Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:26 am 

What? I only ever got one Sanctuary chest key. Sounds like a glitch to me. But I haven't played the game in a while so maybe there was an update or something?
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:23 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Beat Borderlands 2! Now is the purpose of True Vault Hunter Mode to take your leveled character through the game again with difficulty to match, or to start from scratch with a new one?

Also, around the time I hit level 33 I noticed I suddenly had 10 loot keys for the Sanctuary chest and had received about 30 badass tokens out of nowhere. Was there some reason for this that I missed?

The former. It's their way of saying "New Game +'".
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:22 pm 

It's a bit more than a standard New Game+, because there's a fair amount of new content. A number of enemy types only show up in TVHM, and the raid bosses are designed to be taken on only once you're max level and have a party.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:20 pm 

Yeah, I find the extra mile they went with their NG+ content really awesome.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:45 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Also, around the time I hit level 33 I noticed I suddenly had 10 loot keys for the Sanctuary chest and had received about 30 badass tokens out of nowhere. Was there some reason for this that I missed?

Oh, you too? I received that stuff randomly at some point too, I have no idea why. Morri was in the same game and didn't get anything. It's weird. I didn't even use most of the keys/tokens 'cause I didn't want to get overpowered. <_<

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:41 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
Smoking_Gnu wrote:

Oh, you too? I received that stuff randomly at some point too, I have no idea why. Morri was in the same game and didn't get anything. It's weird. I didn't even use most of the keys/tokens 'cause I didn't want to get overpowered. <_<

Haha, that's really weird. I actually blew through seven of the keys right away and am now decked out in shiny purple/pink gear. :D The general nature of Borderlands 2 makes me have no qualms about near-cheating the system with overpowered shit. True Vault Hunter mode has been given me a run for the money even while using it anyway.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
the raid bosses are designed to be taken on only once you're max level and have a party.

My brother successfully soloed Terramorphous on regular mode, but partied up for True Vault Hunter mode. He hasn't tried him on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:42 pm 

I finished Silent Hill 2 a while back, and it's still the only SH game I've genuinely played (only barely started the first years back). Since I've been kind of fiending for more, I'm definitely going to be purchasing the original as well as chapter 3. Would you guys say The Room and Downpour are worth picking up too, or better left alone?

In Dark Souls-related matters (a.k.a. the proper use of this thread), I'm going to be treating myself to a birthday hurrah this year with the purchase of a PS3, explicitly toward the aim of experiencing Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. :D Most of the stuff out in videogameland these days I couldn't care less about, but DS is on my must-play list.

Still got copies of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and Front Mission 3 waiting in the wings, as well. Dammit, I need to play more goddamn video games.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:09 am 

I can solo the shit out of all the raid bosses in TVHM in BL2 :P

UVHM's a ways down my list of things to play, but I'm pretty confident that level 61 raid bosses can be easily solo'd as a Gunzerker in any case.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:15 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
I finished Silent Hill 2 a while back, and it's still the only SH game I've genuinely played (only barely started the first years back). Since I've been kind of fiending for more, I'm definitely going to be purchasing the original as well as chapter 3. Would you guys say The Room and Downpour are worth picking up too, or better left alone?

Downpour is worth checking out, but be aware it is not often that you'll feel scared while playing this game and the parts that can be scary are entirely optional. The Room isn't worth anyone's time. Some great ideas went into this (especially the apartment itself) but they never quite come together. It is also never scary. At all. The first 3 are classics, though the second is very likely the best one.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Ina_Dingir_Xul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:24 am 

Hey guys, I'm pretty much completely new to gaming here, so I thought I'd ask for a few tips from the veterans on starting out.

First off, I've decided to start from the first-person shooter games, since I've had some experience on L4D 1/2 with friends. My eyes are on Battlefield 3, but I do know Battlefield 4 is due to be out in about 5 weeks time. Should I wait for the newer BF4 or should I buy the tried-and-tested BF3 where the patches have more or less fixed most bugs?

Second. my computer does not have a lot of hard disk space...think around 120GB max. That is plenty to accommodate one game but when the number swells, well. Would it be wise to download a game into an external disk drive and play from there? I've read differing opinions on the subject and perhaps someone would have tried this before.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:45 am 

Can you use Steam in Singapore? Steam would work well for you because you can buy games and permanently have the rights to them but they don't have to be actively on your hard drive. In other words, you can just download one game at a time and delete it when you're done. If you decide to go back and play it again, you can just re-download it and you'll still have all of your save game data there.

Ina_Dingir_Xul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 am 

I believe I can, and this tactic could apply to Origin (for Battlefield) as well as a few friends of mine had mentioned this. Wouldn't downloading the game take a lot of time, though? I imagine these games can run up to several gigabytes in size.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 am 

Hmm, yeah, I didn't think about that. I have fiber optic internet that's pretty fast but if you have slower cable or DSL or, especially, data caps, that could be problematic. In that case you might be better off buying hard copies.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:15 am 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
HellBlazer wrote:

Haha, that's really weird. I actually blew through seven of the keys right away and am now decked out in shiny purple/pink gear. :D The general nature of Borderlands 2 makes me have no qualms about near-cheating the system with overpowered shit. True Vault Hunter mode has been given me a run for the money even while using it anyway.

And you shouldn't have any, since your "overpowered" state would be as shortlived as with regular weapons (arguably, the benefit of the rare weapons is more in their bonus stats than in sheer power, it just seems that they're more powerful just because the PRNG dealt you shitty/low level weapons thus far).

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:11 am 

The last boss of Dragon's Crown is pretty damn tough to solo on Infernal. Tried 3 times without success. :( Asshole heals at some point and I run out of attack potion buffs so I can't damage him fast enough to outpace his healing and get stalled. Then at some point in the fight my armour pieces (well, earrings and bracelets, 'cause, you know, I'm an Amazon with a bikini chain mail :P) starts breaking and I get two-shotted. Grrr.

Sure, I could coop him or get AI, but I'm stubborn and want to solo him. I'm gonna get you! :fuck:

Under_Starmere wrote:
In Dark Souls-related matters (a.k.a. the proper use of this thread),

:D
Quote:
I'm going to be treating myself to a birthday hurrah this year with the purchase of a PS3, explicitly toward the aim of experiencing Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. :D Most of the stuff out in videogameland these days I couldn't care less about, but DS is on my must-play list.

Awesome. Get Demon's Souls too, since it's a PS3 exclusive and it's great. I'd actually recommend playing that one first.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:18 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Can you use Steam in Singapore? Steam would work well for you because you can buy games and permanently have the rights to them but they don't have to be actively on your hard drive. In other words, you can just download one game at a time and delete it when you're done. If you decide to go back and play it again, you can just re-download it and you'll still have all of your save game data there.

The same is true for dvd based games. For pretty much all forms of game installers, really. Only with Steam you don't have to keep any dvds or additional hard drives around.

Ina_Dingir_Xul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:43 am 

inhumanist wrote:
iamntbatman wrote:

The same is true for dvd based games. For pretty much all forms of game installers, really. Only with Steam you don't have to keep any dvds or additional hard drives around.

Could I, then, install games like Battlefield and Left 4 Dead into an external hard drive and simply connect said hard drive to my computer whenever I feel like playing? That would save me the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling games each time I feel like switching over. As stated in my first post, I've read mixed opinions on doing so and perhaps someone has had experience with this.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:45 am 

Yes, I see no reason why that shouldn't be possible. You just can't play them on a different computer since there is additional installation data stored on your Windows partition without which modern games won't start. Copyright reasons. Also your save data is normally stored seperately from the program files as well.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:37 am 

Morrigan wrote:
The last boss of Dragon's Crown is pretty damn tough to solo on Infernal. Tried 3 times without success. :( Asshole heals at some point and I run out of attack potion buffs so I can't damage him fast enough to outpace his healing and get stalled. Then at some point in the fight my armour pieces (well, earrings and bracelets, 'cause, you know, I'm an Amazon with a bikini chain mail :P) starts breaking and I get two-shotted. Grrr.

Sure, I could coop him or get AI, but I'm stubborn and want to solo him. I'm gonna get you! :fuck:

Quote:
I'm going to be treating myself to a birthday hurrah this year with the purchase of a PS3, explicitly toward the aim of experiencing Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. :D Most of the stuff out in videogameland these days I couldn't care less about, but DS is on my must-play list.

Awesome. Get Demon's Souls too, since it's a PS3 exclusive and it's great. I'd actually recommend playing that one first.

Yeah that Dragon isn't easy... I used AI and barely beat it in the under 4 minutes for the trophy :) I assume you're level 99? Have you fought the Demon boss in the chaos labyrinth or whatever it's called yet? that was an awesome fight. I did it with 1 other player when we were both 99 and it was still hard as hell.

Demon's Souls is sooo much harder than Dark Souls IMO... at least going for 100% completion/platinum trophy wise... I didn't use second chance until NGx4 either that probably would have helped for the other 3 playthrus!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:08 pm 

I don't give two shits about trophies, but no, I was level 89 when I tried to take on the boss. At some point he had a honest-to-god sliver of health left, I think one single Deadly Revolution combo or even one single power smash would have killed him... I wasn't at full health, maybe 300 HP or so, but my armour was broken by then and that big explosion attack two-shotted me right then. Many "nuuuuuuuuuuu" and expletives ensued. :(

So I grinded a bit, I think I'm level 94 now, but I didn't get any good anti-draconic gear during those runs that would help me. Because of course, I stack anti-[boss type] gear in each bag (demonic, humanoid, natural, undead, and dragon, with the rest of the bags being mixed up, like for the Labyrinth of Chaos). But I haven't had any good S anti-dragon loot in a while.

Should I wait 'til I'm 99? Considering I'm going solo, maybe it's best... but it's funny, I can take down the Red Dragon solo while being under levelled without problem. I beat him at level 85 without losing a single life (used a few potions but not that many) and without running in the corridor. I honestly think he's easier solo, at least with the Amazon. When I coop with random players there's so much shit in the screen that I lose track of my character and get hit by its attacks or the falling rocks way more often.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:25 pm 

Well beating those 2 bosses solo would probably be a better trophy since that's a lot more challenging :) I like to go for trophies in games that I really love playing a lot. You can probably take the infernal dragon now, but that Demon King is brootal... both of us had to use a few continues. I think the buff that gives you +5 LP or whatever is a good choice for that fight, but if your gear breaks you're in trouble. Actually I might have been around 95 when I killed the demon king as well... it's been awhile. I say give it a shot and see how it goes :) I still hop on Dragon's Crown if I see any of my friends playing it but they are so slow, still in normal or hard difficulty and only around level 30. I'd like to get my Elf to 99 eventually and hope there's some cool DLC for that game.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:10 pm 

I compiled this list for someone else but I thought I would share it here. Here are in my eyes, the top 15 epic VG/PC game tracks ever. I'm sure not everyone will agree, but still, enjoy the killer music. 1-10 are more or less set in stone, the last 5 are marginally interchangeable.

Spoiler: show

(Starts ~ 1:15)

(1:40 is teh sex0r)

Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:29 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
I compiled this list for someone else but I thought I would share it here. Here are in my eyes, the top 15 epic VG/PC game tracks ever. I'm sure not everyone will agree, but still, enjoy the killer music. 1-10 are more or less set in stone, the last 5 are marginally interchangeable.

Out of all you posted, these two RULE. I've never played them, let alone have heard of them. The others weren't exactly great. I've heard better Megaman ones and better FF ones, although the other Mystic Quest and C&D songs were good.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 pm 

Pretty cool list, though I do miss the inclusion of FF6 and Earthbound. Some old PC games had some really great soundtracks too, like Tyrian.

Pretty cool list, though I do miss the inclusion of FF6 and Earthbound. Some old PC games had some really great soundtracks too, especially shooters, like Tyrian (Alexander Brandon also composed the music for UT and Deus Ex).

Also, no game track sends chills up my spine like this one:

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:31 pm 

You are all false for not mentioning Donkey Kong Country.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:43 pm 

inhumanist wrote:

I knew someone would bring this up. I just don't think it is that great. I'm not putting stickerbrush symphony on my list when it didn't impact me much when I played it as a kid.

When I saw Ozzyapu's name as a response I prepared myself for a lambasting, but thank God the list has it where it counts. #2 is the track that got me into metal, over 19 years ago. #1 I experienced at the arcade in like 1994 and it has never, ever left my mind as the greatest VG track of all time.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 pm 

inhumanist wrote:

Oh, I actually forgot DKC. Yeah, great soundtrack on that one, and the sequel too.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:10 pm 

No Castlevania? You guys should step up your game.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:37 pm 

No Super Metroid either, for shame. But we could talk about the same old great SNES soundtracks forever.

The only Resident Evil game I've ever beaten was 4, but I used to play Resident Evil 2 a lot when it came out. My favourite thing about that game is still the soundtrack. Listening to a bunch of tracks on youtube right now and it still brings the dread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k1yIvlTl0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKs0Vk5v3LQ

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:40 am 

Diamhea wrote:
When I saw Ozzyapu's name as a response I prepared myself for a lambasting, but thank God the list has it where it counts. #2 is the track that got me into metal, over 19 years ago. #1 I experienced at the arcade in like 1994 and it has never, ever left my mind as the greatest VG track of all time.

Aw, I'm not that vicious. Those top 2 are golden, though, so introducing me to that was great.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:52 am 

A lot of old RTS games had great soundtracks too, though they'd maybe count as a separate category from the 16-bit soundtracks due to a much broader range of instruments and sounds available.

Who could forget this gem, for example:

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:46 am 

I think I'm past the honeymoon phase with GTAV. Tough call between this game or TLOU for game of the generation but it's definitely one of the greatest games I've played. Great 30 hour long campaign with almost no filler and generally messing around and exploring in the open world takes up a lot of my time. One of the funniest games I've played as well due to the satire and dialogue (though tbh, there aren't many games out there that try to be funny). The game is not without flaws though.
  • Lack of repeatable missions that give you an excuse to use your weapons. Golf and Tennis are actually fairly good, but I'd trade them for repeatable missions that involved killing people if I could. There's Trevor's rampages but that's about it. However, it looks like Grand Theft Auto Online will have this completely covered, but it's still a problem for those folks who don't like playing online.
  • Combat in general has some jank to it. Still better than most open world games though; Saints Row: The Third and Just Cause 2 had floaty movement that lacked any momentum and the enemies in those games were bullet sponges. Cover system is sufficient and the enemies aren't bullet sponges at all. Police AI is actually pretty good, as they flank and move in a procedural manner. I had myself holed up in a parking garage once and a SWAT team made a helicopter insertion on the roof of the building across the street where they had a clear shot at me. One of the coolest things I've seen in non-linear gaming.
  • Bad implementation of stealth. It's only good for missions and I can see it being very useful in GTAO for PVP but it's useless in free roam.
  • Radio stations are decent but it lacks tracks that have a hook to them. Hardcore punk station and Flying Lotus's station are probably the best ones. I wish they had an extreme metal station like GTAIV:EFLC. I missed cruising around on my motorcycle while Bathory - "Call from the Grave" played in the background.

All that aside, it's definitely the best open world game since San Andreas. Also, Trevor might be the best GTA protagonist ever. The protagonists in general made me realize how shitty of a character Niko was.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:48 am 

Since we are on to VG music and mentioned Megaman, I have to concede that I find the X-X3 soundtracks superior to any of the 8 bit ones. That SNES distortion guitar sound made me into a metalhead before I was even 10. We all know the great tracks, but there is this dude that makes his own new tracks using the SNES instruments and a similar style/key. Sounds straight out of the games. It is done for some mod project that I don't honestly care for, but the music ROCKS. Examples:

Last.fm

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:22 am 

Adriankat wrote:
I think I'm past the honeymoon phase with GTAV. Tough call between this game or TLOU for game of the generation but it's definitely one of the greatest games I've played.

I haven't played GTA5 and probably never will since the stench of GTAIV and its horrendous add-on packs have still not dissipated (these were, quite possibly, the worst sandbox games I've ever played and the fact that they received nearly across-the-board perfect scores was the final nail in the coffin of my interest in game reviews), but I just abso-fucking-lutely detest this need so many people have to list a "game of the generation." It's just idiotic and even more arbitrary than similar such lists. Ugh.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:06 am 

The problem with pro reviews and open-world games like GTA is that there's a huge incentive to get your review out as quickly as possible to maximize pageviews, but most open-world games require a huge amount of time to actually play thoroughly enough to be able to write a good review.

Also, most open world games in my experience tend to "wow" you right off the bat with how big the world seems, how much you seem to be able to do, all the cars and guns and whatever there are to collect, and only much later do you start to see the cracks in the setting. You'll start to see how much of the world is just empty, or how cheap the combat can be, or how the shitty AI or physics or whatever make for poor-quality unscripted encounters. That's why there's such frothing-at-the-mouth when the games first come out, which tends to gradually erode away until a more reasonable consensus is reached.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:32 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Adriankat wrote:
I think I'm past the honeymoon phase with GTAV. Tough call between this game or TLOU for game of the generation but it's definitely one of the greatest games I've played.

I haven't played GTA5 and probably never will since the stench of GTAIV and its horrendous add-on packs have still not dissipated (these were, quite possibly, the worst sandbox games I've ever played and the fact that they received nearly across-the-board perfect scores was the final nail in the coffin of my interest in game reviews), but I just abso-fucking-lutely detest this need so many people have to list a "game of the generation." It's just idiotic and even more arbitrary than similar such lists. Ugh.

How is it at all arbitrary? It's really not any different from someone saying something like "Okami/RE4/MGS3/Chaos Theory is my favorite game from the PS2/GC/Xbox era (sixth generation)" and so on. Everyone can pick out a favorite game from each generation. It just so happens that GTAV could be my favorite game from the PS3/360 era.

failsafeman wrote:
The problem with pro reviews and open-world games like GTA is that there's a huge incentive to get your review out as quickly as possible to maximize pageviews, but most open-world games require a huge amount of time to actually play thoroughly enough to be able to write a good review.

Also, most open world games in my experience tend to "wow" you right off the bat with how big the world seems, how much you seem to be able to do, all the cars and guns and whatever there are to collect, and only much later do you start to see the cracks in the setting. You'll start to see how much of the world is just empty, or how cheap the combat can be, or how the shitty AI or physics or whatever make for poor-quality unscripted encounters. That's why there's such frothing-at-the-mouth when the games first come out, which tends to gradually erode away until a more reasonable consensus is reached.

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean, which is why I felt the need to mention that I think I'm past the honeymoon phase. It usually doesn't take long for me to get past that phase with open world games. It only took me a few hours to see the apparent flaws in open world games such as Saints Row and Just Cause where it starts to feel empty. I'm at about 52 hours of playtime with GTAV and I can still appreciate all the detail in the game. I rarely spend more than 50 hours playing a single player game; the ones that I do end up playing a lot are ultra-detailed grand strategy games like Europa Universalis 3 and Crusader Kings 2. The fact that GTAV can take up as much of my time as a Paradox Interactive game says a lot about the game's quality to me.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:38 am 

Or sometimes the reason a reviewer's impression of the game was so positive was because s/he literally had a sales rep standing directly behind her/him, telling her/him exactly how to get the most out of the game at any given time as Morrigan relayed in an interesting post much earlier in this thread. I don't believe GTA V was handled in the same manner, however. I'd be curious to know if any other games were/are, actually.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:21 am 

failsafeman wrote:

I bet publishers/developers also make damn sure that the first impression is always a good one - and the first few hours of gameplay are the least broken.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:33 am 

Of course, they always fine-tune playtest the earlier bits the most, because by the time people are past the first 5-10 hours of the game, they're hooked. That's why so many games these days are the most balanced in the earlier parts, and get ridiculously easy later on. Even the much-vaunted XCOM: Enemy Unknown gets kinda easy toward the end, if you manage to get through the earlier parts with a fair number of veterans intact.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523 ... 940  Next