Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
haunterofthedark
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm 

We are a band from Mexico, we are called Haunter Of The Dark (in honor of the great short story bu H.P. Lovecraft) we just recorded and released our first demo song, its name is Human Cult. Right now we are facing a problem, we don't know how to classify our style, in other words, we don't know if we are metal enough. If you'd like to help us, you can listen to our song and leave a comment saying which genre you think we play. Here is the link https://soundcloud.com/haunter-of-the-d ... haunter-of

Thank you very much, hope you can help us, we would also appreciate any feedback.

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:29 pm 

Well, metal enough for what?

Its up to y'all how metal you want to be. If you are asking whether it is metal enough to be included on this website then you should review the rules.If you mean is it metal enough to call it metal and you just want some help classifying it? Then, I'd personally say its more rock feeling than metal but clearly has heavy metal influences.

haunterofthedark
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:33 pm 

Apteronotus wrote:
Well, metal enough for what?

Its up to y'all how metal you want to be. If you are asking whether it is metal enough to be included on this website then you should review the rules.If you mean is it metal enough to call it metal and you just want some help classifying it? Then, I'd personally say its more rock feeling than metal but clearly has heavy metal influences.

Yeah, I was mostly asking for the sake of classifying it. After recording it, I had the doubt of which genre we were playing. So you would actually classify at rock plain and simple? Thank you.

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 pm 

I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point with just the one song, it may be hard to tell what direction you are going in right now. I can hear metal, punk, and rock influences so your current tags on soundcloud work for me.

haunterofthedark
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:05 pm 

Apteronotus wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point with just the one song, it may be hard to tell what direction you are going in right now. I can hear metal, punk, and rock influences so your current tags on soundcloud work for me.

Thank you man, any feedback?

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:55 am 

:/ Well, I think it's more hard rock but then again it's not as punchy. The only punk bit lies in those power chords played in the beginning. If you guys had more riffs thrown into it, it could pass off as heavy metal / hard rock. Also, I feel your guitarist needs to work on the solos.

haunterofthedark
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:18 pm 

shouvince wrote:
:/ Well, I think it's more hard rock but then again it's not as punchy. The only punk bit lies in those power chords played in the beginning. If you guys had more riffs thrown into it, it could pass off as heavy metal / hard rock. Also, I feel your guitarist needs to work on the solos.

Yeah, we obviously still need to improve our technique, even though the song came up better than expected, since it was everyone's first studio recording, and we are all relatively young (17 y/o the oldest)

Thanks for your feedback.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:31 pm 

Sounds mostly like an offshoot of punk to me, with a more intricate song structure influenced by metal. As far as the vocals, not sure there.

Reply to topic