Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:03 pm 

Quote:
Ahoy shipmates! Alestorm will be returning to North American shores in November 2013, for our FIRST EVER HEADLINING TOUR! This is gonna be our first ever chance to play a full-length set in the USA & Canada, plus we'll be hitting a lot of cities we've never managed to get to before (Canada, I'm looking at you here). But the fun doesn't end there...we'll have our BRAND NEW DVD "Live at the End of the World" for sale, and we might even be playing a NEVER BEFORE HEARD SONG from our upcoming 4th album (we're working on it, give us time). Support comes from the crazy Norwegians of Trollfest, plus the gnarly party dudes of Gypsyhawk. Here's the full details:

ALESTORM
with support from TROLLFEST and GYPSYHAWK
NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2013

11/11 - Santa Ana, CA @ Yost Theater
11/12 - Tempe, AZ @ Rocky Point Cantina
11/13 - Las Vegas, NV @ LVCS
11/14 - San Francisco, CA @ Thee Parkside
11/15 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
11/16 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
11/17 - Vancouver, BC @ Funky Weatherbeans
11/18 - Calgary, AL @ The Republik
11/19 - Regina, SK @ The Exchange
11/20 - Winnipeg, MB @ The Zoo
11/22 - Chicago, IL @ Reggie's Rock Club
11/23 - Westland, MI @ Token Lounge
11/24 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
11/25 - Columbus, OH @ The Shrunken Head
11/26 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Smiling Moose
11/27 - London, ON @ Music Hall
11/28 - Toronto, ON @ Mod Club
11/29 - Ottawa, ON @ Mavericks
11/30 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
12/01 - Quebec City, QC @ Le Cercle
12/02 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall
12/03 - Teaneck, NJ @ Mexicali Live
12/04 - Baltimore, MD @ Soundstage
12/05 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
12/08 - San Jose, CR @ Finca La Lucha

Tickets available NOW from http://www.enterthevault.com

Alestorm with Trollfest and Gypsyhawk.

I saw Trollfest on Paganfest back in April and they were one of the highlights for me so I'm ecstatic to see them again. It'll be cool seeing Alestorm as well, they're a fun band.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:17 pm 

No philly, reading, or allentown show! What a shocker!!!

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:19 pm 

conquer__all wrote:
No philly, reading, or allentown show! What a shocker!!!

Drive out to Pittsburgh! I'll be going.

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 pm 

Not a big fan of the supporting bands, but Alestorm is always an awesome time, so not gonna miss this show! Gonna catch them in Baltimore. It's the day before my brother's birthday, so..guess what he's getting for his birthday :P

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:24 pm 

What, you don't like Trollfest?! Have you heard them before? There aren't many bands that I would describe as more 'fun' than them.

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:49 pm 

I listened to them a bit and I saw them at Paganfest in the spring. I will say they're more tolerable, perhaps even enjoyable (i think I did start a drunken jig at the back of the room during one of their songs) live. I think it's the blaring saxophone and the spastic nature of their music that gets me. Not a big fan of brass in general. And all their songs seemed to have this frenetic craziness, like a drunken "Flight of the Bumblebee," which got tiresome. I like fast and wild music, but I guess I like it with a bit more melody.

Also, you know what they say about first impressions. I probably decided in the first ten seconds that I don't like them, and it will probably take a lot to change that :P

But, feel free to try. If you feel I got the wrong impression of Trollfest, feel free to recommend some songs to change my mind :P

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:06 pm 

I guess I can try!

Karve - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iok9GNC6UeI
More of a mid-fast paced one. I really like this one because it's uses the phrygian dominant scale (a very popular middle-eastern scale) which makes it sound very middle eastern, especially with the non-traditional metal instruments (in fact, most of that album sounds pretty middle eastern).

Illsint - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmqQaYBhtUA
This one is pretty much balls to the wall upbeat all-over-the-place folk metal. Really fast, awesome main melody.

Brumblebassen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0pxumlvskE
The title track off their newest album, this song is more rounded than the previous two. It's mid-fast paced as well.

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:34 pm 

I'll try to remember to get back to these when my internet can handle streaming audio/video. It's crawling at a snail's pace today >.< It's literally worse than dial-up. And I do mean literally.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:01 pm 

Who's gone to this show? I'm going in two days, and it'll really have a hard time following Finntroll only 3 days later!

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:19 am 

Awesome tour!

Started with Gypsyhawk. Not a fan of these guys at all, really. I'm not big into traditional metal. I stood at the back while nodding along to their songs. Good performance, honest musicians. Not much else to say.

TrollfesT was up next, a band I've seen before. I was really pumped for them this time, seeing as how I've listened to 2 of their songs 60+ times and 2 other 30+ (all 4 of which were played live). They did their quirky, funny, casual performance that they did last time. Walking around, walking in circles, air humping, the whole shebang. The playing was tight, I couldn't spot a single mistake. The sound was good too, which is surprising since atop the usual drums/bass/2 guitars/vocals, they also have to add in a saxophone and accordion/sitar. They played mostly the same set as last time (kept all the songs I liked) and a few new ones (in lieu of the ones I wasn't as big a fan of). Even their older, outdated studio releases sounded good live. My only complaints would be that I couldn't get against the stage and that some dickweed shot a jet of beer across the pit right into my and a couple others' backs. Though that's not really TrollfesT's fault. Although, they didn't sell their recent compilatiuon "A Decade of Drekkadence" in CD (only vinyl which helps me none) which sucks since it can NOT be found anywhere online. Oh well. Great show!

Alestorm was next. Right away I was disappointed because I thought they would dress up as pirates, which they didn't. Just some mascara and the kilt the frontman was wearing. Right away they jumped into one of their faster songs, and one of the better. Again, the playing was tight all around along with the mixing. I was standing near one of the rear-facing speakers for the guitarists though so every time I leaned forward over the stage, I would hear a LOT more guitars. Also, with only one guitarist (and 2 keyboardists), some of the solos lacked a proper backing rhythm. Still, everything sounded great. They put on a good performance too, though I do think they were quite a bit too much into their beer, bordering on alcoholism. But it didn't affect their music as far as I could tell!

Awesome show all around, glad I made it out even though it was a Tuesday. I managed to nab 2 picks this time: a second TrollfesT pick (had one from last show) and the first Alestorm pick thrown (out of like a dozen).

The setlists are as follows:
Gypsyhawk - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gypsyhawk ... 4e698.html
TrollfesT - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/trollfest ... 4e69f.html
Alestorm - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alestorm/ ... 4e69e.html

Reply to topic