Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:06 pm 

Foulchrist wrote:
Was going to mention, every rom of Mega Man X I've ever played would glitch up and become unplayable after a couple of levels. Hence setting the SNES up to play it. I'm usually content with using my SNES controller USB adapter and just playing roms.

The only game in recent memory that glitched up bad was Zelda Majora's Mask ROM. Had it glitch on me that it couldn't process any further when I got to Snowhead, which ticked me off but I found a workaround and thankfully my last save wasn't a half hour or longer ago. Then it occured again at the Gibdo well and this time when it said it couldn't process the game any further it really meant it. I was fucked. :( Killed all the hard work I had collecting up to that point, so I just gave up.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

shecriedyoucaved
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:19 pm 

Sup y'all. Pretty big gamer/collector here. Just passed the 1,200 games mark in my collection.

90% of what I play is retro in nature. I like everything from the Atari 2600 to the TurboGrafx-16 to the Neo Geo AES and everything in between. Mainstream, obscure, any genre, whatever. I'm also big into retro computer gaming - I have a Tandy Color, TI-99/4A, Commodore 64, Commodore 16, and I just ordered a VIC-20. :)

As far as upcoming games go, I am hugely pumped for the new Zelda on 3DS. A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening have always been my favorites in the series so I'm excited to see something else in that style.

I'm also looking forward to the new Ys title on the Vita. Ys has been my favorite series for a couple years running (I adore Falcom in general). It'll be interesting to play another Ys game with a party system.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:34 am 

Ugh, rebuilding my former inventory with Cheat Engine is such a pain in the ass! You have to select an item in-game and then switch to the Cheat Engine window and select one from a list to replace it with. One at a time, no quantities. I'm currently at four to six per minute. That'll take a long time. :(

Edit: Scratch that, I found the quantity option. Still...

Edit2: I'm done, but goddamn, there are still certain flags that are not listed in the cheat table, and that really bugs me. For example, simply adding the master key (I still had it after my first playthrough) to my inventory doesn't activate the flag for being able to open all those doors.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Last edited by inhumanist on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:01 pm 

At least you can play Dark Souls. I have yet to figure out why GFWL still won't open on account of my new router. :fuck:

BarryLamarBonds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:28 pm 

Is the DLC included in the Dishonored complete edition good?

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:35 pm 

Sony announced that the PS4 will cost 4000 bucks(2000 dollars) here in Brazil. 63%of this value comes purely from taxes, so it means we will be giving more than 2500 bucks to the gubmentz so we can own a PS4. Fuck this place.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:47 pm 

BarryLamarBonds wrote:
Is the DLC included in the Dishonored complete edition good?

I haven't played The Brigmore Witches yet, but I expect it to be along the same lines as The Knife of Dunwall, which was quite good and certainly worth playing.

There's also Dunwall City Trials, which is not story-based, but rather a list of challenge scenarios in various categories. Say, combat challenges where you need to survive waves of enemies, stealth challenges in which you need to accomplish some objective while remaining undetected, traversal challenges in which you need to move from place to place quickly. Some of them are actually pretty difficult, and doing well will unlock further challenges. It's up to you if that kind of thing interests you. I'd say it's worth a try, though I haven't really played that mode much admittedly.

But anyway, in short, I'd definitely get the GOTY version for the story DLC, if you're looking to buy the game.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 pm 

In retrospect I should have waited until the GOTY was out before buying Dishonored. It's not like I had nothing to play instead.

VoidOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:44 pm 

shecriedyoucaved wrote:
Sup y'all. Pretty big gamer/collector here. Just passed the 1,200 games mark in my collection.

90% of what I play is retro in nature. I like everything from the Atari 2600 to the TurboGrafx-16 to the Neo Geo AES and everything in between. Mainstream, obscure, any genre, whatever. I'm also big into retro computer gaming - I have a Tandy Color, TI-99/4A, Commodore 64, Commodore 16, and I just ordered a VIC-20. :)

As far as upcoming games go, I am hugely pumped for the new Zelda on 3DS. A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening have always been my favorites in the series so I'm excited to see something else in that style.

I'm also looking forward to the new Ys title on the Vita. Ys has been my favorite series for a couple years running (I adore Falcom in general). It'll be interesting to play another Ys game with a party system.

Sweet deal, I'm also a collector. I think something like 1500 - 2000. I haven't counted in a while. But I'm also waiting for Link Between Worlds, as Link to the Past remains my favorite Zelda, and the new Ys title was the main reason I bought a Vita.

Before it was so easily available on Steam / PSP, I imported the special edition of Oath in Felghana for the PC. Love that game.

I'd love to see pictures of your collection, if you have any.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:41 am 

No one could put it better.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:36 am 

Elder Scrolls fans: I just tried Morroblivion, which is basically a complete import/reskinning of Morrowind into the Oblivion engine. The common consensus these days seems to be that Morrowind is the best of the modern TES games on account of its plot and worldbuilding, so I figured it'd be fun to try it with a functional combat and physics engine.

However, it's decent, but not quite as engaging as I'd expect. I realized quickly that even with the Oblivion engine/graphics/etc the world still seems pretty sparse in terms of town layouts, environmental ambiance, etc. Not sure if I'll play this all the way through like I planned (and it was $40 to get the GOTY editions on Steam for the two games), but it's certainly an interesting experiment. Having played the shit out of Morrowind in my middle school days, I think it's just one of those things that was brilliant at the time but dates pretty badly.

Hell, they're even working on a Skyrim/Oblivion and Skyrim/Morrowind conversion, but those probably won't be done by the time the next Elder Scrolls game is out, at which point even the Skyrim engine will look dated.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:19 pm 

Are any of you guys aware of a game called Paranutical Activity and find the idea (an arcadey FPS that's heavily inspired by Binding of Isaac) appealing?
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:57 pm 

Anyone get the Dark Souls II beta code for this weekend yet?

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 pm 

yentass wrote:
Are any of you guys aware of a game called Paranutical Activity and find the idea (an arcadey FPS that's heavily inspired by Binding of Isaac) appealing?

Hmm, I hadn't heard about it before... Rather big fan of old-school shooters and The Binding of Isaac, so that sounds like it could be interesting, though I have to say that the Minecraft graphics are kind of a turn-off. I can tolerate crappy 2D pixel art a lot more than... "voxel art" (?) for some reason. Still, might give it a try someday. It reminds me a lot of Eldritch actually, another interesting concept marred by Minecraft influence. ;)

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:49 pm 

What on earth has caused the value of relatively common SNES games to increase so much in the past six years? I think it was late 2007 when I bought games like Super Metroid, Mega Man X, Sparkster etc. all for around £5 each (cart only), and according to current ebay listings, these games now go for £30-40. The fuck? I guess the console became really popular again or something?

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:50 pm 

Foulchrist wrote:
What on earth has caused the value of relatively common SNES games to increase so much in the past six years? I think it was late 2007 when I bought games like Super Metroid, Mega Man X, Sparkster etc. all for around £5 each (cart only), and according to current ebay listings, these games now go for £30-40. The fuck? I guess the console became really popular again or something?

Probably the big retro movement jacking up the prices for a while.

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:51 pm 

I sold my SNES games two years ago. I remember getting over $30 each for Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger, but the rest (including Megaman X), weren't worth much then.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

SolstafirAquilaria
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:28 am 

inhumanist wrote:

I've never played any of those games, so I had never really known much about sex in video games beyond that it's there. But I'm just shocked that sex in video games is effectively the pipe dreams of falsely entitled "friend zone" crying manchildren. I would have never expected such a thing!

sea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:09 am 

Last edited by sea on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:27 am 

You're just jealous because you don't get paid for ranting.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:31 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
yentass wrote:

Hmm, I hadn't heard about it before... Rather big fan of old-school shooters and The Binding of Isaac, so that sounds like it could be interesting, though I have to say that the Minecraft graphics are kind of a turn-off. I can tolerate crappy 2D pixel art a lot more than... "voxel art" (?) for some reason. Still, might give it a try someday. It reminds me a lot of Eldritch actually, another interesting concept marred by Minecraft influence. ;)

Alrighty then, check out your PM inbox.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

sea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:48 am 

Last edited by sea on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:27 pm 

Just PvPd for the first time due to being invaded. It consisted of a lot of uneventful running around with shield up and the invader ultimately leaving. If that's how PvP's gonna be when you're a lvl 104 NG+ player with a PvE build but are new to online play, maybe then I shouldn't bother. Not gonna start a new character after painstakingly restoring this one (see previous posts) just to make baby steps with shit gear.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:33 pm 

Foulchrist wrote:
Well, since my PS3 has fucked itself again I have hooked my SNES back up and plan to annihilate Mega Man X tonight. I am ashamed to admit that the only Mega Man game I ever put enough devotion into beating was Mega Man 9, which is pathetic. Fucking great games, but I never seem to give them the attention they deserve.

2 and 3 of the original series. They are awesome and not too hard if you know a few cheap exploits. Worth experiencing for the music alone. I just bought Mega Man Zero Collection. Haven't played any of those yet, but I'm looking forward to it once Pokemon and Phoenix Wright are out of the way.

Getting hyped about PW5. Gunna be gud.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:31 pm 

Dandelo wrote:

:hyper: Better be a midnight release!

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:40 pm 

ACURSED BE THOU, RISING LAVA ROOM IN FEZ! :fuck:
No no no, bad game designer, don't put the hardest part of the challenge at the end of it!

Last edited by inhumanist on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 pm 

Well yeah, fuck that room, but the whole thing is optional. I don't mind crazy challenges like that being optional.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:19 pm 

sea wrote:
It's funny because Jim Sterling is one of those crying manchildren.

What makes you say this?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

shecriedyoucaved
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:25 pm 

VoidOfEternity wrote:
Sweet deal, I'm also a collector. I think something like 1500 - 2000. I haven't counted in a while. But I'm also waiting for Link Between Worlds, as Link to the Past remains my favorite Zelda, and the new Ys title was the main reason I bought a Vita.

Before it was so easily available on Steam / PSP, I imported the special edition of Oath in Felghana for the PC. Love that game.

Haha yeah - the new Ys is THE reason I got a Vita. Kinda sucks it's been delayed so many times, but it sounds like we'll see it in December. I thought about importing Felghana for the PC, but I ended up waiting for the PSP port. I still would like to get a physical PC version of Ys Origin - unfortunately the price has risen significantly during the last few years.

Falcom is my favorite developer overall, I'll probably end up importing whatever Legend of Heroes games are released on the Vita as I doubt they'll be released here. :annoyed:

Funny you mention collection pics as I've (slowly) been photographing my games. I'll link to it once I'm done.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:29 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
Dandelo wrote:

:hyper: Better be a midnight release!

:grumble:

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:28 am 

sea wrote:
It's funny because Jim Sterling is one of those crying manchildren.
Kind of agree with this. Although Jim Sterling has a point with the video, this is my second exposure to him and the way speaks is really annoying after awhile, there's no variety in his tone and it's hard to imagine anything other than a spoilt brat turning his nose at the world. I guess I prefer rants like this to be written rather than voiced in such a incessant berating manner. Basically the attitude is unnecessary when he's mostly preaching to the choir.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:47 am 

Well it's his style. It's what makes me want to watch his videos. It's cathartic experience, and often hilarious. The whole ridiculous Jimquisition persona and visual appearance serve a purpose, you know. If you find his style annoying that's nothing but a matter of taste.

VoidOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:08 pm 

shecriedyoucaved wrote:
VoidOfEternity wrote:

Haha yeah - the new Ys is THE reason I got a Vita. Kinda sucks it's been delayed so many times, but it sounds like we'll see it in December. I thought about importing Felghana for the PC, but I ended up waiting for the PSP port. I still would like to get a physical PC version of Ys Origin - unfortunately the price has risen significantly during the last few years.

Falcom is my favorite developer overall, I'll probably end up importing whatever Legend of Heroes games are released on the Vita as I doubt they'll be released here. :annoyed:

Funny you mention collection pics as I've (slowly) been photographing my games. I'll link to it once I'm done.

Ys Origin is one I need to get a physical version of too. I have physical copies of most other games in the series on a variety of platforms. I even imported Ys Strategy for the DS from Europe, for.. some reason. But when it comes to Ys, better late than never. As long as we see it on the Vita, I'll be thrilled.

And maybe it's for the best. December is gonna be a busy gaming month for me, I think.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:28 pm 

Don't work, play this at work!
http://candybox2.net/

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:57 pm 

Just beat Silent Hill 2, got the Leave ending. From the boat ride and on the game basically just blew my face off, but pretty much the entire thing did. 100/10

Pretty pumped for SH3. Does anyone here see that one as their favorite? I always see fans speak highly of it but 2 seems to get all the love. There was a lot I liked about 1 though and just glanced over a short video of the start of 3, I can't wait to see that otherworld and similar things again. Absolutely nothing about 2 I'd want changed, but yeah. I just loved how hellish and a bit weirder the first game was, so pretty curious to see how 3 is.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:13 pm 

Silent Hill 2 is more depressing and emotional than scary to me. Thick oppressive atmosphere of regret and sadness.
3, on the other hand, has some god damn terrifying moments. Gameplay, level, and creature wise it's my favourite for sure, though the creatures in 2 come really close.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:34 pm 

Silent Hill 3 has a much more straightforward and less interesting plot, though. Also, I think they REALLY went overboard with the whole Jacob's Ladder jiggly head thing in 3, fucking everything with a head is jiggling it like it's made of Jell-O. Even the carousel horses when you're fighting your shadow self. Really.

Overall it's quite playable, though. Some scenes are pretty fucking scary, like the mirror scene (people who've played the game know what I'm talking about).

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:36 pm 

Which is why I didn't say it had my favourite plot. When it comes to that series, 2 is unbeatable for that. Though I did kind of like 4's story for some reason. 3 DOES have it's moments though. I like the whole Douglas character and the scene where Heather
Spoiler: show
pukes up the God fetus
is god damn awesome.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:51 pm 

Yeah. 4 had a great plot and probably the best villain of the whole damn series, but shit combat, recycled level design (though the circle prison is a great level), a stupid new inventory system, a fucking escort mission that lasts half the fucking game, and way, way too many invincible enemies. Apparently they had Team Silent doing double duty while working on SH4, and it shows. A lot of great ideas marred by stupid presentation.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:00 pm 

I agree with all of these things. Especially that panopticon level! Those double baby headed things are my favourite monster in that game for sure. They don't really have much competition though, that game has some STUPID monsters, and yeah, those ghosts got fucking tedious. I'm not playing Clock Tower 3, I'm playing Silent Hill!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 525, 526, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531 ... 940  Next