Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
omikiron666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:58 pm 

2013 will be over soon, now it is time to think about all the new releases that await us in 2014. What are some of you most anticipated releases? I am hoping to learn about releases I didn't know about. I didn't see a topic for this so I am making one. If there is already one, Please lock and redirect me.

Here are some of my anticipated releases thus far

Hour of Penance
Behemoth - The Satanist
Belphegor
Triptykon
Septic Flesh
Entombed

Of course, I REALLY want a new Thorns album that has been happening for more than 10 years. Not holding my breath there as it will probably never happen.

Any Releases the board looks forward to?

Last edited by omikiron666 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:00 pm 

I am most definitely anticipating Belphegor and Behemoth. Unfortunately, Belphegor has given us absolutely no updates on their new album since June, which is straight bullshit.
It looks very good, though, it may just turn out to be as good as Lucifer Incestus, but maybe I'm expecting too much (probably).

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

omikiron666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:04 pm 

It was originally going to be out this year but then it got delayed. I also know that Helmuth (SP?) had to have a emergency procedure a little over a year ago. I think Eric Rutan is producting the new Belpehgor? What I heard in the studio online sounded good.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:07 pm 

Yeah, Helmuth apparently had to have an open chest operation I think. Amazing that that Austrian bastard in his mid 40s can go through that and still do what he does, very dedicated and tough dude for sure.
I think Behemoth and Belphegor will end up being the two albums put up against each other to see which black/death metal band did better. Also, I didn't know that HoP was releasing a new one in 2014.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

mooDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm 

I have no idea if these will come out in 2014 but I'd like to see:

Crone's demo or EP (a project from Mandy of Murkrat)
Murkrat (I was expecting it for this year, but seems Mandy has been busy with Crone)
Virgin Black (hopefully!)
Lord Vicar
Agalloch
November's Doom
Draconian
Skepticism
Tool (long overdue if you ask me)

adace
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:16 pm 

Opeth
Tool (?)
Devin Townsend
Mastodon
Wintersun
Alcest
Iced Earth
Epica
Testament
Overkill

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:46 pm 

Most definitely the new Triptykon as it has been confirmed recently. Apart from that Agalloch, Godflesh, Testament and new Iced Earth as of now.

Edit: Skepticism working on a new album??? Gone unnoticed. Definitely putting it right after Triptykon in terms of importance.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Last edited by doomster999 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
omikiron666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 pm 

Forgot about Opeth, I am anticipating it as long as it is not like Heritage. I also forgot there might be a new Bloodbath if they would hurry up and announce the new vocalist.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:03 pm 

mooDoom wrote:
Skepticism

New Skepticism would be incredible, their first 2 albums are some of my favorites of all time.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Foralltime
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:03 pm 

Besides Behemoth's new album I'm also waiting for the new Dimmu Borgir album that is supposed to come out in 2014, there would be also Gorgoroth.
Didn't know that there was a 1349 album coming, so now I'm also waiting for it.
I'm still waiting for a new Limbonic Art album since Deamon is doing solo now and Phantasmagoria was quite good for my taste, but there isn't anything said about a new album coming anytime soon from Limbonic art, unfortunately.
Mayhem is also supposed to release a new album in 2014. I'm not really waiting for it, but I'm quite curious how it will be.
As for the mentioned Dimmu Borgir album... I don't really have high hopes for it, but still I'm impatiently waiting for it, cause MABEY it will be good.
A new Immortal would also be nice, but I guess it won't happen.
We could also speculate that in 2014 Taake will release a new album, since Hoest has released a new album every 3 years.

Exigence

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:08 pm 

Sabaton!!!!!

And I'm assuming Judas Priest and King Diamond will have their shit together.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:12 pm 

My most anticipated releases have already been mentioned; Mayhem and Triptykon. I am really curious to hear how the Mayhem sound has developed since Ordo Ad Chao which I think was (and IS!!) a brilliant album. The new Tool album should be really good too, I've loved them for around eight years now.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

Rmind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:21 pm 

Gorgoroth is going so slowly with this new album... I heard first informations about this recording more than a year ago... I hope they'll continue the style they made on 'Quantos...', it was imo a lot more catchy than albums before.

And Behemoth... 'Blow Your Trumpets, Gabriel', the only song we know so far sounds really epic. :)

Anyway did You notice, that there's something like a 'rather-calm-music' trend now in metal music? Satyricon, Behemoth, Gorgoroth...

Tengan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:27 pm 

Vader and Marduk. Both of them made splendid efforts last time around. Should be interesting to see if they can top it.

mooDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:30 pm 

doomster999 wrote:
Edit: Skepticism working on a new album??? Gone unnoticed. Definitely putting it right after Triptykon in terms of importance.

From their homepage: [30.05.2013] Skepticism is composing music for the new album. Preliminary release target is by the end of 2014. Probably some live concerts will be played during 2013/2014.

Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:35 pm 

Hopefully Misery Index'll get something out next year, they posted something on Facebook that implied they would. Rigor Mortis' new album is supposed to be released, too, been anticipating that one for a while. Oh, and Dying Fetus will be working on a new one, according to John when I saw them live, dunno if it'll make it out by the end of the year, but this trio lineup has been on a roll so I'm really looking forward to anything they put out.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:37 pm 

Autumn (Netherlands) are currently getting their latest album ready. That's the only thing I'd really say I want to hear badly. The last album was nice but very flawed, preventing it from being superb. Facebook shows that the band's been in studio and I'm dying to hear something that's near the level of Altitude.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:38 pm 

They did recently make an announcement about Rigor Mortis' Slaves To The Grave so I'm quite excited for that.

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:00 pm 

I'm kinda surprised to be the first mentioning Insomnium here... new album will drop in the first quarter already. Ne Obliviscaris are finishing up writing their sophomore effort as we speak. Turbid North are currently recording their third, and Chaos Divine and Be'lakor should come out with new stuff as well.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:27 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Autumn (Netherlands) are currently getting their latest album ready. That's the only thing I'd really say I want to hear badly. The last album was nice but very flawed, preventing it from being superb. Facebook shows that the band's been in studio and I'm dying to hear something that's near the level of Altitude.

I thought it was good. Not as memorable, which hurt, but still very strong overall.

New Edguy next summer, should be good. Rigor Mortis and the aforementioned Autumn as well. Hoping for a new Maiden on their 4-year schedule, too.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:40 pm 

new Behemoth is certainly on my list of things to look out for, but I will be very interested to see if Abyssal surprise us again and drop a new album on the first day of 2014 to keep with their trend. I remember their album came out this year with virtually no talk/announcements in the lead up. I certainly hope so at least!

GardensofGrief
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:20 pm 

New Septic Flesh and Triptykon albums.

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:43 pm 

Probably being a bit presumptious, but looking forward to Darkspace IV - been a few murmurings of it coming along. Other than that, just Wolves of Avalon as did enjoy their debut album.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:26 pm 

I read somewhere in a Pig Dstroyer interview that they want to put the next album out ASAP.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:54 pm 

Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Anaal Nathrakh(probably), Paradise Lost, Gamma Ray

To name a few

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:01 pm 

Esoteric are pretty reliable on the 3 year cycle, although Greg has been busy with mediocre crap in this gap

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:03 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:
Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Anaal Nathrakh(probably), Paradise Lost, Gamma Ray

To name a few

SA is coming out with a new one after just two years?

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:38 pm 

Onmyo-Za and Galneryus are my two most anticipated albums for 2014.

UNCHAIN_THE_WOLVES
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:31 pm 

Probably still be waiting on all the stuff that didn't get released in 2013... 3 Drowning The Light releases, New Destroyer 666, Satanic Warmaster, Eastern Front albums & The Zarathustra EP...

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
SA is coming out with a new one after just two years?

Yep, Henrik even has a blog he's been posting on the bands website with album updates. Apparently there's already some similarities to their older stuff. Quite excited.

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 pm 

Agalloch
Death Worship debut

And hopefully:
Dead Congregation

Cianan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:10 am 

Skyfire? Maybe? I hope so! A new one from Gallowbraid would be welcomed with open arms too. Some other ones, Ceremonial Castings could put out new material and not just rehash their old stuff and maybe Vehemence could actually put a record out since they got my hopes up with their reforming. I'd also enjoy another one from In the Silence but they released one last year so I doubt that happens.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 am 

Tool would be sweet, even if their last album was their weakest by a fair margin.

I'm also much, MUCH less excited about the LG Petrov-fronted Entombed than I am about potential Clandestine-lineup Entombed possibly putting out material.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Reid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:41 am 

I'm both interested in and very curious to hear the new Behemoth album, especially with the new influences (Killing Joke et al.) that Nergal's said have crept into the songwriting. Although I wasn't the hugest fan of Eparistera Daimones (it's very good, but not the masterwork some make it out to be; I honestly think Monotheist is superior), I'm very much looking forward to hearing the new Triptykon album. I'm hoping for more diversity along the lines of Monotheist moreso than ED, or even better yet, completely left-field experimentation.

Also, I'm actually very excited for the new Anthrax. There, I said it. I personally thought Worship Music was great, and I'm hoping the follow-up has similar quality songwriting. I hope Caggiano's departure doesn't change the sound too much, or the production, which was fantastic on Worship Music.

Last edited by Reid on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:44 am 

Mithras

Cloud0129
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:46 am 

Still waiting on some new Disgorge. :(

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:53 am 

Judas Priest. I guess it's coming. Hope they make a basic metal album this time (NOT in the vein of Manowar The Lord of Steel though). I know they got one or two good albums in them.

Metallica. They said somewhere it's going to be in the vein of Black Album this time, which suits me fine. And even if it's not good, it's always interesting see how they have fucked up this time.

Maybe there's something coming from Maiden. And that new Triptykon looks interesting.

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:17 am 

Corpsessed
Lvcifyre

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:49 am 

Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, presumably Rage, Overkill(?), and Rocka Rollas.

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:32 am 

New Mitochondrion is due out next year! I'm seriously excited about that. I'm also very much looking forward to the new Triptykon, though I've been quite paranoid that it will be a let down for absolutely no logical reason. I also can't wait for the new Corpsessed to come out. The samples that were linked in the thread about their new album a while back sounded absolutely crushing.

What else, I'm expecting there to be a new Esoteric some time next year, and I'm also thinking Deathspell Omega may release something next year (pure speculation on my part though). I'm also going to hold out hope that Shaarimoth will release something next year. Current 11 has been on constant rotation for me since I saw them mentioned in the Norwegian death metal thread. I'm also hoping Abyssal sticks to tradition and releases a new album on 01/01/2014! Also, I read an interview with the guy behind Chthe'ilist a while back that had hints towards a full length coming out next year, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Most of these have been posted already, but I'll be keeping an ear out for new Behemoth, Belphegor, Mayhem and Agalloch as well.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next