* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:46 am 

Grindcoremaniac135 wrote:
Can Someone give me a list of unknown/underrated goregrind bands

Dude, you gotta be specific in what you're looking for. No one wants to take the time to write some huge ridiculous list of any goregrind band you may or may not have heard of. Plus, lists in general are frowned up on, especially without links to music or a written description so that's just more time invested for someone who, based on your track record of posts, has zero interest in participating in the general discussion and appears to have zero interest in taking the time to actually look for things on your own instead of just asking for other people to provide it for you left and right.

You have the internet, use it.

Sorry to be a dick but you're getting annoying and no one is going to help someone who is perceived as such, hence the responses you received prior to mine.

Good luck.

*edit: and to not be a total and complete dick here's a rad goregrind band that is generally unknown, though they've been rec'd in this thread several times... which I'll assume you haven't read through since that might resemble work in some form or fashion and you appear to be averse to such things when it comes to finding music.

Couple Skate
http://coupleskate1.bandcamp.com/
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Grindcoremaniac135
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:53 am 

Ok, sorry

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:23 pm 

I never bothered with any of Napalm Death's demos/stuff pre-scum...any of it worthwhile?

pre-(s)cum

hurhurhur

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:49 pm 

pre-scum was punk.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:48 pm 

Pre-Scum ND isn't bad. Some of it has a post-punk vibe. The Hatred Surge demo is awesome.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:46 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
Pre-Scum ND isn't bad. Some of it has a post-punk vibe. The Hatred Surge demo is awesome.

cool, i'll hunt this down.

just to keep myself occupied at work. Are there any Satanic grind bands? And I don't mean like Fukpig or crap like that, or jokey grind bands using santic imagery. I mean if Katharsis(ger) or Tetianblood took their aesthetic/lyrics/ideology and made grind with it (could be bm influenced, jut not shitty like fukpig).

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:39 pm 

fukpig is great and is not grind. if someone actually was mistaken in thinking that then they are fucking retarded.

can't really think of anyone off hand since I don't bother reading most lyrics. I only go with what bands sound like compared to others.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:45 pm 

Aren't you fucking edgy? I trust the moderators who added the genre on their MA page.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:53 pm 

Why are you getting upset? I literally didn't even know they had a page on here. God Tony, just stop.

Oh and I just looked... it says Black Metal/Crust/Grindcore to me that just comes to saying these are things that sum up their overall sound. Elements of each. Nothing that says they are strictly grindcore like you made it out to be.

Do you honestly go out of your way to get mad about stuff that has nothing to do with you?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:59 pm 

Why do you even bother coming in this thread? From what I've seen you really don't care for grindcore and the one time you asked for a suggestion it was for a grind doom and when some people finally thought of a few examples you didn't even bother to come back to check or throw out a thank you.

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:16 pm 

^ Can you please take care of the burger patties in the back of your pants? They are raging out of control.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:25 pm 

SLK, cool it off. Why do I bother coming in this thread? I'm a freaking forum moderator, it's one of my duties like one of yours is to act like a rude asshole all the time. I visit it often anyway, I just rarely post in it and sorry if I forgot to say thanks, maybe I forgot or something, come on.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:34 pm 

It's ok, the aspergers make it a little hard for him to cope sometimes. I mean, I'm sure we would all act like assholes if everyone lived in a basement and didn't have any friends.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:51 am 

I love the assumption of my living and social situation. I act like a rude asshole cause probably cause I am a rude asshole. I don't see it as such. I'm blunt and to the point and I don't coddle feelings. That's just how I come off, I really don't see how I should change anything I say for this message board alone when I don't say anything differently anywhere else meaning as in life. And shockingly a vast amount of people are refreshed with my open and upfront persona and I don't mean just a few.

I just find your comment as rude and pointless as you found mine. But mine was never directed towards anyone and I've spoken with flesh enough on here enough he wouldn't get upset. He can comprehend my basic point no matter how I colored it. But I guess like you said it's your job to moderate though there was clearly nothing to moderate. Ain't like I jumped on that bandwagon of making fun of the guy for wanting to be spoonfed some goregrind.

Hellrisen, I've never spoken to you before and I don't really recall ever seeing you talking in here but I don't really know why you feel the need to but into an A-B conversation that clearly has nothing to do with you.

Anyway if you forgot then I guess you really didn't have any interest to begin with cause the suggestions were pretty much immediate. I guess I take when I ask for something I always check it multiple times throughout a week and even sometimes even later cause I never want to miss out on some incredible band that I might have passed up at some point.

Flesh I know you know of them but the only thing I can kinda think of was Dephosphorus. You might want to check out The Young and in the Way not grind more blackened crust than anything.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:52 am 

Kind of strange that a mod would instigate rather than diffuse the situation. You two should take this elsewhere. And Hellrisen, congrats for adding nothing; go be sycophantic elsewhere.

Lets get back to what matters, grindcore.

Young and in The Way have some moments I really like, but the production's way too clean for me. I should give them another go. Lamb, have you heard Tempest at all? If not it's one of the best and most seamless mixes of BM and hardcore.

http://consume.forgediniron.ca/album/solace

Oh! There's new Negative Standards too, haven't given it a real go yet.

http://negativestandards.bandcamp.com/a ... whitehorse

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:24 pm 

I'm more than happy to just move along from that mess. I know Tempest but really haven't given it a chance like only hearing it more in passing than directly paying attention if you get what I'm saying. Kinda reminds me of some of the more kinda skramz bands like Textbook Traitors, Welcome the Plague Year, City of Catepillar to a degree, Pg. 99, Blue Eyed Boy Mister Death. I have this 7in you linked up. I don't listen to my vinyl as much as my cds so I don't immediately remember what I have in that sometimes.

Negative Standards I haven't heard and soon as I eat lunch here I'll give them a proper listen or at least bookmark it to give it a go later.

There was another band like tempest and young in the way I can't immediately remember. something like Broken Familes or something I got the 7in awhile back but just can't remember it at this moment. I'll look tonight as well. and Yea totally give them YAITW another chance sometime later. I knew about them for a long time, sampled them and liked them then didn't get anything and then recently revisted them on their bandcamp cause I'm doing a new project with a friend and in his descriptions of what he wants to do is kinda like a mix of them and dragged into sunlight. And upon revisting them I went on and bought all their vinyl they had out.

edit: the band is called Ruined Families. I remembered I bought it with that Tempest vinyl from the same place.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:16 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Kinda reminds me of some of the more kinda skramz bands like Textbook Traitors, Welcome the Plague Year, City of Catepillar to a degree, Pg. 99, Blue Eyed Boy Mister Death.

Only know pg 99 and city of caterpillar... i'll definitely check those out as screamo/post hardcore has been something i've been developing a real taste for. Thought Tempest do such a good of making it all seamless and adding a nice dose of emotion/atmosphere.

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Negative Standards I haven't heard and soon as I eat lunch here I'll give them a proper listen or at least bookmark it to give it a go later.

Didn't think much of them the first time I heard them, and I didn't like the vocals... but they've really grown on me. Really oppressive and dismal vibe like Dystopia (vibe, not sound). First band to use Obama quotes too...that I know of.

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

edit: the band is called Ruined Families. I remembered I bought it with that Tempest vinyl from the same place.

Really dig this band, reviewed that lp. Really grew on me.

As for YAITW i'm going through their bandcamp and it's okay. I had heard their split with Withdrawal and now I'm recalling my instant dislike due to the entombed guitars. I like the imagery a lot, and the vibe, but the actual music seems pretty middle of the road- although Eternal Depression's way better than Amen...so I think I'll spend some time here ebfore I make half-assed opinions.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:00 pm 

Yea that Tempest has a very strong songwriting ability. out of all I listed I highly recommend Textbook Traitors specifically the album 'We pull the strings that make you dance' something like that. I think the song calculating to calculus is the one I like the most. hell I'll have to pull it out this evening.

I gave that Neg a listen right after lunch, kinda blended into the background I'll have to listen again this evening. what i do remember out of the 9min long song was good.

all I have is the 7in from ruined families I was unaware of a full length. I'll have to give that a look for.

yea i say spend a bit more time some stuff is better than others. I kinda like the stuff off the torchrunner split a bit more. and if you want some his hero is gone worship take a listen to torchrunner. played with them about 2 years ago in Vicksburg, MS. they seemed to think they were more special than just that.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:54 pm 

Cool, i'll check that stuff out when I get home tonight.

As for neg standards stick with their first two releases, I think the split has a weird mixing (only listened once or twice). I think I like I-V the most. cool guys too, singer has some good liner notes for one of those releases.

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:49 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Hellrisen, I've never spoken to you before and I don't really recall ever seeing you talking in here but I don't really know why you feel the need to but into an A-B conversation that clearly has nothing to do with you.

I don't think I'm wrong in calling you out for being a jackass. I don't know, it's kind of irritating seeing people ask a standard question and then you jump all over them with shit like "OMG ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?????" Just kind of further illustrates how badly your aspergers gets to you.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:41 pm 

So you all should check out Wheelchair Wheelchair Wheelchair Wheelchair. Got their album Contraception and its really good. It's on their bandcamp for NYP.

http://wheelchairwheelchairwheelchairwh ... dcamp.com/

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 pm 

Hellrisen wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

I don't think I'm wrong in calling you out for being a jackass. I don't know, it's kind of irritating seeing people ask a standard question and then you jump all over them with shit like "OMG ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?????" Just kind of further illustrates how badly your aspergers gets to you.

We are talking grind here, that whole section and point is over. Fuck off.

And incase you missed it:
FleshMonolith wrote:
And Hellrisen, congrats for adding nothing; go be sycophantic elsewhere.

Lets get back to what matters, grindcore.

Flesh, see that's my problem I started with the split since it was up first. I did like their earlier material much more. I'll have to pick up at least I-V

xThe__Wizard, this band was a bit more normal sounding than I thought it would be. I guess I pictured it being more along the lines of CombatWoundedVeteran or Vessels Cast From Cripple Hands. Not bad but some of their vocals really annoy the fuck out of me to the point that I don't want to listen to them.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 am 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
So you all should check out Wheelchair Wheelchair Wheelchair Wheelchair. Got their album Contraception and its really good. It's on their bandcamp for NYP.

http://wheelchairwheelchairwheelchairwh ... dcamp.com/

Officially the worst name I've come across. I'll peep it at work.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:17 am 

Well there is a band that psudo grind metalcore chaotic horseshit.... they are call Kissyface Faux Paux or some shit like that.... that is the worst one for me. and i bought their stupid ep

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:33 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Well there is a band that psudo grind metalcore chaotic horseshit.... they are call Kissyface Faux Paux or some shit like that.... that is the worst one for me. and i bought their stupid ep

only yourself to blame.

As for Wheelchair Jimmy. They're okay I guess. Nothing I'd bother coming back to, but could be fun live.

Torchrunner's promising...also like the name, but for some reason i always mixed them up with Oathbreaker (who have an awesome name but I remember not liking all that much). Suffering Luna also fits into this world of names and written descriptions of bands I should like, but don't.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:57 pm 

I didn't say I hated it. I like it much more than wheelchairx4. Just their bandname is worse. Or the band 'Shave your face with mace in the dark' or ' Me and Him Call it Us'

Oathbreaker's name is better than they are as a band.

same with me about Suffering Luna, I have some split they did and I don't even recall it. I don't even remember if I hated it. I guess that shows you how much of an impact they made on me.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:50 pm 

Wheelchair blah blah blah might be the worst band name ever. Nothing special about the jams either. Ugh.

All this dark hardcore stuff like torchrunner etc. can take a hike too. Listen to Mercenery (ex-Bukkake Boys) instead!
http://scavengerofdeathrecords.bandcamp ... /demo-tape
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:01 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Wheelchair blah blah blah might be the worst band name ever. Nothing special about the jams either. Ugh.

All this dark hardcore stuff like torchrunner etc. can take a hike too. Listen to Mercenery (ex-Bukkake Boys) instead!
http://scavengerofdeathrecords.bandcamp ... /demo-tape

It's the weekend, cheer up guy.

this band is great simply for the video, that is all.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:43 pm 

I actually enjoy He Who Corrupts. even with all their gimmicky releases.

and for some reason whenever I think of them I think of Tower of Rome who also remind me of Ringbearer and the band that only did two songs as a demo and was just shared around as mp3... halfling

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:03 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I actually enjoy He Who Corrupts. even with all their gimmicky releases.

and for some reason whenever I think of them I think of Tower of Rome who also remind me of Ringbearer and the band that only did two songs as a demo and was just shared around as mp3... halfling

wow you like actually like something? Wowee

no substance here. just fanning the flames of shit to get you mad.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 pm 

I guess you'll be fanning it for a long time. I have never gotten mad over what anyone has said online cause it's just words with duders that most likely I'll never meet. Their opinions of me don't really have any effect on what I'd continue doing in life. It's just all fun, if i come off harsh and negative it's usually out of being short and not really caring if I fully flesh out some explaination at that given time. Or it's because something just sucks. Ain't no thang.

Not sure if this is going to work.. Edit: didn't work forget it. it was a video of me tracking guitars to Dragunov.

grinder12345
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:09 pm 

Anyone Here that like gorenoise/frognoise?

grinder12345
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:52 am 

Does Someone have a list of underrated (groovy) goregrind bands? I would be very happy for answer, cause i couldn't find anywhere. I do like: Gut, rompeprop, cliteater, mfagcoqd, s.r.o.m, l.d.o.h and all the other famous bands in the genre.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:36 am 

Jesus fucking Christ

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:59 pm 

grinder12345 wrote:
Does Someone have a list of underrated (groovy) goregrind bands? I would be very happy for answer, cause i couldn't find anywhere. I do like: Gut, rompeprop, cliteater, mfagcoqd, s.r.o.m, l.d.o.h and all the other famous bands in the genre.

Learn to damn read, this is the top of the page of this very thread that you just posted in:

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Grindcoremaniac135 wrote:
Can Someone give me a list of unknown/underrated goregrind bands

Dude, you gotta be specific in what you're looking for. No one wants to take the time to write some huge ridiculous list of any goregrind band you may or may not have heard of. Plus, lists in general are frowned up on, especially without links to music or a written description so that's just more time invested for someone who, based on your track record of posts, has zero interest in participating in the general discussion and appears to have zero interest in taking the time to actually look for things on your own instead of just asking for other people to provide it for you left and right.

Sorry to be a dick but you're getting annoying and no one is going to help someone who is perceived as such, hence the responses you received prior to mine.

Good luck.

*edit: and to not be a total and complete dick here's a rad goregrind band that is generally unknown, though they've been rec'd in this thread several times... which I'll assume you haven't read through since that might resemble work in some form or fashion and you appear to be averse to such things when it comes to finding music.

Couple Skate
http://coupleskate1.bandcamp.com/

Let me re-emphasis:

metallicbrian666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:18 pm 

Don't know if these guys have been mentioned yet, but I just found out about them today....

Sokushinbutsu. Apparently has members of Eddie Brock and Lapse. Debut EP is free on their bandcamp and totally rips. Super heavy and crusty grind with death growls, yo

http://sokushinbutsu.bandcamp.com/

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:11 pm 

metallicbrian666 wrote:
Don't know if these guys have been mentioned yet, but I just found out about them today....

Sokushinbutsu. Apparently has members of Eddie Brock and Lapse. Debut EP is free on their bandcamp and totally rips. Super heavy and crusty grind with death growls, yo

http://sokushinbutsu.bandcamp.com/

This is awesome. had never heard eddie brock and then caught them at MDF. they were very fun, and what a cool name.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:21 pm 

metallicbrian666, you have done right to this thread. I have not heard of this and this is good. now I want this on cd.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:21 am 

Holy shit, this band fucking rips. Thanks for sharing.

Amber Gray
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:34 am 

grinder12345 wrote:
Anyone Here that like gorenoise/frognoise?

Frognoise? I'm basically a walking encyclopedia on grindcore (:p), but I've never heard this label. Sounds ridiculous.

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 102  Next