Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:19 am 

caspian wrote:
nah nah Morrigan, the part that I (and I assume tony) found disagreeable was this:
I was talking to Tony.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:50 am 

nekuomanteia wrote:

Out here your lady can walk around naked if she wants to without worrying about neighbors peeping or offending anyone because they're all too damn far anyway. You can fuck on a hammock outside if you like. You can actually see the stars at night, hear the birds in the morning, smell the fresh manure in the air, see the cat snatch himself a nice rabbit, or hear the owls screech at night. Once in a while we'll kill a pig and fry and grill all night long while listening to loud shit and nobody will call the cops on ya. You can raise your own rabbits, goats, and sheep. If ya got a green thumb you can grow your own veggies and trade with the neighbors, well with the ones that like to trade.

That sounds just excellent. Now I feel like shit for having not got the guts or money to do a similar move. My parents are going to buy a cabin from the countryside though. Maybe soon I have some place to rest my nerves from time to time.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:35 am 

Gonna chip in with 'the other side' here. I used to hang out and live (squat) around various housing commission flats in Melbourne's inner suburbs and actually quite liked it; this during a longish period of mental instability and addiction, so relative unending chaos was expected and somewhat desired. From the perspective of the other team, I didn't really give a shit about those probably trying to live a normal life in this area, almost mocked those who were attempting a normal existence and certainly tried to interrupt that particular delusion intentionally. I'm well out of that now in all ways, living a quiet life in the foothills, but have had to venture back to the heart of Collingwood on a Friday night to try and verify my brothers existence, and I can honestly say that I never ever ever ever want to live in that sort of hectic soup of drugged up chaos again.

The moral is, live amongst the trees ;)

asmfc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:53 am 

Man I changed so many places. First I was in this neighborhood that is in the center of the city and it's a huge neighborhood, one part of it has more of an activity and is noisier you could say, the other is closer to the park/wooded area and is the best place to live for me at least. I would like to live there when I grow old, but it expensive as hell considering I can't afford nothing right now. Anyway I lived in the more populated, active part of it, still not really bad.

Then we moved to a shady part of town and by shady I mean it was infested with mafia guys and the office of one of the "clean" firms was there. I lived in a 18 floor building on the 16th right next door to one of the famous mafia guys. One night he was thrown of the window. There were bombings in the building, they wanted to kill a journalist, there were bombings in the neighborhood. Not to mention the pedophile and the lack of street light on some streets, a lot of junkies and on top of all that the building was right next to a little wooded area filled with syringes and stuff. Still good times I had there, but it was in the 90's so a lot has changed, no more mafia shit and wooded area. Oh and when you guys say techno, the scumbags on the 15th floor liked to make us listen to their techno music.

Then we moved to a neighborhood right next to the first one. Nice and quite for the most part except for the tram. nothing to complain about.

But then I decided to go and study in Denmark so I moved again first in the "ghetto" part of town, which unfortunately was a stereotype with all the crime and stuff and I had to share a flat with junkies that stole my food. And now I am in the outskirts of the city and it's a nice neighborhood, cheaper than most parts of town, I mean the rent and it's nicely connected to the city with transportation and stuff, quiet, a lot of green areas, no crime or at least non that I have heard of, but there is the dubstep guy.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:00 am 

I live in one of the burbs in D.C - although technically part of the city proper. It's a quiet neighborhood, mostly black and hipster types like myself. Occasionally you'll have to keep your wits about you - especially on the main streets - and you'll have the random homeless guy or weirdo drunk. It's not a bad neighborhood per se, but it's not a place you'd want to stagger around drunk, or walk around alone, especially if your a woman.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:15 pm 

i live in Yuba City, CA... yehh that is all..

i will say that i have lived; from within the stretch of years, in a number of places.. in the UK( was born there) and back to forth from CA, AZ, and Texas.. ehh idk.. too much 'differntial adjustments' to the point where all i see in this world is that people are people. it will never change for the better or for the worse.. what should matter most is who you surround yourself with (you, and yourself mostly) and not where you are.. it is the same 'story' regardless of where you are..
although, i see strange/humerous/violent reactions.. involving hookers, speed and 'I Love Jesus' bumper stickers..
p.s- second the countryside... human, disgust... the woods, darkness and fog.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 am 

niix wrote:

Hey, I've been through Yuba on the train before. I've never spent much time there though, just passed through. I'd rather live there than Chico, Sac or Fresno; and that's for damn sure.

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:28 am 

iAm wrote:
niix wrote:

Hey, I've been through Yuba on the train before. I've never spent much time there though, just passed through. I'd rather live there than Chico, Sac or Fresno; and that's for damn sure.

right on.. it sure is some place..

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2