Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:02 pm 

I was wondering about the most well known fights in metal. We all know how Cronos knocked out Tom Araya and the childish scuffle between Chris Barnes and Travis Ryan, but are there any more I m not aware of? I know there has to be some. Also didn't one of the guys from destroyer 666 use a racial slur against one of the members of Blasphemy promting him to bust a beer bottle over his head? Not sure if that's true or not.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:08 pm 

There's a couple of humorous and awkward moments from Metallica between various members. Nothing super serious, but funny and awkward moments. As for the Araya/Cronos story, I never knew that, but it's on the Hell Awaits wiki page, and it's hilarious!

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:10 pm 

Well, there's always the Glen Danzig case... Don't sure if it was really a fight, he was knocked out pretty fast. He's not maybe the most lovable person around. Still like his early albums though.

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:11 pm 

Pichushkin wrote:
I was wondering about the most well known fights in metal. We all know how Cronos knocked out Tom Araya and the childish scuffle between Chris Barnes and Travis Ryan, but are there any more I m not aware of? I know there has to be some. Also didn't one of the guys from destroyer 666 use a racial slur against one of the members of Blasphemy promting him to bust a beer bottle over his head? Not sure if that's true or not.

Apparently K.K. Warslut said something like "I really like your band, but why do you have a nigger in it?" This caused him to have the shit kicked out of him by the other members. I think this was at Wacken 2001 or something. They are all friends now though.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:12 pm 

ScandalfTheShite wrote:
Well, there's always the Glen Danzig case... Don't sure if it was really a fight, he was knocked out pretty fast. He's not maybe the most lovable person around. Still like his early albums though.

Oh that's real as shit, he got clocked like a motherfucker. The dude said he got a bunch of death threats and shit from it, and he said he basically regrets it for that reason. Also, the dude wrote a book on it as well.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:24 pm 

Euronymous and Varg. On the day I was born, no less.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:01 pm 

One of my personal favorites was when Billy Milano of M.O.D. socked Warrel Dane in the face. I don't remember the exact story, but it had something to do with somebody's girlfriend. Billy got arrested, Warrel got rocked, everybody laughed I'm sure.

Spoiler: show
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:13 pm 

I always recall but fail to find the video of Mortuus judo-flipping some guy on stage.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:20 pm 

CF_Mono wrote:
I always recall but fail to find the video of Mortuus judo-flipping some guy on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuqboGYK9dA
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 pm 

there were various stories circulating that the members of Possessed used to get into fistfights- with each other!! I've heard similar stories about Slayer and Megadeth, and reportedly even Metallica had a couple of their own heated intra-band dustups over the years. Sometimes the booze (and/or meth) flows, feelings and tempers run hot, and well, shit like that happens. I dunno, it's all just a bunch of stupid drama. Guess it's only interesting when they actually kill each other and even then, it's more fucked up as opposed to actually cool.

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:39 pm 

I always thought the altercation between members of Watain and D.R.I.'s bassist to be quite hysterical. Just for coming on the side of the stage and moshing, the band rushed towards him and beat the hell out of him.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:50 pm 

That awesome video of Kurt Cobain smacking the security guy with his guitar then getting his bell rung in return then everyone wanting to kill the security guy is pretty full on.

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 pm 

Didn't Niklas Kvarrforth get beat up onstage by Maniac during a Skitliv gig for kicking a fan??

Also, I heard Kanwulf of Nargaroth got the shit kicked out of him by Wolf of Absurd for running his mouth.

And as for Glen Danzig, that's not the only time he's had his clock cleaned...... The guy's gotten into more brawls than anyone in the history of music!!

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:05 pm 

Randy from Lamb of God's let's get ready to rumble Glasgow edition. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=542EmJfqD_I

Pretty much Randy being a dick and getting knocked out in the end after hitting a very patient fellow band member.

Last edited by henkkjelle on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:08 pm 

Atropus wrote:
Also, I heard Kanwulf of Nargaroth got the shit kicked out of him by Wolf of Absurd for running his mouth.

Just a punch in the face with a broken nose. For threatening to kill his 2-year old kid on the internet.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:32 pm 

I heard from Cyril (Noktu of Celestia/Drakkar Records) that Sven (Unhold) had an altercation with Kanwulf as well.
Kanwulf is a fairly disliked figure in the German scene.
Sven is a fairly easygoing chap, but definitely not someone you'd want to cross the line with!

Back Stabbath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:59 pm 

I read the thread title as "Infamous physical alterations in metal". I should have had more coffee.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:00 pm 

Suppsedly Seth Putnam from Anal Cunt got into an argument with Chris Barnes at a Six Feet Under show back in the 90s. Chris talked a lot of shit to him and Seth wanted to fight him. But instead Chris had his roadies attack Seth while he ran into his tour bus to hide. :lol:

Anal Cunt then wrote a song about the incident:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlhSTflZ5os

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:05 pm 

Evoken wrote:
Suppsedly Seth Putnam from Anal Cunt got into an argument with Chris Barnes at a Six Feet Under show back in the 90s. Chris talked a lot of shit to him and Seth wanted to fight him. But instead Chris had his roadies attack Seth while he ran into his tour bus to hide. :lol:

Anal Cunt then wrote a song about the incident:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlhSTflZ5os

Didn't seth hound him several years later at a show in Rhode Island?

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 pm 

In Dave Mustaine's biography, there are countless and very extreme examples.

1:Dave Mustaine versus James Hetfield and Ron Mcgovney. Big M got his dog kicked, socks James in the mouth and Judo-flips Ron onto a video game machine, shattering it. Gets fired but gets called back the very next day.

2:Dave Mustaine versus Chris Poland. Megadeth and their respective girlfriends are cramped in one limo because Poland's girlfriend took off in the other one. Things get heated, Poland tells Mustaine to fuck off, gets kicked in the face and they go at it before the limo driver pulls the car into park and yells at them to cut it out or get out. Apologies are exchanged and everyone gets high.

2a: Dave Mustaine versus Chris Poland. Megadeth are in a van. Chris Poland gets slapped by a woman and throws a punch in return. Not knowing what the fight was about but figuring a guy hitting a girl deserves to get his ass kicked, Mustaine hammers away at Poland until the band drags him off.

2b:Dave Mustaine versus Chris Poland. A fight in the studio breaks the toilet off the floor, along with a bed.

2c:Scott Menzies(Megadeth road manager) versus Chris Poland. Megadeth are in a van and all out of drugs(dopesick frustrations, anyone?), insults are exchanged, Scott and Chris wrestle, Scott grabs Chris by the ankles and piledrives him several times onto some steps before tossing him into a ditch.

3:Many years later, Megadeth are made to all sign contracts saying they will not drink or ingest any drugs before playing shows. Nick Menza refuses and is confronted by Mustaine. Menza threatens to quit hours before the show(Fuck that! I ain't signing a fucking thing!). Mustaine loss it and grabs his throat in an Eagle Claw and tries to crush his larynx and pummel his face in. Fortunately, a Megadeth bodyguard who used to be a Green Beret subdues him before any serious harm is done.

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Euronymous and Varg. On the day I was born, no less.

Thats pretty awesome, Euronymous reincarnated?!?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 pm 

So according to Dave's biography, he's an unstoppable killing machine who routinely whips his bandmates' asses and never gets his own ass kicked in return. Why am I not at all shocked?
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:02 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
CF_Mono wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuqboGYK9dA

I think I remember reading a report or news article on that... but didn't the kid get seriously fucked up from that incident? It looks like he did, but I can't remember if there was anything official.

Back Stabbath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 pm 

A mate of mine told me about some doco where they're interviewing a band about a gig.

Apparently the guitarist (or someone) kept getting jossled about by punters bum-rushing the stage, so he got on the mike and announced that he would beat the shit out of the next person who bumped him. Some arsehole in the crowd apparently then found some mentally disabled guy and shoved him up against the band member, who then proceeded to kick the shit out of the poor guy. In the interview I was told he was discussing this in a somewhat deadpan voice (which was described to me with a thick European accent): "So yeah, I was kicking the shit out of a retard."

Does this ring any bells to anyone as to who the band was?

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:30 pm 

Atropus wrote:

That ain't cool. He should know better than to hit a girl.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:37 pm 

That Danzig "fight" is comedy gold, dude got knocked out like a bitch

droneriot wrote:
Just a punch in the face with a broken nose. For threatening to kill his 2-year old kid on the internet.

What a jackass. Lucky him to walk away only with a broken nose.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:50 pm 

Atropus wrote:
Didn't Niklas Kvarrforth get beat up onstage by Maniac during a Skitliv gig for kicking a fan.

Maniac actually has a fan? When did that happen? No wonder he was so protective.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:51 pm 

Glen Benton punched some psycho chick at a gig I read somewhere, it may have been in an interview [video]

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:06 am 

some ex-drummer of 3 inches of blood pushed a door on (Saxon drummer) Nigel Glockler's face, then punched him a few times for whatever reason. he got fired from the band for it. it was big news and all over the metal mags and websites when it happened. mind you, Nigel was (and is) old enough to be his dad, if not older.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:08 am 

That guy in Mastodon is always getting into it with someone or another.

Morton Salt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:28 am 

Seth Putnam vs. Dropdead at a Halloween show (there's a clip on Youtube it's pretty funny)

Randy Blythe murdering someone at a show in the Czech Republic

Suge Knight dangling Vanilla Ice out the window of a building

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:50 am 

interesting thread, i have not seen much that has not been mentioned but Portal regularly push anyone who gets up on their stage, dont blame them and its not exactly much of a fight either

i heard Dino Cazares got punched by Tommy "Vext" Cummings, wish i could have seen that

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:53 am 

Two best fights in metal:

Absurd vs Sandro Beyer.

Kurt of NME vs robot.

Back Stabbath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:03 am 

SatanicPotato wrote:
...Portal regularly push anyone who gets up on their stage, dont blame them and its not exactly much of a fight either

The vocalist of Portal should just insert his squid fingers into any orifice of anyone invading the stage, that would give 'em a night to remember.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:16 am 

Back Stabbath wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:
...Portal regularly push anyone who gets up on their stage, dont blame them and its not exactly much of a fight either

The vocalist of Portal should just insert his squid fingers into any orifice of anyone invading the stage, that would give 'em a night to remember.

might be a fun experience for some

Back Stabbath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:30 am 

I agree. The super serious metal nerd crowd in Melbourne definitely need to get into seafood rather than McDonalds, it's apparently good for the brain.

SoldierOfHell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:04 am 

Not really metal, but its worth seeing :

Skid row singer flying kicking some guy in the audience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=109IvSmPLsY

the kick is around ~1m29

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:51 am 

No one messes with Blasphemy. They're bigger (men) than fucking Rammstein.

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:34 am 

Didn't SoM and Greg Anderson have some biff at some stage?

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:45 am 

BastardHead wrote:
One of my personal favorites was when Billy Milano of M.O.D. socked Warrel Dane in the face. I don't remember the exact story, but it had something to do with somebody's girlfriend. Billy got arrested, Warrel got rocked, everybody laughed I'm sure.

Spoiler: show

It was apparently because Dane was piss drunk and talking tons of shit, which makes sense considering that Dane was notorious for being perpetually hammered.

As for other incidents, Ron Casey knocked Lucas Mann out when he quit Rings of Saturn at the end of that Origin tour in the spring of 2012 because he was just that sick of his bullshit. Also, about Seth Putnam, trust me when I say that the guy got his ass beat by just about everyone over the years.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next