* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:05 am 

Well, for those of you wanting Tool...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-tool-album-update/
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:27 am 

In order of fanboy anxiety:

Negura Bunget
Tryptikon
Draconian(if they return to their pre-last two albums sound, and I am also curious about Heike because she has a beautiful voice)
Behemoth
Agalloch
Alcest( well according to Neige I wont like this but...)
Skepticism(anything similar to Alloy would be superb)
Ghost Brigade

DarkWolfXV
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:46 pm 

Epicardiectomy - They've released a single so I'm guessing new album next year
Dying Fetus - Maybe
Cattle Decapitation - Also maybe
Pencil Lead Syringe - Rumors of new album called "Lost in a decaying structure" , so yeah.

UNCHAIN_THE_WOLVES
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:03 pm 

mark of the devil wrote:
Agalloch...

Sweet... just did a quick search, didn't know a new album was in the works, can't wait!

mooDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:22 pm 

mark of the devil wrote:
And hopefully:
Dead Congregation

Yep, would love to see that one as well.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:28 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Esoteric are pretty reliable on the 3 year cycle, although Greg has been busy with mediocre crap in this gap

lychgate? i think they are pretty alright.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 am 

Nope found them boring. Less bad than most stuff Greg chips in on, but still mediocre as fuck. Its too airy and meak, has no presence.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:11 am 

And as far as I know, Wolves in the Throne Room are going to release their last black metal album, which theoretically was recorded two years ago.

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:13 am 

Vektor

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 am 

Skepticism is the only for now. About a month ago Antichrist Kramer said Goatpenis were working in a new album but I haven't heard anything since then.

Wrldeatr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:15 pm 

Doesn't look like Psycroptic's EP will come out in 2013 so I look forward to it in 2014. Since Eluveitie has been also in the studio, I suspect they'll be releasing something as well.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:20 pm 

does anyone know if we'll get to hear something from Benediction in 2014 ? seems awfully quiet in their camp... Okay, I understand Dave Hunt has been going strong with Anaal Nathrakh, but I think most Benediction fans are slowly getting sick of waiting (it's been 5 years or so).... maybe the rest of the band is too ?

and in the meanwhile even Dave Ingram managed to return to the scene after long absence (with 'Down Among The Dead Men"), proves again that we've been waiting for way too long already :D

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:54 pm 

Solefald, mighty Solefald !!!
They are releasing Kosmopolis in 2014 (however in second part of the year) and I hope that it will be album of the decade (at least).

Other:

Mithras - On Strange Loops
Perdition Temple - The Tempter's Victorious
Nàttsòl - Iaktta (when the hell is it coming?)
Moonlyght - Return to Desolation

I am skeptic about Skepticism releasing new album, lol

suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:51 am 

Reid wrote:
I'm both interested in and very curious to hear the new Behemoth album, especially with the new influences (Killing Joke et al.) that Nergal's said have crept into the songwriting. .

I had'nt heard about that, but it would all kindsa of awesome.

We definitely need more Killing Joke in occult/ satanic death metal ;).

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:13 am 

Baroque1 wrote:
Vektor

Yeah? That's great news. They've spaced their previous releases well and I'll definitely look forward to it.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:17 am 

mooDoom wrote:
mark of the devil wrote:
And hopefully:
Dead Congregation

Yep, would love to see that one as well.

is there some info that would suggest they'd be releasing new material next year (apart from "it's been too damn long already") ?

still looking forward to that new anata album, tho' i'm skeptical it'll see the light of day anytime soon

quickbeam
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:27 am 

slavonic777 wrote:
Solefald, mighty Solefald !!!
They are releasing Kosmopolis in 2014 (however in second part of the year) and I hope that it will be album of the decade (at least).

Great! This band can do no wrong for me; Norron Livskunst is a masterpiece. Hope they'll tour too.

I'm most eagerly anticipating the next Moonsorrow album. It will be the first since they signed to Century Media. They're touring pretty hard these days, though, so might not be 2014.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:40 pm 

I'm waiting for new Behemoth, Enfold Darkness and Darkest Hour, Vektor would great too. :D

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:41 pm 

New Overkill.

And whoever mentioned Skyfire, don't hold your breath. They had a bunch of material recorded like two years ago and all we got was a one song teaser. I don't know whats going on with them but its taking foreverrr.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Cianan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:43 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
New Overkill.

And whoever mentioned Skyfire, don't hold your breath. They had a bunch of material recorded like two years ago and all we got was a one song teaser. I don't know whats going on with them but its taking foreverrr.

Yeah, granted the gap between Spectral and Esoteric was 5 years so hopefully! Wishful thinking I guess.

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:12 pm 

Cruciamentum album

DreamOfDarkness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 pm 

Still waiting for Control Denied's When Man And Machine Collide, though I'm not sure if it will ever happen :(
Then of course I'm waiting for a new Psychotic Waltz album. It was supposed to be released this year but it seems they can't make it in time. Which isn't a bad thing - they should take the time they need. No one needs a rushed and partitially finished PW album.

My personal favourite on the wishlist is Immaculate's new album (is it called Universe now?). I don't know if it will be released this year or next year, but two 25 minute technical thrash metal songs are an awesome idea.

Wombface
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:42 pm 

Gotta go with the new Pagan Altar. Pretty sure it's going to be another great album even with all the shit they had to go through with band members leaving.

Still crossing my fingers for new material from Azrael as well.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:36 pm 

Weerwolf wrote:
Cruciamentum album

this. can't wait to hear it. grave miasma finally dropped their first full length this year so perfect timing for cruciamentum to do the same

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 pm 

DreamOfDarkness wrote:
Still waiting for Control Denied's When Man And Machine Collide, though I'm not sure if it will ever happen :(

I had an urge to say this and had it on my list of top anticipated albums for a couple years, but I've about lost hope.

DreamOfDarkness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:24 pm 

Wombface wrote:
Gotta go with the new Pagan Altar. Pretty sure it's going to be another great album even with all the shit they had to go through with band members leaving.

How could I have forgotten this one? Pagan Altar managed to become one of my favourite heavy/doom metal bands within a single year and so far each album has been better than the previous. I'm curious whether they will be able to get out an album even better than Mythical&Magical. I doubt it somehow.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
I had an urge to say this and had it on my list of top anticipated albums for a couple years, but I've about lost hope.

It's such a sad thing. The last post on their facebook site is from december last year, so it seems they aren't very active anymore. They said ten times they are working on it and that it will be released the next year, but to me it seems this just won't happen. If there are obstacles preventing the completion, they could just talk about that and give reason why nothing is happening. But leaving thousands of fans with a probably false release announcement makes me angry and sad at the same time.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:27 am 

Bolzer - Soma

only EP but anyway.... Their last EP Aura is in my 2013 tops

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:21 am 

Agalloch are definitely releasing a new album next year and I am already quivering with pre-excitement.

As hated as they are, I am also looking forward to the new In Flames record. Judged as a melodeath band, they're not great at this point, but as an alternative metal outfit? Definitely better than most (but not as good as Katatonia).

Not metal, but Spencer Chamberlain (ex-vocalist of Underoath) has begun a new project called Sleepwave. Honestly, it sounds like run-of-the-mill alternative rock thus far, but I really like Chamberlain as a vocalist, so I'm definitely giving it a shot. Worst thing that happens is that the new material doesn't suit my palate and I go back to more agreeable things (by my standards).

Mechina will kick off the new year with their new album, Xenon. Considering how fucking awesome Empyrean and Cepheus were, with the former taking and keeping the top spot for me for most of the year (if not the whole year--I haven't yet decided), I am ecstatic about this.

Uneven Structure are in the writing process. I was completely blown away by their début, and can't wait to hear more.

Also not metal, but James Kelly (mastermind behind Altar of Plagues) started a new electronic project called WIFE back in 2012, and released the Stoic EP in the same year. My ears jizzed at it, so I'm excited for the follow-up album that is supposed to be in the works. I certainly hope so.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:07 am 

NOKTURNAL MORTUM - THE TRUTH
D666 - SIEGE ?!
DREAD SOVEREIGN - UNTITLED FULL-LENGTH

nuff said

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:24 pm 

Exmortus
Vektor

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:16 pm 

Gatherum wrote:
Agalloch are definitely releasing a new album next year and I am already quivering with pre-excitement.

I'm torn on this. Marrow was by far their worst record, stretching too much into the pretentious neo-folk realm but then the Faust EP they released last year was absolutely fantastic. Going to be interesting to see which direction they go.

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:52 pm 

Bishop_Drugsalot wrote:
DREAD SOVEREIGN - UNTITLED FULL-LENGTH

nuff said

THIS

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:00 pm 

Gloominous Doom is probably working on something, but not sure if it will be an EP or LP. They've been playing new songs lately. Since one of them is called "Rocktober" it wouldn't surprise me if they try and release whatever they are working on around October.

In Flames is working on a new album. The last one had some pleasant surprises and I'm eager to see what they have in store for 2014. They've been building up hype for it. We may be in for seeing a big change, it could be for the worse or for the better, but there is already an early sign of that. This album is being recorded in Berlin, first time that I can see that In Flames recorded an album outside of Sweden.

Mournful Congregation might be working on something. One can hope, right?

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:15 pm 

On the topic of Dread Sovereign, did that EP ever find it's way into the world for listening for everyone, either legally or illegally?

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 pm 

I'm definitely anticipating the next Accept album, which I think they're currently recording or at least in the early phases of it. Stalingrad was every bit as good of a follow-up to their comeback, perhaps slightly better with the more leaner, compact delivery. What a turnaround for them this has been and their live show is fun as all hell. A 20-plus song set last time I got to see them and the energy never let up from beginning to end.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:45 pm 

Paradox has a new one coming in late 2014. I enjoyed their last 3 albums a lot, so I'm totally looking forward to this.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:12 pm 

^ Charly's hinted that the next one will be a sequel to Heresy, or at least some kind of continuation to that album thematically. Nevertheless, they've quietly been one of the best among the old thrash guard since returning at the turn of the century, and I'd expect the new album to maintain that level of consistency. With Christian Muenzer onboard, who knows what they might come up with.

Speaking of older German bands, I've always been fond of Holy Moses and barring it getting snuck in over the next month and a half, I'll welcome their new album eagerly. Agony of Death was hit-and-miss with a lot of people for various reasons, and I get that, but the core songwriting was still good enough for me and I don't foresee them being nearly as experimental the next time around.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:42 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:
On the topic of Dread Sovereign, did that EP ever find it's way into the world for listening for everyone, either legally or illegally?

I'm not sure how universal this question was, but I listen to the 12" almost on weekly basis. :)

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:49 am 

You were able to go see them at... Roadburn? Lucky bastard. I'm really quite shocked no one has leaked it to the internet.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:12 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:
You were able to go see them at... Roadburn? Lucky bastard. I'm really quite shocked no one has leaked it to the internet.

I did buy mine from Roadburn, but I read from Nemtheanga's facebook page that they did a second pressing of it, cd and vinyl. So I suggest you check a few stores, they might have it.

e: confirmed from discogs:
http://www.discogs.com/Dread-Sovereign- ... se/4882718
Ván did the 2nd pressing.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next