Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:15 am 

Mine have been weird since I was prescribed trazadone for insomnia. Something good really happens (like finding a lot of cash) and I always wake up right after thinking I still have/experienced whatever. It is so profoundly depressing sometimes.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:59 am 

I had similar experiences before, but without meds. One day I dreamed Tom G. Warrior died, and I was so certain it really happened, I was shocked when I didn't find any mention of it in the internet.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:24 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Mine have been weird since I was prescribed trazadone for insomnia. Something good really happens (like finding a lot of cash) and I always wake up right after thinking I still have/experienced whatever. It is so profoundly depressing sometimes.

I get that too, only it's usually about getting laid. :(
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

lurkist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:43 am 

Had my annual "tooth loss" dream the other night. It's a fairly common one I believe. In my case, it starts with a filling/fillings coming out, then the fragile and hollow tooth cracks and splinters, then crumbles away. It happened to several teeth, and the gums were getting shredded and bloody. These are always a great relief to wake from.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:56 pm 

Was sitting at a table with 2 cute blonde girls. Don't remember what the chat started about, but eventually one of them tells me she's about to go to Canada soon. I ask her what's so unique about Canada. She tells me that anything there is....the culture, the landscapes and also the sleep you get there. Then the other girl drops some popcorn out of this bucket on her laptop's keyboard. I tell her that she should be careful cause it won't be good for the laptop. She tells me I don't have to worry and then puts the bucket upside down so all of her popcorn left falls on the keyboard. :lol:

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:54 pm 

lurkist wrote:
Had my annual "tooth loss" dream the other night. It's a fairly common one I believe. In my case, it starts with a filling/fillings coming out, then the fragile and hollow tooth cracks and splinters, then crumbles away. It happened to several teeth, and the gums were getting shredded and bloody. These are always a great relief to wake from.

Ah, yes. Those sort of dreams. I hate those. The ones I get though always have to do with parasites of some sort, infesting parts of your body (belly button, mouth, etc). :oh shit: I also hate the ones where you get repeatably stabbed or something else painful happens.

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:41 pm 

I suppose it's from moving into a new place, but I've had odd "house dreams" as of late.

First one is disturbing as it's close to reality:
Me and my wife just bought a massive and classy new mansion with an oddly placed swimming pool in the basement.
In fact, the swimming pool has odd temperature controls and it can go from a swimming pool to a steaming onsen in minutes.
Strangely enough, we've also got hired housekeeping, and some of my mom's friends agreed to help us move in/unpack. During this process, a couple of them slip and fall in the pool and I have to help them out.
My wife goes back to Japan to teach classes at her university (this is the real life part, she's there right now), and I decide to go camping with some friends for one weekend.
I come back and realize I forgot to turn off the heater to the pool, and what's more, one of my mom's friends who slipped and fell in the pool is still there, and was cooked to death over the weekend. All that's left is one hand grasping the edge of the pool and a body that resembles a human-shaped poached egg.
Without calling anyone (it's a dream, so logic goes out the window), I try to decide how to get rid of this boiled corpse in our pool before the stench becomes unbearable. I phone up my wife to deliver the shocking news of a corpse in our pool to which she responds "I hate you!!" and I wake up......

Next dream I very vaguely remember, only that it started out as me excavating a haunted house in the middle of some city in a foreign country. The haunted house full of rooms of various (yet unremembered) horrors starts to transform into the subterranean labyrinth Undermountain from the Forgotten Realms D&D world.
Suddenly I reach this massive room filled with sand described by others as the "nucleus" of this Undermountain/haunted house complex. I start digging through the sand to find pieces of dead monsters, various massive ends of various snakes and bizarre looking worms, various chests full of artifacts, and bits and pieces of shredded clothing. Suddenly I reach the bottom to find a decaying mattress and a familiar sheet pattern:
It's my bed, though through some alteration of time and space has grown massive enough to fill a room and accumulated layers and layers of dust and sand, buried in the middle of this room for ages untold.

Anyhow, that's all for recently....

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Diamhea wrote:

I get that too, only it's usually about getting laid. :(

I always have those dreams about money or other fortunes to have the same depressing experience :(

When I was a virgin teen, I used to have those dreams about getting laid only to wake up before it happens, or to have something delay it from happening until I'd wake up.

After getting married, the sex dreams came back, and they were complete this time, but instead it was nightmares of infidelity, which I'd be rather relieved to wake up from.

Amber Gray
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:08 am 

I have the craziest experiences before even falling asleep, in the hypnagogic state. Hypnagogia is the state just between wakefulness and sleep, sort of like the limbo of sleep. It is accompanied by bizarre hallucinations and overall weird stuff. I'm sure many people here have experienced sleep paralysis, a product of hypnagogia. It and hypnapompa (the same, but it occurs upon waking) are always extremely vivid for me. It's a whole different animal than your basic dream though, you're aware of yourself and your surroundings, and aware of what you are experiencing. I began researching after a jarring experience several years ago. I had just slipped past wakefulness and reached the limbo. Colorful patterns began unfolding behind my eyelids, and I was hearing the most peculiar "melodies". I remember seeing an improvised koi fish melt into a puddle.

http://www.theness.com/index.php/hypnag ... sitations/

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:25 am 

colin040 wrote:
Was sitting at a table with 2 cute blonde girls.

:D
colin040 wrote:
Don't remember what the chat started about, but eventually one of them tells me she's about to go to Canada soon. I ask her what's so unique about Canada. She tells me that anything there is....the culture, the landscapes and also the sleep you get there. Then the other girl drops some popcorn out of this bucket on her laptop's keyboard. I tell her that she should be careful cause it won't be good for the laptop. She tells me I don't have to worry and then puts the bucket upside down so all of her popcorn left falls on the keyboard. :lol:

:annoyed:
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:34 am 

I'll do an internship at a school next month and I had this weird dream last night:

I was in the teacher's lounge working on my laptop when the teacher who's supervising me enters the room. For some reasons, my hair is loose (it's pretty long right now) and he sees it and gets angry, he tells me that I'll fail the internship if I continue like that. I stood up and flipped the desk!

I've actually met the teacher and he's a really cool dude, not sure why I had this dream, I guess I'm anxious.

Not much to report otherwise, my dreams are usually about Star Wars or sex and often a combination of both.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:36 am 

Have been listening to Darkwave ambient stuff, definitely dream inducing music. I have always had abstract dreams, people usually have strangely shaped bodies, I can never recognize the areas, although I do remember things like trees and structures.

Spoiler: show

Let Aghast lul you to sleep... sweet dreams.

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 am 

Last time I went to sleep with Aghast playing, I had a dream one of the ghosts from Ju-on was trying to kill me over the phone. Basically, the legend was that random people would be phoned by this ghost every night around 3 am, and if you picked up the phone and heard it's wailing, you'd either go mad or die...... It phoned me, I picked up, started to hear it's voice and hugh up, yet it's wailing continued to fill my entire house and emanate from the walls.

All that from going to sleep with "Call From the Grave" playing.......

Last night I had a dream about playing golf with Steve Harris using his bass as a club.
Bruce had also apparently shaved his head and began going on stage with some sort of new corpse-painted horror image.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:02 am 

I had a dream that I auditioned for Electric Wizard on guitar, and I played Saturnine with the band before waking up :P
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

MrMetalinasuit1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:42 pm 

My penis was a rocket (as in space) and something about the titanic movie and In My Darkest Hour by Megadeth. Yogaballs where also involved in some way.

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:04 pm 

A titanic penis with balls in your darkest hour would make sense......

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:46 pm 

I have very vivid dreams every time I fall asleep. Often very intense, sometimes nice and mellow, usually they seem to last an eternity and I spend a good portion of the day recalling various characters, places and events that occurred. If I were to write down every dream I have I'd have no time for anything else! Been this way since childhood. Sometimes this is something I look forward to at the end of the day, sometimes I binge on caffeine to avoid sleeping. It sort of feels like I live in an infinite number of realms and is often too overwhelming. I could type for fucking hours some of the more interesting dreams I've had throughout my life, or even just more recent ones that are still very much intact in my memory, but they often have elements that feel too personal to share. Plus, lazy. So here's something that is at least as recent as can be, even if not that colourful/interesting.

I woke up at about 5 AM today (after less than 2 hours sleep) having had a pretty long dream with lots of shit going on. The very last portion of the dream was pretty boring, but metal related so I was thinking about posting it in here:

I was walking home from work with a guitar attached to a belt around my waist, with headphones plugged in, coming up with riff ideas as I walked. Started playing the main riff of Deathcrush, and lo and behold, ahead of me were three members of Mayhem. Two of them were fictional, the other was Dead. I had a conversation with them about nothing in particular, then asked what the vocalist (the fictional one) was up to "these days". I accidentally addressed the question to Dead and everyone went a bit quiet. I felt really embarrassed, everyone knows what he's up to these days... I apologized and continued the conversation. It's like I was speaking to them as if they were from the past. Not much else happened before I woke up, quite boring really. Don't really care for Mayhem beyond Deathcrush, Out From the Dark and other bits and pieces so that was weird.

Woke up and was reminiscing about the entirety of the dream, all the shit that happened before the Mayhem segment and also wondering if I was going to manage to fall back asleep. Sometime later I got out of bed and started faffing around in my bedroom. Something didn't feel right. Certain items were sitting in places where I don't normally store them, and items that I've never seen in my life were laying about also. But other than that, it was just another morning of my life and I hardly even questioned it. Continued screwing about, playing a bit of guitar, got something to eat and after what seemed like quite a while I thought "No, this isn't right. What the fuck is going on? ... I bet I'm dreaming".

I looked in the mirror (something I wouldn't normally recommend you do when you're in a dream...) and it wasn't as distorted as I'd expected. However, one of my eyebrows was huge compared to the other, and there was some sort of visual rippling effect going on, making my face and body sort of mutate in a very subtle way. Still wasn't entirely convinced this wasn't real. Test number two, the best one to use if you're ever in a situation like this, was to check a clock. I picked up my phone and looked at the time. 09:32. Looked away and checked it again. 06:17. Again: 05:03. (can't remember the exact numbers, these are just examples obviously)

Actually started to do this repeatedly and the numbers just got weird. 43:0004, 1003: 652, etc. plus non numerical characters. Confirmed. I am lucid dreaming! Woo hoo! I can do anything I fucking want now, time to start using superpowers and summoning gorgeous women out of thin air!

Well, I tried these things and they didn't work. I just woke up instead. Or did I? :scratch:

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Last edited by Foulchrist on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:27 pm 

Foulchrist wrote:
I had a conversation with them about nothing in particular, then asked what the vocalist (the fictional one) was up to "these days". I accidentally addressed the question to Dead and everyone went a bit quiet. I felt really embarrassed, everyone knows what he's up to these days...

:lol:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

GestatedHostility
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:08 pm 

I had a really messed up dream the other night. I dreamt that I was going blind, so I went to the optician. When I got there, he handed me a needle and told me to carry out surgery on my own eye. I woke up just as I was about to touch my eye with the needle. It was weird.

Twisted_Fate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:48 pm 

Last night I had a dream that I was in Kazakhstan in 1972 and playing in a band called "Dos Mukasan" (I actually saw a documentary on that band before I went to sleep) and we were playing a mix of garage rock and pop out in an open field with nobody around for miles (however we had amplifiers and the full mic setup and everything) and then out of nowhere a KGB agent started walking towards us and issued a warrant for our arrests saying our music "wasn't approved" and then handcuffed us and suddenly it became extremely dark and started pouring rain. The KGB agent then made us walk along the side of the highway until we got to the gulag.

Be gone, troll!

splyu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:14 pm 

That Guy 666 wrote:
I had a dream where I was going to a swans concert and it turned out that the lead singer was giving a lecture instead of a concert, so I left.

That reminds me of the dream I had where I was going to a Rush show. It was totally in Canada and the venue was built in the late 60s or early 70s and everything was orange and had rounded edges, but was very much geometrically laid out. The show was awesome, actually more so than the real life Rush show I've been to.

It's not always the really bizarre dreams that leave an impression on you (though I've had a few of those, too, like everyone) - it can be the most simple but pleasant ones.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:15 pm 

Another ridiculous Norwegian metal musician related dream segment, from last night:

Varg Vikernes was being interviewed by some news reporter outside his home, standing beside his car. The reporter kept asking retarded questions like "So, what's it like to be a Nazi?". While the interview was taking place, there were swarms of giant hornets buzzing all over the area like a thick fog and Vikernes was basically all "Yeah, this is what it's like out here, you have to be tough to survive blah blah blah".

The shot cut to the biggest collection of empty booze bottles you've ever seen sitting on the road beside his home waiting to be picked up for recycling. Like a meter wide and laid out along the road for a mile or so. The interviewer said "I thought you never drink?" to which he replied "Well I never really drink to get drunk but I have a drink as well as a bit of slippers every now and then." Slippers was some sort of inside joke between his blog followers for cocaine. He then said "My philosophy with the booze is 'if I don't fuck with you, you don't fuck with me'" as he was staggering towards his barn, falling about and clearly all fucked up on the liquor.

I should stop checking his hilarious blog every few days.

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:25 pm 

Well, in my dream last night I got stabbed, almost turned into yellow goo because of a chemical weapon, and almost suffocated in a locked room (it was a trap). How the chemical weapon works, it's a gas that it knocks targets out, and then they fall down. The chemical also turns to liquid at ground level, causing unconscious targets to lay in acidic goop and get eaten away.

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

lurkist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:32 pm 

Foulchrist wrote:
Confirmed. I am lucid dreaming! Woo hoo! I can do anything I fucking want now, time to start using superpowers and summoning gorgeous women out of thin air!

Love that moment!

Last night I had a vaguely sexual dream about a cute colleague I haven't thought about for years. We had a really good chemistry, but when I met her I'd just started seeing someone (my now ex-wife), so it was never to be. Eventually she got pregnant to an absolute twat (an event which effectively ended our friendship) and left work.

She was pregnant in the dream (barely noticeable, but she just was), and though softcore, it was still a beautiful and atmospheric dream, strangely cathartic too.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:21 am 

I just woke up, and I had one of those recurring nightmares again where you are stuck high up in an appartment bulding and you are forced to watch this huge fucker of a twister coming your way. The peculiar thing is, where I live twisters never really happen ( except for those little mini-twisters that usually just happen out there in agricultural area's of the country. Also during this nightmare there was a lot of weird shit happening that somehow reminded me of Twin Peaks. Some person got missing, I (at least.... I 'think' i was the main character in my dream) went looking for this person, found some weird clues, tried convincing some friend that i was seeing strange patterns, then i had had some weird evil non-humanoid creatures follow me that seemed to appear/dissolve out of/into nothing. And then there was this huge twister (yes, it was manipulated o,0) sent my way, because I seemed to have unraveled parts of this big masterplan, so I had to be eliminated... And then i woke up.

I'm slowly starting to see a pattern slowly why I get these kind of dreams, and I have a strong feeling it has something to do with eating pizza right before going to bed ! haha

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:38 am 

I wish could/knew how to lucid dream. In fact, I don't remember the last time I had an actual memorable dream. That was many, many months ago

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:35 am 

I had a dream that I was hanging out with Nocturno Culto the other night. God I love my brain.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

NoKnownName
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 pm 

I had a dream last night that I was in a valley and in the valley lived this weird hippy cult who kept trying to get me to join them. There was a bridge there, and under the bridge was a guy chained to a rock being starved and beaten by Quorthon. I was standing at the top of a cliff when he saw me and starts climbing the cliff. He kept falling off but got back on every time. So then, I ran out into a field where these aliens landed. They seemed friendly, and I gave them some candy. They enjoyed it, and then went about their way.

Machine_Dead wrote:
I just woke up, and I had one of those recurring nightmares again where you are stuck high up in an appartment bulding and you are forced to watch this huge fucker of a twister coming your way. The peculiar thing is, where I live twisters never really happen ( except for those little mini-twisters that usually just happen out there in agricultural area's of the country. Also during this nightmare there was a lot of weird shit happening that somehow reminded me of Twin Peaks. Some person got missing, I (at least.... I 'think' i was the main character in my dream) went looking for this person, found some weird clues, tried convincing some friend that i was seeing strange patterns, then i had had some weird evil non-humanoid creatures follow me that seemed to appear/dissolve out of/into nothing. And then there was this huge twister (yes, it was manipulated o,0) sent my way, because I seemed to have unraveled parts of this big masterplan, so I had to be eliminated... And then i woke up.

I'm slowly starting to see a pattern slowly why I get these kind of dreams, and I have a strong feeling it has something to do with eating pizza right before going to bed ! haha

Your dream seems to resemble parts of the game Alan Wake. You're in a small town, people go missing because of a supernatural presence, you fight beings that are cloaked in darkness, and after you know how to defeat the supernatural presence, it sends a tornado after you. The game was also influenced by Twin Peaks.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:10 pm 

okay, that's just extremely fucked up, because i have never played that game before :o

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 pm 

I've had a recurring dream for the last couple of months that manifested as if it was a '70s horror/exploitation film trailer - voiceovers, score, dated fonts and all. What starts as a mild, slightly drug-fueled housewarming party turns for the worst when the residents and guests become increasingly snagged and entangled on shards of glass broken off from windows, lightbulbs, drinking glasses, what have you until the entire house becomes sentient and attempts to murder everyone with any and all means at its disposal. If I had any screenwriting and/or directing skills, I'd probably try to get this produced in some fashion just so the dreams would stop... or at least play out in a feature-length format.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

NoKnownName
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:00 am 

Machine_Dead wrote:
okay, that's just extremely fucked up, because i have never played that game before :o

There's also a few other similarities, I think. In the game, you can find various manuscripts hidden around the woods that contain stories telling how the presence has been messing with the residents, kind of like clues. Also, the main focus of the game's plot is finding the protagonist's missing wife, who was taken by the presence. The main character starts having weird dreams and occasional glimpses at the game's villain and has to convince his friend that something's up.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:18 pm 

Found David DeFeis and Edward Pursino of Virgin Steele chilling infront of a house during a sunny day. They were surprised by my visit but before they could say anything I overwhelmed them asking WHEN ARE THE UPCOMING REISSUES COMING OUT? They looked surprised and even though I sadly can't remember the details of my dream I remember them eventually (though hesitating) telling me they would be released on 15 Februari. Later that day I visited them again to make sure they weren't lying. They promised me they weren't. :lol:

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:34 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Found David DeFeis and Edward Pursino of Virgin Steele chilling infront of a house during a sunny day. They were surprised by my visit but before they could say anything I overwhelmed them asking WHEN ARE THE UPCOMING REISSUES COMING OUT? They looked surprised and even though I sadly can't remember the details of my dream I remember them eventually (though hesitating) telling me they would be released on 15 Februari. Later that day I visited them again to make sure they weren't lying. They promised me they weren't. :lol:

Wow I'm retarded. I clicked on this thread and by the time I scrolled and started reading the first sentence I forgot what this thread was about and thought your story was true. :durr:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

lurkist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:45 am 

Lmao! And Ozzy, your sig never fails to crack me up!
I've had no dreams worth sharing for ages. Best one lately -

In real life I went to visit a friend on a train and saw service vehicles on another track parallel to mine. So in the dream, I was driving a service vehicle parallel to the main tracks, but it was more like a roller coaster going through mountains and gold mines (anyone been in one of those simulators?). Every so often I would stop and explore these caverns in the tunnels. It was pretty cool.

PureNegativism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:38 pm 

When I was younger whenever people would tell me of their fantastical dreams I found it hard to believe them. Only because mine had always been so mundane. I never flew or fought off monsters. It was always just conversations with half-familiar faces in uncanny places, alternative replays of my daily routines and that kind of thing.
At some point I became exposed to the ideas of lucid dreaming and being able to somehow consciously control this altered state.
Presently I am able to fairly consistently induce some kind of sleep paralysis, which sometimes does result in a feeling of lucidity...
I question whether or not I actually experience a different kind of consciousness or if this is just another aspect of the dreams... it's all baffling to me really.
One of the latest experiences-
I was sitting indian style at the top of our second floor stairs. I was conversing with a small girl standing on the other side of the hall, at this point I didn't feel I had any influence, I was being guided through this scenario in that way you are in dreams. I couldn't really comprehend what either of us was saying. We weren't speaking in any language I recognize but I still felt I was discerning some meaning from the utterances.
Suddenly, a mangy looked dog slunk up the stairs and stood between us. I definitely understood what the girl was trying to express to me now... she didn't care much for that dog. I am unable to move as the animal hobbles over towards me. It places its fore-paws on my thighs, causing a very tangible physical sensation of weight, and put its ragged muzzle up to my face.
At this point a gradual and grotesque transformation began. It's paws turned to pointed black tentacles which slowly sunk deep into my flesh causing an extreme sensation of pain and a black ooze to start seeping from my wounds. It's body became this sickly black spider-like mass. And the face was now that of a mask of an expressionless beautiful woman.
It stared into me.
It wanted to show me something...
It raised it's bizarre body above me some, pushing it's 'legs' deeper into mine. A vaginal-like orifice opened up revealing a familiar staple of these experiences, a kind of indescribable vision, this unearthly vivid light and colour and an infinity of dendrites swirling into an endless abyss.
By now I became very aware that this was a dream yet I remained there and the pain was overwhelming.
I could speak and I asked her "What are you?"
It sensed a feeling shock from it that I had spoke of my own will, but it gave no answer.
My awareness of the situation made me curious so the next thing I said was "I love you"
Suddenly the pain became unbearable and and my body forced itself to roll over throttling me back into the same state of consciousness I type this from...
Interestingly the pain in my thighs remained for some moments while I lay there on my matress trying to comprehend what I had just witnessed.

edit- Sorry for the terrible formatting of this. I don't really know how to type.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:51 pm 

Well, aside from the awesome bombarding of nightmares I seem to suffer from, I did have this rather interesting and uncomfortable dream the other day.

It was me, my girlfriend, and one of her younger relatives who doesn't exist in real life. Ok, me and my girlfriend decided we needed to have sex, right now... but then there was the matter of her little cousin watching or hearing us. So after thinking for a bit, I told her to go to the bedroom and I'll handle it. So after she disappears into the bedroom, I grabbed a random long fold-out table and I moved it into the hallway to block access to the bedroom somewhat. I go into the bedroom, and then I realize "Fuck! I forgot my soda". So I squeeze past the table and grab my soda from the living room tv. The soda was in a rather large mug, like almost a gallon sized mug, and it looked just like a freshly poured stout or a whipped chocolate ice-cream (It was supposed to be a coke, btw... and it was the goddamned best tasting soda I have ever had). So anyway, I take my soda back to the bedroom and while I'm locking the door, my girlfriend asks me if I have a blanket because she wants to lay on her side. But her voice is different. So I'm thinking to myself "What the hell?" and I look over at the bed to find, not my girlfriend, but some random ass dude I went to school with and don't particularly care for. I immediately froze up for a second, and after collecting my in-dream thoughts, I told the dude "Oh no no no no.... No, this is not happening" He says ok, and we sit down and have a nice conversation about beer.

I always have to sleep with a tv on to prevent dreams like this, but this particular night my girlfriend turned the tv off after I had dozed off.

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:32 am 

Yesterday was the first time I remembered having a dream in several months, and I forgot what the dream was. :lol:

Arkhane: that's too funny and bizarre, and for some reason made me think of an old dream I used to have throughout the years. It never was funny when I was having the dream, but always was after. Basically, there's like a toddler version of me in a white dress, and my dad's in a suit and he's holding my hand. We're walking to a church for Sunday service or something like that, and then all of a sudden, when we walk past an apartment building, a guy that looks almost exactly like Jay from Jay and Silent Bob comes out of one of the apartments and casts an evil magical spell on my dad to grow a demonic, second head on my dad's neck. My dad then proceeds to yell. Then for some reason he chases me (to cast a spell?), and the daughter of a family friend appears out of nowhere, around the same age as I was in the dream, in a white dress that matched mine. Next thing you know, we're both being chased by Evil Jay around a big tree, and we keep running in circles until I wake up.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:02 am 

I had another weird, multi-part dream tonight...

Spoiler: show
I took two Benadryl to help me get to sleep this (er, yesterday) morning, and then woke up later and went about my day. This actually happened. For some reason, I was still tired and ended up zonking out again around 10:30 tonight (I'm normally awake during the night).

Well, this is where I started dreaming... I dreamt that I woke up later in the night after initially taking the Benadryl, and I found a bunch of my LP's tacked/staple-gunned onto the wall beside my bed with a blanket and sheer cloth tacked up into a sort of draped curtain at the foot and head of my bed and on the wall. I looked to the window and saw that I'd ripped the blankets I use as curtains to block out the otaku flesh-burning, j-card spine-fading sunlight in my room, and distinctly recall being worried about how much sunlight got in while I was sleeping. :lol:

I really believed I'd been sleepwalking, and it freaked me out. I assumed the Benadryl (which can make you delirious, but not from 2 measly tablets) made me go crazy and unconsciously wreck my room. It was upsetting and scary because I remembered nothing, and I messed up some of my good/expensive records...

Well, moving on, my grandma and cousin live here. I don't like or get along with either, and I do my best to avoid them completely. Anyway, I went downstairs to find something to eat, and for some weird reason, my whole family that lives here (Mom, stepdad, cousin, grandma) were downstairs. I can't remember many details, but me, my grandma and cousin really got into it... I mean, I can't even begin to recall details, but I seem to remember my grandma being her typically calculating, manipulative self and injuring her leg by trying to run around and argue (she's basically a cripple by choice in reality... she refuses to do physical therapy and just wants people to wait on her and feed her an endless supply of painkillers), then threatening to call the cops on me for "attacking her". After all the yelling died down, I see them all sitting at a rectangular carved wooden table. The whole downstairs is dim, and I am standing in a darkened doorway thinking "Fuck this bitch! I'm not sitting down to eat with her here!". Weirder still is my stepdad was at the table. we never eat meals together, and he would never eat with my grandma and cousin (he doesn't like them either). He even sits alone in his office during holiday events.

At this point, my sister who's a year older showed up. She said she was taking me to her place. I think it's Tuscaloosa in the dream (but she lives in a place called Cullman in reality). It's about an hour from here. Turns out, she's secretly taking me to some party, and it's nearby. On the drive, she confessed this to me slyly right before she hooked a sharp left into (through?) some kind of portal of scraggly grey trees. Suddenly, we were there at this house... It's a nice looking house. Something like a vacation "cabin" for rich people, and it's surrounded by green grass and tree and full of sunshine. I think it was a celebration for me, like my birthday or something. Things get more confusing and blurry here.

I had these rough, plastic neon green fishnets I couldn't seem to get on right... there were all these people in Grindcore band t-shirts (Napalm Death, Brutal Truth, Agathocles). I couldn't get any beer and wasn't having fun. I either knew no one, or everyone seemed unfriendly. It was almost like I was the butt of some big joke for the whole party (it was probably the fishnets. people seemed to think it was funny I was having trouble with them). I think my money disappeared, or I never had any. I ran into a guy I liked once and used to have a very strong connection with for a brief time, but haven't seen or heard from in over a year now, and his presence there just put me in a shitty mood. He was sitting outside talking with a couple of people. I seemed to think he was being a douchebag in what he was saying, and I mimicked him aloud in a stupid voice as I passed him (can't remember what was said, though)... He stood up and I think there were dirty looks exchanged, but that's all I remember. Strangely, he's been in several of my dreams, and he's always very cruel to me it them. I normally try to avoid him. This is the first time I've actually really been "confrontational" in my dreams about him.

It went from day to night, and back to day in an instant... most of my time at the party was spent outside, looking at the aftermath the "next day". I vaguely remember wanting to get to some place to buy beer, but it just wasn't happening with my inability to find my money or get a group together for a beer run.

I think at this point, I found myself in a sort of doctor's office, and I realized something: I'm dreaming! So cool!!! I've only ever had one lucid dream prior, and I woke up almost instantly after realizing it was a dream. It was hard to "conjure" anything, though... I knew I was dreaming, and I couldn't think of anything. I was kind of throwing out ideas at a mile a minute (naturally, a lot of sexual shit, because I'm a guy after all). I just tried to say in my head that "I wanna be doing this and that". Nothing seemed to be happening, though. I could only manage to command my limbs to float/levitate, but that's still cool! I think there was some presence behind me, but I don't remember anything else. I stopped dreaming lucidly after this. I think I partially woke up before sinking back to dream-sleep at this time.

The next thing I recall, I am with this girl I know. It's really hard to piece this part together, but we were in this sort of garden area of the local arts center. Funny thing is, it doesn't quite exist in the way I dreamt it, but I've dreamt of it in a similar form previously.

Well, anyway, it's around 6-7 PM. She's upset, and making me feel bad about my leaving her (I don't mean we had a one-night stand. We had a platonic friendship). I mean, I literally left her place after living there less than a week, and I stopped going to the job she'd just gotten me there in Birmingham. I haven't seen her since. (it's complicated. I felt like I was being used to advance her job position, for one thing, though) I've felt really guilty about it ever since then... we're both somewhat screwed up and probably not good for one another, though.

At some point, I walked away trying to find a way to cheer her up, and wanting to make up for what I'd done in real life... I found these two big twigs and started making a rhythmic clacking noise on the concrete garden path. I looked to her and smiled, thinking it was somehow supposed to cheer her up... some guy working in a pit beside me (it wasn't there before) got my attention and basically gave me a look that said he didn't approve of how I was using the twigs. He motioned to a stack of them beside me on the pit floor, and I tossed them down onto it.

Next thing I remember, I'm on the 2nd floor of the center. It's inside an old textile mill, and there's a long corridor of artist spaces and shops.

I could only find one tiny picture, but this is what it looks like:

It looked basically the same in my dream, only it was mostly deserted since the shops were closed. The record store was emptying out after a show or something... there was something strange happening in one of the artist spaces, and people from the show began crowding around it to look inside. I have no recollection of what was happening, but I recognize someone from a local band that has been more or less defunct for a while now. I've never said more than two words to the guy in real life, and I seem to recall feeling very insecure about talking to him in the dream. Nevertheless, I've always felt a sort of weird connection to this guy, though he often seems really pessimistic, angry and brooding (part of why I've always been too intimidated to ever speak to him).

I know there's more, but I don't remember enough details about anything else that happened before I finally woke up. It's mainly just cool that I finally had another lucid dream, even if it wasn't all that interactive... It seems a lot more interestin to me than it would to someone else reading it too, obviously.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:43 am 

I dreamt that Kerry King asked me to be Slayer's 'head roadie' and we seemed to already have been friends for some time. He then said I should invite a few friends he knew by name that don't even like metal to also come along. The weirdest thing about the dream is that I'm not even that big of a Slayer fan anymore, it's been years since the last time I've listened to an entire album from start to finish.

I then woke up thinking "I should start a label".

last.fm

lurkist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:38 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
some guy working in a pit beside me (it wasn't there before) got my attention and basically gave me a look that said he didn't approve of how I was using the twigs. He motioned to a stack of them beside me on the pit floor, and I tossed them down onto it.

Not sure why, but this gave me considerable chuckles!

Thanks everyone for continuing to share your dreams. I don't lurk the archives as much as I used to, primarily because I've finally met someone who takes up a lot of my time (in a good way). But it remains one of the few sites I do log on to occasionally, I enjoy the wide variety of convos and the diversity of characters, many of whom are eloquent and intelligent individuals (all too rare on teh intranets these days).

Cheers

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next