Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
FromMarsToSirius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:23 pm 

So, Aborted have posted the title of their upcoming effort on their Facebook page:

"You guys want spoilers? Here's a spoiler! The title of our next album is 'The Necrotic Manifesto'. Songwriting is going most excellent and expect it to be a bulldozer of death metal punishment!"

'A bulldozer of death metal punishment'? Sounds good to me!

Thoughts? What have you thought of their discography so far? Do you like the direction they're going in? If not, what direction do you think they should go in following Global Flatline?

RedMisanthrope
Poet Laureate of the Old Ones

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:53 pm 

Global Flatline was a step in the right direction and I listened to it a lot when it came out. I'll be looking forward to this.
Death metal is eternal.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:19 pm 

I saw this a couple of days ago. Very keen to hear it if it's anything like Global Flatline, one of the best of 2012 in my opinion. Bring it on!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

metallicbrian666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:35 pm 

Global Flatline owned, especially the first few tracks, hopefully it continues in that vein.

HeySharpshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:24 pm 

Band hasn't been good since Goremageddon. Pretty low expectations over all.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:34 pm 

I wish they leaned more towards a Death/grind sound, instead of the generic modern-brutal death metal they're playing right now.

TheJizzHammer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:26 pm 

Good news, Global Flatline was great so hopefully they'll either match or exceed it's quality. Origin of Disease is a fucking killer song. Bought the album on a whim and definitely don't regret it.

Cloud0129
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:12 pm 

Yeah, I'm in agreement with the rest of the people and Global Flatline. Can't wait.

Hopefully the new System Divide isn't delayed too much again because of this.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:42 pm 

I was surprised by how much I didn't hate GF, it had lots of energy and exuberance which won me over, sadly, it had fuck all worthwhile riffs, so hopefully they can add some of those this time.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:55 pm 

Amazing news indeed!
Love Aborted, Global Flatline slays more lamb ahahah

Svencho for president :hyper:

"You make it easy."

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:33 am 

"Tomorrow is the last day at the awesome Hansen studios! Final day of mixing and mastering and THE NECROTIC MANIFESTO is complete! We could not be more thrilled about what we feel is our best album to date. Get siked! We sure are"

"Aaand album is DONE!!!!"

From their Facebook.

Bands always say the new album is their best to date, but lets hope it really is. Still almost 3 months till release though.

last.fm

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:56 am 

Wait is began...

"You make it easy."

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:21 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
I was surprised by how much I didn't hate GF, it had lots of energy and exuberance which won me over, sadly, it had fuck all worthwhile riffs, so hopefully they can add some of those this time.

Agreed. I loved the style of GF compared to their other post-Goremageddon stuff, but the album just got old fast. Very few memorable moments at all. I really want to see them turn things around on this new one.

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:28 am 

I wasn't terribly impressed with Global Flatline. I don't necessarily expect Goremageddon 2.0, naturally (though I'll be damned if I can complain if that's what we get :v), but something more in the vein of the insane deathgrind they used to play would certainly be an improvement in my own opinion.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:
Also if you want to make a joke please do so but please put lol after so I can know that Fred Durst isn't really dead.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:06 am 

If it's like the last album... I'll be happy and buy it. If it's like the two albums before it I'll be very disappointed.

painfulserenity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:08 pm 

I'm just not sure about Vincent from Acacia Strain being featured on a song. Never cared for his style and definitely don't care about his "drugs are the devil and you are a dipshit for drinking alcohol!" attitude. Hopefully he stuck with the overall theme of the album and didn't take it as an opportunity to preach.

Other than that, I'm pretty excited. They say it's their best one yet so hopefully it can top Engineering the Dead, Goremageddon, and Global Flatline.

painfulserenity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:55 pm 

Aborted released the album art and track listing along with the release dates of The Necrotic Manifesto. Here's there post from facebook.

ALBUM ART - TRACKLISTING - RELEASE DATE REVEALED!

Death metal psychopaths ABORTED have just finished their eighth full-length, The Necrotic Manifesto, with Danish producer Jacob Hansen (VOLBEAT, HEAVEN SHALL BURN, MERCENARY)! The album will be released on April 28th in Europe and on April 29th in North America via Century Media Records.

Front-man Sven de Caluwé comments: "I can't believe we did it to be honest. We had a little over 3 months from start to master on this record-- everyone really gave 300% on this record, and it was an absolute pleasure to work with Jacob once again, who really pulled the best out of all our asses. I can say in all honesty that 'The Necrotic Manifesto' is without a doubt the strongest record ABORTED has done thus far and could not be more proud of everyone involved in the project. It is the most brutal, extreme and technical record of the band without losing sight of groove and catchiness, which are all vital elements of this band. We cannot wait to get out there and start playing some new material in front of people and get some feedback on what we did in these intense months. Besides this I am very thrilled to have some of my favorite vocalists on this record as guests. Both Phlegethon (WORMED) and Vincent Bennett(THE ACACIA STRAIN) brought their own brand of burp to the table and really complemented the songs they are on! The artwork has been done by Par Olofsson (PATHOLOGY, IMMOLATION, IMMORTAL)."

The Necrotic Manifesto track-listing:
1. Six Feet Of Foreplay
2. The Extirpation Agenda
3. Necrotic Manifesto
4. An Enumeration Of Cadavers
5. Your Entitlement Means Nothing
6. The Davidian Deceit
7. Coffin Upon Coffin
8. Chronicles Of Detruncation
9. Sade & Libertine Lunacy
10. Die Verzweiflung
11. Excremental Veracity
12. Purity Of Perversion
13. Of Dead Skin & Decay
14. Cenobites

In support of The Necrotic Manifesto, ABORTED will tour North America together with KATAKLYSM in March/April 2014. The band will then return to Europe in May for a handful of release shows before heading into the festival season. See below for all upcoming tour dates.

ABORTED tour dates:
Feb. 22 - BlastFest - Bergen (Norway)
Mar. 27 - Empire - Springfield, VA (United States)
Mar. 28 - Sounds Asylum - Middletown, NY (United States)
Mar. 29 - The Underground Arts - Philadelphia, PA (United States)
Mar. 30 - Montage Music Hall - Rochester, NY (United States)
Mar. 31 - Bogie's - Albany, NY (United States)
Apr. 1 - Middle-East - Cambridge, MA (United States)
Apr. 2 - Palace Theater - Stafford Springs, CT (United States)
Apr. 3 - St. Vitus - Brooklyn, NY (United States)
Apr. 4 - Club Soda - Montreal, QC (Canada) *
Apr. 5 - El Mocambo - Toronto, ON (Canada) *
Apr. 6 - The Foundry - Lakewood, OH (United States) *
Apr. 7 - High Noon Saloon - Madison, WI (United States) *
Apr. 8 - Zoo Cabaret - Winnipeg, MB (Canada) *
Apr. 9 - The Exchange - Regina, SK (Canada) *
Apr. 10 - Pawn Shop - Edmonton, AB (Canada) *
Apr. 11 - Republik - Calgary, AB (Canada) *
Apr. 12 - Columbo Lodge - Kamloops, BC (Canada) *
Apr. 13 - Rickshaw Theatre - Vancouver, BC (Canada) *
Apr. 14 - Studio Seven - Seattle, WA (United States) *
Apr. 15 - Jub Jubs - Reno, NV (United States) *
Apr. 16 - DNA Lounge - San Francisco, CA (United States) *
Apr. 17 - Ramona Mainstage - Ramona, CA (United States) *
Apr. 18 - Mirror Image - Anaheim, CA (United States) *
Apr. 19 - Joe's Grotto - Phoenix, AZ (United States) *
Apr. 20 - Tricky Falls - El Paso, TX (United States) *
Apr. 21 - Marquis Theatre - Denver, CO (United States) *
Apr. 22 - Riot Room - Kansas City, MO (United States) *
Apr. 23 - Reggie's - Chicago, IL (United States) *
Apr. 30 - Magasin 4 - Brussels (Belgium)
May 1 - Steinbruch Theater - Darmstadt (Germany) ***The Necrotic Manifesto release show w/ GORGUTS, MISERY INDEX***
May 2 - Neurotic Deathfest - Tilburg (The Netherlands)
July 18 - Boarstream Festival - Mulfingen (Germany)
July 19 - Grindtastic Open Air - Mittelsinn (Germany)
July 21 - Metal Days - Tolmin (Slovenia)
Aug. 1 - Xtreme Fest - Albi (France)
Aug. 8 - Party San Open Air - Schlotheim (Germany)
Aug. 10 - Bloodstock - Walton on Trent (United Kingdom)
Aug. 14 - Summer Breeze - Dinkelsbuhl (Germany)
Aug. 23 - Kaltenbach Festival - Spital am Semmering (Austria)

*=with KATAKLYSM

ABORTED online:
http://www.goremageddon.be/
https://www.facebook.com/Abortedofficial

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:22 pm 

even though I liked the previous album cover more (gotta love that retro-horror album art), this one looks more fitting for an Aborted album :)

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:38 pm 

I thought the artwork for Global Flatline was excellent. Some of their best ever and very refreshing to see in a well-known band with a contemporary style like Aborted as opposed to only those that are obviously much more retro-oriented in their own respective genres. That being said, with the bit of controversy Justin and Slasher Design went through shortly thereafter, he's been laying fairly low since and I can understand why they'd go back to Par. His style tends to wane on some folks nowadays, can't argue that, but to me he just plain fits the band's imagery and is much more preferable than some other options they could have went with.

I like the callback to their first album with the "Purity of Perversion" songtitle, too. Feeling really good about this album and very glad we won't have to wait too much longer to hear it.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:47 pm 

Cool artwork, looking forward to this!

And also looking forward to see them live on this coming saturday in Bergen :D

FJ Receptor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm 

Aborted never really disappoints. I'm hoping for something similar to Archaic Abattoir, as that's my fave from them. I know a lot fans prefer them to be more goregrind than death metal, but I don't.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:25 pm 

Global Flatline had the right sound. Now it just needs more technicality and catchy riffs and shit. Ah well, my gut says this album is going to be very good anyway.

last.fm

painfulserenity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:48 pm 

The grammar nazi in me has realized that I have made a terrible mistake :nazi: I used the wrong their.

Anyway, I would like to see them melt Goremageddon, Engineering the Dead, and Global Flatline together. That would be the perfect combo.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:22 pm 

I dig the artwork. I agree the previous was better but this is a good follow up to it.

~Guest 294409
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:17 am 

I'm not really familiar with Aborted, but I did listen to Global Flatline a few times and I thought it was decent. If this album stays in the vein of that I'll more than likely enjoy it. Also that artwork is pretty badass.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:54 am 

Amazing cover art, the doctor is back with an implant ahahahah

More Aborted, more gore... more death!

"You make it easy."

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:22 am 

"Well, cat's out of the bag! Decibel Magazine posted it already, so enjoy everyone!

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured ... manifesto/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFIDFsfa3F4"

New song!

last.fm

lifelessworlds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:52 pm 

Awwww yiss. That was great.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:27 pm 

I can't say I'm really that excited for this. I love Aborted but they've very gradually been introducing more elements into their music that don't appeal to me. I lost count of the bass drops in the new song, and I'm really starting to dislike Sven's vocals. The song is fast as fuck and the drumming is intense, riffs were alright. Album art is SHITE.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:30 am 

I like the new song. It feels like Global Flatline 2.0, and that's not a bad thing at all. I also like that they did a guitar solo. Hopefully though, this is a more mediocre song from the album and not one of the best, because it feels a bit flat.

last.fm

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:50 am 

Fuck yes this song kills! Although I must say I like the cover for Coronary Reconstruction and Global Flatline much better than this.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:51 am 

Right, I like the song structure and Sven vocals. I'm a bit (repeat, a bit) disappointed about the guitar sound that I find in a more 'light' way than mammoth sounding on Global Flatline.

Hope are the mp3 quality sound that doesn't give justice to the song, and especially hope I'm wrong ahahahah

In any case, Aborted dominate!

"You make it easy."

painfulserenity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:09 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:
I can't say I'm really that excited for this. I love Aborted but they've very gradually been introducing more elements into their music that don't appeal to me. I lost count of the bass drops in the new song, and I'm really starting to dislike Sven's vocals. The song is fast as fuck and the drumming is intense, riffs were alright. Album art is SHITE.

Don't know if we are listening to the same song or not, but I haven't heard a single bass drop.

I thought it was great. It really goes back to their older stuff but incorporates what they made in Global Flatline. If the rest of the album sounds like this, I'm sold.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:35 pm 

painfulserenity wrote:
Poisonfume wrote:

Don't know if we are listening to the same song or not, but I haven't heard a single bass drop.

I thought it was great. It really goes back to their older stuff but incorporates what they made in Global Flatline. If the rest of the album sounds like this, I'm sold.

Listen again. 0:36, 1:16, 2:25.

Having listened to it a couple more times it's grown on me though. Pretty badass track.

painfulserenity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:47 pm 

Yeah, I still can't hear it. Does the audio sound distant to anyone else? As if it wasn't rendered correctly or something?

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:13 am 

painfulserenity wrote:
Yeah, I still can't hear it. Does the audio sound distant to anyone else? As if it wasn't rendered correctly or something?

Don't know what to tell ya, man. Try using headphones. If you are using headphones, buy better ones! :P

painfulserenity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:16 am 

Poisonfume wrote:
painfulserenity wrote:

Don't know what to tell ya, man. Try using headphones. If you are using headphones, buy better ones! :P

Found the issue. My audio jack is fucked. Only certain signals are going through. Headphones are fine, the computer isn't. Fuck me running.

I can kind of make out where the bass drops are though.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:01 am 

"TODAY IS PRE ORDER DAY! As we have to wait a couple more hours for things to be online, here is some information on the limited edition of the new album!

European gore mongers Aborted have just released details on the limited edition of their upcoming album 'The Necrotic Manifesto'. The limited edition is a box set including a
limited run of the album featuring 3 exclusive bonus tracks:

- Saprophytes (a new Aborted track only to be released on this version)
- Concubine (Converge cover done Aborted style)
- Funeral Inception (Suffocation Cover)

Next to the extra songs, the band offers a never done before item. An adventure card game created by the band themselves for the fans. This card game will plunge the listener into the absurd and gory world of ABORTED. If you like your horror to be old school and have a twisted sense of humor, this is for you! The card game comes with a die and 110 exclusive cards to play.

Svencho details: “The card game starts off with my humble self finding the “Necrotic Manifesto” at a truck stop while taking a dump on tour, reading out passages and unleashing hell on earth. Through the card game players will take on the role of either a band member or a crew member and will have to defeat the legions of hell alongside their maniacal leader: the doctor! All presented with a good dose of dark humor, horror and tons of internal jokes… players will not only be treated to a one of a kind game but in turn, get to know the members of the band a bit better and on a more personal level.”

Cover artwork for this limited edition has been created by the infamous Par Olofsson, who was also responsible for the regular album art of the album.

Image"

Haha, Iron Maiden comic book can suck it! Aborted card game, fuck yeah!

last.fm

GestatedHostility
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:54 pm 

Album trailer with sample of another track:

I'm really excited for this, I'm definitely liking what I'm hearing!

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:39 am 

A new Aborted album would mean the definitive nail on my coffin and this trailer it's the proof.

Welcome me, worms!

"You make it easy."

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next