4kata/peostor-o ... unworthies

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:22 pm 

Overall the composition was repetitive in the bad kind of way because of how flat it was. Specifically, you would switch keyboard spooky-organ notes every two measures and let them ring out repeatedly. I get that you are going for a ritualistic thing, but it was overboard for me. This drew most of my attention until the lead guitars at the end jump in so it was a pretty major issue. Underneath that I felt that your vocal delivery was pretty uneven, like you varied your actual volume, distance from the microphone, or possibly used an unsuitable mic. The percussion was really quiet, which didn't really bother me but it was close to indiscernible. The guitars kind of melted under the weight of the keyboard stuff and your vocals but they were clearer than the drums.

Keep at it. Also, I listened to the track on cruddy little headphones so I won't have the best sense for what's going on, but I think my input would be the same if I listened on something better.

Do you have any other songs? How long have you had this project for and what are your plans for it?

Imraotnh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:11 pm 

Thank you for the feedback!

I know that the mix is far from perfect - since I made this song, I've learned a thing or too, unfortunately the recording files aren't with me at the moment so the new mix will have to wait. The "project" was done around half an year ago just because I wanted to experiment with something different (I record psychedelic rock/doom most of the time) but was fairly pleased with the result (musically, not mixing speaking). Since this song I've came back to it only once and the result is badly played guitar track and no other instrumentation/percussion/vocals. I am not a guitarist by the way (I play mainly keyboards) so the riffs and the whole feel of the guitar, bass and percussion playing (and the vocals too) may be not very natural (like someone who has played for years).

Reply to topic