Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
xsongsofselfx
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:37 am
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:40 am 
 

Comparing Merauder to Madball makes me think you've really never listened to Master Killer. It's seriously almost a full blown metal record. The only thing holding it back is the way they look and act on stage. I'd never try to get Madball on here. I wouldn't even suggest Cro-Mags to be on here, which I imagine is because of Best Wishes or Alpha Omega, because their first record, Age of Quarrel, couldn't be called crossover one bit.

As for Oceano, I'm offended that they're getting called any kind of "core." That band is dogshit.

Top
 Profile  
TexanCycoThrasher
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 am 
 

Hello, some time ago I posted in here about the Cleric name from the US being Blacklisted due to a band not being "metal" enough for the sight (whether or not it is the Cleric of Dallas or not I do not know...) But there is a Cleric from Dallas, Texas featuring members of Kill the Client, Baring Teeth, Tyrannosorceress ect, that is about to drop an album soon, you can listen to it here http://clericdeath.bandcamp.com/album/gratum-inferno. But is this band metal enough for the Cleric name to be taken off of the blacklist?

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1419
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:37 am 
 

TexanCycoThrasher wrote:
Hello, some time ago I posted in here about the Cleric name from the US being Blacklisted due to a band not being "metal" enough for the sight (whether or not it is the Cleric of Dallas or not I do not know...) But there is a Cleric from Dallas, Texas featuring members of Kill the Client, Baring Teeth, Tyrannosorceress ect, that is about to drop an album soon, you can listen to it here http://clericdeath.bandcamp.com/album/gratum-inferno. But is this band metal enough for the Cleric name to be taken off of the blacklist?


It's not on the blacklist, but it might be added if people keep on trying to add them before the official release date (September 26th, 2013).

Top
 Profile  
TexanCycoThrasher
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:57 am 
 

Helvede wrote:
It's not on the blacklist, but it might be added if people keep on trying to add them before the official release date (September 26th, 2013).


Alright, thank you, I was checking for certain.

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5240
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:24 am 
 

I've been here a couple years and know just how much the mods love the "if band X is here then why isn't band Y?"-argument, but I'm curious about Moonn D))) having been deleted while Like Drone Razors Through Flesh Sphere and Black Boned Angel are here. Was the deletion of Moonn D))) a moderator consensus or one of Witcher's famous lone-wolf-isms? Or are the other two bands considered for deletion, too? Just seems weird, because all three bands play basically the same "slow, droning guitar strumming with occasional ambient and noise garnishments"-style. (All three are pretty borderline IMO.)

-edit- (Can't find samples on YouTube, but all bands can be found on Soulseek (that's where I got them from) if anyone is interested in checking them out.)
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:51 am 
 

LDRTFS are borderline, but their earlier releases are sufficiently doomy enough for them to warrant inclusion. I've enough of their discography to know. :p

When was MoonnD))) eleted exactly?
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5240
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 am 
 

I don't know exactly because nothing about it was posted anywhere. I already noticed them gone before v2 came around, though, but at the time I didn't give it much thought because I had never heard them.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Fulgurius
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:51 am
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:01 am 
 

From what I remember, one of LDRTFS demos was undoubtedly (stoner?) doom, while other early stuff was borderline drone/doom, and that should be enough even if most of their later discography is not metal.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:23 am 
 

It would appear that Moonn D))) was removed in July 2008 because it had no physical releases. It's not on the blacklist, so it could be submitted under the digital release rule if anyone thinks it's metal enough.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
morgenthys
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:29 am 
 

Quote:
Sorry morgenthys, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Metastaseis Asylvm (Chile), for the following reason:

Both links are dead.

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.

Sincerely,
- Azmodes, Encyclopaedia Metallum


But the two links are working. Maybe I miss something?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:32 am 
 

Hm, maybe it's a problem on my end. It says access has been denied for security reasons for both links.

Do these links work for any other users?
http://metastaseis-asylum.com
http://metastaseis-asylum.com/?page_id=45
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
morgenthys
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:35 am 
 

Maybe the site got hacked or something. I hope thid not means that the band goes to the blacklist. That's is one of the reasons I didn't send bands to MA.

Top
 Profile  
Coffee to Last Night
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:45 am
Posts: 5
Location: Indonesia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:36 am 
 

Hi, I am of the band Coffee to Last Night, here I send a photo album EP:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 613&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 999&type=1

Please help,
Thank you for your help

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 2234
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:31 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Hm, maybe it's a problem on my end. It says access has been denied for security reasons for both links.

Do these links work for any other users?
http://metastaseis-asylum.com
http://metastaseis-asylum.com/?page_id=45


They're denied for me to for what it's worth.
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Crick wrote:
Raw eggs tastier than semen? What horrid ooze-troll have you been blowing?

Top
 Profile  
morgenthys
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 pm 
 

Ok. Can send them later when the problem is fixed?

Top
 Profile  
Gelordum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:01 am
Posts: 26
Location: Ukraine
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:02 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Hm, maybe it's a problem on my end. It says access has been denied for security reasons for both links.

Do these links work for any other users?
http://metastaseis-asylum.com
http://metastaseis-asylum.com/?page_id=45

Site was hacked, as I can see. Maybe hacker put there some scripts and because of bad hosting it is overloaded now and almost unreachable. I've tried to make snapshots of these pages and only got textual and embedded content, but not pages' styles and pictures. Anyway, information is available:
1st link's snapshot
2nd link's snapshot
They are also loading slowly, so if someone needs, I can make screenshots.
_________________
Last.fm user? Try this application.

Top
 Profile  
morgenthys
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:35 pm 
 

Quote:
Site was hacked, as I can see. Maybe hacker put there some scripts and because of bad hosting it is overloaded now and almost unreachable. I've tried to make snapshots of these pages and only got textual and embedded content, but not pages' styles and pictures. Anyway, information is available:
1st link's snapshot
2nd link's snapshot
They are also loading slowly, so if someone need, I can make screenshots.


Thanks.

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5240
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm 
 

Fulgurius wrote:
From what I remember, one of LDRTFS demos was undoubtedly (stoner?) doom, while other early stuff was borderline drone/doom, and that should be enough even if most of their later discography is not metal.

Yeah, I worded my post wrong, I have their demo compilation and I didn't mean I was suggesting their deletion, I agree with their inclusion. What I was trying to say was that their metalness hovered around the same flesh sphere (tee-hee) as Moonn's. Same with Black Boned Angel, their early stuff was random guitar noise but their latest releases have clear doom riffs. Anyway, I'll up the Moonn D))) demo (their more metal release) on mediafire and put it in the submission notes of a submission later and you can decide, cheers. :)
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
TheOutcast
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 18
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:20 pm 
 

Curious about the rejection of Ten Onder from Holland. It's an established band; all the members are members of other projects already present in the Archives, and the members' pages show that they participate in Ten Onder. Also, the music is clearly black metal, and the self-titled demo fits all the requirements for a digital release. The only reason for the rejection that I can think of is that the demo is only 16 minutes long (15:56 to be exact). However, I think it's worth noting that the rules for submission of digital releases state that they should be "preferably over 20 minutes," emphasis on "preferably." 16 is close enough to 20 that it shouldn't have made a difference in the decision.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8784
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 pm 
 

Quote:
Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original

15 is pushing it.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 600
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:12 am 
 

Why is Necropussy from Brazil blacklisted?
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
TheOutcast
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 18
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:13 am 
 

Metantoine wrote:
Quote:
Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original

15 is pushing it.


This is what the mods sent me:

"A band needs a valid release before they can be accepted to the site - a valid release is one that's either:

-Distributed in physical form (CD, CDr, DVD, tape, vinyl, etc)
-Digital and available for full download: must also be a finished/final mix (no garage rehearsals or rough mixes), AND long enough (preferably over 20 minutes)
-Already released. That is, no upcoming releases!"

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2269
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 am 
 

Think of it this way: 20 minutes is the bare minimum. 30 is most ideal, and 20 is the lowest that will be accepted, and even then it will be subject to further scrutiny than a longer release. You are arguing for a release that is shorter than the absolute minimum for digital releases, and that demo doesn't even have real cover art besides the band logo.
_________________
Wilytank wrote:
Aeosphorus wrote:
there are post-black metal bands such as ...Sunn O.

When did we start calling Sunn O))) black metal and how soon can we stop?

Top
 Profile  
uglur
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:42 pm
Posts: 173
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:16 am 
 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
Why is Necropussy from Brazil blacklisted?


Noisecore, not metal.

Top
 Profile  
noiz79
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:48 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:36 pm 
 

hi, i tried to submit my band sending a pic of our tape, seems the pic wasnt enough quality (wasnt taking my me, just from one of the labels which are releasing it taking really fast) so it was denied and now i see my band is blacklisted when i tried again with proper pics!. the tape is release by 9 labels through europe. what can i do to have another chance?? is really unfair..
gangrened is the band.

http://www.gangrened.org
http://gangrened.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Gangrened

http://www.cvltnation.com/exclusive-cvl ... leads-way/

Top
 Profile  
BC_Blade
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:45 pm
Posts: 186
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:24 pm 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Clo ... 3540363843

Close the Hatch - blacklisted... just released a new ep last month. linked in submission notes

Top
 Profile  
Stolthet
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:29 pm 
 

Hello, i was trying to submit the band "Sorh" but it was rejected and blacklisted.

Quote:
Sorry, this band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Attempting to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. Thank you.


For following reason:

Quote:
Dark Ambient. Not a metal band; does not belong in Encylopaedia Metallum...


I think its a mistake, please listen again to the Tracks on Bandcamp.

Link is http://sorh.bandcamp.com/

I know its "Ambient Black Metal" but at least its Metal enough.

Thank you and greetings from Germany!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:16 pm 
 

morgenthys wrote:
Quote:
Site was hacked, as I can see. Maybe hacker put there some scripts and because of bad hosting it is overloaded now and almost unreachable. I've tried to make snapshots of these pages and only got textual and embedded content, but not pages' styles and pictures. Anyway, information is available:
1st link's snapshot
2nd link's snapshot
They are also loading slowly, so if someone need, I can make screenshots.


Thanks.

So, is the band's only release a short digital EP shared through a Mediafire link on a now-hacked site? Or are there physical copies available too?
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
RavenScryer
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:01 am
Posts: 1
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:24 am 
 

I respectfully ask that Maeth be allowed to be added to the Encyclopaedia Metallum. They are currently blacklisted. I don't know why. Their new release Oceans to Ashes (09/03/13), is great. It could be because both their albums are digital albums.

http://maeth.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for your consideration.

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5240
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:13 am 
 

I looked at the bands from China yesterday and noticed a good number of them that used to be on the site are gone now? I don't remember any names other than Vomit, but I would have recognised them if I saw them because I was into that stuff in the early 00s, and I remember at least a few of them used to be on the Archives. Was there any major Chinese band purge at some point?
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 600
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:46 pm 
 

droneriot wrote:
I looked at the bands from China yesterday and noticed a good number of them that used to be on the site are gone now? I don't remember any names other than Vomit, but I would have recognised them if I saw them because I was into that stuff in the early 00s, and I remember at least a few of them used to be on the Archives. Was there any major Chinese band purge at some point?


For what it's worth, when V2 released, there was a push to list band and album information in the native language instead of translated English or transliterated gibberish, where needed. Is it possibly the bands you're looking for could now be listed in Chinese characters?
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
morgenthys
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 pm 
 

Quote:
So, is the band's only release a short digital EP shared through a Mediafire link on a now-hacked site? Or are there physical copies available too?


To my knowledge, it is. Maybe it's wise to wait a while before sending them again?

By the way, the last year I send a band (Sunken Industries) who was rejected and currently is blacklisted. I feel this is unfair. I know it was rejected because "it was not metal enough" and I will not criticize this, but I think the doors should not be closed beacuse I made a sloppy move. What happens if in the future the band "is metal enough"? I just want to help bands, not screw over them.

Thanks.

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4911
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:07 pm 
 

morgenthys wrote:
Quote:
So, is the band's only release a short digital EP shared through a Mediafire link on a now-hacked site? Or are there physical copies available too?


To my knowledge, it is. Maybe it's wise to wait a while before sending them again?

By the way, the last year I send a band (Sunken Industries) who was rejected and currently is blacklisted. I feel this is unfair. I know it was rejected because "it was not metal enough" and I will not criticize this, but I think the doors should not be closed beacuse I made a sloppy move. What happens if in the future the band "is metal enough"? I just want to help bands, not screw over them.

Thanks.


If they release a metal album, post about it here and we can re-evaluate it. That's the point of this thread.

Top
 Profile  
necrowizrdacolyte74
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 3
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:01 pm 
 

i was just wondering about the band Gripe from the USA, where they from Athens, Georgia- because there was a band called gripe that was blacklisted, but im not sure if it was the same one. thanks

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:03 pm 
 

This is the band on the blacklist.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
nekurat
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:16 pm
Posts: 8
Location: France
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:40 pm 
 

Hello

Request about MYTHRIM's reject : "Please show proof that this release is already out. The label still lists it as upcoming. (if you own it, take pics)
Also you need to provide samples to prove their metalness"

Proof that this release is already out :
Spoiler: show
Image


Sample to prove their metalness : https://soundcloud.com/nekurat/mythrim- ... terribilis

With Best regards
Nekurat


Last edited by Azmodes on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler tags for larger pictures, please.

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5240
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:43 pm 
 

I know it's really frowned upon for non-mods to give their opinions in this thread, but I cannot keep myself from saying I can't make out shit on that picture.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
keithemerson5150
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:31 am
Posts: 1
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:01 am 
 

I tried to add band 'Meridian' from the USA to the archives and was informed that 'Meridian' has already been blacklisted. I don't understand why - this Meridian is a relatively new band (played their first gig earlier this year) and have just released their first album a week ago, so I don't know how they could have already been blacklisted. More likely is that another band called Meridian has been blacklisted.. but I'm quite sure this Meridian is different.

Details:
Band: Meridian
Genre: Symphonic/Progressive/Melodeath (instrumental)
Hometown: Cleveland, OH, USA
Album: 'Manifest Destiny' (self-release)
Website: https://www.facebook.com/officialMeridian


Last edited by keithemerson5150 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:20 am 
 

noiz79 wrote:
hi, i tried to submit my band sending a pic of our tape, seems the pic wasnt enough quality (wasnt taking my me, just from one of the labels which are releasing it taking really fast) so it was denied and now i see my band is blacklisted when i tried again with proper pics!. the tape is release by 9 labels through europe. what can i do to have another chance?? is really unfair..
gangrened is the band.

http://www.gangrened.org
http://gangrened.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Gangrened

http://www.cvltnation.com/exclusive-cvl ... leads-way/

This can be resubmitted now. Please don't forget to include the proof you provided here in the submission as well.

BC_Blade wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Close_the_Hatch/3540363843

Close the Hatch - blacklisted... just released a new ep last month. linked in submission notes

The blacklist note says it's non-metal sludge/post-rock. The date for the note is from before the new EP release, but from what I'm hearing the assessment is still accurate.

Stolthet wrote:
Hello, i was trying to submit the band "Sorh" but it was rejected and blacklisted.

Quote:
Sorry, this band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Attempting to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. Thank you.


For following reason:

Quote:
Dark Ambient. Not a metal band; does not belong in Encylopaedia Metallum...


I think its a mistake, please listen again to the Tracks on Bandcamp.

Link is http://sorh.bandcamp.com/

I know its "Ambient Black Metal" but at least its Metal enough.

Thank you and greetings from Germany!

Hm, quite a few black metal parts, but I agree that the music seems to be based in ambient. Not what we regard as sufficiently metallic.

RavenScryer wrote:
I respectfully ask that Maeth be allowed to be added to the Encyclopaedia Metallum. They are currently blacklisted. I don't know why. Their new release Oceans to Ashes (09/03/13), is great. It could be because both their albums are digital albums.

http://maeth.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for your consideration.

Listened to the new album and it's sludgy post-/prog rock, not metal. The other release was similarly judged by another mod.

nekurat wrote:
Hello

Request about MYTHRIM's reject : "Please show proof that this release is already out. The label still lists it as upcoming. (if you own it, take pics)
Also you need to provide samples to prove their metalness"

Proof that this release is already out :
Spoiler: show
Image


Sample to prove their metalness : https://soundcloud.com/nekurat/mythrim- ... terribilis

With Best regards
Nekurat

Music is okay, but as droneriot said, it's difficult to make out anything on that photo. I suppose that's an open digipak with front and backcover showing? Could you please provide a clearer photo with the inside shown as well (CD visible)?

keithemerson5150 wrote:
I tried to add band 'Meridian' from the USA to the archives and was informed that 'Meridian' has already been blacklisted. I don't understand why - this Meridian is a relatively new band (played their first gig earlier this year) and have just released their first album a week ago, so I don't know how they could have already been blacklisted. More likely is that another band called Meridian has been blacklisted.. but I'm quite sure this Meridian is different.

Details:
Band: Meridian
Genre: Symphonic/Progressive/Melodeath (instrumental)
Hometown: Cleveland, OH, USA
Album: 'Manifest Destiny' (self-release)
Website: https://www.facebook.com/officialMeridian

This appears to be another band with the same name and country of origin, not the one the blacklisting was intended for (deathcore from Louisiana). This one seems acceptable musically and has a valid digital release. I have temporarily removed the blacklist entry, you can submit it.

droneriot wrote:
I looked at the bands from China yesterday and noticed a good number of them that used to be on the site are gone now? I don't remember any names other than Vomit, but I would have recognised them if I saw them because I was into that stuff in the early 00s, and I remember at least a few of them used to be on the Archives. Was there any major Chinese band purge at some point?

Not that I am aware of. MCH is probably correct, considering Vomit is still in the database, albeit in Chinese form (changed in January 2012).
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5240
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:52 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
droneriot wrote:
I looked at the bands from China yesterday and noticed a good number of them that used to be on the site are gone now? I don't remember any names other than Vomit, but I would have recognised them if I saw them because I was into that stuff in the early 00s, and I remember at least a few of them used to be on the Archives. Was there any major Chinese band purge at some point?

Not that I am aware of. MCH is probably correct, considering Vomit is still in the database, albeit in Pinyin form (changed in January 2012).

Hmmm, that makes me think. How about a checkbox in one's settings where one can choose to have the alternate spellings displayed in the "bands by xyz" lists?
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238 ... 293  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group