Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:55 am 

Evoken wrote:
Suppsedly Seth Putnam from Anal Cunt got into an argument with Chris Barnes at a Six Feet Under show back in the 90s. Chris talked a lot of shit to him and Seth wanted to fight him. But instead Chris had his roadies attack Seth while he ran into his tour bus to hide. :lol:

Anal Cunt then wrote a song about the incident:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlhSTflZ5os

Note that Barnes says that's a load of bull. Considering they're both full of shit I refuse to believe either side of the story.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:57 am 

I believe Putnam more than I believe Barnes just because of Barnes' established reputation for being a little bitch.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:05 am 

My friend Jason grew up in Connecticut and knew Putnam well enough to hang out with him after shows. Now, Jason was also something of a troll (who got beat up a lot) and liked taking people to Anal Cunt shows who knew nothing about the music, saying that AC was indie rock or nu metal or something. So he brings two of his friends over, who were wearing Pantera shirts, and this happens:

Jason: "Hey, Seth!"
Seth: "Hey, who's that dick wearing a Pantera shirt? You're a fucking wigger!"
*fighting starts.*
Jason: (While laughing, because he found the exchange funny than anything else.) Guys, guys, chill out, I just want everyone to get along here. [Friend] is cool."
Seth: "Yeah, well he's still a fucking wigger."
*More fighting.*

Jason also confirmed that Seth had a habit of getting into fights when he was completely and utterly outmatched, which had to be funny...

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:14 am 

That'sa pretty funny Anal Cunt story, especially as Seth and Phil Anselmo have guested on one another's records.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:53 am 

Back Stabbath wrote:
A mate of mine told me about some doco where they're interviewing a band about a gig.

Apparently the guitarist (or someone) kept getting jossled about by punters bum-rushing the stage, so he got on the mike and announced that he would beat the shit out of the next person who bumped him. Some arsehole in the crowd apparently then found some mentally disabled guy and shoved him up against the band member, who then proceeded to kick the shit out of the poor guy. In the interview I was told he was discussing this in a somewhat deadpan voice (which was described to me with a thick European accent): "So yeah, I was kicking the shit out of a retard."

Does this ring any bells to anyone as to who the band was?

Pretty sure that was Grutle Kjellson. Or someone from Enslaved. I remember hearing about it in my "Metal Retardation" DVD.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:07 am 

Yep, the part about Putnam always getting into fights where he was outmatched and outnumbered sounds about right. I mean, he basically fancied himself as an IRL troll and apparently liked getting his ass whooped and viewed it as a sign of victory, but he got beaten up so much that he had to have had some extra brain damage just from that alone. He'd do shit like go up to some random dude at a party and tell him that his girlfriend was an "ugly fucking cunt", get punched, and then call the dude a faggot and goad him until he did something crazy like smashing him through a wall or throwing him to the ground and kicking him in the head.

Last edited by Frank Booth on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
elf48687789
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
CF_Mono wrote:
I always recall but fail to find the video of Mortuus judo-flipping some guy on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuqboGYK9dA

Funny, watch the security guard trying to get up on stage, then realise he is useless.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:16 am 

Unfortunately this didn't actually become a fight, but King Fowley told me that he once tried to fight all of Manowar. He yelled, 'You want to fight the world, then start with King Fowley!'. Apparently they hid in their bus and wouldn't come out and face him. That would have been hilarious. Still a good story.

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:37 pm 

The vocalist of the Japanese crossover band GISM was a fairly violent motherfucker.
At shows he would regularly douse the front row with a fire extinguisher and pick fights with people in the audience.

He was arrested in the Tokyo subway for lighting some businessman on fire with a lighter and hairspray bottle, just for "staring at him".

He also made a whole bunch of death threats over the internet to one of my friends for doing an article on drug abuse and suicide in the Japanese punk scene.
Apparently there are certain "unspoken rules" about what you can and can't say about the punk scene over there :wanker:

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:29 pm 

Seth Putnam got into a physical altercation with a table and chair outside of a local venue called The Silo Nightclub many years ago when there was a metal fest going on. I think this was 2008. The table lost, and Seth Putnam was throwing a fit because his band got there three hours late and couldn't play.

As funny as it was, it's disappointing since that was the only time I ever had a chance to see Anal Cunt, and Seth Putnam blew it by being a cockdickdongwangpeniswillywienershlong.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Necromaniac99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:50 pm 

Not Exactly physical , but in the old forum bmuk there was a huge load of strange -faggotic-assholes .

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:49 am 

How about the Myung tackle? Well known mute John Myung randomly tackled James Labrie during a show. He was apparently bet by someone to do it.

Spoiler: show

Necromaniac99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:42 pm 

Necromaniac99 wrote:
Not Exactly physical , but in the old forum bmuk there was a huge load of strange -faggotic-assholes .

no fucking one of that fucking forum in here ?

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:48 pm 

I remember that forum being pretty horrendous, but what's the relevance? :???:

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Necromaniac99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:38 pm 

Foulchrist wrote:
I remember that forum being pretty horrendous, but what's the relevance? :???:

Why "horrendous'' ? ask to them . http://blackmetal.co.uk/component/kunen ... 0&start=20

very pathetic and 'forcedly funny' indeed . and i´m dissapointed too.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:47 pm 

Do you plan on making sense any time soon?

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

Necromaniac99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:42 am 

Foulchrist wrote:

did you saw any sense on that link ? ou ´re you kidding ?

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:45 am 

Necromaniac99 wrote:
Foulchrist wrote:

did you saw any sense on that link ? ou ´re you kidding ?

How the fuck is it relevant to the topic being discussed?

Necromaniac99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 am 

lol - why horrendous ?

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:05 am 

Marag wrote:
That Danzig "fight" is comedy gold, dude got knocked out like a bitch

Honestly it could've happened to anyone, from the video it seemed like it was just shit-talking, Danzig kinda shoves the guy, then rather than shove back as most people would probably do, the dude swings a big haymaker that luckily connects right with Danzig's temple. Danzig didn't have his dukes up or anything, I don't think he was expecting a fistfight at all. The punch wasn't exactly undeserved, but I do think it was a bit of a cheap shot and definitely unnecessary.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 am 

Necromaniac99 wrote:
lol - why horrendous ?

As in "I like my black metal to have more black and less metal!" being a common sentiment there. I still don't see why it's relevant to this thread, though.

hots_towel wrote:

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:06 pm 

I've checked that forum once or twice in the past, and there've been some weird fuckers on there that's for sure!!
I think there was some black guy on there claiming to be the leader of some NSBM cult or something.

I dunno, I took a break from black metal forums after the anus.com troll crowd started getting incredibly annoying. Varg Vikernes himself hates them.

Metal Invader
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:28 pm 

Atropus wrote:
I've checked that forum once or twice in the past, and there've been some weird fuckers on there that's for sure!!
I think there was some black guy on there claiming to be the leader of some NSBM cult or something.

I dunno, I took a break from black metal forums after the anus.com troll crowd started getting incredibly annoying. Varg Vikernes himself hates them.

black guy ? cult ? :lol: and about Vikernes this is true ?

Foulchrist wrote:
Necromaniac99 wrote:
lol - why horrendous ?

As in "I like my black metal to have more black and less metal!" being a common sentiment there. I still don't see why it's relevant to this thread, though.

Wtf???????

and what about stalking other persons and being a total Cunt ?

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:54 pm 

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:07 am 

Metal Invader wrote:
Wtf???????

and what about stalking other persons and being a total Cunt ?

:confused:

hots_towel wrote:

Metal Invader
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:14 am 

[quote="Frank Booth"]
Spoiler: show

looks we have a altercation here.

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:35 am 

Geoff Tate vs. Various Queensrÿche members

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:07 pm 

Necroghast wrote:
Back Stabbath wrote:
A mate of mine told me about some doco where they're interviewing a band about a gig.

Apparently the guitarist (or someone) kept getting jossled about by punters bum-rushing the stage, so he got on the mike and announced that he would beat the shit out of the next person who bumped him. Some arsehole in the crowd apparently then found some mentally disabled guy and shoved him up against the band member, who then proceeded to kick the shit out of the poor guy. In the interview I was told he was discussing this in a somewhat deadpan voice (which was described to me with a thick European accent): "So yeah, I was kicking the shit out of a retard."

Does this ring any bells to anyone as to who the band was?

Pretty sure that was Grutle Kjellson. Or someone from Enslaved. I remember hearing about it in my "Metal Retardation" DVD.

Definitely Enslaved; I'm positive I've read a band interview which described the exact same episode, although the poor fucker was described as a cripple rather than a mentally challenged person.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

mayonesa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:58 pm 

Atropus wrote:
I took a break from black metal forums after the anus.com troll crowd started getting incredibly annoying. Varg Vikernes himself hates them.

And when was this? Obsessive, I say.

mayonesa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:03 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
Marag wrote:
That Danzig "fight" is comedy gold, dude got knocked out like a bitch

Honestly it could've happened to anyone, from the video it seemed like it was just shit-talking, Danzig kinda shoves the guy, then rather than shove back as most people would probably do, the dude swings a big haymaker that luckily connects right with Danzig's temple. Danzig didn't have his dukes up or anything, I don't think he was expecting a fistfight at all. The punch wasn't exactly undeserved, but I do think it was a bit of a cheap shot and definitely unnecessary.

I agree. Those guys went in there with the intent of provoking Danzig and sucker-punching him and "just happened" to have video rolling.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2